Joao Felix

Malone_Post

If we had owners with any kind of ambition we would have got this lad in January & would potentially be in a title race. Instead we got Weghorst & are in a battle for top 4.

Vapor trail

If we had owners with any kind of ambition we would have got this lad in January & would potentially be in a title race. Instead we got Weghorst & are in a battle for top 4.
I don't think people acknowledge how bad a loanee Weghorst is.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
I would love him at United. What a luxury player should be, not like Sancho

RopersReturn

Great little player, pity the ref didn’t spot Tawkovsky attempt to throttle him just out side the box last night.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Great little player, pity the ref didn’t spot Tawkovsky attempt to throttle him just out side the box last night.
I guess the ref saw it and played advantage but surely should have at least been a yellow?

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
Wouldn't love his returns.
He was never meant or expected to outscore Salah and Mané, ~15G10A is a regular Benzema season until CR left Madrid.

Hasn't been at that level for a a while but would certainly be an upgrade for us even now. Not that it is saying much, but get someone like peak Firmino in the summer and I'd be delighted.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Chelsea have been hit and miss but his class stands out whenever they play. Got a touch like gold.

If Osimhen isnt doable then I'd be more than happy with him as the backup. He's not as good as Kane but is significantly younger and can give us 5+ strong years.
Please no. He’s not a centre forward and he’s not a wide player. Surely we can find another to play the role properly across Europe if the only two caftard choices are not possible? This chap is a 10/SS and unless we are binning Bruno it wouldn’t make any sense.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Superb player. The way he carries the ball and keeps it under pressure is great to watch. I was pretty disappointed Atletico bought him for as much as they did as I thought it ruled him out of ever coming here, but that's not the case anymore.

Forget about his stats. His general play will improve us so much. Bar Martial who can't stay fit, we don't have any attackers with his qualities. Maybe Garnacho eventually, but who knows.

SirReginald

Supports
Chelsea
Please no. He’s not a centre forward and he’s not a wide player. Surely we can find another to play the role properly across Europe if the only two caftard choices are not possible? This chap is a 10/SS and unless we are binning Bruno it wouldn’t make any sense.
And the games you have played Weghorst at 10? It’s clear as day that ETH wanted him, better suited to your style than Weghorst and competition for Bruno is a good thing, when Bruno is bad.. he is bad..

It likely came down to the cost of the deal, which is pretty fecking terrible but so was Weghorst. You paid 3mil for a championship level player.

amolbhatia50k

And the games you have played Weghorst at 10? It’s clear as day that ETH wanted him, better suited to your style than Weghorst and competition for Bruno is a good thing, when Bruno is bad.. he is bad..

It likely came down to the cost of the deal, which is pretty fecking terrible but so was Weghorst. You paid 3mil for a championship level player.
That’s a stop gap situation. You don’t build a squad and make big signings on the basis of that. I absolutely don’t mind adding him to the squad if we didn’t have a lot of existing problems. An alternative for Bruno? Sure thing. But that’s not a priority ahead of CF, RB, CMs and GK. We’d need a cheap signing for the AM /SS rotational player.

tenpoless

He won't be the first choice CF long term even if he was loaned to us instead of Chelsea. Never a goal scorer and not a player to lead the line.

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
Stevenage
Great player but reminds me of a few we have had in that, hes not a 9, not a 10, not an 8 and not a winger, for me he is a 2nd striker in a 90s 4-4-2 and he would be amazing but I dont see anyone using those tactics to utilise his strengths

TheReligion

Abusive

You won’t see the difference between paying £3m and £16m I’m sure because you’ve spent over half a billion this season alone.

The Felix deal (along with him signing a new contract at Madrid and getting zero option to buy) is arguably one of the worst loan deals in the history of football.

Its no wonder Boehly was the only person interested in the deal.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
You won’t see the difference between paying £3m and £16m I’m sure because you’ve spent over half a billion this season alone.

The Felix deal (along with him signing a new contract at Madrid and getting zero option to buy) is arguably one of the worst loan deals in the history of football.

Its no wonder Boehly was the only person interested in the deal.
We needed goals and on that basis it made sense as Pulisic got injured just before the window.

Getting a buy option at €100m same as none. He's not worth close to Atletico valuation.

A lot of our transfers have been questionable. They're aimed at medium term, not instant success.

Remains to be seem how Clearlakes strategy for the club plays out.

TheReligion

Abusive
We needed goals and on that basis it made sense as Pulisic got injured just before the window.

Getting a buy option at €100m same as none. He's not worth close to Atletico valuation.

A lot of our transfers have been questionable. They're aimed at medium term, not instant success.

Remains to be seem how Clearlakes strategy for the club plays out.
Oh of course it perhaps made sense to you, as did the silly money involved, but certainly not to United given we are trying to move away from things like that.

Chief123

If that was the purpose of the loan, I’m not sure it can be called a successful loan when he’s scored 2 goals and 0 assists in 9 appearances so far. For £16m. It was a ridiculous loan deal which only Chelsea were willing to do because they were in a desperate situation.

SmashedHombre

Memberus Anonymous & Legendus
I don't think he has the mentality to be a great player. I'm not sure he consistently works hard enough for a team looking to chase multiple trophies, and he's not good enough to have the team built around him. Did he even break a sweat in the last 30 minutes? Technically very good, but he won't be the answer to Chelsea's goalscoring problems.

jakko

Supports
Chelsea
Sell Mount and use the funds to buy Felix.

marktan

If that was the purpose of the loan, I’m not sure it can be called a successful loan when he’s scored 2 goals and 0 assists in 9 appearances so far. For £16m. It was a ridiculous loan deal which only Chelsea were willing to do because they were in a desperate situation.
Tbf he's hit the post about 5 times too. The Pogba 2019 special.

Chief123

Tbf he's hit the post about 5 times too. The Pogba 2019 special.
I actually like him and think he’s a brilliant talent. However, I can’t help but notice he seems to be involved in heck of a lot which normally leads to nothing. He’s always so close but yet so far. I do think he is a quality player though.

Supports
Chelsea
Talented player but has a tendency to disappear for large stretches of a match. Potter's terrible subs don't help either, completely kill the attack.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
Said for ages but he'd be one of my first choice signings, I think he's class and I'm glad he's getting some recognition now. He needs to be away from Atletico and in a good team that fights for trophies, so he can showcase his talents on the biggest stage.

I think it's unlikely that we'll get him, think he'll sign for Chelsea and they'll sort their shit out eventually, at which point he'll probably get lots of plaudits.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
I wouldn't call it successful, I can see why the owners did it though.

Felix shouldn't have left Benfica so soon and especially not for Atletico. I doubt anyone will pay even 50m for him. I expect we'll send him back. He'll be stuck at Atletico largely on the bench till 2027..?

I guess if Simeone does leave, possibly the new manager will totally change their style to something that suits his game.

Chief123

I wouldn't call it successful, I can see why the owners did it though.

Felix shouldn't have left Benfica so soon and especially not for Atletico. I doubt anyone will pay even 50m for him. I expect we'll send him back. He'll be stuck at Atletico largely on the bench till 2027..?

I guess if Simeone does leave, possibly the new manager will totally change their style to something that suits his game.
I do wonder what will happen with him at the end of the season. He’s a player a lot of clubs would want. I’m just not sure Felix, Nkunku and Havertz can fit in the same team. Especially the first two. They all want to operate in the same spaces. I would be surprised if Chelsea spent big to keep Felix. It would be better spent on an out and out striker.

Calidad

Supports
Hibernian
He’s scored 4 goals in 30 appearances for Portugal, so it isn’t just at Atletico that he has struggled.

He has good ability on the ball, but he flatters to deceive and doesn’t have a defined position. But if Chelsea are prepared to spend £80m on Murdyk (who has done nothing) and £100m on Enzo (who’s done a bit more), then I’m sure they’ll throw £100m on Felix too.

RopersReturn

He’s scored 4 goals in 30 appearances for Portugal, so it isn’t just at Atletico that he has struggled.

He has good ability on the ball, but he flatters to deceive and doesn’t have a defined position. But if Chelsea are prepared to spend £80m on Murdyk (who has done nothing) and £100m on Enzo (who’s done a bit more), then I’m sure they’ll throw £100m on Felix too.
Chelsea have spent a fortune introducing a lot of players over a short period of time, but you know as well I that it’ll take a while for them to settle and once they click they’ll more than likely be formidable.

If you want to identify weak signings then obviously beside Lukaku I’d say Gallagher’s been the biggest flop.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Chelsea have spent a fortune introducing a lot of players over a short period of time, but you know as well I that it’ll take a while for them to settle and once they click they’ll more than likely be formidable.

If you want to identify weak signings then obviously beside Lukaku I’d say Gallagher’s been the biggest flop.
You mean the Gallagher who has been in Chelsea’s academy since he was 8 years old?

amolbhatia50k

Said for ages but he'd be one of my first choice signings, I think he's class and I'm glad he's getting some recognition now. He needs to be away from Atletico and in a good team that fights for trophies, so he can showcase his talents on the biggest stage.

I think it's unlikely that we'll get him, think he'll sign for Chelsea and they'll sort their shit out eventually, at which point he'll probably get lots of plaudits.
One of your first choice signings would be a second striker?

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Yeah but he’s spent most of his time on loan, including a season at Palace which seems to have had an effect on his overall quality.
But you called a player who came through the academy a weak signing.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
One of your first choice signings would be a second striker?
Yes. We need better footballers, and he absolutely is just that. We don't even need an out and out goalscorer in my opinion, JF would get enough through the middle AND be a great foil to our inverted wingers, who will score lots of goals. Look at the positions WW takes up, he's a foil for others but unfortunately he's quite average and misses big chances.

amolbhatia50k

Yes. We need better footballers, and he absolutely is just that. We don't even need an out and out goalscorer in my opinion, JF would get enough through the middle AND be a great foil to our inverted wingers, who will score lots of goals. Look at the positions WW takes up, he's a foil for others but unfortunately he's quite average and misses big chances.
Depressing thought. No we need a number 9 with a strikers instinct who can provide some aerial threat and hold the ball up bringing others in. Not a psuedo striker who huffs and puffs more than he does anything useful.

I quite like Felix but if he’s your CF you don’t win anything of signicance. I’d rather have a fully fit Martial there. I’d have him in a 10 as a Bruno alternative but only if he can commit to tracking back etc

Either way I think we have too many holes in our squad to have an attitude of “we need better footballers”. No we need signings that are spot on and fix an issue decisively.