Joey Barton | Does a Schteve

Hitchcocker

I don't watch much of Newcastle this season but I was quite impressed to not see Joey Barton react to the Diaby provocation.

Thoughts?

holdsteady

Hates Sir Alex Ferguson
He's been Newcastle's most important player this season.

...I've actually kind of begun to like him a little :eek:...

M160RA

He is a thug, but I admire him as a player. The few times I've seen Newcastle play this season, Barton has always impressed me.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
I don't watch much of Newcastle this season but I was quite impressed to not to see Joey Barton react to the Diaby provocation.

Thoughts?
He's been brilliant this season for Newcastle but he's not completely left his thuggish behaviour behind him. He was no angel when he punched Pederson (?) in the stomach earlier this season.

Salvation

Damnation
One of the league's players of the season, let alone Newcastle's.

Plus, haven't seen him lose it once when roughed up. If anything, his demeanor while facing Karl Henry in the Wolves-Newcastle game should be a case study on how to maintain one's calm.

olesmyhero

Emmy Moses
One of the league's players of the season, let alone Newcastle's.

Plus, haven't seen him lose it once when roughed up. If anything, his demeanor while facing Karl Henry in the Wolves-Newcastle game should be a case study on how to maintain one's calm.
And his mustache should be a case study of how mustaches should be banned in addition to snoods.

gaffs

I like him. He would improve our midfield. In the right dressing room, with strong senior players, he would thrive.

If it wasnt for his off field problems, he would be a £15mil+ player with 30+ England caps.

Brophs

The One and Only
I like him. He would improve our midfield.

If it wasnt for his off field problems, he would be a £15mil+ player with 30+ England caps.
Absolutely agree. Like him or not, when he's on form and his head's right he's a really good player. But unfortunately there'll always be baggage.

gaffs

When he is interviewed, he comes across very well. Hes articulate, for a scouser, and always makes good points.

There must be something in his head that just clicks and he sees the red mist.

Brophs

The One and Only
When he is interviewed, he comes across very well. Hes articulate, for a scouser, and always makes good points.

There must be something in his head that just clicks and he sees the red mist.
Yeah, agree with that too. He did a piece either last season, or early in this, in the Times and he came across as a very intelligent guy. You can also hear in the way he speaks that he's had a lot of experience of counselling and so on. He's quite measured. Sadly for him his temperament lets him down, as does his behaviour with alcohol.

gaffs

Yeah, agree with that too. He did a piece either last season, or early in this, in the Times and he came across as a very intelligent guy. You can also hear in the way he speaks that he's had a lot of experience of counselling and so on. He's quite measured. Sadly for him his temperament lets him down, as does his behaviour with alcohol.
I think at United, under Fergie and surrounded by players like Rio, Giggs, Vidic etc, we wouldn't see that side of him.

If Fergie went for him, which he wont, I think he would be a big success.

IMO, he's better than Anderson & Gibson.

Carl

He's much better than Gibson and right now he's better than Anderson too. I wouldn't swap Barton for Anderson though.

He's a really good player but as others have already said he's a horrible cnut. Surely we don't want people like that at United.

Carl

Hitler was responsible for the death of 60mil+ people.

Bartons hasnt done all that much wrong. Hes been in a few fights, but he has served his time.
Jamie Bulger's killers have served their time, are they still cnuts?

Boss

Melodramatic, attention seeking space-attacker
I left you with enough memories to resurrect me wi
Hitler was responsible for the death of 60mil+ people.

Bartons hasnt done all that much wrong. Hes been in a few fights, but he has served his time.
his racist murdering half brother would be a better comparison to Hitler, nah what I mean is he doesn't have to do anything to me personally for me to not like him

he's a cowardly thug, keep him away from our club

2)

He's overrated, I don't know where it's coming from but it's here, people are overrating the feck out of him, Newcastle is his level, let him stay there

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
He has been one of their best players this season. He maybe what he is but he does a good job for them on the pitch.

MikeUpNorth

Wobbles like a massive pair of tits
Jamie Bulger's killers have served their time, are they still cnuts?
Not sure. One of them got into some trouble last year didn't he? Haven't heard about the other one since his release.

urinates in helmets
Supports
Berwick Rangers
As much as he's a cnut of the highest order, no, infact he is to measure of a cnut.... he's been having a blinding season for the Toonies. How much more he can improve is up to him. I think it would be a huge stretch for Reds to start to want to see him at OT

Boss

Melodramatic, attention seeking space-attacker
I left you with enough memories to resurrect me wi
Theres no reason why he wouldnt progress at a bigger club, providing he kept his temper in check.
he's not good enough for Manchester United

allow his temper for a second, ability wise, he's not good enough

the same poster that shits on Berbatov 24/7 reckons Joey Barton would be a 'BIG SUCCESS'

yeah right

Marching

Somehow still supports Leeds
Barton's having a good season for Newcastle but he's not good enough for MU.

Good enough to embarrass the Arsenal Pussies on Saturday though.

alastair

ignorant
Joey Barton is clearly a player of some quality, there is no doubt about that. But I rate him no higher than good, and although he'd get into the squads of a top five team, he probably wouldn't start in any of them.

Apparently, he's very appreciative of what Newcastle have done for him, because they stuck by him when he was in the news for the wrong reasons, and has stated that he would like to spend his career at the club. So let's hope he does.

Bryan_Munich

Aka RichieRich12
Joey Barton is clearly a player of some quality, there is no doubt about that. But I rate him no higher than good, and although he'd get into the squads of a top five team, he probably wouldn't start in any of them.

Apparently, he's very appreciative of what Newcastle have done for him, because they stuck by him when he was in the news for the wrong reasons, and has stated that he would like to spend his career at the club. So let's hope he does.
There's no doubt in my mind you lot wouldn't have blown a 4 goal lead if Barton had been in your midfield at the time.

alastair

ignorant
There's no doubt in my mind you lot wouldn't have blown a 4 goal lead if Barton had been in your midfield at the time.
Well that's impossible to say. There's no doubt in my mind that we wouldn't have blown a foul goal lead if the ref was competent, but that's for another thread. It's all ifs and buts. A side containing Joey Barton lost to Stevenage Town.