Jesse Lingard | Seoul singer

Lewnited

Good luck to him. Lord knows why he thought he was better than West Ham, but I guess this is what you get.

Crazy to think that we all knew he wasn't good enough all those years ago and yet he produced numbers that our £85m man could only dream of.

Based Adnan

Rooney talking about him dancing at Carrington the day after losing vs Liverpool and then doing it again another time. Starts at 36:19 as it isn't timestamping properly for some reason.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Rooney talking about him dancing at Carrington the day after losing vs Liverpool and then doing it again another time. Starts at 36:19 as it isn't timestamping properly for some reason.

Tbf he's not talking just about Lingard. Neville mentions him in regards to dancing. Rooney is talking generally about the culture of United not being the same post Fergie.

jem

Side-note: Rooney seems like a good laugh; never imagined he would be.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Tbf he's not talking just about Lingard. Neville mentions him in regards to dancing. Rooney is talking generally about the culture of United not being the same post Fergie.
It’s been like if you’re at really good but strict school. You know you can get away with a tiny bit of banter. Then the teacher retires and they all go into substitute teacher mode. You can see how this was never going to get the max out of stroppy young entitled players who were filthy rich and famous before they’d even achieved anything. The dancing used to always get me too. Dude spent his carear going around acting like he’s an 11 year old girl. He was a total laughing stock and he loved it

Tyrion

It’s been like if you’re at really good but strict school. You know you can get away with a tiny bit of banter. Then the teacher retires and they all go into substitute teacher mode. You can see how this was never going to get the max out of stroppy young entitled players who were filthy rich and famous before they’d even achieved anything. The dancing used to always get me too. Dude spent his carear going around acting like he’s an 11 year old girl. He was a total laughing stock and he loved it
The moaning about the dancing was always silly but dancing around after a defeat does suggest he doesn't care.

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout

Haven’t listened to the whole thing so apologies if I have this wrong but is Rooney referring to players dancing in the dressing-room following a defeat to Liverpool in the Moyes season? Because Lingard wouldn’t have been involved in that, he was on loan somewhere at the time. And if it was dancing with Pogba following a defeat to Liverpool, the only season Lingard, Pogba and Rooney shared a dressing-room as first-team players was 16/17 when we didn’t lose to Liverpool.

Tyrion

Haven’t listened to the whole thing so apologies if I have this wrong but is Rooney referring to players dancing in the dressing-room following a defeat to Liverpool in the Moyes season? Because Lingard wouldn’t have been involved in that, he was on loan somewhere at the time. And if it was dancing with Pogba following a defeat to Liverpool, the only season Lingard, Pogba and Rooney shared a dressing-room as first-team players was 16/17 when we didn’t lose to Liverpool.
I think some here just think dancing in general is bad. Footballers must be tough and manly. They should drink beer, grow beards and wait around in car parks for refs. Instagram and dancing is for teen girls apparently.

K Stand Knut

I think some here just think dancing in general is bad. Footballers must be tough and manly. They should drink beer, grow beards and wait around in car parks for refs. Instagram and dancing is for teen girls apparently.
What an equally shite rhetoric!!

Ludens the Red

Yeah you have it wrong. He didn’t actually say the Moyes season. He also didn’t mention Pogba at all. And more of a hint it was Lingard.

The Original

Lingard wasn't a relevant player in the squad at this time so no reason to pick on him. And Rooney certainly wasn't the most professional himself.

Fabio Rochemback

The dancing used to always get me too. Dude spent his carear going around acting like he’s an 11 year old girl. He was a total laughing stock and he loved it
Yeah I never warmed to him. A deluded manchild off the pitch and on it, a mediocre EPL at best. However, some people seemed to genuinely hate him which I could never understand either. He is major tit but I am not aware of anything that showed him to be a bad person.

Posh Red

Which part? Most of the complaining about his dancing is just middle aged guys moaning. Same with the moaning about social media.
I’m the same age as Lingard, and he seems extremely immature/childish. Dancing around after a defeat doesn’t surprise me with Lingard, because he doesn’t take his job seriously enough.

Pickle85

I’m the same age as Lingard, and he seems extremely immature/childish. Dancing around after a defeat doesn’t surprise me with Lingard, because he doesn’t take his job seriously enough.
Agreed. He's an utter prat that acts like a 14 year old. Arrested development.

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
Yeah you have it wrong. He didn’t actually say the Moyes season. He also didn’t mention Pogba at all. And more of a hint it was Lingard.
OK then, I’ve just checked and the only defeat to Liverpool between the Moyes season and Rooney leaving was the 2-0 at Anfield in the Europa League in March 2016, a game that Lingard had no involvement in. Although I suppose he might have turned up at Carrington the following day in a better mood than his teammates who actually played it. The next defeat after that was Mourinho’s last game in which Lingard scored a consolation, but Rooney was long gone by then.

AndySmith1990

Which part? Most of the complaining about his dancing is just middle aged guys moaning. Same with the moaning about social media.
Have you done a survey to find the average age of everyone complaining about him?

There's a time and place for messing about and a time for being professional. Maybe that's why middle aged guys take issue with morons like Lingard, because we actually understand the importance of professionalism and maturity

arthurka

Am Brazilians dance all the time (no stereotyping at all) why is young Jesse childish but they just good time happy people?

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
I only remember him having 1 decent season and I think it was under Mourinho. I remember a goal he scored where he dribbled all the way from the halve way line. Think it did it more than once… against Middlesbrough and Watford.

Tyrion

because we actually understand the importance of professionalism and maturity
Yet the complaints are mostly about Instagram and dancing. His performances are bad enough that people could just focus on that. When you start moaning about his social media, you just sound like a grandparent saying "Well back in my day..."

Andersonson

Lingard has always been a child. When you are more interested in dancing and having than winning matches you can expect some scrutiny

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
A good season or 2 there and he could still come back to us, being so young and that.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
:lol: shit weather can have that effect.
That and they're in that strange forgotten hinterland between Manchester and Liverpool - not quite Mancs and not quite Scousers, universally shunned and despised! A difficult place to be born :lol:

arthurka

That and they're in that strange forgotten hinterland between Manchester and Liverpool - not quite Mancs and not quite Scousers, universally shunned and despised! A difficult place to be born :lol:
And that it's really a bad combo.