Joao Felix / on loan to Chelsea

Status
Not open for further replies.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
At least in terms of individual skill, Felix is ahead of some of Chelsea's forwards' atm. Who knows maybe he will shine like a diamond in Chelsea.
Yeah who knows. It seems like we're on a quest to collect as many positionless players possible though, with Havertz already here, Nkunku on his way and now Felix :lol:

pogbasformerbarber

For Atletico it works really good, they get a ridiculous fee for a 6 month loan get rid of his wages and the problem with Simeone while they have the chance that Joao makes it in the premier league and they can sell him for a big fee in the summer.
I was actually referring to Felix the player and Chelsea as the two parties. Chelsea's player's and style seem counter to Felix's abilities so I don't know why either would be into this for the rest of the season. If I were Felix I would want to go to a club where I would shine and get guaranteed first team starts. I don't see that at Chelsea. For Chelsea, who is he supplanting?

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Hm, very good point. The Glazers cannot run the clock down with the Felix news now. If they fail to bring anyone besides Weghorst, fans won't be happy.
It's not about signing players to make the fans happy. Besides. We spent over 200m in the summer. It is very understandable to not spend anything other than a half season loan as striker cover. Nobody should have unlimited money. Being upset at not spending big on a striker this summer basically says that you'd only be content with being a sugar daddy club who makes a mockery out of it..

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Probably is one, verbally agreed. Its just not obligated
Yeah if there is an option, that's at least something because if he hits the ground running, we would in theory have an inside track to signing him permanently.

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
Yeah if there is an option, that's at least something because if he hits the ground running, we would in theory have an inside track to signing him permanently.
Not going to pay 10-11m euros to loan him, and then struggle to buy him if he does well, so probably is a handshake agreement.

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

Reminds me of Woodward's first year where we were desperate for a DM so we signed Mata despite already having Rooney and Kagawa as our no10s.

Okey

Great news! Just like the Gakpo deal. We need the distractions gone so our focus can be solely on a No.9 and nothing else.

Edit: A midfielder wouldn't hurt, in addition.

Widow

You are looking at the Burnley player again aren't you rather than the guy who scored around 60 goals at Wolfsburg
So anyone who believes he won't be successful doesn't see the real superstar he is? Like most of the top managers during his uninspiring career thus far? Well, he did get a 12 million move to Burnley I suppose.

Listen, I'll be more than happy to backtrack on my initial thoughts and praise him as an amazing bit of business but I'm as entitled to my opinion as much as the rest.

fallengt

Hm, very good point. The Glazers cannot run the clock down with the Felix news now. If they fail to bring anyone besides Weghorst, fans won't be happy.
They just spent 200m. Club obviously runs on a budget. If Felix played in position that we needed to strengthen, I'd get your point but he's not.
If we had cash, Enzo Fernadez, Bellingham would be much better target.

Last edited:

NYAS

Very happy about this. Was worried we’d get him. No more square pegs in round holes.

Gakpo and Felix gone. Only Memphis remains. Hope someone bites.

shabz

They've paid the fee that Arsenal and United didn't want to. But they are also more desperate, they need a Bruno impact from him to even challenge for the top 4.

Wheato

Prepare to be unhappy then. Because we are only going for loan deals in this window. The transfer budget was blown to smithereens in the summer.

Like Chelsea, we're not really short on number 10's either. Bruno, Sancho, Rashford, Martial and Erikson can all play that role off a main striker. Which is why we need that number 9 up front.

romufc

I wonder what about Chelsea's project he is interested by?

Its a 6 month loan with no cups, CL qualification looks difficult.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Seems a poor move for him. Again. Arsenal would have been amazing for him and I suspect he'd have thrived at United pretty well too.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
I wonder what about Chelsea's project he is interested by?

Its a 6 month loan with no cups, CL qualification looks difficult.
World domination.

You know, as soon as the data guru guys do their data guru things so we sign the next Haaland and Mbappe for ten quid each.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Old Trafford is buzzing right now and there has generally never been greater demand for tickets. I think you are misreading the room.

romufc

World domination.

You know, as soon as the data guru guys do their data guru things so we sign the next Haaland and Mbappe for ten quid each.
Yep, the guru thing is working

Felix on 6 month loan with nothing to play for for approx £18m. Great business btw.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
it feels as if his career will be a cautionary tale in how your career is only as good as the decisions you make.

crossy1686

career ending
Yep. And stops the issue of “we were trying to negotiate them down all window” which will come when we don’t sign him.

SAFMUTD

I was actually referring to Felix the player and Chelsea as the two parties. Chelsea's player's and style seem counter to Felix's abilities so I don't know why either would be into this for the rest of the season. If I were Felix I would want to go to a club where I would shine and get guaranteed first team starts. I don't see that at Chelsea. For Chelsea, who is he supplanting?
I guess anything's better than Simeone's ball. I don't think he had many options given the ridiculous fee Atletico was demanding, anyway the other options we're Arsenal and us. I dont see him starting over anyone in Arsenal right now and for us he wouldn't have been a warrant starter either.

I think he's really similar to Havertz so I guess he's comming to either take his place and move Havertz to midfield changing formation to back 5 or playing either Havertz or Joao on the right instead of Pulisic.

Rnd898

Supports
Chelsea
FFS. Don't rate Felix, never have.

With our current league position being what it is, what exactly is the value of doing an expensive six month loan with no buy option for a player who's very likely to be as awkward a tactical fit as Kai Havertz into the side?

He's not going to magically get us top-4 all by himself so what's the point? Literally money down the drain for what I fear is going to be a very little return.

phelans shorts

Old Trafford is buzzing right now and there has generally never been greater demand for tickets. I think you are misreading the room.
Yeah I don’t understand that posters point. The vast majority of us are well aware that we aren’t signing anyone and that Atleti were trying to pull a fast one on us at that price. I like Felix a lot but this deal as it stands is awful and not worth pursuing

Unam333

Chelsea are an absolute joke of a club right now. You can tell the owner is just watching everyone else and trying to get in on everything. Cretinous.
Surprising change of events! Another player Chelsea want (and get). Oh well, Weghorst it is then. Our January transfer business is done now..

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Yep. And stops the issue of “we were trying to negotiate them down all window” which will come when we don’t sign him.
Apparently based on the 5 other posts that quoted me above, I should be celebrating we are not shit.

I swear, we need an 'Introduction to SAF values and standards' tutorial when people sign up on the forum.

Why are some fans so easily satisfied. We could genuinely be in a title race were it not for the Glazers and apparently it's alright not to have a Bruno replacement for 5 months.

TheReligion

Abusive
Probably is one, verbally agreed. Its just not obligated
Not going to pay 10-11m euros to loan him, and then struggle to buy him if he does well, so probably is a handshake agreement.
I’m really surprised you guys are happy with this. He’s not what you need at all and is more evidence of a totally random scattergun approach to transfers.

United and Arsenal have been negotiating with Atletico as they have made ridiculous demands. It seems Chelsea just happy to do whatever they ask. Doubt there’s any clause. Atletico simply wanted someone to take him away for a few months, give them money and pay his wages.

phelans shorts

Apparently based on the 5 other posts that quoted me above, I should be celebrating we are not shit.

I swear, we need an 'Introduction to SAF values and standards' tutorial when people sign up on the forum.

Why are some fans so easily satisfied. We could genuinely be in a title race were it not for the Glazers and apparently it's alright not to have a Bruno replacement for 5 months.
I don’t know if you’ve noticed, the Glazers are on the way out. You’re the one advocating throwing money (that we don’t have) away for nothing. What’s the point spending 20 million on a player who you know won’t be here in 6 months? Are your standards that low?

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
I’m really surprised you guys are happy with this. He’s not what you need at all and is more evidence of a totally random scattergun approach to transfers.

United and Arsenal have been negotiating with Atletico as they have made ridiculous demands. It seems Chelsea just happy to do whatever they ask. Doubt there’s any clause. Atletico simply wanted someone to take him away for a few months, give them money and pay his wages.
the fit is questionable. But i still think hes a good player. Still ideally need a striker, but as of this minute, hed be in ahead of Havertz and/or Ziyech for me

Status
Not open for further replies.