Jean-Clair Todibo

joedirt87

As I said above, force Maguire and Mctominay out. As Sir Alex used to do.

We had the chance to sell a player like Mctominay who is a nothing player for 34m euros, near what Nice was asking for Todibo. But we have donkeys like Murtough who rejected it.
What makes you think we will get the same kind of money for Maguire or McTominay in January when they've been riding pine, or looking even more crap by being played. Also there's the not so small issue of the players actually agreeing to the move and taking less wages, which they will want compensation for that the Glazers won't pay. I feel pretty confident in saying that the club will not be making any new signings in January, other than maybe an emergency loan. Summer is much more likely if ETH is still around.

Borussia Teeth

As I said above, force Maguire and Mctominay out. As Sir Alex used to do.

We had the chance to sell a player like Mctominay who is a nothing player for 34m euros, near what Nice was asking for Todibo. But we have donkeys like Murtough who rejected it.
This isn't as easy as you're suggesting. Fergie used to get rid of unwanted players but we'd sell them for peanuts. Beckham went for around 25m, it was reported that Perez would have paid double. Veron went for less than half of what we paid, despite going to money bags Chelsea. Stam went for 18m which was a lot back then but still below his market value.

A lot of our fringe players used to get released or go for low fees so that the buying clubs could afford to pay around the same wages. Maguire has already made it clear he won't accept a pay cut and McTominay has already rejected Fulham.

So tell me: how do you think we should go about 'forcing them out.'

Giggsyking

This isn't as easy as you're suggesting. Fergie used to get rid of unwanted players but we'd sell them for peanuts. Beckham went for around 25m, it was reported that Perez would have paid double. Veron went for less than half of what we paid, despite going to money bags Chelsea. Stam went for 18m which was a lot back then but still below his market value.

A lot of our fringe players used to get released or go for low fees so that the buying clubs could afford to pay around the same wages. Maguire has already made it clear he won't accept a pay cut and McTominay has already rejected Fulham.

So tell me: how do you think we should go about 'forcing them out.'
How did LVG force tens of players out? I would take half what we were offered in the summer just to make room for a defender. They are nothing players that not only not adding anything to the squads, they are bad apples in the team, I am certain those fringe players are behind those late rumors coming out from the club.

Borussia Teeth

How did LVG force tens of players out? I would take half what we were offered in the summer just to make room for a defender. They are nothing players that not only not adding anything to the squads, they are bad apples in the team, I am certain those fringe players are behind those late rumors coming out from the club.
We sold a lot of players under LvG, but again, they all went for peanuts. Evans 3m, Rafael 2m, RvP 3m, Fletcher 2m, Zaha 3m with a sell on, Nani was part of the Rojo deal etc.

I would like them gone just as much as you but our board have been very tight with sales valuations (to our detriment) since that LvG summer.

So I'll ask again, how would you go about 'forcing them out' bearing in mind that our board will not accept derisory offers, nor will they pay players off like they did for Fergie and LvG?

Giggsyking

We sold a lot of players under LvG, but again, they all went for peanuts. Evans 3m, Rafael 2m, RvP 3m, Fletcher 2m, Zaha 3m with a sell on, Nani was part of the Rojo deal etc.

I would like them gone just as much as you but our board have been very tight with sales valuations (to our detriment) since that LvG summer.

So I'll ask again, how would you go about 'forcing them out' bearing in mind that our board will not accept derisory offers, nor will they pay players off like they did for Fergie and LvG?
The most important signing in Jan, it is an embarrassment we are playing with Evans who we kicked out of the team almost a decade ago. Sell whoever is sellable in January and go get a CB.

Erics_Collar

The most important signing in Jan, it is an embarrassment we are playing with Evans who we kicked out of the team almost a decade ago. Sell whoever is sellable in January and go get a CB.
It's a pretty damning indictment of our academy that we don't have an 18/19 year old defender that's rated highly enough to be 4th or 5th choice CB.

Giggsyking

It's a pretty damning indictment of our academy that we don't have an 18/19 year old defender that's rated highly enough to be 4th or 5th choice CB.
I do not follow the academy so I dont know, but yes, it is amazing how we cant get at least one player from the academy to be our 5th choice.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
This is the key issue here. I thought one of Kambwala, Fish or Mengi will make it.

Still have faith in Kambwala.

Giggsyking

You’re not answering his question
I already did, force them out, we are not the only club in the world who forces players out. Mctominay is the easiest option, he is on law wages and the most sellable. We are not going to derail our season because we fail to fill our emergent need for a CB by keeping fringe players. We get peanuts, yes tough, this is all on our stupid board rejecting 30m for Mctominay, if we manage to get 25m for him in the winter it will be pure profit you can put it on a CB who was reported in the same region price tag.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
I already did, force them out, we are not the only club in the world who forces players out. Mctominay is the easiest option, he is on law wages and the most sellable. We are not going to derail our season because we fail to fill our emergent need for a CB by keeping fringe players. We get peanuts, yes tough, this is all on our stupid board rejecting 30m for Mctominay, if we manage to get 25m for him in the winter it will be pure profit you can put it on a CB who was reported in the same region price tag.
You can’t force people out when they sign a contract. You can receive bids but if they don’t want to go to Fulham or wherever then you have to find a solution where they will want to go.

edit: unless the injuries clear up then those fringe players may become more used. We now have Amrabat at LB ffs.

btw regardless, I don’t think we will buy anyone in January. Perhaps a loan at best

Plastic Evra

I don't know it's true you can't "force" players out though it's probably harder now, it's been accepted that there's legal protections to avoid clubs just bullying players.
You can however certainly message them with no ambiguity they have no part in future plans. For all the talk of player power there's not that many examples of players outright refusing to at least try to compromise & move out year after year when they've been barred from any hope to make it to first team.

I do agree that even then the club generally had to eat some cost to make it happen, either in reduced transfer fees or payoffs.

In McTominay's case we only know of two offers, one from West Ham that MUFC didn't accept and a potential one from Fulham in the very last minutes of the window. Seems a little thin to blame him for being obstructive, didn't seem the club was desperate to offload him.

IRN-BRUno

French Football Federation investigating after Todibo was apparently filmed laughing during the minute's silence before their game on Friday.

Looks like another good character to add to the squad :rolleyes:

pascell

French Football Federation investigating after Todibo was apparently filmed laughing during the minute's silence before their game on Friday.

Looks like another good character to add to the squad :rolleyes:
It was the kind of laugh when someone tells you a joke right before that kind of situation and he's trying to fight not laughing. Not a good look either way but I don't think he's started laughing out of the blue.

parmenio

So we can get this Chap and Thuram loaned in on January pay €5 loans fee and no FFP issues at all Job done ✅

RuudTom83

Knowing United the memo would probably get stuck in the fax machine and result in them breaking their own transfer record set by Maguire to bring Todibo to Old Trafford.

Jericholyte2

Surprised the video of him giggling during the minute’s silence for the victims of the Hamas terrorist attack.

We should probably make sure the due diligence is dialled up to 11 for him.

Bwuk

It was the kind of laugh when someone tells you a joke right before that kind of situation and he's trying to fight not laughing. Not a good look either way but I don't think he's started laughing out of the blue.
That's what I think as well but it's not a good look.

slyadams

Forget sometimes these are young men and young men are fecking idiots. Hopefully the faux outrage doesn't get him fired.
Honestly, the guy is 23, there's nothing here.

I can remember similar things happening to me at inappropriate moments. During my great Aunt's funeral there was a hymn where there was a line something like being "skillful at the "lathe". My Dad at the time had injured himself wood turning on his lathe. As soon as we sang it, I looked at him and we both damn near lost it. If it had been someone closer to me I wouldn't have reacted that way, but realistically you can't expect a 23 year old French guy to be so personally effected by troubles in the Middle East.

JoeyJoJoJrShabadoo

Honestly, the guy is 23, there's nothing here.

I can remember similar things happening to me at inappropriate moments. During my great Aunt's funeral there was a hymn where there was a line something like being "skillful at the "lathe". My Dad at the time had injured himself wood turning on his lathe. As soon as we sang it, I looked at him and we both damn near lost it. If it had been someone closer to me I wouldn't have reacted that way, but realistically you can't expect a 23 year old French guy to be so personally effected by troubles in the Middle East.
People would rather be fake mad with Todibo than deal with the genuine facts surrounding the actual events taking place.

Jericholyte2

People would rather be fake mad with Todibo than deal with the genuine facts surrounding the actual events taking place.
What are the actual facts? Genuinely, I don't know that actual facts, just the video.

Does it not signal an immaturity that we should maybe keep clear off given some of the issues we have currently?

antk

What are the actual facts? Genuinely, I don't know that actual facts, just the video.

Does it not signal an immaturity that we should maybe keep clear off given some of the issues we have currently?
No.

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
My teenage son farted during the eulogy at my aunt's funeral. I immediately cancelled him. True story.

Jericholyte2

My teenage son farted during the eulogy at my aunt's funeral. I immediately cancelled him. True story.
It's not about 'cancelling', it's about deciding whether a 50/60/70 million Euro investment as well as a 4-5yr contract on several hundred thousand Euros per week is worth it.

The analogy you gave is also irrelevant, he's not a minor in an awkward situation, he's a professional athlete in a professional situation who was unable to act in a professional manner.

Last edited:

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Some people laugh in those circumstances because that's how their brain handles it. Hence why you get some people trying to suppress laughter at funerals not because they aren't serious or they're being disrespectful but because they simply can't control it.

Not saying that's what happened with Todibo, but it's not a clear cut case of person being dickhead.

Gordon S

Yeah it feels a bit hard on the guy to label him immature and unprofessional after that. Some nervous laughter just at the wrong time.

AbusementPark

Operates the Unfairest Wheel
Just seen the video but it seems like Giroud is blowing on him or whistling something that’s made him laugh. He’s obviously not going to drop his team mate in it, not great what happened but doesn’t look related to what the silence was intended for.

The-Mezzala

Him and Scalvini are the best under 23 defenders in world football arguably Saliba but a lot of French football fans rate him over Saliba .

hobbers

He could be a saint or an utter cnut but nervous giggling during a minutes silence wont tell you which if either.

FriedClams

Let me guess who you support
united. Saliba is without question one of the top 3 centre backs in the most difficult league in the world, the other two may well become better but to say they are right now is just wrong.