Jim Beglin

Ramshock

CAF Pilib De Brún Translator
Swimming against a tide of idiots and spoofers
I know ITV has no credibility whatsoever but jesus christ can we have a co commentator of a Manchester United v Liverpool game who isnt an ex player of either team and isnt obviously biased? I had to stop myself from twatting the tv every time he opened his gob. Im startled by the amount of ex dippers and gooners who are pundits and commentators on tv its unbearable. :mad:

Lance Uppercut

The little groan that slithered out of him when the red card was pulled out was absolutely hilarious.

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
A yellow would've been enough for Gerrard :lol:

2 feet off the ground and from the side, yellow, yes of course.

Bearded but no genius

We had Stewart Robson, who declared Anderson "the worst substitution ever" and ranked himself silly over all three of KDs subs.

Leg-End

I was glad it was over by the end so I didn't have to listen to him anymore.

Bearded but no genius

The American post game crew were full of "you always get those decisions at OT/Webb is the real story" nonsense, too.

Chorley1974

Lady Ole
It was good to see Beglin trying to take crumbs of comfort for Liverpool's display.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
I'm glad I'm not the only 1 that noticed. You could hear the desperation in his voice willing them to go and score.

Denis' cuff

OP spot on - here in Oz we had David Fairclough. No matter where you are, the media is full of feckin dippers and bummers. All through the game they just talked about Liverpool. I had to pinch meself to remember United were actuallly playing too.

SharkyMcShark

Horrified
Using location as a tagline: because I'm just not
Probably. I just hate it when he is commenting on a match liek he did today or on soccernet press pass when United is involved. Talks so much bollocks.
Every single soccernet presspass:

*after we have a 2-1 or a 2-0 win and Arsenal draw away at like Wigan or something*

"Oh this isn't a great Manchester United side, it's probably their worst in 20 years. This Arsenal side on the other hand is fantastic. They've got Nasri, Fabregas, Van Persie"

Smyth or Hislop: "Yes but Stuart they're top with two games in hand"

"Oh they won't stay there. This Arsenal side is far too good not to win the title"

I bet he's been saying that for like 10 years now.

UBERScholes

I'd find it flattering if someone hard rubbed agai
Yeah, S. Robson is horrible. A pox on that cnut.

untitled_6899

He stated clearly that he thought Gerrard's sending off was harsh and should have been a yellow.

He then changed his opinion when he saw Dalglish apparent acceptance of the decision (when viewing the replay on a nearby monitor). Pathetic.

SharkyMcShark

Horrified
Using location as a tagline: because I'm just not
OP spot on - here in Oz we had David Fairclough. No matter where you are, the media is full of feckin dippers and bummers. All through the game they just talked about Liverpool. I had to pinch meself to remember United were actuallly playing too.
I noticed they got bored on Setanta after about 80 minutes and decided the game was over and to spend about 15 minutes talking about Dog Leash and his plans for Liverpool.

Denis' cuff

I noticed they got bored on Setanta after about 80 minutes and decided the game was over and to spend about 15 minutes talking about Dog Leash and his plans for Liverpool.
well they had to finish off their pre-match conversation where they spent the whole 30 mins discussing the same

Devil may care

Horrible commentator at the best of times, utterly dire today. Makes me appreciate the class Smith showed when commentating on our game with Arsenal just before Christmas.

The_Red_Hope

fecking Stewart Robson today was such an unbelievable cnut. Didn't say one positive thing about us, kept wanking over the glory days of Liverpool - it was intolerable. WORSTcommentary I HAVE EVER been subjected to.

RedRover

There seems to be a constant pro-Liverpool spin on ITV. They made a meal of the whole Kenny Dalglish return as well.

Beglin is terrible but his pal wasn't much better. Suggested that United weren't "dominant" about 15 mins into the second half, even though the ball had only been in United's half once.

I particularly hate the pro Gerrard rubbish. Definate red regardless of who his is, Gerrards reputation wouldn't have stopped Carrick's leg from being sheared in half. If that had been Cattermole or De Jong they wouldn't have said anything more about it.

Fazer

Yup, Robson was horrible, I turned off the volume in the 2nd half and enjoyed the game much much more.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
Beglin kept lying about things at the exact same time a slow motion replay was on the screen proving him wrong. He did this about five times, the best one being when Gerrard nearly broke Hernandes's leg off (albeit whist playing the ball fairly in the process) and Beglin for no apparent reason declared there was "no contact" and insinuated it was a dive. At the exact same time a replay was shown of Gerrard and Hernandes's feet crashing into each other and both rippling away due to the impact.

I don't get the point in this? He does it with every single England game too. All he does is make himself sound like an utterly thick twat

fadas

Is there any chance people can stop calling him Dog Leash? It's as pathetic as reading "bacon face" all the time on RAWK.

Thanks in advance.

GlasgowCeltic

Anyone notice ITV chose to tell us Liverpool's starting eleven before the home side Man Utd's because they wanted us to see Dalgleish's first teamsheet, found that bizarre