Joao Felix | Signed for Atlético Madrid

Status
Not open for further replies.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
Yeah 126m is 40% of atleticos revenue! albeit they’ll get a shit tonne from Greizmann, so that will jump it up a bit.
Lots of movement coming in the coming weeks no doubt. This has only just begun.

Black Adder

Rarer than an eclipse.
Was watching him more carefully when Benfica played Dinamo Zagreb since he was touted as big talent, but didn't see much of him in 2 games. Could be that he was out of form at that time, but this kind of money for him just seems too excessive.

wr8_utd

:'(
Atleti have around 100m coming in for Griezzman and then there's the 130m or so for Lucas Hernandez and Rodri combined. Felix, while overpriced, is definitely affordable for them and I think selling clubs will know Atleti have the money to spend just like Barca did when they sold Neymar.

wr8_utd

:'(
I hope he doesn't go the way off a lot of other attackers who don't exactly end up shining in Simeone's system.

paraguayo

Supports
neutral
When Mourinho said Neymar for 200m was cheap, he was right. The problem would be the next transfers.

Rei Eusébio

Supports
Sport Lisboa e Benfica
Benfica will receive 120M at once.
Atletico is paying for the financial agency that provides the operation in installments. The 6M is the interest that Atletico pays to the financial agency.

Atletico is also paying 1.2M to Porto and Padroense (soliderity mechanism). This 1.2 are not included in the operation I mentioned above.

What I think will happen next.. 12M for Mendes as comission (10%) and maybe a deal with any of his players.

Reactions: van der star

Flanders Devil

Atletico is paying for the financial agency that provides the operation in installments. The 6M is the interest that Atletico pays to the financial agency.

Atletico is also paying 1.2M to Porto and Padroense (soliderity mechanism). This 1.2 are not included in the operation I mentioned above.

What I think will happen next.. 12M for Mendes as comission (10%) and maybe a deal with any of his players.
This concept is super interesting! I’ve never heard or thought of it before, but essentially financing of players...is this common?? I like it. I think.

Wonder what it does for a clubs FFP position?

And who wears default risk, I’m assuming the finance company?

If this all works out, could be how all transfers are done...

Or...it leads to a GFC like bubble bursting event...

So many thoughts...

RedDevil@84

A 6M interest on a 120M loan is dirt cheap

SwedishFish

Atletico is playing a high-stakes game here, never before have they dabbled in this sort of territory when it comes to transfer fees.

He could well be the second coming of Griezmann and probably even better but at that age with that sort of price tag it no doubt represents a huge risk for them. If this doesn't pay off like they hope it will I can see them really struggling to pull in capable players in the future.

Considering the team is going through a thorough rebuild from their golden era this could absolutely mean boom or bust for them. Atletico doesn't have the same security to back up their financial muscle as the super clubs have.

AgentP

Atletico is playing a high-stakes game here, never before have they dabbled in this sort of territory when it comes to transfer fees.

He could well be the second coming of Griezmann and probably even better but at that age with that sort of price tag it no doubt represents a huge risk for them. If this doesn't pay off like they hope it will I can see them really struggling to pull in capable players in the future.

Considering the team is going through a thorough rebuild from their golden era this could absolutely mean boom or bust for them. Atletico doesn't have the same security to back up their financial muscle as the super clubs have.
I like what Athletico are trying to do here. So many teams have struggled to replace their star player and have ended up signing plenty of mediocre players instead. One good thing is Felix seems to be very clinical with his finishing which is very important in a team like Athletico who do not create too many scoring chances.

You mean they won’t be able to sell their training ground to the Spanish government for £250m to clear their overdraft!

bijitaq

Supports
S. L. Benfica
A 6M interest on a 120M loan is dirt cheap
It depends on the duration of the loan I think. If it's a short term loan just to overcome a momentary lack of liquidity 6 million makes more sense.

Also there's already rumors of us being interested in Correa. So I would expect further developments in the near future.

SwedishFish

I like what Athletico are trying to do here. So many teams have struggled to replace their star player and have ended up signing plenty of mediocre players instead. One good thing is Felix seems to be very clinical with his finishing which is very important in a team like Athletico who do not create too many scoring chances.
Yeah but that's not really what I'm saying. There is no guarantee that Joao Felix will live up to that price tag. He had a decent season where he was one of the more influential players in a benfica team that won the league.

But he's now expected to lead a Champions League candidates attack. If he can pull it off then that's fantastic and he no doubt looks like a big talent but there's a good reason why no other big club wanted to meet Benficas monetary demands. The risk is just simply too high for a player that hasn't shown his value at the highest level yet unlike Mbappe 2 years ago who'd already proven to be a fantastic player in Monacos CL run.

Reactions: van der star

Welbeckham

I think he will be an absolute superstar and that price tag will not look that bad in hindsight. There will of course be a lots of pressure on him now, but he’s outrageously talented and in my opinion worth the risk.

Kemizee

He's better than Sancho IMO. Just as talented, if not more, whilst also being a more intelligent player. The maturity in his game is very impressive for his age.
But Sancho is English..... Does that not automatically translate to being better for some on here?

Dolf

Atletico's attackers always become world class. Also it's what a top club should do. If you sell your best player you should use all that money to get a new one. Even if it's a little risky.

Baneofthegame

Atletico's attackers always become world class. Also it's what a top club should do. If you sell your best player you should use all that money to get a new one. Even if it's a little risky.
Martinez? Lemar? Vietto?

Hopefully for them he is more in the mould of Aguero, Falcao and Griezmann.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Can somebody edit the title? It's Atletico and it's really annoying me :lol:

@Damien

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Atletico’s next star striker. They will make a profit on him in the near future.
Might be worth letting him kick a ball for them first before we declare him their next superstar.

future2future

Is there anything that can be done to reverse the madness nowadays concerning transfer fees? I mean sure we all can see Felix is a big talent but 126 mil for a player that only played regular first team football this year and still has so much to learn. Where and when does it end?

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
The sort of lesser clubs are really benefiting from the prices. Ten years ago the same player would probably be about 30 million. Now he is 120 million. Benefica have earned a fortune without their bills increasing by much i would guess.

Nick.

All you guys saying this is a stupid fee would wank yourselves unconscious if we got Sancho for the same price

Neil_Buchanan

Cock'd
I like Atletico (mostly because they are not Barca or Real) but part of me hopes this transfer doesn't work out well for them. The market is only going one way but for the good of the sport we need the least amount of unproven youngsters moving for 100 million plus fees as possible.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
What I really don't get is how Benfica seem to have so much money that they can just turn down anything lower than this fee. Surely 120m is like most of their revenue?

JoaquinJoaquin

I like Atletico (mostly because they are not Barca or Real) but part of me hopes this transfer doesn't work out well for them. The market is only going one way but for the good of the sport we need the least amount of unproven youngsters moving for 100 million plus fees as possible.
Why? If anything you should hope it does work out, and help the prevention of the Barca \ Real monopoly.

bijitaq

Supports
S. L. Benfica
What I really don't get is how Benfica seem to have so much money that they can just turn down anything lower than this fee. Surely 120m is like most of their revenue?
It's not a matter of having lots of money. It's that the President of the club has gotten lots of pushback for selling some of our young talent like Bernardo, Cancelo and Oblak (just too name a few) as soon as there were offers. He has now stated that the future of the club is on our youth development and vowed to do anything he can to keep our homegrown talent. Of course that's mainly bullshit but this offer from Atletico allows him to save face. It's as simple as that. Most Benfica supporters would like to keep Felix but an offer of this magnitude insulates the President from heavy criticism.

redshaw

They probably bank on other people seeing the talent in him as they do.

I wouldn't let this kid go for less than 120m, he looks like an agile RVN in the making. I wouldn't blink an eye if we bought him but of course it's a gamble. 30m 18 year old Rooney in 2004 and 110m now in 2019 for the next prodigy doesn't seem like much if you get it right.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.