Jeremy Corbyn - Not Not Labour Party(?), not a Communist (BBC)

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Tin foil hat time but i wouldn't be surprised if that video has been known about for some time and someone aware has leaked it as anti-corbyn press.

Maybe just a coincidence that it's come out at the same time Tories have gone into attack corbyn overdrive
Odd conspiracy theory. The reaction to the video seems to have been overwhelmingly in support of Corbyn rather than against him.

Smores

Odd conspiracy theory. The reaction to the video seems to have been overwhelmingly in support of Corbyn rather than against him.
Finding it disgusting isn't the same as supporting Corbyn. It's the whole setting the tone off Army vs Corbyn.

Like i said tin foil stuff but seems convenient to me

Nuts

The highest ranked members in the room will get dismissed. That's no example to set to young soldiers. The army are professionals, not a bunch of cowboys.
The irony in that whole episode was off the scale. Kids shooting at a picture of the guy who’d ensure they’d never be sent to an illegal, dangerous war and would be decently looked after when they leave the army.

Heartbreaking to think they’re conditioned to think the Tories are interested in the maintenance of the army when a walk down the high street of any town shows you they’re perfectly happy to see thousands of them end up on the streets.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Pretty weird that the army is so against Corbyn considering he’s one of few politicians that is against frivolously shipping these guys off to these absolute hell hole situations that result in a lifetime of PTSD.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Pretty weird that the army is so against Corbyn considering he’s one of few politicians that is against frivolously shipping these guys off to these absolute hell hole situations that result in a lifetime of PTSD.
Some soldiers seek combat.

Rolandofgilead

Trigger Happy Priest Killer
Scout
Supports
Weymouth
The sad fact is that they are conditioned to think that way, the same way that the electorate are subtlety conditioned to think that he is an Anti-British traitor.

Ducklegs

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Even though its disgusting and just makes him even more revolting and despicable, not enough people care about antisemitism in the UK for it to damage him.

nickm

Even though its disgusting and just makes him even more revolting and despicable, not enough people care about antisemitism in the UK for it to damage him.
People have made their minds up Corbyn. He can’t really poll any worse as a potential PM.

nickm

The army is there to fight. Imagine joining an organisation where the CEO refused to ask it to do the job it was there for. The employees would rightly think he was an idiot.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
People in the armed forces have always seem themselves as upper class and against the terrible reds under the bed that they associate with Labour. This gets progressively stronger with the officers who associate Labour with anti royalist.

How do I know. When you have worked with them it is pretty obvious.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
Pretty damning, but not at all surprising.

Jezbollah isn't antisemitic it's clearly a Zionist conspiracy.... Oooooh Jeremy Corbyn etc
I have a feeling labours (and particularly Corbyn) are going to get a lot of questions over this in any snap election... And to date they have done a really really bad job of dealing with it

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
They have an 8 page pull out in today's edition 'how to protect your cash from Jeremy Corbyn'.

Might have a gander.
I wouldn't bother. They will take 7.99 pages slagging him off and maybe one paragraph on the money bit.
There are much better places to find out about protecting your money.
Totally crap journalism.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Both parties clearly have issues but I barely hear anything about Tory Islamophobia.

Sweet Square

Conservatives - Jeremy Corbyn is Che and Lenin combined, his momentum thugs will put us all in gulags on the isle of wight.

Jeremy Corbyn -

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
'Red Jezza talks dirty with foreign radical'

ZupZup

The problem with articles like that one in the Sunday Times is I am not sure how much traction they can really gain at this point in terms of changing public opinion.

The papers have filled up column inches demonising the guy for a few years now. Whilst some of what they write may have an element of truth to it... a lot of it is partisan rubbish. The 8 page pullout of 'how to protect your money from Corbyn' being a prime example.

I think readers just get fatigue with it. People who dislike him will be outraged by the latest story and people who support him will just ignore it and shrug it off as more of the same. The media have become their own worst enemy in this battle.... it's a bit like the boy who cried wolf. People who support him just won't take any article like this seriously because the sources have shown their hand and it's clear they have no neutrality whatsoever. I imagine there are a lot of news editors feeling a bit perplexed as to why their negative stories are just not very impactful.

Now we have a situation where people moan about how "he can do no wrong" to some people. It's perhaps a natural equal and opposite reaction to the many people who believe he can do no right... which is most of our predominantly right leaning media.

Kaos

Both parties clearly have issues but I barely hear anything about Tory Islamophobia.
Because they don’t care, the same way they don’t actually care about anti-semitism but use it as a convenient stick to beat Corbyn with.

Dave89

The big issue with Tory Islamophobia is that the Daily Mail and Murdoch think they're not Islamophobic enough.