Joao Felix | Signed for Atlético Madrid

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedCurry

They are a proper club and proper clubs scout young players plenty before splashing that kind of cash. I know little about the kid but I bet atletico know what they are doing.

Sp00ks11

When are people going to get over the fact this isn't 2004 anymore. These high prices are the new normal. A £50 million player today is a £5-10 million in 2004. Get over it. Felix is a gamble at this price but so was Rooney..

Untd55

£113m is insane for a player who has only played one season. Even considering today's market.

Only 5 players have gone for over £100m so far. Neymar, Mbappe, Ronaldo, Hazard, Dembele.

Griezmann and Felix could be the fifth and sixth.

- Four of those (Neymar, Ronaldo, Hazard, and Griezmann) were/are undoubtedly world class when/if they signed for that amount.

- Mbappe had performed at a high level in the Champions League, but his price was inflated at the time due to PSG being involved.

- Dembele was a weirdly desperate signing for Barcelona, who has certainly not lived up to expectations. Felix looks like he is going to be another Dembele for me - another player who is going to be signed for massive money based on one season. I doubt he will live up to the price tag.

Patrick08

When are people going to get over the fact this isn't 2004 anymore. These high prices are the new normal. A £50 million player today is a £5-10 million in 2004. Get over it. Felix is a gamble at this price but so was Rooney..
For Spanish league standards its not a gamble as he is technically brilliant, how ever it certainly was the case for any Epl club given the nature of the game in this country.

SwedishFish

Very underwhelming presentation video. I guess nothing was left for the media department after he got sold.

Benfica fans shouldn't be too sad, even though he was your best player you couldn't possibly have asked for a better deal.

bijitaq

Supports
S. L. Benfica
Very underwhelming presentation video. I guess nothing was left for the media department after he got sold.

Benfica fans shouldn't be too sad, even though he was your best player you couldn't possibly have asked for a better deal.
Yeah, but has a fan I don't care about the deals. I just want the best players to stay in our club. I would be way happier selling him for a third of today's price in a couple years.

SwedishFish

Yeah, but has a fan I don't care about the deals. I just want the best players to stay in our club. I would be way happier selling him for a third of today's price in a couple years.
Of course, but surely you can get able replacements. After all you are Benfica finding good talent is what you do best.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
Went for the right team based on his ability. It will give him room to grow because he would be eaten alive at a bigger club.

Lots of pressure for him now with all that money. This will be a very interesting season.

Atlético loving Portugal right now, Felipe, Herrera, Felix, telles (?).

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
It's a huge risk, but Atletico usually have a good hit rate on young talent.

Whether they're homegrown or brought in, they have had a hand in many successful players across the continent.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
So atletico only payed 30M up front the remaining 96M will likely be through other operations. I suspect a lot of movement between atlético Benfica and other Mendes clubs in the coming weeks.

Inter Yer Nan

Went for the right team based on his ability. It will give him room to grow because he would be eaten alive at a bigger club.

Lots of pressure for him now with all that money. This will be a very interesting season.

Atlético loving Portugal right now, Felipe, Herrera, Felix, telles (?).
They just spent about 18m on that lad from the Brazilian league for LB so they may just fancy him and Filipe for the coming season.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
Worst deal in football history in theory. In practice they'll get half that money back through shady Jorge Mendes deals.

Status
Not open for further replies.