Joao Felix / on loan to Chelsea

Status
Not open for further replies.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
So Chelsea are replacing Havertz with a player who is exactly like Havertz, and it is costing them £11m (excluding wages) for four months. Interesting strategy.
More like £9m but yes to everything you said.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
:lol: Chelsea will genuinely have like 5 high profile attackers who aren’t quite no.10s, aren’t quite no.9s, and aren’t quite conventional wingers
Proper weird. Yeah, this isn't working, so let's add more of the same :houllier: And then their fans will complain that the team is unbalanced and bloated. It is actually hilarious.

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
He isn't your typical winger ans he isn't your typical striker either ? I mean , I play FM better than him.

Havertz, Mount, Nkuku, Ziyech- so happy that his happened. Was worried that they might get an actual striker in.
Still after one according to Matt Law. Plus a midfielder and backup RB. The latter of which we are linked with is now Pedro Porro, wanted by Spurs :lol:

SAFMUTD

According to Ornstein Chelsea have agreed the loan for 11.8M

That Todd guy is as stupid as it gets

Djemba-Djemba

Is Todd Boehly just googling transfer rumours each morning, seeing who their top 4 rivals are interested in and then just blundering into negotiations offering to pay double?

:lol:

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Their transfer strategy seems to be sign whoever is being linked with other PL teams rather than identifying an actual solution to their problems (an actual striker).

Messier1994

The Swedish Rumble
Second time Ornstein has worded a signing in a way insinuating the player chose that club over others when the truth is the other interested party wouldn’t pay the fee. See Gakpo when he had to clarify that wasn’t the case.
It’s the benefit you get by signing a player, the winner write the history.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Feckers. Out of nowhere. Good signing for them, but stupid high fee for half a season.

Also - he's good in that he makes them better. But not enough to bridge the gap to top 4, and is a lot of money for a half season loan. So idk.

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
Their transfer strategy seems to be sign whoever is being linked with other PL teams rather than identifying an actual solution to their problems (an actual striker).
We have been linked to him all window to be fair. There have been several articles saying if we sign him Pulisic would be free to leave. Striker is another issue.

El Zoido

This is what they’ve done for two decades now. Proper shithouse club and I don’t know why they’re so appealing to so many players. Money talks, I suppose.

Chairman Steve

I’m somewhat disappointed we didn’t get him and I’m somewhat relieved Arsenal didn’t. We’ll soon see whether he’s actually that good though. Remember Saul Niguez and how well that went?

And like many have pointed out, they have Havertz, Ziyech, Sterling, Mount and soon will have Nkunku and now getting Felix on loan. What the feck :lol:

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Feckers. Out of nowhere. Good signing for them, but stupid high fee for half a season.
I like the player but question of fit is a good one. I don’t know if Chelsea would have been the right move for him but I’ll take him I guess. At least it’s only a loan and both sides can assess again in the summer.

SAFMUTD

Don't see how this makes sense for either party...total head scratcher...
For Atletico it works really good, they get a ridiculous fee for a 6 month loan get rid of his wages and the problem with Simeone while they have the chance that Joao makes it in the premier league and they can sell him for a big fee in the summer.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Well I'm glad this one is off the table now.
Hm, very good point. The Glazers cannot run the clock down with the Felix news now. If they fail to bring anyone besides Weghorst, fans won't be happy.

Judas

Open to offers
I’m somewhat disappointed we didn’t get him and I’m somewhat relieved Arsenal didn’t. We’ll soon see whether he’s actually that good though. Remember Saul Niguez and how well that went?

And like many have pointed out, they have Havertz, Ziyech, Sterling, Mount and soon will have Nkunku and now getting Felix on loan. What the feck :lol:
We won’t though. I certainly won’t be judging him off this loan spell at a currently terrible team. He won’t save them, if he does he’s a monster of a player the likes we have never seen before.

red_de_pologne

For Atletico it works really good, they get a ridiculous fee for a 6 month loan get rid of his wages and the problem with Simeone while they have the chance that Joao makes it in the premier league and they can sell him for a big fee in the summer.
I'd argue Chelsea right now is hardly the best environment to showcase his value, but they were willing to pay up I guess

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I like the player but question of fit is a good one. I don’t know if Chelsea would have been the right move for him but I’ll take him I guess. At least it’s only a loan and both sides can assess again in the summer.
I think he's far better than anyone you have in attack, where it's a bit of mid table options if I'm being honest. He's instantly your best attacker. But, he's young, will need to adapt a bit as it's a massive difference in play style and league, and it's not enough IMO for getting close to top 4, which is where it gets confusing for me due to the fee of a half season loan.

georgipep

Second time Ornstein has worded a signing in a way insinuating the player chose that club over others when the truth is the other interested party wouldn’t pay the fee. See Gakpo when he had to clarify that wasn’t the case.
Ornstein is a rumours merchant. Him and Carl Anka are the two worst The Athletic journos when it comes to Manchester United.
Anka's big issue is that his analysis just lacks any sort of depth. His insights are superficial, banal and in many cases, pure wrong. He does have fantastic network within the football world though and I'm sure he is quite handy for The Athletic.

General_Elegancia

Chillin' with the Dugongs
Supports
Liverpool, AC Milan
At least in terms of individual skill, Felix is ahead of some of Chelsea's forwards' atm. Who knows maybe he will shine like a diamond in Chelsea.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
100% panic after yesterday as well. Such an annoying club.

Infra-red

Is Todd Boehly just googling transfer rumours each morning, seeing who their top 4 rivals are interested in and then just blundering into negotiations offering to pay double?

:lol:
Let's see what we can get him to do - leak some stories saying we're interested in making an £80m move this month for Morata.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
What player in their right mind would prefer the “Chelsea project” ahead of what United and Arsenal are doing right now?
Well he went to Atletico in the first place, wouldn’t put a lot of faith in his intelligence.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
Hm, very good point. The Glazers cannot run the clock down with the Felix news now. If they fail to bring anyone besides Weghorst, fans won't be happy.
If they aren’t happy they clearly aren’t seeing the bigger picture

club being sold > multiple signings in Jan when we don’t have any money

JB7

What player in their right mind would prefer the “Chelsea project” ahead of what United and Arsenal are doing right now?
One that has an offer from Chelsea but no offer from United or Arsenal because both those clubs that £10m for a 5 month loan is ridiculous.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
I think he's far better than anyone you have in attack, where it's a bit of mid table options if I'm being honest. He's instantly your best attacker. But, he's young, will need to adapt a bit as it's a massive difference in play style and league, and it's not enough IMO for getting close to top 4, which is where it gets confusing for me due to the fee of a half season loan.
I agree with all of that. The lack of option to buy is a bit baffling to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.