Joao Felix / on loan to Chelsea

Status
Not open for further replies.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Felix links were reported on boxing day by a guy in the Telegraph who says Potter wants him as a left sided forward.
Potter will do well to be there in a few weeks time if that’s his plan. Hilarious times at your club.

kaku06

Vulgarian
Chelsea are such a boring annoying pathetic club. Signing other clubs targets that’s all they have been doing ever since Roman took over. From Robben to Felix. Really enjoying their demise and Felix won’t stop that.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Felix links were reported on boxing day by a guy in the Telegraph who says Potter wants him as a left sided forward.
Yeah, I believe that was in the very early stages when Mendes was reaching out to a bunch of different clubs. They kept him on the shortlist but weren't really planning to bring him in until after the recent City loss.

NoLogo

Anyone else think Felix is crap?
Feels like another overhyping by the caf, seems like every transfer window they pick one of the former wonder kids of football and get all giddy about it, totally neglecting how the player has developed in the meantime, still dreaming of the promises of days past or a couple of games they saw of them during international tournaments.

They also often seem to fail to take into account if the player is actually something we need or not.

But in the end it's probably because they chose the transfer muppet way of life, and it's all about the muppetry, not really about the player or the transfer.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
Does it mean Chelsea no longer pursue for Mykhailo Mudryk? I don't think so. Chelsea will have a completely new front line this January.

Supports
Chelsea
He can actually control the ball and dribble without getting dispossessed in 1 second, so it's a massive upgrade on any attackers we have. Bit questionable if there's no option to buy, but at this point the season is over already so would be refreshing to watch someone who can actually do the basics of football for half a season.

the_cliff

Does it mean Chelsea no longer pursue for Mykhailo Mudryk? I don't think so. Chelsea will have a completely new front line this January.
I think they need to look at their midfield more than anything.

Their new owner seems to have the mindset of a child in a sweet shop. That or everyone is using Chelsea's name to further their own agenda's. Last thing they need right now is a player in Felix's mould.

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
Would think so now. The only other forward i could see happening is Thuram, but not sure if he is a striker, which is what we need now

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
Always felt you are the favourites for him and could see it happening on deadline day
From the beginning I don't think Arsenal can close the deal, regardless of Chelsea's interest. The difference in valuation is just too big.

Happy to see Felix has a chance to showcase his ability in a more attacking oriented team.

sugar_kane

United fans have been weirdly sensible with regards to our transfer business recently, it's almost like most of the nutters left with Pogba and Ronaldo. Would have expected much more of a meltdown than this.

I'm content with this development. Much better he goes there than Arsenal, where he might thrive which is unlikely at Chelsea, and it allows us to focus on what we actually need rather than bring in another expensive malcontent.

In the Woodward years we'd have been all over this, that says it all I think.

Lee565

Well this will definitely help sort out their leaky defence, timid midfield and goal shy attack....

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Yeah the money involved for the deal is ridiculous with Chelsea getting absolutely nothing from it if he does well. That’s the point and why United and Arsenal haven’t bothered.

Its alarming as you’re still all over the place having learnt nothing from the crazy summer window.
You seem way more distressed about the state of Chelsea and our spending habits than I am :lol:

Relfy

He's a tidy player but not too much more than that based on what I have seen of him over the years. I struggle to see the benefit of Utd doing this business without at least an option to buy the player. Chelsea need firepower desperately, and he is available, so it kind of makes sense, but at the same time makes none, as he isn't that prolific, maybe a bit lightweight, and likely wants to occupy the same spaces as Havertz does.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
Would think so now. The only other forward i could see happening is Thuram, but not sure if he is a striker, which is what we need now
Both Thuram and Moukoko are good option and relatively "cheap" in the current market.

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
You seem way more distressed about the state of Chelsea and our spending habits than I am :lol:
you wait until they see The Times now reporting we are still in Enzo Fernandez talks and considering a move for Madueke, another wide forward! While attempting to also complete Thuram deal. Going to be carnage on here

TheReligion

Abusive
I’m just surprised you all seem quite happy about how things are being done at the club.

I said over the summer it was a very odd window and it seems nothing has changed.

We’ve seen similar under Woodward.

Status
Not open for further replies.