Jesse Lingard 'to leave on a free'

buckooo1978

Highlights of Lingard's final season was spent sharing pics of West Ham and not being ready to play in a cup game we lost a few days after a loan move broke down and a holiday to Dubai

All the best Jesse - goodbye and good riddance

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
A 34 year old came on in the game before last and showed how you put effort in. He earned his send off, as has Jones and some degree Cavani (although not particularly happy about his last months). Everytime he's come on he's half arsed it, he's running his contract down to leave on a free and been talking shit about the club that has subsequently become public (not his fault, but that's his fault for telling a div like Scholes).

I couldn't care less about him leaving, he's done nothing to warrant a send off in the last 2 seasons.

RedDevil@84

Probably should have been sold to West Ham, where he arguably found his level and actually won some admirers.
I still don't believe the Moyes excuse for not buying Lingard in summer. Either West Ham didn't really want him much and/or Lingard found form and didn't really want to leave in summer.

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
Lingard’s brother is playing games here.

He has spent the last 6 months trying to get Jesse a move to the top clubs across Europe, including our most bitter rivals, but nobody has bitten yet.

The club is absolutely right not to play him and I hope he ends up in Italy or somewhere.

crossy1686

career ending
Jesse and his brother have acted like cnuts for the best part of two years, not surprised by the outburst and I’m glad he didn’t get a send off. That’s reserved for the players who’ve actually tried

crossy1686

career ending
A 34 year old came on in the game before last and showed how you put effort in. He earned his send off, as has Jones and some degree Cavani (although not particularly happy about his last months). Everytime he's come on he's half arsed it, he's running his contract down to leave on a free and been talking shit about the club that has subsequently become public (not his fault, but that's his fault for telling a div like Scholes).

I couldn't care less about him leaving, he's done nothing to warrant a send off in the last 2 seasons.
He saw Pogba doing it and thought “I’ll do that and get a bumper contract as well, Woodward doesn’t know what he’s doing”, and then everything changed when Ralf came in. What a fecking pleb

AndySmith1990

Good riddance to him. It's a sad reflection on the club that we are still discussing such a mediocre and dim-witted United player years after they should've been moved on.

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
"Blood, sweat and tears" my arse. The entitlement is just astounding.

Yes. We all know the higher ups are a bunch of incompetent clowns, but feeling like the club has wronged him after hes been stealing a living here for years is a bit rich

Him and Pogba (among others) are players who are much more concerned about themselves and their brands than the club. Get them the feck out and we might just begin to recover

Herman Toothrot

Crying via your brother for not getting a goodbye cameo after openly slagging off the manager in the press two weeks ago, get in the bin Jessie.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
He saw Pogba doing it and thought “I’ll do that and get a bumper contract as well, Woodward doesn’t know what he’s doing”, and then everything changed when Ralf came in. What a fecking pleb
Did he move to Raiola as well, or am I misremembering? Either way, he's made terrible decisions and it's not worked out. That's how it goes.

Zoo

Jesse and his bro can probably blame their mate Scholes for not getting the grand send off.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
He epitomises everything wrong with us over the last few years. A bang average player who has played far too often for his actual level and should have been sold years ago.

Mike Smalling

Zero sympathy for this clown. Didn't deserve a send-off and does not deserve another chance.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Jesse's camp has no cause for sour grapes.

I still appreciate what Lingard has done for this club, especially in cup finals, but you can't have it both ways.

This season Jesse appears to have been a regular source for the media. Clearly Rangnick (and others) haven't taken that well and was never going to reward him. Actions have consequences: You want to post photos of yourself in a West Ham shirt, you want to let the media know you're peeved about not going to Newcastle, you want to tell Scholes the dressing room is a 'disaster.' All of that is fine. You're a free man, you can do what you want. However, you can't expect the manager or the club to like it. Expecting Rangnick to turn around and then give him a chance for a send off, after being undermined by him for months, was a bit mad. Shows how much of a bubble he lives in.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Posts pictures of himself in a Westham kit during season and wonders why he's being left out......

Good riddance to the two dancing and dabbing prats in Jesse and Paul. You won't be missed.

crossy1686

career ending
Did he move to Raiola as well, or am I misremembering? Either way, he's made terrible decisions and it's not worked out. That's how it goes.
Yeah he changed to Raiola to try and get a move to a big team abroad or a bigger contract and then dropped him after 6 months when it turns out no one was interested

captaincantona

Not sure the whole “appreciate his goals in cup finals” argument stacks up either. He has been made a very rich man by this club for playing very little football. It’s his job. Having literally a handful of good moments in 10 years or whatever is not a good return and he really should have been let go about 3 years ago.

crossy1686

career ending
Not sure the whole “appreciate his goals in cup finals” argument stacks up either. He has been made a very rich man by this club for playing very little football. It’s his job. Having literally a handful of good moments in 10 years or whatever is not a good return and he really should have been let go about 3 years ago.
Let's face it, he's stolen a living for a while now and been massively disrespectful to the club and the fans during his time here. Maybe he should take himself down to the West Ham ground if he wants a send off?

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Thanks for the FA Cup performances Lingard!

Enjoy a career somewhere else

Herman Toothrot

He did, then we signed Ronaldo and his delusions of grandeur cost him a season on the pitch, his lack of professionalism cost him a goodbye but things will work for him at Fulham.

el3mel

I see no reason why we didn't give him a 5 minutes cameo. At the end of the day he did help in 2 of the 3 trophies we won post Fergie even if his attitude sucked recently. Not that I care about the whole thing, but giving him a final sub appearance wouldn't have hurt anyone especially when he is already on the bench.

romufc

I see no reason why we didn't give him a 5 minutes cameo. At the end of the day he did help in 2 of the 3 trophies we won post Fergie even if his attitude sucked recently. Not that I care about the whole thing, but giving him a final sub appearance wouldn't have hurt anyone especially when he is already on the bench.
Because you are only allowed 3 subs.

Djemba-Djemba

He's been dogshit for years, he's come on in games all season and jogged around and shown no effort and he's clearly one of the people leaking stories to the media.

He deserved feck all send off.

Mickson

A disgrace that he put on Cavani before him. Speaking of stealing a living.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
He needs to thank god that the old school disciplinarian like Capello aren't around anymore. Else beans would be training with the u12s at this point

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
It’s not like he would have got a good reception. The fans like Cavani but Lingard’s done nothing to endear himself to them for years. The opposite, if anything. I don’t think his send off would have been anything like as positive as his brother would like to think.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I think the one's that have been professional and have tried to do what the manager has asked of them but physically can't do it anymore got their send off's. The toxic cnuts who've been talking to the press and causing issues haven't and won't.
Let's be honest... You know feck all. Right?

flappyjay

Don't let the door hit you on the way out. This lot has really hardened my heart.