Jesse Lingard 'to leave on a free'

Gandalf

Just admit you got this wrong and are being unfair to Lingard. There is no need to defend our piss poor management and organisation. Fact is he is easily moved on snd valued by other teams, he is better than what the haters give him credit for, but for whatever reason we can't get the best out of him and make him seem like a cancer.
Why would I admit to that? I was not wrong and you have not provided any evidence to the contrary. A transfer request from the player and he would have been gone but he chose not to do that. There is plenty of evidence of the piss poor management of the team as you say and I am not defending the club but I am sick of the narrative that Jesse has been mistreated when that is far from the truth.

Tyrion

For sure, let's be honest, the amount of shit he's done over the years on social media and leaking stuff to the press he should have known it would come back to bite him in the arse one day
I loved how Scholes said "I hope Jesse won't mind me saying this but...". Jesus. Scholes won't be told many secrets from now on. :lol:

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
His brother was compensated handsomely in the form of millions of pounds over those 20 odd years.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
His time is up at the club, but he should have been given an opportunity to say goodbye to the fans tonight.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
probably got Scholes to thank for that?
Yeah, I can’t imagine he’s going to be trusted with any dressing room info going forward.

I can’t stand Lingard, but the lads spent 20 years at United and deserved the opportunity to say goodbye to the Old Trafford fans.

TheReligion

Abusive
Yeah, I can’t imagine he’s going to be trusted with any dressing room info going forward.

I can’t stand Lingard, but the lads spent 20 years at United and deserved the opportunity to say goodbye to the Old Trafford fans.
I guess we don’t know what’s been going on behind the scenes but I know what you mean. It’s sad it’s ended like it has done really but I don’t think he’s been great in it all himself either.

It does feel like he didn’t get much opportunity since he returned from loan though which I found odd given rumours Ole has promised him game time if he stayed.

Based Adnan

No right to cry about a send off when you've been leaking left right and centre

Good riddance

Matriac

His time is up at the club, but he should have been given an opportunity to say goodbye to the fans tonight.
Then the league should have allowed for 5 subs.

Except for Fred who needed minutes after recovery to help us steer in Europa League in the final games, both subs are likely leaving after this season, for the first time, Lingard had several chances to.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Didn't care about a send off when he wanted to leave last year?

hobbers

The funny thing is him and his family are probably deluded enough to think he'd actually have received the sort of reception Jones, Mata and Matic got.

L1nk

The funny thing is him and his family are probably deluded enough to think he'd actually have received the sort of reception Jones, Mata and Matic got.
They’re deluded enough to think he’s a good football player so probably. Beeb stealing a living at this club for years and we’re supposed to get down and beg him to stay, be thankful that he graced us humble peasents with his presence at the club apparently. He’s one of the main reasons the squad is toxic and one of the reasons the culture has gone to the dogs and our standards are in the toiler, coming from a purely squad level that is. Should have been moved on years ago and he only benefited from being kept on because he was an academy player, no other reason

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
They’re deluded enough to think he’s a good football player so probably. Beeb stealing a living at this club for years and we’re supposed to get down and beg him to stay, be thankful that he graced us humble peasents with his presence at the club apparently. He’s one of the main reasons the squad is toxic and one of the reasons the culture has gone to the dogs and our standards are in the toiler, coming from a purely squad level that is. Should have been moved on years ago and he only benefited from being kept on because he was an academy player, no other reason
James was sold before him :lol:

Tiber

He isn't wrong about the way the club is run.

But I have little sympathy for Lingard, he was paid millions and millions of pounds and after nearly a decade in the first team squad managed 2 or 3 periods of genuinely good form.

Time for both sides to move on, frankly it was time 2 or 3 managers ago

mancsarered

Think we've had the last laugh here. Good riddance you tabloid leaking princess. :)

Tiber

If anyone does want to say goodbye, I see his shop is offering free delivery when you spend £100 on his socks. Bargain

IRELANDUNITED

No right to cry about a send off when you've been leaking left right and centre

Good riddance
Yeah, if he spent less time coming up with new dances and more time on becoming a player that could win titles for United he’d have got a good send off.

klayton88

Ironically that's been the problem of late, players seem to think the club owes them something. They've made solid livings doing what they love. Don't go being a little snake to Scholes and you might have got your little clap.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Cry me a river. Or better yet dance off.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Matic and Mata are both highly professional players. Jones likely as well. Lingard has been posting about joining another club, and may well be (one of) the leak(s).

The club owes him nothing and he's been massively financially compensated during his stay at OT, more than he could have hoped to earn elsewhere hitherto.

LDUred

Well, in all honesty, he's always flattered to deceive and only really had one season where he's managed anything approaching consitency.

Probably should have been sold to West Ham, where he arguably found his level and actually won some admirers.

He ought to have been given a chance to say goodbye, though.