Joe Rothwell

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
Every bit as talented as Pearson in my opinion. Smart, quick, energetic and skillful. He captained England in the Victory Shield a few years back but has missed a lot of footie since with a pelvic injury. An injury free run from the end of last season until now has seen him re-emerge as a serious prospect. Went off with a knock against Arsenal but hopefully it's nothing serious as he's getting better by the game now.

Eric'sCollar

Asked for his wife's permission before signing up
Nicky Butt has spoken very highly of him on a few occasions. Will be interesting to see how he develops.

Ringo 07

Rothwell looks like everything we lack at the moment for the Number 8 position albeit he is a few years away from the first team....he's an impressive young box to box player that drives forward and has bundles of skill to beat a player and score from range...Hope he can fulfill his potential as he looks the part

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Every bit as talented as Pearson in my opinion. Smart, quick, energetic and skillful. He captained England in the Victory Shield a few years back but has missed a lot of footie since with a pelvic injury. An injury free run from the end of last season until now has seen him re-emerge as a serious prospect. Went off with a knock against Arsenal but hopefully it's nothing serious as he's getting better by the game now.
More talented than Pearson for me. He's got everything in his locker I think.

Collina

I really rate him as well. And the best part: He's from Manchester. Hopefully he'll avoid injuries in the next few years.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
I sound like a twat saying this when I'm only 20 years of age, but he has a good name. Old-fashioned footballer-esque. So does Ben Pearson. Excited to see how far both will go within the next 5 year period.

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
I don't think so. He's a great prospect with a wonderful all round game but Pearson is on another level.
A couple of months ago I would have agreed with you but Rothwell's come on in leaps and bounds lately and seems to have taken the step up to the u21s quicker and easier than Pearson. If they both stay injury free it will be very interesting to see who ends up the better player.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
There's another fella someone posted a thread on, in our u/21's who looked very talented...uhhhmmm...CM, sweet left peg I think. Looks (:lol:) & plays similar to Carrick but comes across a bit pacier and a good shot on him.

I think the highlight reel was against Oldham. Can anyone help me with a name?

Edit: I'm talking about U/18 Sean Goss.

Joemo

whistling in the wind
There's another fella someone posted a thread on, in our u/21's who looked very talented...uhhhmmm...CM, sweet left peg I think. Looks (:lol:) & plays similar to Carrick but comes across a bit pacier and a good shot on him.

Sean Goss, mate.

Genius Me!

Proud EE fan, 10k club member & NSFW crew member

Sean Goss?

lysglimt

Scout
I guess Cristiano Ronaldo, Lionel Messi, Luis Suarez, Robin Van Persie aren't 'Old-fashioned footballer-esque' names
Bloody no-good foreigners - not prepared to take one for king and country

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
Really? Great news. Not least as it means the injury he picked against Arse was nothing serious.

jb8521

Great to see him kicking on and being rewarded after all his injury problems

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
It's Rothwell IMO.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Thanks for that.

I found it hard in my first year but had learned how to cope a little bit better by the second year. I’d never been injured like that before – I’d had injuries but nothing like as major as the one I had. I did find it quite difficult. The club put me on shutdown for three months so I couldn’t come in. I just sat at home, not really doing anything. It killed me. It wasn’t good.
Bloody hell. What happened to him?

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
Not sure but I think it was some sort of pelvic injury.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
Ah. Thanks.

I've often thought it's lucky that more young footballers don't have a season derailed by glandular fever. They'd be a prime age to get struck down and it can take months and months to get back to anywhere near feeling normal, never mind performing as an elite athlete.

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
He had a few bad injuries and glandular fever
I don't think Rothwell had glandular fever. Pearson did and then some blogger mixed them up and - voilà - so did Joe. Nor do I think he had more than one bad injury and the bad one he had was a pelvic injury so, hopefully, it won't cause him trouble in the future the way a dodgy knee or ankle might have.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
It was pelvic injury that wrecked Petrucci's career (well, might have anyway) wasn't it?

Didn't Gerrard suffer from something similar at a young age?

Pelvic injuries must be a bugger, as they'll throw out the biomechanics of both of your legs when you run. Must presdispose you to lots of muscular injuries for a while after.

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
It was pelvic injury that wrecked Petrucci's career (well, might have anyway) wasn't it?

Pelvic injuries must be a bugger, as they'll throw out the biomechanics of both of your legs when you run. Must presdispose you to lots of muscular injuries for a while after.
That's a good point. He has limped off in a few games this season but he's always been back for the next one.

jb8521

I don't think Rothwell had glandular fever. Pearson did and then some blogger mixed them up and - voilà - so did Joe. Nor do I think he had more than one bad injury and the bad one he had was a pelvic injury so, hopefully, it won't cause him trouble in the future the way a dodgy knee or ankle might have.
He had glandular fever as well as Pearson as far as I know thats the illness he talks about in that interview and why he wasnt coming into the club for 3 months. I think he actually spoke about it in his interview on MUTV a couple of weeks ago. His worst injury may have been pelvic but he also had knee ankle and hamstring injuries as well

Will Absolute

Interesting. Petrucci looks a little awkward to me since he came back - seems to have lost a little fluidity in his movement. Probably my imagination.

jb8521

Interesting. Petrucci looks a little awkward to me since he came back - seems to have lost a little fluidity in his movement. Probably my imagination.
I agree theres something stiff and robotic looking about his movement at times

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
He had glandular fever as well as Pearson as far as I know thats the illness he talks about in that interview and why he wasnt coming into the club for 3 months. I think he actually spoke about it in his interview on MUTV a couple of weeks ago. His worst injury may have been pelvic but he also had knee ankle and hamstring injuries as well
You're right, he does mention illness in the interview. I stand corrected, bud.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I know it's never possible to answer this but based what has been observed so far, who is the better player? Pearson or Rothwell? Who has the bigger chance?
Rothwell is, and always has, been the better player I believe.