Joao Felix / on loan to Chelsea

Status
Not open for further replies.

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
Stevenage
No chance they get anywhere near that money, he hasn't worked out there and they have publicly said he doesn't get on with the manager and they are looking to move him on which all weakens your hand, I think £70m is the price he will end up going for

Scottynaldinho

Why do we go for a player who has fallen out with the manager while still incredibly young?

Haven't we moved away from these sorts of players with our new transfer policy?

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
Why do we go for a player who has fallen out with the manager while still incredibly young?

It's a valid point but quite easy to consider that Simeone can't be the easiest to work with too.

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
We need a striker not another one of these players

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Good luck getting that amount of money after publicly stating that he is for sale.

Scottynaldinho

It's a valid point but quite easy to consider that Simeone can't be the easiest to work with too.
Simeone hasn't fallen out with a lot of players as far as I can remember.

I'm assuming this fallout happened because Simeone asked Joao to earn his place which is exactly what he'll have to do under ETG with Martial and Rashford competing for that spot. ETG seems to be as demanding as Simeone.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag

Since when did we sign young players who have fallen out with the manager?

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid

I'm assuming this fallout happened because Simeone asked Joao to earn his place which is exactly what he'll have to do under ETG with Martial and Rashford competing for that spot. ETG seems to be as demanding as Simeone.
They've fallen out because Atletico sit back and look to play counter attacking football. That isn't a style he enjoys playing.

He wants to be more involved in the game and I can't say I blame him. Everybody said from the start moving to Atletico would be a big mistake.

PizzaPlanet

He looks so fickle doesn't he, emaciated. A strong gust of wind and he might end up in the stands.

NoPace

I really could see Villa offering 15M more than anyone else for him or Gapko. Emery played a 4-4-2 at Villareal a lot and Ramsey out wide, a new hard-working midfielder on the other side and a star who is best with a partner up top like Gapko or Felix next to I guess Watkins, with Kamara and Luiz holding seems like what he'd want. He can't sign 8 new players, but Villa have money, so something like this seems plausible:

--------Felix-Watkins
LM-Luiz-Kamara-Ramsey
Digne-LCB-Carlos-Cash
-----------Martinez------------

is a decent looking XI for next season if Carlos comes back and they can sign a speedy worker on the wing and a quality CB like Pau Torres.

Black Alabaster

He won't have the same issue here in a constant attack system that he does with the spanish Mourinho. Felix is finally fed up with the football Simeone plays and is mentally checking out so his performance is suffering and therefore gets dropped.

His comments after that last performance against the Swiss game allude to this

I thought that figure that Calciomercato Journalist was just guess work but Fabrizio Romano has said this yesterday -

“Joao Felix has chances to leave Atletico in 2023, for sure. Asking price will be more than €100m, around €120m – then will depend on the proposals.”

“Now it’s early to say where, his agent is exploring the market and speaking to many clubs – he dreams of Premier League one day. I think he’d be perfect in any club in the world, but he desperately needs to play – he has to be a starter.” Also says he is looking for a top club so ignore Villa link, player like this categorically not going to a mid table club he is not that desperate and lacking of suitors.

He suggests Villa are serious about wanting him and might have a shot, but I genuinely think it's just Mendes special like someone above mentioned, dangling the carrot infront of them as they recieved £100m Grealish fee, got a washed up Coutinho because of Gerrard being there at the time and have quite wealthy owners. Don't think anyone will bite above triple digits. £80m is realistically closer to where this transfer will fall at, his coach the player and the sporting director have commented on it so he is out of the door they are just saving face trying to start the bidding high throw some names out to stir the pot and hold out for as long as possible.

Interestingly they are also trying to sell Matheus Cunha to Wolves, so not sure what they are doing with their attacking depth but maybe trying to strengthen their Felix hand.

Scottynaldinho

That's exactly my point.

He's shitting on the club after performing well for the country. Doesn't seem to be the one with the right attitude.

Also pretty damning from Someone to say that he's not developing. Just too many red flags that he's not the right signing. He isn't even a CF so there's that.

Dans

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Felix was sensational against Switzerland - I agree with the poster who said if we buy him it's as a midfielder. I think it was the BBC analysis of him in that game when I think it was Nigel De Jong who said he reminded him of Kaka. I think he would flourish in a system that isn't Simeone's. I'd have him at United. Swap for DvB innit.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Isn't this similar to "Glazers want at least 5bn, or 6bn, might even demand 10bn"

No one is going to pay anything close to what they paid to Benfica. And I doubt any significant price will be lump sum, but rather incentive based.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
He won't have the same issue here in a constant attack system that he does with the spanish Mourinho. Felix is finally fed up with the football Simeone plays and is mentally checking out so his performance is suffering and therefore gets dropped.

His comments after that last performance against the Swiss game allude to this

I thought that figure that Calciomercato Journalist was just guess work but Fabrizio Romano has said this yesterday -

“Joao Felix has chances to leave Atletico in 2023, for sure. Asking price will be more than €100m, around €120m – then will depend on the proposals.”

“Now it’s early to say where, his agent is exploring the market and speaking to many clubs – he dreams of Premier League one day. I think he’d be perfect in any club in the world, but he desperately needs to play – he has to be a starter.” Also says he is looking for a top club so ignore Villa link, player like this categorically not going to a mid table club he is not that desperate and lacking of suitors.

He suggests Villa are serious about wanting him and might have a shot, but I genuinely think it's just Mendes special like someone above mentioned, dangling the carrot infront of them as they recieved £100m Grealish fee, got a washed up Coutinho because of Gerrard being there at the time and have quite wealthy owners. Don't think anyone will bite above triple digits. £80m is realistically closer to where this transfer will fall at, his coach the player and the sporting director have commented on it so he is out of the door they are just saving face trying to start the bidding high throw some names out to stir the pot and hold out for as long as possible.

Interestingly they are also trying to sell Matheus Cunha to Wolves, so not sure what they are doing with their attacking depth but maybe trying to strengthen their Felix hand.
Funny how when our players do something similar they’re called spoilt brats but it’s ok when it’s a potential signing :lol:

Bad attitude is bad attitude. It’s a major red flag and the type of player we should avoid.

matsdf

I'm always for signing players that would instantly be our best player (bar Casemiro perhaps).

Black Alabaster

That's exactly my point.

He's shitting on the club after performing well for the country. Doesn't seem to be the one with the right attitude.

Also pretty damning from Someone to say that he's not developing. Just too many red flags that he's not the right signing. He isn't even a CF so there's that.
He's been there 4 seasons and has developed plenty, everyone thought at the time Atleti was a puzzling club to sign for as he was such a free spirit type player getting about 15 G/A in 21 in portugal as a teenager.

I wouldn't worry about Simeone judgement of developing flair players either just like you wouldn't with Mourinho. They have different philosophy and idea of the football. Griezzman doing well there is the exception not the rule.

He is certainly not "shitting" on the club either his comments are quite diplomatic for a player manager relationship that is broken.

Funny how when our players do something similar they’re called spoilt brats but it’s ok when it’s a potential signing :lol:
Also not sure if it's posters on here but most fans lambasted our players for downing tools the last few seasons at different points, it's not celebrated but just like we are seeing with our club legend Ronny, when your getting benched, subbed off and manager relationship has gone, when ya gotta go, ya gotta go.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri

Bad attitude is bad attitude. It’s a major red flag and the type of player we should avoid.
So Antony shouldn't have been signed?

I think many viewed the move to Atletico as ill-thought back then and it has so transpired. Why would he not try his best to get a move in order to salvage his career and still-important development time?

Scottynaldinho

So Antony shouldn't have been signed?

I think many viewed the move to Atletico as ill-thought back then and it has so transpired. Why would he not try his best to get a move in order to salvage his career and still-important development time?
Different scenarios really. Antony wanted to come to us, and he knew we'd place the bid, that's why he handed in the request.

Joao has fallen out with his club because he doesn't like the manager.

Shai-Hulud

Saying things go better in a more attacking setup is not a sign of bad attitude. Everyone knows he's a bad fit for AM. Why should he have to lie?

stoinz

Atletico must be joking. They are asking for more money that they paid for him? How many years have he got left?

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
We all know they aren’t getting that price for him. He hasn’t lived up to his initial price tag (not necessarily his fault) there’s now way they are getting more than that. In fact a fair bit less‍.

redshaw

Atletico must be joking. They are asking for more money that they paid for him? How many years have he got left?
4 years left.

To be fair, when United were linked with selling Pogba with 3-4 years left we wanted at least our money back if not a lot more even though he wasn't a success or fitted well with the team.

I guess AM want to sell more but he is a talented player, you ask high and see what the best offer is. I reckon 70-80m.

stoinz

4 years left.

To be fair, when United were linked with selling Pogba with 3-4 years left we wanted at least our money back if not a lot more even though he wasn't a success or fitted well with the team.

I guess AM want to sell more but he is a talented player, you ask high and see what the best offer is. I reckon 70-80m.
Crazy. It is not as if he is lighting up La Liga. A loan spell with option to buy would be better for him now. The only way they can get close to what they are asking for is for him to singlehandedly carry Portugal to world cup glory a bit like Maradona.

Abraxas

Going to Villa sounds bonkers for a player of this profile. Cannot see that happening. It's a big career step down and for no apparent reason. He might have stalled but he's not become undesirable. That will only happen if he stalls twice.

Messier1994

The Swedish Rumble
It is the classic full court press by Mendes, Atletico and co to drive the price up.

If you look at all relevant factors -- i.e. what AtM paid for Joao Felix what 4 years ago is 100% irrelevant, if I am picking between two BMW X7 from 2020, I do not care one bit if one of the owners paid twice as much for his than the other, I take the one that fits me the best at the best price -- Joao Felix is at most a 50m player.

This is a problem for Joao Felix, because for the AtM board, we know its hard for them to take that kind of reputational loss. Making it apparent what a bad signing they made. This is a problem for Atletico Madrid, because they are in dire need for money. Hence, everyone is working overtime to drive the price up.

My point is just, this is all very very expected, i.e. these ridiculous reports. Fabrizio have been pumping his value for ages. Talking about how AtM would have to get a bid over 120m for him. Which at the time he said it, was extremely ridiculous. Its like Chelsea trying to spread rumors that Kepa will be sold, Potter doesn't trust him, but it will take 125m to get him. But Fabrizio is always more than willing to lend his hand to Mendes and co. Another thing is the Villa report. They are establishing alternatives. You don't want to pay what we wants, fine, Villa will. They can never get someone like Felix otherwise. They will take 80 of the 100m they got for Grealish and pay for Felix and Felix want to go there. Does Felix want to go to Villa? Risk another Simeone situation?

The timing is also perfect. If AtM does not sell Felix now -- the price is only going down. He isn't playing for AtM during the spring. When he is playing, he isn't playing well. Now they get a World Cup boost.

And ultimately, this will probably be effective. But who is getting him? I think it will be someone like Villa to be honest. I do not think they get any of the major clubs to ant up that kind of money. But it is hard to tell. If you are Arsenal, who would you rather take, Mudryk at what close to 60m or Felix at 90m? Felix for 120m is of course completely out of the picture if you can get Mykhailo Mudryk for 60m, not to mention on much lower wages. Or Cody Gakpo for 55m, not to mention on much lower wages. Christopher Nkunku for 60m. This is what establish Joao Felix's value. Teams looking at their list, what do we need, what can we get, what will it cost -- and then choosing to go for the best alternative all things considered. Sooner or later, at the latest after the dust settles and names start being removed from that list, one or more clubs will go for Joao Felix and make bids for him. The highest offer AtM can obtain for Felix is what it is. Will someone given these conditions come to the conclusion, that yes, lets bid 120m for Felix? Of course not, never. I could see Villa going to like 75m. Think that is really really stretching it from their perspective. I could see a big club going to perhaps 75-80m.

We could get him for sure, wouldn't rule that out. Don't think its likely. Another thing -- this is probably something that gets done 31 January rather than 1 January. Very difficult situation. To some extent it also becomes a loan with option to buy vs a straight transaction. Is it better to take 70m from Villa today or to loan Felix to Arsenal or Manchester United or Chelsea with an option to buy for 100m? I think the loan option is too risky. Big risk that whomever gets him wouldn't use him, and then you stand there with an asset worth 40m on July 1.

From our POV, a cheaper purchase price with big potential add-ons if Felix performs is of course perfect. But can those be made functional? We have all seen AtM manipulating add-ons vis-a-vis Barca with Griezman.

Kaos

Give them Maguire and AWB - thats about £130million worth there. That's how it works right?

Yeah they're not getting anywhere near that for a player they want off their books and who himself also is desperate to leave.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
He can play false 9, no 10, left and right, has flair and vision to find his team mate, can pass and score, including header and still 23 years old.

To reflect his talent:
Golden Boy 2019
Atl Madrid Player of the Year: 2021–2022
Europa League Squad of the Season: 2018-2019
Ballon dor 2019 (28th place)
La Liga Team of the Season: 2021-2022

He will be much better under attacking manager/coach. Right now, Simeone defensive football is holding him back. We should take him if he's available. He can provide cover in 3-4 different positions.
Agree but the money Atletico is asking is not justified.

dutchred

would love to get him on a loan till the end of the season with an option to buy

LuckyScout78

The Felix has just woke up? Right in time? Shining of high top level in the last matches for Portugal. Even i understand it is really high top keep the top consistent max level.

That is Felix biggest challenge. Top consistent max level of years and long period = Has the Felix waking up/ is he reaching his top and max level?

Status
Not open for further replies.