Joe Riley

SirFergie

Can't see a thread for this kid so just going to create one.

I reckon this kid is going to be seriously good. The youth games I've seen, he's been one of the stand out players in each one along with Mitchell.

His ability to pick the ball up and run with it is invaluable and is perfect for an attacking modern full-back.

I know he's only young but I reckon he should be considered one of our brightest youth prospects.

DeMono

Can't see a thread for this kid so just going to create one.

I reckon this kid is going to be seriously good. The youth games I've seen, he's been one of the stand out players in each one along with Mitchell.

His ability to pick the ball up and run with it is invaluable and is perfect for an attacking modern full-back.

I know he's only young but I reckon he should be considered one of our brightest youth prospects.
Please let him be a right back...

SirFergie

He's played right-back when I've seen him and he was impressive. Carried the ball with ease and committed players with is what you want.

jb8521

Played on the right of midfield a lot last year but from what I've seen I think right back is his best position because he has such a good engine. Really useful player who has a great attitude and can turn a game when things arent going well for the team through his attitude and drive

khoazany

He would be perfect for the wing-back role I reckon.Has pace,skills,engine and good close control.Defensively decent and isn't one-dimensional in attack like Valencia.He's a good RW as well but not good enough to make a top career out of it.

I was saying in the last game that I think he's a better prospect than Janko.Same attributes but Janko looks quite a headless chicken at times (not saying he can't improve on that).Look forward to see how he develops in the next few years.

SirFergie

I thought you were talking about that guy who played for Bolton at first. So, do not want. Would not fix the defense at all.
Why the feck would I be talking about someone who played for Bolton? :lol:

I think he could do well in the wing-back role, if the first team are still playing that way by the time he comes to be given a chance.

MJJ

He would be perfect for the wing-back role I reckon.Has pace,skills,engine and good close control.Defensively decent and isn't one-dimensional in attack like Valencia.He's a good RW as well but not good enough to make a top career out of it.

I was saying in the last game that I think he's a better prospect than Janko.Same attributes but Janko looks quite a headless chicken at times (not saying he can't improve on that).Look forward to see how he develops in the next few years.
Thats not completely fair though, Janko has been played out of position for the majority of his reserve career. Although it remains to be seen if the reason he impressed at a lower level was his superior physical gifts.

khoazany

Thats not completely fair though, Janko has been played out of position for the majority of his reserve career. Although it remains to be seen if the reason he impressed at a lower level was his superior physical gifts.
I've seen him played RB for the U18s at the start of his United career and it's the same thing attacking-wise.It's definitely the biggest flaw of his game so far.

StephenH

I think this could be a factor with Janko. He's been good this year. Its his fitness that's stood out to me this season, he's up and down that touchline like an energiser bunny. Needs to improve his crossing though.

As for Joe, I like him. He's equally good at RB or RM. He's played in midfield last couple games. I'd like to see him beat his man a bit more, but he does look a class act. We've a good crop of U18s this yr. A good cup run would be nice.

khoazany

2 assists for Croskery's goals vs. Everton made it 9 assists for him already this season.Coming along nicely.

LR7

His all round play and delivery into the box from wide areas, was brilliant yesterday. He plays really positively, gets us on the front foot and is difficult for the opposition to handle.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Gets more convincing with every game I see. Would love to see a real old fashioned winger like him come through in some ways.

khoazany

Gets more convincing with every game I see. Would love to see a real old fashioned winger like him come through in some ways.
Old fashioned name as well.That'll do.Too many Januzaj and Zelalem out there these days.Wilson,Pearson,McNair and him in the first team would sound like a team from 1950s.

TwoSheds

Joe Rothwell is a good, solid name too. And Donald Love, Charlie Scott, Callum Gribbin... Shame Jack Rudge never made it, proper name that.

jb8521

Heard he might be travelling with the squad for the Midtjylland game

Cerpin

Yep, he has. He's been playing as a left back for the U21s? Is he right-footed? Makes sense as Borthwick could probably use a rest.

westlife4ever

Yep, he has. He's been playing as a left back for the U21s? Is he right-footed? Makes sense as Borthwick could probably use a rest.
Being used as a right-footed left back. Think he's done really well there after CBJ's promotion.

Love those dashing runs of his down the left flank. You can tell from his moves in 1 on 1 situation that he started up as a winger. But defensively he's still got a lot to learn imo.

Last edited:

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
Suddenly left back is looking like one of our strongest areas in terms of both talent and depth. Perhaps Riley could get a shot at right back, think he'd have more of a chance there. Can't see him squeezing past cbj at the moment as he's impressing himself.

Sid234

He might start in the EL game.. No CBJ in the squad I think. Either Blind starts at LB with McNair at CB or Riley gets his debut. Also looks like Love will start at RB

Cerpin

Being used as a right-footed left back. Think he's done really well there after CBJ's promotion.

Love those dashing runs of his down the left flank. You can tell from his moves in 1 on 1 situation that he started up as a winger. But defensively he's still got a lot to learn imo.
Nice. Would be fun to see him get a start! Not a bad game to get your debut in either -- relatively low-pressure game.

TwoSheds

Good lad. Bullying the Shrewsbury winger with his size and pace so far.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
Looked a little hesitant at first but quickly found his feet. Made some nice runs with the ball as well as some off the ball runs which were never picked out. He is a speedy fecker, has made some fantastic runs for the u21s lately.

The Stain

Soccer Manager's Highwayman
Has he played right back at all? Him and CBJ as backups perhaps?

Devil may care

He's big and quick but is pretty light footed when moving with the ball, very comfortable debut.