Jesse Lingard

Status
Not open for further replies.

IrishRedDevil

Him and Jones just need to go away and play football somewhere. Time to be ruthless and push them out the door, the same way Real Madrid do. We aren’t a crèche.

Robertd0803

Maybe. But if he would indeed improve 75% of the teams in the league as you say, then surely teams from 6th-20th would be scrambling to try to sign him this summer if he's available?
The majority though have very little to spend and probably are willing to take the risk on waiting to sign him on a free next year. Especially if we arent going to sell him for 15/20 million and are looking for more.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Every time I open this thread expecting to see some news on a move, it’s always someone just saying how he really needs to move. Except this time that person plays for West Ham.

AFC NimbleThumb

When Ole says a player linked with leaving is going to play a big part - it’s a bit like when someone in a horror film says we’re going to make it! He really is an assassin :lol:
Ala Sanchez coming back like a new signing.

Red_toad

Him and Jones just need to go away and play football somewhere. Time to be ruthless and push them out the door, the same way Real Madrid do. We aren’t a crèche.
And yet they still have Bale who earns vastly more than Jones and Jesse combined!

stevoc

The majority though have very little to spend and probably are willing to take the risk on waiting to sign him on a free next year. Especially if we arent going to sell him for 15/20 million and are looking for more.
It might be that or it might be the fact he's on £100k a week or that he isn't actually good enough to improve most PL teams or that he's a wildly inconsistent player.

It could be a combination of any or all of those things.

Judas

Open to offers
Ole like a bloke in a market shouting about how juicy juicy his strawberries are. We've seen it all before. Hopefully West Ham finally make a move for him, because Jesse isn't getting a look in here league wise without an injury crisis.

Bestietom

Lingard, DvB, Periera, Mata, Jones, Baily, Dalot, Williams, are not going to get much playing time (if any in some cases) this season, so they should be moved on, unless they are creaming the wages they receive here.
We should sell and bring in a top defensive midfielder/playmaker and RB.
Some of the youngsters would be better off in the squad than these 8.
Amad, Hannibal, Elanga, and Shoretire should be getting game time before these.

Lingard, DvB, Periera, Mata, Jones, Baily, Dalot, Williams, are not going to get much playing time (if any in some cases) this season, so they should be moved on, unless they are creaming the wages they receive here.
We should sell and bring in a top defensive midfielder/playmaker and RB.
Some of the youngsters would be better off in the squad than these 8.
Amad, Hannibal, Elanga, and Shoretire should be getting game time before these.
Lingard, Dalot and Pereira I'm sure are being touted to clubs. All are decent players just not good enough for the very top. I can't think that Lingard after last year wants to come back here and sit at home every Saturday.

The rest all have a place here, even if for Jones it's just to keep the tea lady company.

crossy1686

career ending
Thought it was interesting that Neville, Keane, and Carragher were talking about Lingard the other day. Neville doesn’t usually single out United players about transfers but he was openly saying Lingard is probably going to leave and he should go for himself. I don’t think he would have said that if he didn’t know something.

kerryman

Jones wouldn't even give up the number 4 shirt for Varane despite not playing in almost 2 years....seems like he's happy to stay and take a wage

Bestietom

Jones wouldn't even give up the number 4 shirt for Varane despite not playing in almost 2 years....seems like he's happy to stay and take a wage
True, It's ridiculous how he got a new contract for so long. There are others here who are also creaming this club. They won't move because they would have to take a pay cut.

Noc-Z

ffs
I think Lingard is staying, Ole was asked at the weekend about the goal-scoring options in the squad and he said not to forget Lingard. I can't believe a player like Jones isn't looking for a move. I think with his recent record of injuries and barely any performances his confidence is probably gone and he doesn't fancy the challenge of going to prove himself still capable somewhere else.

Joseunited

Thought it was interesting that Neville, Keane, and Carragher were talking about Lingard the other day. Neville doesn’t usually single out United players about transfers but he was openly saying Lingard is probably going to leave and he should go for himself. I don’t think he would have said that if he didn’t know something.
Neville has said he doesn't have the inside contacts that he used to at United, he's just putting 2 and 2 together and getting 5.

Lights Out

After the spell he had at West Ham, they will definitely want him and they will pay £20-25m for him.
They paid £25m paid for Fornals and £20m for Benrahma so it’s not unreasonable.

Status
Not open for further replies.