Jesse Lingard | Seoul singer

I still think he has played a blinder. He had had two short, brief periods of real form in his whole career and he has managed to manipulate that into a 10+ year career, score a goal in an FA Cup final, over 200 appearances for Manchester United and his last contract was 200k a week!

He is bright, bubbly and energetic (and immature) as a personality and he hasn’t just maximized his talent, he has achieved way beyond what his talented merited.

If he now goes to the US or Middle East and cashes in again, he will have played it perfectly. Without his divisive personality, he is playing for Millwall and getting 15k a week.

He has smashed it to be honest.

17 games - 0 goals 0 assists

Not the 1st or 2nd season of such woeful production either. But yea, he's brilliant just misunderstood.
Yeh, in the first half of the season when teams were walking through us for fun. Pretty much all of our attackers had similar stats. Difficult to create or score if you spend most of the game defending in your own half. I’m not trying to say he’s been a success but there’s a narrative on here regarding Lingard that is BS.

Lingard, Pogba era summed up what's wrong with United
club should've done the same

I still think he has played a blinder. He had had two short, brief periods of real form in his whole career and he has managed to manipulate that into a 10+ year career, score a goal in an FA Cup final, over 200 appearances for Manchester United and his last contract was 200k a week!

He is bright, bubbly and energetic (and immature) as a personality and he hasn’t just maximized his talent, he has achieved way beyond what his talented merited.

If he now goes to the US or Middle East and cashes in again, he will have played it perfectly. Without his divisive personality, he is playing for Millwall and getting 15k a week.

Agree with this.

Two periods of good form in his entire career and he's managed to milk them for all they are worth.

About 3 months in the 17/18 season for us and his loan spell at West Ham. That's it basically.

I think he'll go to a club in the USA now.

It’s a bit difficult to recapture your previous form from the injury table, where he’s been for pretty much the 2nd half of the season. But hey, we all hate Jlingz here :rolleyes:

A 29 year old has no business signing a 1 year contract for that exact reason, injuries. A very bad move from him, players his age fight to get 4-5 year deals because you don't want to be club less, low reputation at his age. He can't get the maximum contract he could have got.

A 29 year old has no business signing a 1 year contract for that exact reason, injuries. A very bad move from him, players his age fight to get 4-5 year deals because you don't want to be club less, low reputation at his age. He can't get the maximum contract he could have got.
He signed a one year deal because it suited both parties in the event of us going back down

Scottish football is calling.

Last year he was blaming the club for his bad career moves. I wonder who he is going to blame now.

He signed a one year deal because it suited both parties in the event of us going back down
He should have been looking for a multi-year contract with clauses in the case of you getting relegated that included a fairly low release clause (which protects him) and a significant wage decrease (which protects Forest). That way he could easily get out if you did get relegated but he also couldn't just sit on those wages in the Championship and be a massive drain on the club.

It's actually worked well for Forest since he wasn't worth the wages he was on and you can now just release him, but it's likely quite a bad situation for Lingard now. There's a fair chance that any wages he gets now are significantly less than what he could have got 12 months ago, so ultimately he would have got more money by signing a 4 year contract on lower wages then (whether with you or somebody else). Maybe it won't work like that and he'll still get good wages since he's on a free, but I'll be surprised.

I don’t think he gets another PL club. MLS or Middle East beckons.

Not glam enough for the Middle East, why would they want him? They want Lambourghini’s to show off, nobody is impressed by a 2008 Fiesta. MLS would be a good option for him but he seems close with his family and probably would want to stay in England.

Chamoionship club, a Southampton Leeds or Leicester might take a punt, as at a lower level he aint too bad. Remember Brum?

Feels like he could have been an Ashley Young type of hardworking journeyman had he been focused enough. Amazing he hung around Old Trafford for as long as he did really.

Kind of a great comparison in terms of level. Young really was a great professional.

Feels like he could have been an Ashley Young type of hardworking journeyman had he been focused enough. Amazing he hung around Old Trafford for as long as he did really.
Kind of a great comparison in terms of level. Young really was a great professional.

Ashley young was miles better talent than Lingard. He was very good left winger during his Villa days, played at a level beyond Lingard's ability.

He was in PFA team of the year twice and also won PFA young player of the year. This was at the time when PL had attacking talents like Ronaldo, Rooney, Tevez, Berbatov, Torres, Drogba, RVP, Nasri, Fabregas, Gerrard, Modric (played as LW at times) and few others.

Yep choosing in 2021 to run his contract down has proved to be a spectacularly bad career move.
I think the bad career move was taking a 1 year contract with Forrest, rather than than running down his contract at United.

A three year contract at West Ham on less money a year would have been the safer move.

Forest were completely insane giving him close to 200k. Thats something like what United would do

Can tell he’s a brain dead player. Followed the money instead of thinking about his career. Who chooses forest over West Ham? :lol: He could have won a trophy next week.

Where is Dele Ali?

Glad ETH Came in and Helped Rashford before he self destruct.

Everybody is forgetting that time he scored 4 goals on his debut on loan at Birmingham.

I think the bad career move was taking a 1 year contract with Forrest, rather than than running down his contract at United.

A three year contract at West Ham on less money a year would have been the safer move.

Well probably yeah, with both decisions though he was basing them purely on money.

Well near enough.

Not really mate Warrington isn't even greater Manchester never mind Manchester.

And he's been "working" in Manchester since he was a kid and likely living in Manchester most of his life.

By that logic I suppose Johnny Evans, McTominay or any kid that joins Uniteds academy and moves to Manchester at 16 are Mancs too.

Or maybe we just accept that Jesse Lingard isn't from Manchester.

I can't see any MLS team using the Designated Player tag on him. While some players make very good money in the MLS, I doubt any club would put him in that bracket. At best he might get an offer for $400K USD per year which is a far cry from what he was making. All of his own doing mind you.

Forest were completely insane giving him close to 200k. Thats something like what United would do
We didn’t give £200k or even close to that (for about the 8th time on this thread:rolleyes:) it’s approx £100k - £120k plus bonuses (probably none of which he’s achieved).

Not really mate Warrington isn't even greater Manchester never mind Manchester.

By that logic I suppose Johnny Evans, McTominay or any kid that joins Uniteds academy and moves to Manchester at 16 are Mancs too.

Or maybe we just accept that Jesse Lingard isn't from Manchester.
Warrington is 13 miles from OT, Orford where he is from and Cadishead which is Greater Manchester is 7.1 miles. It's pretty fecking near.

Yeh, in the first half of the season when teams were walking through us for fun. Pretty much all of our attackers had similar stats. Difficult to create or score if you spend most of the game defending in your own half. I’m not trying to say he’s been a success but there’s a narrative on here regarding Lingard that is BS.
You had him for one year, we had him for 10. Maybe, just maybe we have a better grasp of what he has to offer (which isn't enough to get a contract offer from the 16th best team in the league apparently)

Be interesting to see where he ends up and if his ego can process a reality check of his situation.

Maybe a moot point but do people actually realise that he was offered MORE money at West Ham than at Forest??

Forrest will be licking their lips that they only gave him a 1 year contract, seeing as he was shite and on 250k/week.