Joao Felix / on loan to Chelsea

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
So you think he would sign without top 4
I can only say Odegaard had no problem to sign without top 4 back then. In my opinion given what Odegaard had experienced before in Real Madrid, if he can find a team, a coach and a tactic that "click" with him, it is no brainer to stay at his age back then. He needed a stable platform to grow. There is always a risk to join a new team to work with another coach and a completely new tactic.

croadyman

I can only say Odegaard had no problem to sign without top 4 back then. In my opinion given what Odegaard had experienced before in Real Madrid, if he can find a team, a coach and a tactic that "click" with him, it is no brainer to stay at his age back then. He needed a stable platform to grow. There is always a risk to join a new team to work with another coach and a completely new tactic.
What is your gut feeling on it?

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Iet's see if Felix "clicks" with this Chelsea team and Potter first. It is way too early to suggest anything. When there is an Odegaard, there is a Ceballos as well.
Yep, for every Kovacic, there's a Saul too

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
Not sure how Fabrizio knows this, but I think Kovacic was also a loan without a buy option.

Mainoldo

Not sure how Fabrizio knows this, but I think Kovacic was also a loan without a buy option.

He had an option to be which is why they was able to secure the deal even whilst having a transfer ban.

MIC_FIN

Supports
United Away Games
No such thing as cup-tied anymore, hasn't been a thing for at least a few years now.

https://www.getfootballnewsfrance.c...n-e630m-gross-salary-at-psg-over-three-years/

Overall 630M€ over three years if the option for the third season is triggered.

Mbappe's base salary is 'only' around 1.5M a week but he also pocketed a €180M signing bonus spread out over the duration of the contract and will have a 'loyalty bonus' of €70-80M a year for every year of contract.

All of that adds up to €210M a year so €4.04M a week.
Another example of your previous owners. Players who have played/scored in cups for another team in the same fiscal year, shouldn't be allowed.. I don't make the rules though.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
We've probably reached the point where, if Chelsea show an interest in a player, that should be our cue to move on and leave well alone. Felix won't do it in the PL in my opinion.
It's a concern going forward, especially so because any club we contact would be negligent to not then inform Chelsea and hopefully encourage their foolishness.

Charrockero

Supports
Chivas de Guadalajara
I don't have high expectations for Felix at Chelsea but looking into the loan terms, I think Chelsea did a "good negotiation" considering it is not a permanent move. If he fails, they don't have obligation to buy and will not have invested in a transfer fee.. If he succeeds, Atletico may get a ROI with him and liberate a huge wage off their budget and Chelsea will get a promising player.

Nevertheless, I'm pessimistic into this transfer. We need to consider other "Atletico to Chelsea" signings into the equation like Diego Costa (who only worked for 1 season) and Saul Ñiguez loan last year. Not many good things happen to either teams.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
I don't have high expectations for Felix at Chelsea but looking into the loan terms, I think Chelsea did a "good negotiation" considering it is not a permanent move. If he fails, they don't have obligation to buy and will not have invested in a transfer fee.. If he succeeds, Atletico may get a ROI with him and liberate a huge wage off their budget and Chelsea will get a promising player.

Nevertheless, I'm pessimistic into this transfer. We need to consider other "Atletico to Chelsea" signings into the equation like Diego Costa (who only worked for 1 season) and Saul Ñiguez loan last year. Not many good things happen to either teams.
I mean

52 goals in 89 league games.

20 league goals in 2 out of 3 seasons.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
We need to consider other "Atletico to Chelsea" signings into the equation like Diego Costa (who only worked for 1 season) and Saul Ñiguez loan last year. Not many good things happen to either teams.
We don't need to consider that at all. It's silly to think that because Saul was a crap loan then Felix might also be.

And also, Hasselbaink, Costa and Courtois were all fantastic for Chelsea after playing for Atletico. Even Filipe Luis won the league for Chelsea in his first season.

Atletico to Chelsea ends up great for Chelsea most of the time.

Cathy Ferguson

Post like these are infuriating. This is blatantly false. None of our player can carry the ball? The length some of you are going to hype up your muppet dreams are hilarious.
Not from midfield. Not Eriksen and not Bruno. Who is a ball carrier in our team? Felix would have been a good loan.

Rnd898

Supports
Chelsea
What blasphemy is this? :lol:

Costa was in our team for three years, won the PL title in two of them and scored 20 league goals in each of the title winning seasons before being sold back to Atleti for €22M more than the initial price we paid for him.

Definitely one of our best pieces of business in the last 15 years.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus

Saul was crap at Chelsea because he's just not very good. The Caf had a infatuation for him, but this was always clear.

To call Diego Costa anything but a successful signing is laughable too. The guy was a menace to play against and got his fair share of goals.

None of the above will have any bearing on this signing whatsoever though.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
He's extending his contract before leaving? Jesus wept :lol:.

Probably some sort of FFP scam to appease La Liga's crazy boss.

SirReginald

Supports
Chelsea
Yep, for every Kovacic, there's a Saul too
Don’t forget Quaresma and Maniche.

For the clubs sake I hope he does well but I just don’t see how he benefits us at this moment in time. We need a JFH or a Drogba. Even a Costa. This team needs some nastiness.

Pintu

I have not kept up with this at all, why is he being loaned? Do Atletico have money troubles?
No big money troubles per se. It is a well run club but being out of all European football this season they probably have less use for him over the next 6 months... And with the new FFP rules, they can't do whatever they want. They seem to think they will clinch the top 4 finish with or without him.

bosskeano

so chelsea are paying 11m for a loan deal plus his full wage packet...that's an expensive 6month deal

Status
Not open for further replies.