g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Jean-Clair Todibo

RedRocket9908

What happens if both Nice and United qualify for the Champions League, could they be placed in the same group?
Also, N.Forest Greek owner seems to be buying players and then loaning them to his other Greek club, isn't that also unfair?
At the moment nothing as SJR doesnt own any stake in Man Utd, if he does buy in to Man Utd though (which still isnt guarenteed to happen) only 1 of them would be allowed in to the Champions League with the other being forced to drop in to the Europa Conference League and they would be banned from signing players from each other in the summer window.

criticalanalysis

Hopefully 4D chess by stringing Spurs along all January to waste their time and then boom in typical Utd fashion, we pay double the market rate to sign him.

Oh wait...

The-Mezzala

If we miss this guy be a shame. Perfect Varane replacement. Him Van de Ven and Romero gives spurs some great options.

RedUnited86

Is he really the player to replace Varane?

He's good on the ball and wins most of his tackles but he doesn't seem to win too many aerial duals?

aeh1991

He's good on the ball and wins most of his tackles but he doesn't seem to win too many aerial duals?
Maybe he has other qualities rhat Varane doesn't have (anymore). Staying injury-free for example.

The Urban Goose

How important are aerial duals in the Prem any more? I haven't seen any stats but it feels like having a quick, mobile CD is more important than having a tall one these days.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
How important are aerial duals in the Prem any more? I haven't seen any stats but it feels like having a quick, mobile CD is more important than having a tall one these days.
Set pieces are still vital. A problem for us if we are still going to play Martinez.

Marwood

Nearly all team have big guys at CB still. Including Pep.

aeh1991

With the SJR connection we need to get him and not let him join Spurs. I also think he is the most gettable in the winter, as players like Tapsoba or Diomande are unlikely to leave in winter, for an affordable price at least.

goalscholes

I still think aerial domination is important. If you keep losing aerial battles, you need to focus a lot more on the second ball which stretches your defensive structure.

croadyman

With the SJR connection we need to get him and not let him join Spurs. I also think he is the most gettable in the winter, as players like Tapsoba or Diomande are unlikely to leave in winter, for an affordable price at least.
Yeah does feel like he is gettable in January

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Pascal Sauvage bought United shares
Pascal Sauvage is french
If Pascal Sauvage's first signing is Jean-Clair Todibo, a french footballer
Then can we start moaning about Nepotism?

aeh1991

Todibo to Spurs seems getting more likely everyday. Would be a shame to lose him to direct rivals. Sir Jim! Do something!

Brophs

The One and Only
And what flag do you see when you turn the Dutch flag clockwise onto its side? It’s all there. You’ve just to be able to see it.

gajender

Todibo to Spurs seems getting more likely everyday. Would be a shame to lose him to direct rivals. Sir Jim! Do something!
So let me get this straight Nice would sell their starting CB mid season which could adversely impact their campaign which holds so much promise as things stand , nah it's not happening Todibo is unlikely to move in January to Tottenham or that matter United .

philippexyz

Jimmy, don't let him go to the Spurs. Bring the lad here in the summer for a discount.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Is there some sort of rules around Ratcliffe not being allowed to step in and block Todibo going to anyone but United? The sort of rule Chelsea/City etc ignore but we will probably follow to the letter?

Laurencio

So let me get this straight Nice would sell their starting CB mid season which could adversely impact their campaign which holds so much promise as things stand , nah it's not happening Todibo is unlikely to move in January to Tottenham or that matter United .
Good, because we can't afford him in January without significant sales. Our only chance of getting him is if he moves in the summer.

aeh1991

How many talented French CBs do Chelsea want? :D

I really hope that Sir Jim can tell him behind the doors that he should stay at Nice and fight for the league, then join United in summer.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
How many talented French CBs do Chelsea want? :D

I really hope that Sir Jim can tell him behind the doors that he should stay at Nice and fight for the league, then join United in summer.
Or he could just not sell him in Jan outright? He doesnt have a release clause right?

Blood Mage

Just a lack of proactivity from us in the market again if we let this one slip because we don't want to do January business. I'm praying that Ineos cuts this shit out.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Just a lack of proactivity from us in the market again if we let this one slip because we don't want to do January business. I'm praying that Ineos cuts this shit out.
If we don't have any money it might be that we can't do January business without selling first.

didz

Pascal Sauvage bought United shares
Pascal Sauvage is french
If Pascal Sauvage's first signing is Jean-Clair Todibo, a french footballer
Then can we start moaning about Nepotism?
I saw that film, and I'm pretty sure Johnny English stopped him gaining control. Whether or not he then bought Lewis Dunk for £80m I can't say.

WouterWeghorst

Supports
Bald Managers
How on earth can Chelsea still make transfers and United are completely stuck with FFP?

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
If we begin to run how we should from the summer then we should have like 3/4 good CB targets in the mould of Todibo that we can go for. Silva, Scalvini, Singo, Diomande etc

JuriM

Wasn't he the dude who was laughing at some pre-match memorial event or smth? I remember briefly something about it start of the season, doesn't sound like the best attitude person to have within you.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
The build up to this window has been dominated by uncertainty. Until a week ago we didn't even know who'd be calling the shots, one half of the lads in charge left, the new minority owners won't be officially in place until after the window I reckon. All in a window we dont really do much business in anyway.

suheilsworld

Can Ineos step in now ? They are still not finalized, as in the final paperwork and shit. Chelsea can easily swoop in if the current management decides to do nothing and wait for summer transfers

RuudTom83

United can’t be interested if he goes elsewhere.

So there is nothing to get flustered about.

But the media will spin it as another United failure no matter the outcome.