João Palhinha

Status
Not open for further replies.

NYAS

We let Pavard and Gravenberch leave but failed to replace either player.
Looks pretty unprofessional to me.
I’m sure Tommy Tuchel will be nice and understanding about this. Should be a fun season. :drool:

B. Munich

Supports
Bayern Munich
See you in the CL. Hopefully during a congested fixture period ;)
Ha ha... Not worried about the group stages. It's the play offs I'm not worried.

2 players, Pavard and Gravenberch, left without replacements.

On the other hand I don't understand Fulham. Palhinha was desperate to join Bayern, he already was in Munich and even got pictures taken in a Bayern shirt.
Will be interesting to see how he will react to this disappointment.

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
I'm going to bet on a Palhinha red card next game :smirk:

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Not sure if it is all on Fulham. He travelled in preparation for a transfer if a deal could be struck, it was always contingent on both sides reaching a compromise over the fee and if they could not do that I would say it is as much on Bayern as it is on Fulham.
If the clubs didn't had reached an agreement, Palhinha would not be sent to Germany to make medical exams. The fee was reached: Fulham would get the 80M they wanted with add-ons, and getting 65M on immediate. When a player travel to make medical exams it's the final part of the deal. Usually the transfer is cancelled after medical exams by the buyer club because the player fails to meet the physical requirements. And he already made the photoshoot for Bayern website, ffs :D

They just failed to get a replacement player and pulled the plug, and I understand why they did it. But IMO they should had only authorized Palhinha to go there after they had everything set.

OverratedOpinion

They just failed to get a replacement player and pulled the plug, and I understand why they did it. But IMO they should had only authorized Palhinha to go there after they had everything set.
So ridiculous, I wonder how much Palhina's running numbers are about to drop.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
You'd have to imagine Palhinha is professional enough to not let this affect his game - but that's got to really sting.

Sounds like they wanted McT but McT didn't want to go to Fulham?

Matriac

4D chess by us, refused to sell McTominay to Fulham, so Bayern are easier to face in the Champions League group stages.

MUFC OK

Ha ha... Not worried about the group stages. It's the play offs I'm not worried.

2 players, Pavard and Gravenberch, left without replacements.

On the other hand I don't understand Fulham. Palhinha was desperate to join Bayern, he already was in Munich and even got pictures taken in a Bayern shirt.
Will be interesting to see how he will react to this disappointment.
I think Hojberg rejected them and we wouldn’t sell McT to them.

I guess it’s the risk you run when the bud only arrived yesterday/today.

You will get him in the Jan window so he’ll be there for the KO stages.

IrishRedDevil

So they failed to sign him?
German efficiency.
Suppose they ran out of time after chasing Kane for 2 months.

BayernFan87

Supports
Bayern Munich
He is not in Fulhams squad today as far as i can see, right?

plex

Palhinha‘s brother just posted this:

Bayern’s president Hainer also just said in an interview „you always meet twice in life“. The same was mentioned by CEO Dreesen before the Bundesliga match against Gladbach. I guess Bayern will try again in the winter to sign him.

Superunknown

4D chess by us, refused to sell McTominay to Fulham, so Bayern are easier to face in the Champions League group stages.
I quite like this theory. :lol:

I feel a little bit bad for the player because it must be do demoralising. But, it's Bayern Munich, and they have things easy enough as it is. So...feck 'em. I'm sure they can raid Dortmund or Leverkusen for a replacement in January.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa

Terry Graham

Supports
the Cottagers
His ferocity would’be really been a fit for United and how to build a squad that sacrifices everything, everytime.

He just brings that aura to the team (Fulham) whenever he’s on the pitch.

Status
Not open for further replies.