Jesse Lingard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
We were right to play hardball initially but I think we should take this if it is true. Proper compromise, we have established we won't be pushed around in the post Woodward market and Newcastle can say they haggled us down from our initial ask.
I think we can extract a few more million, if we stay patient for another hour.

HailtotheKing

Really want Lingard gone but is it worth it? Either we strengthen a 4th place rival or we help keep Newcastle up and let him turn into City a year earlier (Although I do think with their new signings, they'll beat relegation, regardless. So that would be 7m. 7m that we could've got Zakaria for or almost Kamara.

dove

Really want Lingard gone but is it worth it? Either we strengthen a 4th place rival or we help keep Newcastle up and let him turn into City a year earlier (Although I do think with their new signings, they'll beat relegation, regardless. So that would be 7m. 7m that we could've got Zakaria for or almost Kamara.
If those £7m (potentially) go to summer's transfer window, then yes, it is worth. We can't expect to get any more for someone like Lingard whose contract is up in 5 months.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Yes.

Why keep someone whose camp has shown they're willing to go to the media when unhappy. We're trying to salvage our season. We need, as far as we can, a united squad.

If Jesse isn't going to be part of that, and all suggestions are he isn't, then we should just let him go.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
That's 7 million. Make it 10 and we have a deal. As much as I hate to help Newcastle, that's a Good deal.

Tallis

It’s the right move to make him stay as cover. That means more than £3m at this point. He is gone end of the season in any case.

Ixion

Good, hope it teaches other feckers like him not to piss the club around. His conduct has been appalling. Hope he doesn't make the squad for the remainder and we give Mejbri his minutes.
So you want him to stay and not play?

L1nk

Right move or not, they are basically overruling Rangnick who said Jesse could go, it's pretty clear Rangnick has 0 authority at this club now, nor will he have in the future.

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
Think we need him. We don't have time to get a Greenwood replacement, so he's gonna have to be it.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Christ we can't even let the man leave on loan for a fee despite never actually using him :lol:
This whole situation has been a bit of a joke. Feel for him.

Ixion

He’s unhappy because of game time - he’s just considerably jumped up the pecking order. It doesn’t take a genius to figure out circumstances have changed.
...and yet he still wants to leave.

binary bot
People painting these loan situations as a hard stance against Lingard and/or the Newcastle owners. They've been happening regularly for ages now! It's just more mismanagement. Although i do appreciate the Greenwood situation may have changed things.

mu4c_20le

Right move or not, they are basically overruling Rangnick who said Jesse could go, it's pretty clear Rangnick has 0 authority at this club now, nor will he have in the future.
To be fair that was before the mason stuff, and amad loan. Let's not act as if they aren't constantly in communication.

Gandalf

Christ we can't even let the man leave on loan for a fee despite never actually using him :lol:
This whole situation has been a bit of a joke. Feel for him.
Can't say I feel for him when he easily could have left and finds himself in this situation due to his own greed. We were willing to do a deal for a permanent transfer with Newcastle weeks ago and he vetoed it so now he finds himself stuck.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
He's our only recognised back up in the wide forward roles. So i can understand why they'd want him around for the remainder of the season or we'd be down to calling up Alejandro Garnacho.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
He's our only recognised back up in the wide forward roles. So i can understand why they'd want him around for the remainder of the season or we'd be down to calling up Alejandro Garnacho.
Rangnick said he could leave. Board vetoed.
Love the cohesion at the club....

Lewnited

Keeping around a want-away player player that the manager doesn't even want. Nice.

marktan

It's a good decision. We have no need for £3m, I'd much rather Newcastle go down. The mistake was not offloading Jesse last season to West Ham for about £15m and instead holding out for £20m+.

Given that we've now lost Martial, Greenwood and Donny, I'd bet Lingard gets more game time. An injury to either of Rashford or Sancho and he'll be getting a lot of minutes.

Ranchero

Doesnt make sense to lose Lingard when Greenwood wont be returning to first team action any time soon. If at all.

Also if Rangnick wants to play with two 8s in front of a 6, i would have Fernandes and Lingard as 8s before i would have Fred and Fernandes. We need Jesse as an option.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
So maybe its not about the pecking order or minutes like you just said?
Well it was wasn’t it? He stayed in the summer because he was promised game time that never came. Hence why he’s unhappy. It is currently not in our interests to let him leave due to events beyond the club’s control - he’s on 100k a week and he can do his job as an employee. It’s all pretty simple really. Let him go and rashford/Sancho get injured people such as yourself will no doubt be the first to moan.

Status
Not open for further replies.