Jean-Clair Todibo

Mwooyo

He is quite meh isnt he? Aggressive but often out of position? I cant stand another Bailly-like defender
Tell me you have never watched todibo play without saying it directly. Todibo and out of position is a big lie...he literally covers for the other CB lack of pace. If he comes he would be coming to replace varane and ensure maguire leaves

Andersonson

Tell me you have never watched todibo play without saying it directly. Todibo and out of position is a big lie...he literally covers for the other CB lack of pace. If he comes he would be coming to replace varane and ensure maguire leaves
Heard that before :)

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Nowhere near as dominant as Varane in the air thouugh?

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
How does this work then if Radcliffe owns or part owns both clubs involved in a transfer? Say he orders Nice to sell Tobido to Man United for 50p and a curly wurly - surely that’s breaking some kind of rule? I thought uefa had laws against dual ownership, yet Sesko is passed between the Red Bull clubs like it’s nothing. Am I missing something?

STYLOISRED

To be frank our fans are so terrible at properly judging a player to the point that some calling him meh actually encourages me to take a punt on him.

Baxquux

How does this work then if Radcliffe owns or part owns both clubs involved in a transfer? Say he orders Nice to sell Tobido to Man United for 50p and a curly wurly - surely that’s breaking some kind of rule? I thought uefa had laws against dual ownership, yet Sesko is passed between the Red Bull clubs like it’s nothing. Am I missing something?
How do the RB group clubs sell players to each other for 1/2 the market value or less.....

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
How do the RB group clubs sell players to each other for 1/2 the market value or less.....
I suspect that will end up in charges sooner or later

its not really fair to the marketplace, it’s like taking over multiple football manager game roles under different names then transfer all the best players to your favourite team for peanuts whilst selling all your dross to them for millions

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne

its not really fair to the marketplace, it’s like taking over multiple football manager game roles under different names then transfer all the best players to your favourite team for peanuts whilst selling all your dross to them for millions
I'm not sure there's been any obvious transfers between multi club ownership that weren't fair market value:

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/the...ull-salzburg-to-rb-leipzig/index/galerie/2128

Sesko was around 24M euros, which is a fair market value at the time - I don't think he's done enough to say he's worth significantly more than that straight away.

Even Allan Saint-Maximin went for £23m, which was pretty low by most peoples standards.

I think someone will have to take the piss by selling someone way under market value or way over, for the bigger team to benefit, for it to ever be an issue. It is not in their interest to take the piss as FIFA/UEFA could easily turn round and ban multi-club models off the back of it and then they'd be fecked.

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

I'm not sure there's been any obvious transfers between multi club ownership that weren't fair market value:

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/the...ull-salzburg-to-rb-leipzig/index/galerie/2128

Sesko was around 24M euros, which is a fair market value at the time - I don't think he's done enough to say he's worth significantly more than that straight away.

Even Allan Saint-Maximin went for £23m, which was pretty low by most peoples standards.

I think someone will have to take the piss by selling someone way under market value or way over, for the bigger team to benefit, for it to ever be an issue. It is not in their interest to take the piss as FIFA/UEFA could easily turn round and ban multi-club models off the back of it and then they'd be fecked.
Come on - that wasn't fair market value at the time. Young centre forwards with a high ceiling are hard to come by these days and they got him for a third of the price we got Hojlund for.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff

If United had bid for either it would have been double the price. It’s enough for them to go under the radar

José Mateus

Supports
Benfica
barely had any chances here at Benfica... we could have gotten him really cheap :(

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Come on - that wasn't fair market value at the time. Young centre forwards with a high ceiling are hard to come by these days and they got him for a third of the price we got Hojlund for.
If United had bid for either it would have been double the price. It’s enough for them to go under the radar
It is fair market value for a lad who'd only ever played in the Austrian league. I think you'd struggle to see anyone pay more than that for Sesko at the time, he was just the one in the papers. Alvarez went for about the same, Vitor Roque for a bit more, there's plenty of other strikers out there with a high ceiling - it's quality now that's the problem.

It's hard to speculate what we would have been quoted, without having inside info. They paid way over the odds for Naby Keita for example, I personally don't think they are some bad actor and creating issues for other clubs.

2 man midfield

Do you think if we came knocking that same summer we’d have got him for 24m? I suspect we did exactly that and were told 60m+ to put us off.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Do you think if we came knocking that same summer we’d have got him for 24m? I suspect we did exactly that and were told 60m+ to put us off.
Probably not, but that 24m probably has some sort of sell on fee too, so there's that to consider too. We could have easily been quoted 40m and told them to feck off, it's hard to say stuff like that unless we know what we were willing to pay, if we inquired and what we were quoted.

NoPace

Would be nice to get an RCB in who can play at fullback or on the right of a back 3, which I gather he can? We could have either Lisandro or Shaw step into midfield more, and just play Maguire against big strikers and leave him out against smaller, quicker ones.

Vs. Brexit teams:
Shaw-Lisandro-Maguire-Dalot/Todibo

Vs. not so good non-Brexit teams, play like City:

--------Lisandro-----------------------
Shaw--------Maguire------Todibo

Vs. good teams or strikers Maguire will likely struggle with:
Shaw-Lisandro-Todibo-Dalot/WanB

Might work out for another year, then move on from one of the RBs and Maguire in 2025 and buy starters at CB and RB, with this summer the focus being on a proper box to box midfielder to upgrade on McTominay (and selling McTominay might bring 25-30M of the fee that might cost), a striker who's more reliable than Martial, and Todibo or a similarly

Basically, Eder Militao or Kounde would have fit really well here.

evil_geko

Jim's club selling their top player to one of the United rivals, can't see it happen.

Blood Mage

Jim's club selling their top player to one of the United rivals, can't see it happen.
Wouldn't that technically be an act of corruption though? And maybe the player would rather join Ange's Spurs than come here right now while we're a mess.

Anustart89

Wouldn't that technically be an act of corruption though? And maybe the player would rather join Ange's Spurs than come here right now while we're a mess.
Surely they're free to sell to whoever they want, for whatever reason they want. Wasn't corruption when Levy didn't want to sell Kane to a rival and sold him to Bayern.

Not to mention that nobody said anything when RB Salzburg wanted £50m for Sesko from us but then sold him for £25m to RB Leipzig.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Sesko? Yes. He wasn't even a starter for Salzburg at the time and he was their 6th biggest sale ever. The biggest was Szoboslai sold to Leipzig for €36M. You are seriously overestimating the negotiating power of Salzburg. They can't hold out for crazy fees

Orange Tree

Oh, he is is at Nice? A loan with 10 millions buy clause would do. Or a straight swap with Martial. Seems fair.

2 man midfield

Sesko? Yes. He wasn't even a starter for Salzburg at the time and he was their 6th biggest sale ever. The biggest was Szoboslai sold to Leipzig for €36M. You are seriously overestimating the negotiating power of Salzburg. They can't hold out for crazy fees
We were linked with him though…for 50m plus. There’s no way we’d have got him for 24m euros.

didz

Surely they're free to sell to whoever they want, for whatever reason they want. Wasn't corruption when Levy didn't want to sell Kane to a rival and sold him to Bayern.

Not to mention that nobody said anything when RB Salzburg wanted £50m for Sesko from us but then sold him for £25m to RB Leipzig.
Personally I've come to accept that just because another club can do something doesn't mean that we can.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Have a look in his thread on here, there was loads about it
Romano came out a few times to report he was a genuine interest before he moved. However he was way too expensive.
So yeah, Salzburg didn't want to sell that summer and there was a 50M price quoted - which was really a "we don't want to sell now". Leipzig signed him while leaving him at Salzburg for the season, hence the reduced price: they gave them essentially the price they would have demanded this year. Sesko also pushed for Leipzig apparently

2 man midfield

So yeah, Salzburg didn't want to sell that summer and there was a 50M price quoted - which was really a "we don't want to sell now". Leipzig signed him while leaving him at Salzburg for the season, hence the reduced price: they gave them essentially the price they would have demanded this year. Sesko also pushed for Leipzig apparently
Which we also could’ve done, considering we didn’t sign Sesko that year anyway, I still highly doubt he costs 24m euros.

The fact is, the reason he went for next to nothing is because he was passed between clubs under the same management. If a club outside that wanted him, (i.e United) we’d need to pay a huge premium on top of that to convince them - which is how transfer fees work. Salzburg were basically told they were selling, instead of needing to be persuaded by loads of cash.

aeh1991

Sesko would have brought the same problem as Hojlund that he is not ready to play on a weekly base. He hasn't exploded at Leipzig yet either. The big difference is that he would have been available for much cheaper. But the RB boss had other plans for him and they wanted to avoid another Haaland case of losing a highly rated CF for cheap.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Which we also could’ve done, considering we didn’t sign Sesko that year anyway, I still highly doubt he costs 24m euros.
You didn't sign him because your negotiating team had their fingers stuck up their bungholes and thought you had all the time in the world to make the deal while he was signing for Leipzig. It's literally the first tweet I found in the Sesko thread :lol:

The fact is, the reason he went for next to nothing is because he was passed between clubs under the same management. If a club outside that wanted him, (i.e United) we’d need to pay a huge premium on top of that to convince them - which is how transfer fees work. Salzburg were basically told they were selling, instead of needing to be persuaded by loads of cash.
Except this is wrong. Again, their record sale is 36M. Sesko had barely played for them last year (is currently a back up in Leipzig), there is no world in which Salzburg could hold out for a significant premium on a player they have to sell. It's Salzburg, not Leipzig

To be clear: if your point is the transfer was made easier by the same ownership group, I agree. If your point is, the ownership group drove the deal hard to make it happen, which is unfair to the competition, I agree. If you point is the deal was cheaper than normal because same ownership, you're (mostly) wrong. They have to make the deal within market value, otherwise UEFA could hit them like a sack of anvils

UnofficialDevil

Anti Scottish and Preoccupied with Donkeys.
I'm not anti Scottish, I just wanted Moyes out.

What happens if both Nice and United qualify for the Champions League, could they be placed in the same group?
Also, N.Forest Greek owner seems to be buying players and then loaning them to his other Greek club, isn't that also unfair?

Last edited: