Jesse Lingard

Status
Not open for further replies.

bringbackbebe

Feel sorry for Forest here, they’ll be using his name on social media to increase their profile I would bet, hence the reason they’re willing to sign him on that money.
People actually follow/get influenced-by him in social media?

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
Forest are utter idiots. He's not an 180k player, nor is he someone who will galvanise the team in a relegation dogfight.
Not sure about that, once upon a time he was very hard working and a proper team player, capable of the occasional big goal. Forrest (or anyone really) will hope to sign that version of him, not the silly/sad edition right now

Kaos

Not sure about that, once upon a time he was very hard working and a proper team player, capable of the occasional big goal. Forrest (or anyone really) will hope to sign that version of him, not the silly/sad edition right now
See I'm not convinced he has that in him anymore. The guy nowadays is a glorified Tik Tok personality that occasionally plays football.

m1tch

He’s got upward of 25m views on Tik Tok with his stupid dancing and that’s the kind of PR a team like Forest could do with to increase their profile. I don’t think they’re looking at it any deeper than the numbers though.
Who are these 25 million people watching Lingard videos? I don't know any children, is he popular amongst under 14's, or is it overseas?
I honestly wouldn't expect people outside of football fans in England to particularly know who he is.
Is it possible to set up macros to generate the 25m views, or buy views?

Lynty

Who are these 25 million people watching Lingard videos? I don't know any children, is he popular amongst under 14's, or is it overseas?
I honestly wouldn't expect people outside of football fans in England to particularly know who he is.
Is it possible to set up macros to generate the 25m views, or buy views?
I gave up social media about 5 years ago (other than a few online forums) but doesn't TikTok just sort of encourage infinite scrolling to mindlessly eat your time? So people aren't actively searching for Lingard on Tiktok, but if one his videos appears on their scrolling feed they'd just watch the clip and carry on, but the algorythm would put future Lingard videos on your scroll feed becaue you watched 'x-amount' of seconds of that one before scrolling etc. It's basically insidious influence and users are have been tricked into spending hours per day willfully watching advertisements.

Instagram has gone the same way. Facebook is just a hivemind of rightwing ideology eaten up by the under educated. Linkedin is the same for the leftwing who think their educated. Twiter is a room full of people shouting at the same time. Burn the lot of it I say.

Edit: But OT , Forest would be a great move for young Lingard to develop :lol:

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
I actually wanted forest to do well in the league, if they sign that weasel then they should get relegated with lingards own goal.

Forest Red

Supports
Nottingham Forest
Is this bloke really such a bell end? On one hand we desperately need a good number 10 but those wages! Henderson’s £100k would have paid our entire match day squad last season.

The only positive for us is that every signing Steve Cooper has made has been good so far and he values team spirit and togetherness above everything - as such the club does it’s due diligence on players before signing.

Really didn’t expect this!

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Is this bloke really such a bell end? On one hand we desperately need a good number 10 but those wages! Henderson’s £100k would have paid our entire match day squad last season.

The only positive for us is that every signing Steve Cooper has made has been good so far and he values team spirit and togetherness above everything - as such the club does it’s due diligence on players before signing.

He's acted like a bit of a dick the past year with United but he was clearly unhappy at the club because he wasn't playing and he wasn't transferred. He is a good player though.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
Turns out he was just posting a picture of a takeaway and it wasn't some subtle west ham hint then :lol:

Eugenius

He's good player no doubt, but 100 percent had his eyes set on getting a big contract on a free for the last 18 months. He could have easily gone to WH last year, been in the running for the world Cup squad etc.

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
Is this bloke really such a bell end?
He doesn’t come across very well as a person to older generation fans, not sure about younger. Just seems a very immature guy. Also heavily suspected on here of being a dressing-room leak last season. On the pitch he’s not top quality or anything but he’d be very useful for you assuming he knuckles down and prioritizes his football over his social media and celebration routines.

diarm

If they give him that, they'll go from being a side I'm delighted to see back up and will be rooting for, to a side I'll be happy to see go straight back down. Just through the sheer stupidity of it.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
See I'm not convinced he has that in him anymore. The guy nowadays is a glorified Tik Tok personality that occasionally plays football.
These guys can clearly turn it on and off. Look at Martial and Rashford this preseason. Martial was a totally busted flush with Rashford on the same path. Like two new players, or Lingard at West Ham. Technical ability and big game experience isn’t their problem. It’s motivation, being spoiled and probably more than a bit mercenary. These guys have had everything handed to them and repeatedly wilt in the face of adversity. I wouldn’t be surprised to see Lingard have another good season once he feels the “love” (enough cash to be arsed)

Ted Lasso

This is the wrong place to get a balanced opinion. Too much baggage.

I'll try my best - he'd be a terrific signing and would keep you in the premier league. There are a handful of players of his quality outside the top 8/10. What everyone saw at West Ham is what you'd expect.

Staying at United inflated the ego as did some of the teammates. I think he's forced to try harder and be better outside of the United comfort zone.

But he is a very good player and you can and should get excited if he signs for Forrest. Personally hate his brand and personality but would still want to see him do well outside the club.

Forest Red

Supports
Nottingham Forest
This is the wrong place to get a balanced opinion. Too much baggage.

I'll try my best - he'd be a terrific signing and would keep you in the premier league. There are a handful of players of his quality outside the top 8/10. What everyone saw at West Ham is what you'd expect.

Staying at United inflated the ego as did some of the teammates. I think he's forced to try harder and be better outside of the United comfort zone.

But he is a very good player and you can and should get excited if he signs for Forrest. Personally hate his brand and personality but would still want to see him do well outside the club.
Cheers - as an outsider I don’t know much about him other then he’s had issues at United but not why. It’s difficult to see beyond 9 goals from 16 for West ham and hopefully Cooper’s man management skills can keep him motivated. Maybe being the biggest fish in a small pond appeals to him.

lex talionis

Lingard is not worth 180k/week. Even if one believes he's the next Coutinho Jesse's best years are behind him. And all he has to show for the last four years is that one three-month run of fine form with West Ham. Before that, one three-month run of fine form for United. Not much else.

T_Model101

I assume it will be £180k made up of salary and signing on fee
I mean wasn't Ashley Young on like £120k from us under similar circumstances years ago?

FatTails

People losing it on here. If Lingard was under contract, he’d cost at least 15-20m to buy. That works out to about 75k-100k per week over a four year contract. Add to that 60-80k in actual wages and you’re at a similar total package to what you are seeing cited here.

Players moving on a free will make more money, be it through higher wages or wages + signing on fee.

Mind you, I don’t think I’d want him anywhere near a squad if I’m managing a team, but the economics of this don’t shock me.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
If watching Jesse’s TikTok dance videos isn’t enough for his admirers, they can always buy his crap merchandise at https://jlingz.com/.
What's crap about his merch ??? I can't wait to receive my Jungle Black Panther Jesse Lingard Backpack and my Xbox Gift Cards ! Thank you JL.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine

Jesse Lingard is known to actually be a very down to earth and humble guy,

it's just his online antics rub certain people up the wrong way, especially to the grumpy toads that dwell in here.

Undoubtedly an excellent player who is a true professional, will have kept himself in shape despite not having a club this pre season.

No doubt this will be a brilliant signing for Forest, and a massive statement.

caid

Hes worth 100k at his best. His best was a player who ran around a lot in a team of lazy players and he's 30 in december. You might get a good year from him but think his value will drop off a cliff in his 30's because hes not very good at anything. He'll have the odd thunderbolt from 30 yards in a clutch moment but they come once in a blue moon, he has an ok shot mostly. Most of his goals will come from right place, right time tap ins that come from him running around a lot in a static team.
Not creative or imaginative player really. You'll have the odd one two, pass and move around the box but hes not going to pick a pass like mata or anyone of that ilk. I mean hes been playing with mata, rooney and pogba most of his career so he'd hand off responsibility to them, maybe he has more about him and will show it elsewhere.
Defensively he worked hard and put in the running, which made him stand out next to a pogba or a lukaku. But im not sure he was particularly good at it. He gave up on us like 3+ years ago and hasn't been much better than players like that in a while for us. Hard to judge where he'll be next season.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
Lingard is not worth 180k/week.
That's what Bruno is on for United, I think (yeah, it varies by source, but roughly).

Anyway, that's serious money for most clubs - it certainly isn't something I would offer Jessie Lingard...because, yeah, why the feck would I do that?

lex talionis

What's crap about his merch ??? I can't wait to receive my Jungle Black Panther Jesse Lingard Backpack and my Xbox Gift Cards ! Thank you JL.

That's exactly the useless, cringey garbage I was looking at too and thinking about posting it, but was afraid that posting merch might violate RedCafe policies.

fallengt

180k/w is fair but
Make Jlingz pay £1 every time he gives the ball away. By the end of season, they'll be rich.

Tony247

Hang on. Lingard is no #10. He thinks he is, he wants you to believe he is, but he is not.

Status
Not open for further replies.