Joao Felix / on loan to Chelsea

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mainoldo

They aren’t getting that money. They are really banking on Manchester United getting him.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Such a brilliant player to watch.
Definitely, but something about him reminds me of Havertz, like one of those players that can be difficult to fit into a system unless you chuck them into the false 9 role. He's amazingly talented, but I wonder where he would play in say, the current United or Chelsea teams? I can't see a clean fit for him in those teams.

prateik

feck off.. we shouldnt be anywhere near these players for that kind of money.. we have been burnt several times.

Bluelion7

Supports
Chelsea
Definitely, but something about him reminds me of Havertz, like one of those players that can be difficult to fit into a system unless you chuck them into the false 9 role. He's amazingly talented, but I wonder where he would play in say, the current United or Chelsea teams? I can't see a clean fit for him in those teams.
I get a complete Havertz vibe from him.

Messier1994

The Swedish Rumble
I get a complete Havertz vibe from him.
I am far from sold on Joao Felix as a striker, but while Havertz is a pretty stationary player, Felix got the mobility to operate in a midfield.

Simeone has experimented with Felix as a RB. He does have a lot of flexibility. I would be very surprised if Felix future is as a striker or a second striker (nobody use them anymore). You want him on the ball setting up others as much as others.

We need a back up to Eriksen long term. Former Liverpool player Jose Enrique has been urging Kloop to sign Felix and use him as a No 8 “box to box” midfielder. Felix can play as a striker, as a AMC and off both wings for sure. The more he gets the ball the better. Could he be a No 8? There would (a) of course be a learning curve and (b) you are giving up defense and play without the ball in any event, which will demand more from our other CM (Bruno).

If we sign him for say 60m + some serious addons, say up to 25m, I do think it makes a lot of sense:
(a) He can substitute Martial at Striker.
(b) He can substitute both Rashford at LW and Elanga at RW.
(c) He can certainly substitute Bruno at AMC, probably the easiest position on our team to adopt to.
(d) In games we expect to dominate, we could play a center mid-field of Bruno-Casemiro-Felix.

In the end, he would more or less play as many games as anyone else from January to May for us, and provide some very much needed depth at several positions in which it’s much needed.

Just my opinion. At first I was against getting him for the same reasons as you. But like I started thinking, why the heck was ETH all of a sudden so interested in signing Joao Felix after losing out FDJ? Ronaldo was still here. Martial had a great pre-season. Antony and Casemiro had not signed. ETH dream is definitely to have a midfielder that can pass the ball like FDJ or KDB. Right? It sticks out when you listen to PCs etc. for sure.

Joao Felix is simply amazing at turning away from pressure with the ball, buying himself a little space and time, and then delivering a perfect pass. ETH have been extremely gutsy moving players out of their natural position for Ajax to get the exact skill he prefers from each position, like moving Timber from RD to CB and Martinez from CDM to CB in Ajax. I could definitely see ETH turning Felix into a CM for us.

With that flexibility, I am definitely OK with signing him in January.

Bondi77

Atletico took a gamble and they got burnt and now they will try and recoup as much as they can.
The guy is a 30-40mil player from what he has produced so far (he is 23 not 18-20) so Villa could be feasible.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Atletico took a gamble and they got burnt and now they will try and recoup as much as they can.
The guy is a 30-40mil player from what he has produced so far (he is 23 not 18-20) so Villa could be feasible.
In what decade? That much doesn't get you Morgan Gibbs-White now.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
It got them Bailey last season and he looked their most dangerous attacking threat.
If Bailey cost £30m with only 2 years in his contract then Joao should be worth more than just £30m-£40m. One is world class talent while the other one is Zaha’s level of talent but injury prone.

Boondog

He can play false 9, no 10, left and right, has flair and vision to find his team mate, can pass and score, including header and still 23 years old.

To reflect his talent:
Golden Boy 2019
Atl Madrid Player of the Year: 2021–2022
Europa League Squad of the Season: 2018-2019
Ballon dor 2019 (28th place)
La Liga Team of the Season: 2021-2022

He will be much better under attacking manager/coach. Right now, Simeone defensive football is holding him back. We should take him if he's available. He can provide cover in 3-4 different positions.
He is also a strong dribbler in traffic. So he can play striker he just isn't the best option, but for a manager like ten Hag who likes to move pieces around... This is why we have been consistently rumored to him.

Bondi77

If Bailey cost £30m with only 2 years in his contract then Joao should be worth more than just £30m-£40m. One is world class talent while the other one is Zaha’s level of talent but injury prone.
What has he done to be classified as world class?

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
What has he done to be classified as world class?
Joao:
Golden Boy 2019

Bailey:
Bundesliga Team of the Season: 2017-2018

Everyone can see who has world class ceiling/talent and who doesn't between the two.

Bondi77

Joao:
Golden Boy 2019

Bailey:

Everyone can see who has world class ceiling/talent and who doesn't between the two.
I made no reference to Leon Bailey being remotely world class.
What is your classification for a player to be deemed world class?

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
I made no reference to Leon Bailey being remotely world class.
What is your classification for a player to be deemed world class?
Definition of world class talent can be different to anyone.

But one thing for sure that you can't compare this:

Joao:
Golden Boy 2019

to this:

Bailey:

Two of complete different level of talent.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
18 month loan deal with an option to buy at any time for £70m should do it, Italian style.

Bondi77

Definition of world class talent can be different to anyone.

But one thing for sure that you can't compare this:

Joao:
Golden Boy 2019

to this:

Bailey:

Two of complete different level of talent.
Pointless :houllier:

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
He doesn’t score nowhere near enough to be an 100m player: we need a clinical striker that will get us upwards of 20 goals a season. That’s all we’re missing really. With a striker our style of play will improve and we’ll be in with a shot of competing for the top trophies.

Messier1994

The Swedish Rumble
You have forgotten the clause that the 70 million be paid across 10 annual payments.
And that we — if dealing with the Italians — of course would throw in a player to the package and have extremely inflated prices to make profits and get FFP flexibility. Would make it like:

We pay 170m for Joao Felix
They pay 100m for Facundo Pellestri and Tahith Chong

~They make a big profit on Felix and get a ton FFP room.
~We make a big profit on Facundo Pellestri and Taith Chong and get a ton of FFP room.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Pointless :houllier:
I'm sure it's not difficult to see the difference.

Joao:
Golden Boy 2019

Bailey:

Bondi77

I'm sure it's not difficult to see the difference.

Joao:
Golden Boy 2019

Bailey:
Yet again you struggle to interpret a post and I really cannot be bothered with you...have a nice day and feel free to put me on Ignore.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
And that we — if dealing with the Italians — of course would throw in a player to the package and have extremely inflated prices to make profits and get FFP flexibility. Would make it like:

We pay 170m for Joao Felix
They pay 100m for Facundo Pellestri and Tahith Chong

~They make a big profit on Felix and get a ton FFP room.
~We make a big profit on Facundo Pellestri and Taith Chong and get a ton of FFP room.
:lol: :lol: It's a deal, its a steal.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Yet again you struggle to interpret a post and I really cannot be bothered with you...have a nice day and feel free to put me on Ignore.
I don't know what is so difficult to understand my post.

These (below) individual awards he achieved at 22 is what I see as the standard of player with world class talent.
Golden Boy 2019

Getting an award of Bundesliga Team of the Season for one season only at 24 or 25 years old is not world class talent. But for some reason you view them as the same.

NoPace

It's a bit of a Dybala situation where you're not sure about him as a lone striker and we don't have the space at LW.

Juventus would be a great fit next to Vlahovic but they may not be able to spend with their payout scandal.

Arsenal is an interesting option, if they can sell Smith-Rowe to Villa or West Ham or Newcastle for 40M and buy Felix for 80M they might risk that for the upside, though they'll probably just buy Mudryk and end up selling Smith-Rowe for money to upgrade the midfield after Smith-Rowe's value drops from a lack of playing time, or move quickly to send him out and use that money on a DM and a #8, which is maybe the only thing - along with a really good backup #9 who can score goals off the bench against tired CBs that Jesus has harassed for 70 minutes - that is keeping them from winning a title this year or in the next 2-3 seasons.

Don't really see a lot of others, so my guess is still Aston Villa, maybe with a sizeable but not insane release clause for him to go to a CL team in 2-3 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.