Jean-Clair Todibo

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
In which case you may have replied to the wrong post, because mine had absolutely nothing to do with names. Here is a simplified version:

Varane provides both the experience and the aerial ability, which is needed in our strongest backline, as noone else has those qualities. Todibo has been playing with Dante these past seasons, who has also provided both these things for Nice's backline. So Todibo has never had to be the leader and he has never had to be the first responder to heading situations. So he would probably have a difficult start if he was suddenly expected to do those things.

I am aware that names have been used, but that was inescapable as language more or less demands them in order to denote specific entities succinctly. However, I cannot stress enough that the intention was never to refer to the entire concept of 'Names' during the post. I had thought that would be abundantly clear, however I now realise that I should have added a disclaimer so that posters did not land at the conclusion that I was summoning up unrelated metaphysical entities out of thin air during a discussion about a footballer. I shall set about drafting up such a disclaimer post-haste, as I now see that virtually every post going forward will need it adding in order to avoid confusion.
This is the way I see it. United is a long term project. I'd be extremely surprised if we seriously challenge for the EPL title in the next 2 seasons. This would push Maguire to 33, Varane to 32 and Lindelof to 31. As things stand Lindelof and Maguire already lack the pace to play a high line. Meanwhile Varane is injury prone and at 32 things can only get worse. These are players on the decline with huge salaries and contracts running out

Next summer the club is looking forward to have Martinez back and its evident that its putting branthwaite on top of their shortlist. Martinez certainly has experience and leadership while Branthwaite with his 6ft5 frame will add his aerial prowess to the mix. Both are EPL proven. Todibo on the other hand will probably become our 3rd CB on the condition that Varane and Maguire are sold while if Lindelof leaves we'll go for a cheap young CB (Anselmino?). All of these players are young, they are hungry, they are suited to the high tempo and they are relatively young which means that they'll hit their prime when United will be competing for the juicy stuff.

Now let's have a look at the salaries. Lindelof is on 6m+ a year, Maguire is on 8m+ a year while Varane is on an eye watering 17m+ a year as opposed to Anselmino on 500k a year, Todibo's 1m+ a year and Brantwaite on 3m+ a year. Assuming we double our new signings salaries then we look to spare 22m a year on salary alone. If we sell Maguire for 30m and Lindelof for 25m then in total we'll be recouping 77m between salaries and fees. Now Brantwaite is rated 70m, Todibo is 40m and Anselmino is 17m. That's 50m in red (give and take) for a new CB department that is suited to the modern game, they have the right mix of age and experience and will hit its prime when we do.

Last edited:

Borussia Teeth

Selling Maguire and Lindelof should fetch 50m-60m. Meanwhile Varane should spare us 17m in salary. The former two should cover for Branthwaite.Then we can break Todibo's fee into very tiny installments (I guess we can arrange something with the owner) with Martinez, Tosin (free) and Anselmino (20m) as cover/competition
FFS, another one.

Selling Maguire and Lindelof will NOT fetch 50-60m. Lindelof is in the last year of his contract, he's also on 120k pw. 10-15m at most.

Last summer in the Maguire thread I asked anyone to name me a player, any player, in their 30s purchased by a mid table club (none of the big teams will buy him) for over 30m and pay that player around 200k pw. Nobody could give me an answer (unsurprisingly). Maguire rejected West Ham last year because he refused a pay cut. So again, who do you think will take on the fee and wages?

Maguire will go for 20m at most. The two will probably be less than 30m combined.

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

Maguire will go for 20m at most.
We received a 30m bid for him last summer and his reputation has arguably grown since then.

Yes, Maguire rejected their wage offer but that's not on us to accept a lower transfer fee just so West Ham have more money leftover to meet his wage demands.

AFC NimbleThumb

We received a 30m bid for him last summer and his reputation has arguably grown since then.

Yes, Maguire rejected their wage offer but that's not on us to accept a lower transfer fee just so West Ham have more money leftover to meet his wage demands.
Well it is if you want to sell the player.

If you agree a fee, but the player doesn’t agree the deal based on the wage the only move you can pull is to lower your demands or not sell them.

I tend to agree with the poster. I don’t like banding around fees on here but the idea they’ll fetch what’s being quoted seems fanciful.

Best hope is he’s rehabilitated his reputation to the point a West Ham would pay more in wages/fee.

didz

This is the way I see it. United is a long term project. I'd be extremely surprised if we seriously challenge for the EPL title in the next 2 seasons. This would push Maguire to 33, Varane to 32 and Lindelof to 31. As things stand Lindelof and Maguire already lack the pace to play a high line. Meanwhile Varane is injury prone and at 32 things can only get worse. These are players on the decline with huge salaries and contracts running out

Next summer the club is looking forward to have Martinez back and its evident that its putting branthwaite on top of their shortlist. Martinez certainly has experience and leadership while Branthwaite with his 6ft5 frame will add his aerial prowess to the mix. Both are EPL proven. Todibo on the other hand will probably become our 3rd CB on the condition that Varane and Maguire are sold while if Lindelof leaves we'll go for a cheap young CB (Anselmino?). All of these players are young, they are hungry, they are suited to the high tempo and they are relatively young which means that they'll hit their prime when United will be competing for the juicy stuff.

Now let's have a look at the salaries. Lindelof is on 6m+ a year, Maguire is on 8m+ a year while Varane is on an eye watering 17m+ a year as opposed to Anselmino on 500k a year, Todibo's 1m+ a year and Brantwaite on 3m+ a year. Assuming we double our new signings salaries then we look to spare 22m a year on salary alone. If we sell Maguire for 30m and Lindelof for 25m then in total we'll be recouping 77m between salaries and fees. Now Brantwaite is rated 70m, Todibo is 40m and Anselmino is 17m. That's 50m in red (give and take) for a new CB department that is suited to the modern game, they have the right mix of age and experience and will hit its prime when we do.

While zebras, donkeys and horses, all belong to the equine species, they each have distinct characteristics of their own. Zebras and donkeys are more closely related to each other than they are to horses.

The most notable difference between zebras and their domesticated cousins is that they are almost untrainable. There are very few instances where zebras have been taken out of the wild and accepted instructions from a human being.

The reason for this is that zebras have had to survive in Africa, where there are numerous large predators unlike their Eurasian cousins, who only really had wolves to deal with. This means that when cornered, they instinctively fight back a lot harder. Besides, who really wants to be riding around on a lion’s favourite prey?

Despite these differences, zebras, donkeys and horses all descended from a common ancestor. This creature, known as Eohippus, walked the earth on 5 toes, some 52 million years ago. It was a fox-like animal which thrived in a jungle environment, feeding on fruit and leaves.

As time marched on, Eohippus moved out of the jungle and onto the plains. Unable to scurry and hide from its prey any longer, the animal developed a need for speed. This was easier to achieve by running on its middle toe, the 3rd metacarpal. This toe eventually became more prominent than the others.

This creature evolved according to its environment, getting larger, faster and fonder of grazing as it moved up the evolutionary chain. As the animal underwent these changes, it became known by several other names – Orohippus, Epihippus, Mesohippus, Miohippus, Kalabatipus, Parahippus and Merychippus.

As these animals travelled through time, they became more and more like the modern horse – losing toes, growing longer legs, and developing teeth more suited to grazing. Merychippus is believed to be an ancestor of over 19 other grassland species as well as Dinohippus which evolved into the modern equine.

Disclaimer!! No metaphysical entities were proposed in the making of this post.

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

Well it is if you want to sell the player.

If you agree a fee, but the player doesn’t agree the deal based on the wage the only move you can pull is to lower your demands or not sell them.

I tend to agree with the poster. I don’t like banding around fees on here but the idea they’ll fetch what’s being quoted seems fanciful.

Best hope is he’s rehabilitated his reputation to the point a West Ham would pay more in wages/fee.
Well if West Ham and Maguire fail to reach a compromise on wages again this summer then we simply look for other buyers who are willing to meet his wage demands. His reputation is in a better place now compared to 12 months ago, so we're more likely to have other clubs interested in him. 30m really isn't unrealistic considering how quick West Ham were to agree that fee with us.

AFC NimbleThumb

Well if West Ham and Maguire fail to reach a compromise on wages again this summer then we simply look for other buyers who are willing to meet his wage demands. His reputation is in a better place now compared to 12 months ago, so we're more likely to have other clubs interested in him. 30m really isn't unrealistic considering how quick West Ham were to agree that fee with us.
Those other buyers were where last Summer?

If I have a house to sell you & demand £1mil but the market says it’s worth £500k, I do not have a million pound house.

We can go back & forth about what we think is realistic. What we ‘know’ is West Ham offered around £30mil which we accepted but then didn’t make an offer suitable to the player. This he wasn’t a £30mil player last Summer.

Now I think he’s done a good job rectifying his value somewhat so could see a team making a similar bud & stumping up his wages [also he has a year less on his United deal which will factor] but the idea that he could go for circa £30mil means Lindelof would need to go for £25mil to get to the figures the poster was arguing against. That simply isn’t happening.

I think you’re missing the rather large Lindelof part in his post.

Borussia Teeth

Then just like last season, he won't leave

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

Those other buyers were where last Summer?

If I have a house to sell you & demand £1mil but the market says it’s worth £500k, I do not have a million pound house.

We can go back & forth about what we think is realistic. What we ‘know’ is West Ham offered around £30mil which we accepted but then didn’t make an offer suitable to the player. This he wasn’t a £30mil player last Summer.

Now I think he’s done a good job rectifying his value somewhat so could see a team making a similar bud & stumping up his wages [also he has a year less on his United deal which will factor] but the idea that he could go for circa £30mil means Lindelof would need to go for £25mil to get to the figures the poster was arguing against. That simply isn’t happening.

I think you’re missing the rather large Lindelof part in his post.
As you saw in my subsequent sentence, his reputation has grown since then, therefore an increased likelihood of interest from other clubs.

I don't disagree with his comment on Lindelof. I think we would get a similar fee to the amount we received for Fred.

daba

My ideal scenario too — but I doubt we will get another LB as you imagine Shaw and Malacia(!) will both be back next season
Ideal scenario? How can your ideal scenario for next season be having Martinez + Todibo as first choice (this part is fine) with Kambwala, Lindelof and Shaw as back-ups?

One injury to either of the starters and we’re in big trouble again. Lindelof is not a top 4 level CB, we’ve seen this over however many seasons now. Kambwala needs a loan. Shaw should be at LB and can hardly be relied on to be fit anyway.

Ideal (but still realistic) scenario for me is:

Martinez, Todibo, Varane, Adarabioyo, Shaw

I would keep Evans around as an emergency back-up too and send Kambwala on loan to a top Championship or lower Prem side to develop for a year before taking Varane’s place. Can also have that Anselmino guy at Nice on loan ready in the pipeline too. This would be ideal planning.

Why do we need two CBs? How departures are you expecting?

New CB, Martinez, Varane, Maguire, Lindelof, Evans

• Reports are Evans may retire, which is fine.
  • Varane may leave, but there’s also been reports he’d be happy to extend on a lower salary.
  • Maguire is also a maybe, I think he’s now settled now that the football world has moved on from collectively memeing him and now he’s a sort of 20-30 game a season player.
  • Lindelof - would be happy to get him out, but haven’t seen any rumours about his departure. It’s like he’s hiding in the back whilst everyone is focussed on Varane and Maguire.

Two seems overkill unless two are leaving (excluding Evans).
Two out is completely necessary. If we want ETH’s system to work (or INEOS’ planned style - which will almost certainly involve playing a high line) we need to give him a squad of players suitable to his system.

None of Maguire, Lindelof or Evans can play this. Varane can but is visibly losing pace by the season, however he will be more than fine as a rotational back up for one more year as we rebuild.

Maguire and Lindelof both need to go. We won’t get much, probably 10-15m for Lindelof and 15-20m for Maguire, but we need to be more ruthless. Arsenal were ruthless with their squad and got rid of overpaid bad eggs and players not right for the system and look at the transformation they made within a season or two.

marktan

He might be a good player but I'm sick of us blowing a third of our transfer budget every year on a CB. Make it stop please

devilish

FFS, another one.

Selling Maguire and Lindelof will NOT fetch 50-60m. Lindelof is in the last year of his contract, he's also on 120k pw. 10-15m at most.

Last summer in the Maguire thread I asked anyone to name me a player, any player, in their 30s purchased by a mid table club (none of the big teams will buy him) for over 30m and pay that player around 200k pw. Nobody could give me an answer (unsurprisingly). Maguire rejected West Ham last year because he refused a pay cut. So again, who do you think will take on the fee and wages?

Maguire will go for 20m at most. The two will probably be less than 30m combined.
We got 30m for Maguire last summer. Sure he refused to leave but that was down to two things ie his believe that he could still claw a first team place and him expecting us to pay him the difference for 2 years of contract (we could accommodate 1). Now he's got 1 year left on his contract and surely he understands by now that he'll never be a first teamer

Regarding Lindelof, Inter paid 25m for Pavard. Maybe we won't get 25m but we can certainly aim for 20m.

Last edited:

didz

He might be a good player but I'm sick of us blowing a third of our transfer budget every year on a CB. Make it stop please
In fairness, we didn't do that this year and look what happened. The altar of the injury gods demands sacrifice.

Paul778

Now he's got 1 year left on his contract and surely he understands by now that he'll never be a first teamer
But with one year on his contract we're not getting another 30m offer. Most likely he'll now also want to wait out his contract and leave on a free to try and keep his salary intact.

izak

Supports
Glory Glory Red Devils
Don't we have any prospect CB at the academy, I mean someone we could build into the way we want him to be?

Save a whole lot of money.

I'm in for us signing this guy though.

Borussia Teeth

We got 30m for Maguire last summer. Sure he refused to leave but that was down to two things ie his believe that he could still claw a first team place and him expecting us to pay him the difference for 2 years of contract (we could accommodate 1). Now he's got 1 year left on his contract and surely he understands by now that he'll never be a first teamer

Regarding Lindelof, Inter paid 25m for Pavard. Maybe we won't get 25m but we can certainly aim for 20m.
Maguire having 1 year left will make his value even less. He's also a year older which also decreases his value further.

Lindelof is inferior to Pavard. He will not fetch the same money.

A lot posters will be very disappointed this summer. Even with new upper management we will still struggle with outgoings due to the ridiculous contracts handed out by the old regime.

devilish

But with one year on his contract we're not getting another 30m offer. Most likely he'll now also want to wait out his contract and leave on a free to try and keep his salary intact.
Well that's a possibility but there again he's 31 so he'll be 32 next summer. Does he really want to spend 6 months on the bench with United's PR constantly bombarding him? Cause let's face it, once the club notice that they'll get zero value for him then all gloves are off at that point. The negative PR will poison his last few months with us and after what happened to Jesse and DDG then if I was Harry I wouldn't really bank on that last fat pay cheque towards the end of wh his United's career. Therefore in my opinion he's better moving now. If he wants money then he should aim to Saudi while if he wants serious football then surely the club can set a deal for him to an EPL club. Harry should aim for a long term contract either way.

Regarding the fee it depends on a lot of factors including competition for him and his willingness to move. It also depends on INEOS people to hire top negotiators. That is key. Take Chelsea's negotiators as an example. They managed to find some sucker to take their injury prone reserve no 10 for 50m. The guy had 1 year left in his contract and would then spend most of the season injured. Meanwhile Real was able to find another sucker who was willing to spend 70m on a 30 year DM. Legs are the first to go and yet this club was ready to spend 70m on damaged goods. Top negotiators can get 17m out of a keeper who had never played first team football with their club (James Trafford). That's why I've been banging on us bringing some of them at the club, since, well, 2002

My biggest concern is that it's already may and we have yet to bring the people in the building to do the job. That means that we are largely working with the idiots of the previous admin

Last edited:

devilish

Maguire having 1 year left will make his value even less. He's also a year older which also decreases his value further.

Lindelof is inferior to Pavard. He will not fetch the same money.

A lot posters will be very disappointed this summer. Even with new upper management we will still struggle with outgoings due to the ridiculous contracts handed out by the old regime.
These players attract different crowds. Pavard would not consider signing for west ham or go to saudi . Lindelof and Maguire would (especially the EPL route). We all know that the £££ lie mostly in the EPL

Paul778

My biggest concern is that it's already may and we have yet to bring the people in the building to do the job. That means that we are largely working with the idiots of the previous admin
I would bet that the two on gardening we are waiting for aren’t just weeding their flower beds. Both of them had access to very current scouting information from their previous clubs and likely have remote access/zoom calls with INEOS for the equivalent information at Utd.

Nothing beats boots on the ground though - there are a lot of non playing staff at Utd and getting them all pushing in the same direction rather than trying to feather their own nests is not trivial.

I'm guessing Blanc and Brailsford are the in-person presence representing Barrada and Ashworth at Carrington. I bet the INEOS guys are pretty used to whats involved in transforming a large organisation given their CVs. So maybe it isn't so bad as long as the lines of communication between the four are good, they trust each other and defer to each other where appropriate.

devilish

I would bet that the two on gardening we are waiting for aren’t just weeding their flower beds. Both of them had access to very current scouting information from their previous clubs and likely have remote access/zoom calls with INEOS for the equivalent information at Utd.

Nothing beats boots on the ground though - there are a lot of non playing staff at Utd and getting them all pushing in the same direction rather than trying to feather their own nests is not trivial.

I'm guessing Blanc and Brailsford are the in-person presence representing Barrada and Ashworth at Carrington. I bet the INEOS guys are pretty used to whats involved in transforming a large organisation given their CVs. So maybe it isn't so bad as long as the lines of communication between the four are good, they trust each other and defer to each other where appropriate.
They will surely provide a general direction of how things should be done but they can't be directly involved in anything else that would be breach of contract. Ashworth in particular will be extremely scrutinized considering the 20m spat he's involved into.

Paul778

They will surely provide a general direction of how things should be done but they can't be directly involved in anything else that would be breach of contract. Ashworth in particular will be extremely scrutinized considering the 20m spat he's involved into.
Isn't that what i just said

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
My worry with this target is his supposed weakness in the air. I don’t want us to become this soft center team teams target.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Ideal scenario? How can your ideal scenario for next season be having Martinez + Todibo as first choice (this part is fine) with Kambwala, Lindelof and Shaw as back-ups?
Eh, when did I say this? My ideal scenario is us signing a CB and a LB. I never said who I wanted as the personnel still left at the club. Certainly not Lindelof. I’m not even counting Kambwala. Heck, I didn’t even say I wanted Todibo as my first choice.
Two out is completely necessary. If we want ETH’s system to work (or INEOS’ planned style - which will almost certainly involve playing a high line) we need to give him a squad of players suitable to his system.
Again, if I’ve not made it clear — it’s more the whole getting rid of three (or four in some peoples minds) senior CBs and then signing two in one window. I just don’t think the club are going to do that — all whilst we have numerous other positions of priority too.

Would it be nice to see us let Lindelof, Maguire, and Evans leave and replace them with two more appropriate younger profiles? Sure. Do I think that will happen in practice? No. Or, would I want two CBs at the cost of missing out on a LB or an extra central midfielder? Again, no.

AFC NimbleThumb

As you saw in my subsequent sentence, his reputation has grown since then, therefore an increased likelihood of interest from other clubs.

I don't disagree with his comment on Lindelof. I think we would get a similar fee to the amount we received for Fred.
He’s a 30 year old CB lad, more clubs being interested doesn’t automatically equate to a larger fee for the club especially when the sticking point 12 months ago was his wage & his contract will be shorter.

We could go back & forth but I guess the Summer will tell. Feel free to come back at me when the Lindelof/Maguire axis rake in £60mil this Summer. I’ll be waiting.

gajender

He’s a 30 year old CB lad, more clubs being interested doesn’t automatically equate to a larger fee for the club especially when the sticking point 12 months ago was his wage & his contract will be shorter.

We could go back & forth but I guess the Summer will tell. Feel free to come back at me when the Lindelof/Maguire axis rake in £60mil this Summer. I’ll be waiting.
It would be £35 m for both of them if we are Lucky or could even be less to be honest .

AFC NimbleThumb

You do realise I wasn't the poster who said Maguire and Lindelof would rake in 60m?
Considering I referred to the post that does, yes but let’s stop the subversion.

You picked out the Maguire £20mil part of a wider post where the poster says we’ll be lucky to get £50-60mil.

We aren’t getting big numbers for either. I’ll be here in the Summer.

It would be £35 m for both of them if we are Lucky or could even be less to be honest .
Exactly my thoughts. I think the wage saving will be what Ineos will be focused on.

Red Royal

Would like to see Kambwala get some minutes at CB (not fullback) to see if he has got what it needs to replace Lindelov. That would help so much, I thought he did okay in the game he played at West Ham (albeit we lost 2-0). Having him ready means we can sell 2 and buy 1,
e.g.Todibo and appear to strengthen

Kingslayer18

I don't even think we stand a chance at signing Yoro, to be honest. The reason I mentioned him is because I think he's one of, if not the best prospect out there at the moment. He's probably going to Madrid, though.

Branthwaite would be my LCB option, without a doubt. Tapsoba is more of a RCB if I'm not mistaken, but he can play on both sides as well.

Right now, I think Martínez is our only centre back that's completely suited to a high line and possession-based football. That's the reason I'd try to get two new players in that position, but I wouldn't be surprised if we had to settle for only one this summer, and probably another in summer 2025.

I'm expecting at least one departure from the trio of Maguire, Varane, and Lindelöf, but I could also see two, to be honest.

I'd be keeping Maguire, if I had to choose one.

I know. It looks like Madrid has the Yoro signing all sealed up. Quite irritating how they are able to get these generational talents like Camavinga and Yoro. I’m just hoping that with the funds involved in the Mbappe transfer, they push out getting a younger CB to 2025 and we can sneak in there. Lille doesn’t want to sell Yoro to PSG, so if Madrid delay, there is a small possibility of another club coming in.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
While zebras, donkeys and horses, all belong to the equine species, they each have distinct characteristics of their own. Zebras and donkeys are more closely related to each other than they are to horses.

The most notable difference between zebras and their domesticated cousins is that they are almost untrainable. There are very few instances where zebras have been taken out of the wild and accepted instructions from a human being.

The reason for this is that zebras have had to survive in Africa, where there are numerous large predators unlike their Eurasian cousins, who only really had wolves to deal with. This means that when cornered, they instinctively fight back a lot harder. Besides, who really wants to be riding around on a lion’s favourite prey?

Despite these differences, zebras, donkeys and horses all descended from a common ancestor. This creature, known as Eohippus, walked the earth on 5 toes, some 52 million years ago. It was a fox-like animal which thrived in a jungle environment, feeding on fruit and leaves.

As time marched on, Eohippus moved out of the jungle and onto the plains. Unable to scurry and hide from its prey any longer, the animal developed a need for speed. This was easier to achieve by running on its middle toe, the 3rd metacarpal. This toe eventually became more prominent than the others.

This creature evolved according to its environment, getting larger, faster and fonder of grazing as it moved up the evolutionary chain. As the animal underwent these changes, it became known by several other names – Orohippus, Epihippus, Mesohippus, Miohippus, Kalabatipus, Parahippus and Merychippus.

As these animals travelled through time, they became more and more like the modern horse – losing toes, growing longer legs, and developing teeth more suited to grazing. Merychippus is believed to be an ancestor of over 19 other grassland species as well as Dinohippus which evolved into the modern equine.

I'm guessing Lindelof is the zebra, Maguire is the donkey and Varane is the horse?

Rojofiam

I know. It looks like Madrid has the Yoro signing all sealed up. Quite irritating how they are able to get these generational talents like Camavinga and Yoro. I’m just hoping that with the funds involved in the Mbappe transfer, they push out getting a younger CB to 2025 and we can sneak in there. Lille doesn’t want to sell Yoro to PSG, so if Madrid delay, there is a small possibility of another club coming in.
Yoro is great, but I wouldn't be too bothered about him going to Madrid if we were seriously looking at Diomande. He would be my number 1 option if we have no chance at Yoro, but it doesn't seem like he's high on our list of CBs.

Demaw

Don't we have any prospect CB at the academy, I mean someone we could build into the way we want him to be?

Save a whole lot of money.

I'm in for us signing this guy though.
Sadly no, we have always had pretty average CB's in the academy. At present, Aljofree, Rhys Bennett, Will Fish, Frederickson, Louis Jackson so no one coming through at present.

izak

Supports
Glory Glory Red Devils
Sadly no, we have always had pretty average CB's in the academy. At present, Aljofree, Rhys Bennett, Will Fish, Frederickson, Louis Jackson so no one coming through at present.
Then we've got to scout better at youth level,

Grande

Possibly my favorite response to a post in redcafe in 2024, possibly even 2022.

dabronxolivera

Supports
Al Hilal

Disagree. Buying footballer is like buying a gas station sushi. The older they are, the cheaper they would be. His reputation might has grown but he's a year older and as we know 30+ is pretty ancient in football. He would sell for 30m at most even then I cant really see it

izak

Supports
Glory Glory Red Devils
Our U18s have the best record in England.
And we don't have any supper talented defender ready for the big step up like Mainoo has in midfield??

For years we've not had a defender come out of the Academy, with any sort of potential we might hope on.

The club needs to look into that, we can't be spending 80m on flops like Maguire or 35m on the likes of Lindeløf

If we had invested £80m into searching for the next Rio or Vida, instead of signing Maguire, by now we would have found at least two to four young defenders with high potentials.