g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Joao Felix / on loan to Chelsea

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaos

Much help it did with Antony's fee.
Difference is Ajax didn't want to sell and were desperate to hang on to him. Atletico have pretty much made it known publicly they want to get rid, both the player and club want to part ways. So their fee demands are unrealistic to put it generously.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Given that he has never scored more than 8 league goals, in LaLiga, a season, I would say it's a bit wank in general.

That being said, I think in a more attacking setup than that of Diego Simeone his numbers would probably go up.
Probably. I'm just judging his finishing in WC games.

Black Alabaster

Obviously being used a bit deeper to support attacks the last few games but shown he has a good header on him as well, seems to like a diving header could of been a goal, great movement in the box too.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Quality player, not in any way an obvious fit for us, wasn't great today.

Messier1994

The Swedish Rumble
Athletico aren’t getting anything near £100 million for him
One good game at the World Cup. I like him. As a midfielder, who also got potential to fill in at the top. He certainly is not “our striker for the future”.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Not interested given the likely extortionist price and his lack of goals. It would be a Hollywood buy minus the Hollywood performance

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
No fight, and just missing when things went tough. A bit like Gakpo, our other target.

You'd think playing with Atletico would've toughen him a lot.

But he's still young and etc. etc.

Rake

Well, Romano just said that he will be available for transfer but Atletico want upward of 100 mil. No going to happen.

island

Supports
Chelsea
Joao meets Messi and the petit gâteau says
" Que pasa bobo "
Joao gives that look, he's angry,
And they both can dive and roll until tomorrow.
"Vete para alla bobo"

On a freezy night in 2045 someone will write bout that in a Peruvian newspaper with strong connections with Kátia Aveiro.

goalscholes

Well, Romano just said that he will be available for transfer but Atletico want upward of 100 mil. No going to happen.
I want upwards of £100k for my Apple Watch 2. Doesn’t mean I won’t eventually take £40.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Maybe a good coaching will transform him to more intrigued heights but as it stands it's a very risky proposition.

How did go for that ridiculous tag in the first place, didn't really do much to warrant it.

izak

Supports
Glory Glory Red Devils
Quality player, not in any way an obvious fit for us, wasn't great today.
We need player that are comfortable in possession in tight areas, Felix fits the bill but I do feel we'll need to change our system a bit to accommodate him.

Rampant Red Rodriguez

Scared of women, so hates them.
He will help us create the chances, but may not be the finisher we are desperate to get.

What's his work rate like, is he a Bruno-like energy consuming type playmaker or Pogba-like energy saver?. Maybe we can make him our creater in chief and move Bruno to the fwd spot now Ronaldo has left us. That'd be a combination I'd love to see at our club, ETH could pair them successfully.

stoinz

I like him a lot but not 100million a lot. I rather we spend it on a proven striker or midfielder if we have that kind of budget.

Loan plus sale or 50-60mill tops.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
He will help us create the chances, but may not be the finisher we are desperate to get.

What's his work rate like, is he a Bruno-like energy consuming type playmaker or Pogba-like energy saver?. Maybe we can make him our creater in chief and move Bruno to the fwd spot now Ronaldo has left us. That'd be a combination I'd love to see at our club, ETH could pair them successfully.
The better comparison in terms of area where he plays and work rate would be Griezmann.

Rampant Red Rodriguez

Scared of women, so hates them.
The better comparison in terms of area where he plays and work rate would be Griezmann.
Oowh, now, that would be an excellent addition to the squad!. Very tasty prospect indeed!. I imagine Joao and Bruno ripping shreds into any opposition to our advantage. The 'new Griezmann' would certainly be a welcome addition to the team imo.

AFC NimbleThumb

No one should be bailing Atletico out in this situation. Simeone has managed this terribly & unless he goes Felix isn’t suddenly going to become his type of player.

We need to try before we buy here.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Atletico paid a ton of money for him in the first place which is why they would want to at least get their investment back. The issue is he hasn’t exactly been amazing there and there is no reason why his value should have gone up not down.

Would they be interested in Sancho at all, in a swap deal? He’s in kind of a similar situation as Felix, though has done even worse for us than Felix for Atletico but we could throw in £20m or so.

Erik the Red

Atletico paid a ton of money for him in the first place which is why they would want to at least get their investment back. The issue is he hasn’t exactly been amazing there and there is no reason why his value should have gone up not down.

Would they be interested in Sancho at all, in a swap deal? He’s in kind of a similar situation as Felix, though has done even worse for us than Felix for Atletico but we could throw in £20m or so.
Why does it seem like everyone has given up on Sancho? He came after the Euros, with very little break and after having a very difficult time emotionally. Then he has seen a couple of manager changes, and under ETH we have seen flashes of brilliance. He has the ability, and with ETH as a coach, we have to think that he will be given time to prove himself.

Personally, I would not want to do a straight swap for Felix, and certainly not throw money into it aswell. I still have high hopes he will come good.

AFC NimbleThumb

Your post was going so well then :lol:

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Why does it seem like everyone has given up on Sancho? He came after the Euros, with very little break and after having a very difficult time emotionally. Then he has seen a couple of manager changes, and under ETH we have seen flashes of brilliance. He has the ability, and with ETH as a coach, we have to think that he will be given time to prove himself.

Personally, I would not want to do a straight swap for Felix, and certainly not throw money into it aswell. I still have high hopes he will come good.
The way I see it right now is that he has Antony well ahead of him on the right and his only shot at first team football is off the left where his chances are also going to be limited.

His stock may still be OK for some teams but the longer his United struggle continues, the less likely we are going to be the recoup any serious money.

The issue with Felix, though, is that he is probably best playing LW/behind the striker and we have more than enough players to do that as well… I wouldn’t mind taking a punt but probably at a cost that is not too high, and to be honest for me Sancho + some money is a low risk move. But it’s a moot point as Sancho is probably an even worse fit for Atletico than Felix.

Last edited:

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
No fight, and just missing when things went tough. A bit like Gakpo, our other target.

You'd think playing with Atletico would've toughen him a lot.

But he's still young and etc. etc.
Likely the very reason Simeone is done with him.

Bluelion7

Supports
Chelsea
He is also a strong dribbler in traffic. So he can play striker he just isn't the best option, but for a manager like ten Hag who likes to move pieces around... This is why we have been consistently rumored to him.
What makes me nervous is people are basically describing Havertz: lanky build, technically sound, has some creativity, good second striker, can play the false 9, can play out in the wing if needed, good dribbler in traffic…

They forget to mention: not the best finisher, can get moved around physically by opposition, not a lot of pace, and not very quick either. If he cvs plays on the 9 his hold up play is often weak. He d average at taking on defenders off the dribble.

I think he’s a little more creative in finding passes than Havertz…. But not a ton.

So the issue is, if you want a 10 … there are people better at that job. If you want a winger… there are people better at that job. If you want a striker …. There are people better at that job. But if you spend 80m plus. There will be pressure to fit him in the lineup.

I thought Felix would fit better in Germany, or maybe even in PSG’s setup. But maybe he will be the anti-Havertz and tear the PL up, who knows.

bringbackbebe

What makes me nervous is people are basically describing Havertz: lanky build, technically sound, has some creativity, good second striker, can play the false 9, can play out in the wing if needed, good dribbler in traffic…

They forget to mention: not the best finisher, can get moved around physically by opposition, not a lot of pace, and not very quick either. If he cvs plays on the 9 his hold up play is often weak. He d average at taking on defenders off the dribble.

I think he’s a little more creative in finding passes than Havertz…. But not a ton.

So the issue is, if you want a 10 … there are people better at that job. If you want a winger… there are people better at that job. If you want a striker …. There are people better at that job. But if you spend 80m plus. There will be pressure to fit him in the lineup.

I thought Felix would fit better in Germany, or maybe even in PSG’s setup. But maybe he will be the anti-Havertz and tear the PL up, who knows.
He's going to be someone who can squeeze out of tight situations and break open our attack play. We don't have anyone right now who can do that in the center. Plays as a carrier in front of Eriksen/Bruno the passer & Casemiro the destroyer. Basically what Fred should have been doing if he was actually good or Martial is he was actually fit (Felix is somewhere in between the two). For pace up front, we have plenty in Rashford, Antony, Sancho, Elanga, Garnacho. We just lack the intermediate player to transition our attacking game. He'll be a fantastic addition, IMHO. We'll still need a CF even if we get Felix.

Status
Not open for further replies.