Joe Rothwell

RB7N

Hope United has been asured that he'll get to play, not just sit on the bench.
A little stange perhaps that Rothwell gets a championship loan, while Pearson only gets a Ligue 1 loan.

Acole9

Outstanding
Good move a struggling Championship club. I'm sure he'll get his fair share of playing time there.

Eric'sCollar

Asked for his wife's permission before signing up
Senior football will be great for him if he can get it. Really needs it if he has any chance of getting his foot in the door at United.

RedMachine03

Poster of Articles
Lee Clark says new loan signing Joe Rothwell brings the 'Manchester United mentality' with him to Blackpool.

Rothwell was added to the Pool squad earlier this week, and the manager is expecting big things.

The 20-year-old progressed through the Old Trafford system and will now remain with Blackpool until May.

“He has a lot of talent,” said Clark. “He has the Manchester United mentality, the work ethic, the training. They train how they play.

“He is an exciting young player. I'd like to think he can do what young Jesse Lingard did for me at Birmingham.

“He’s a player we’re really excited about. I’ve seen him on numerous occasions playing in a three in centre-midfield or in one of the wide areas in a front three. He’s an exciting player, one we’re looking forward to working with.”

“I think he can add to us at the top end of the pitch. It's a young player with a lot to prove in the game, and that can only bode well for us.”

Last edited:

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
They had a 17 and 18 year old starting today who both had only played 20 minutes or so in the league. One of their wiki pages it says the two of them rejected contract offers a couple of weeks ago and were sent to play with the u18s by the chairman. I don't know but that looks like they've been played because they have signed contracts. Blackpool really is a mess if that is the case and they're being bullied by some 17/18 year olds.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
Good to see he got on at half time. I can't help but feel its going to be a bit of a disappointing loan though. Blackpool look shite, bottom of the table, the supporters are against the manager and owner and have been holding demonstrations at matches, there is the shit with their youth players contracts and overall it seems like a horrible environment to be. Hopefully Joe is just able to get on the pitch and do his stuff.

Sid234

Good to see he got on at half time. I can't help but feel its going to be a bit of a disappointing loan though. Blackpool look shite, bottom of the table, the supporters are against the manager and owner and have been holding demonstrations at matches, there is the shit with their youth players contracts and overall it seems like a horrible environment to be. Hopefully Joe is just able to get on the pitch and do his stuff.
I agree, was weird that we agreed to send Rothwell there.. I'm sure there would have been other clubs, at least League 1 teams ready to give him a chance. Will be a tough mental test for him off the pitch with all the chaos at that club

NoPace

I agree, was weird that we agreed to send Rothwell there.. I'm sure there would have been other clubs, at least League 1 teams ready to give him a chance. Will be a tough mental test for him off the pitch with all the chaos at that club
Most important thing is that the manager rate him (and I suppose the manager's job security). We only have the quotes above and 45 minutes now to assume that's the case, but it's something.

Our loan work is often a mess, though.

khoazany

Joining Hearts (SPL).About time for him to try to overcome those injuries/illness and resurrect his career.

MPTutd

He has checked into the Lowry with the rest of the squad so is clearly included in the squad for tonights game against Watford.

Sparky Rhiwabon

What happened to Ben Pearson? He was meant to be the next big thing out of our Academy and he must be gutted seeing all these other players getting an opportunity whilst he has been shipped off to the Championship

RB7N

What happened to Ben Pearson? He was meant to be the next big thing out of our Academy and he must be gutted seeing all these other players getting an opportunity whilst he has been shipped off to the Championship
Pearson moved to Preston North End in the January window. If it was because the manager/coaches didn't rate him or if it was because he wanted gametime I do not know.

Šjor Bepo

Wout is love, Wout is life; all hail Wout!
Oh my God yes! Didn't think I'd ever see this. Feck yeah, definitely getting a shirt with his name on it. Just need Harrop to get in now.
no chance he will play though :( hopefully he will be on the bench....

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
no chance he will play though :( hopefully he will be on the bench....
Even if Rothwell doesn't play it's still a good step up for him, shows he's doing something right and it should motivate him. Great for him to be here after all the bad luck he has had.

Sid234

If there's a player from the reserves who deserves a shot, it's Rothwell. Really hope he gets to come on and make an impact! I'm super stoked for him!

Šjor Bepo

Wout is love, Wout is life; all hail Wout!
He is on the bench. No reason he wouldn't play if we're winning
are you sure? Often younger players just "travel" with the match squad but they aint involved in the match.....but i hope you are right, i love Rothwell and he deserves a chance.

Gerald G

are you sure? Often younger players just "travel" with the match squad but they aint involved in the match.....but i hope you are right, i love Rothwell and he deserves a chance.
It's an 18 man squad. So he will be on the bench.