John Brooks

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Scouse cnut can feck off. Who was the linesman that didn't call the foul on Bruno for that Liverpool goal?

renatosanches85

Scouse cnut can feck off. Who was the linesman that didn't call the foul on Bruno for that Liverpool goal?
It wasn’t a foul though? Bruno needs to be stronger there imo. Fernandes perhaps lucky he didn’t get a second yellow for the tackle on Scob…….genuinely a shit ref though. The extra time added on at the end is actually worthy of investigation

SER19

It wasn’t a foul though? Bruno needs to be stronger there imo. Fernandes perhaps lucky he didn’t get a second yellow for the tackle on Scob…….genuinely a shit ref though. The extra time added on at the end is actually worthy of investigation
It was a foul. If it wasn't fernandes you wouldn't even be arguing it. He comes through him at full speed to win the ball and clatters his hip and his leg. A very simple foul, which people are ignoring because Bruno is so unpopular among our own and non United fans

Blood Mage

Wait, there are scousers claiming he was harsh on them today? He gave us feck all for most of the match.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Thought it was a clear foul to be honest.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
He had a 16 stone lump put all his weight through his back. He’s a football player not a power lifter.

renatosanches85

It was a foul. If it wasn't fernandes you wouldn't even be arguing it. He comes through him at full speed to win the ball and clatters his hip and his leg. A very simple foul, which people are ignoring because Bruno is so unpopular among our own and non United fans
I’m a big fan of Bruno tbh, doesn’t mean I can’t believe he should do better there and be stronger. I think last season he got the free kick against Arsenal and the goal was disallowed and the PGMOL came out to say it should have stood. Onana shouldn’t have been playing it short to AWB there, and at that stage of the game, to start it all off

dogwithabone

God knows where 4 minutes came from. It looked like he was waiting for Liverpool to score.

SER19

I’m a big fan of Bruno tbh, doesn’t mean I can’t believe he should do better there and be stronger. I think last season he got the free kick against Arsenal and the goal was disallowed and the PGMOL came out to say it should have stood. Onana shouldn’t have been playing it short to AWB there, and at that stage of the game, to start it all off
Its a foul. It's that simple

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
100% chance, he weighs 77kg. Google it
You do realise those Google weight reports are nonsense? There is no official public record of any player’s weight.

Lisandro Martinez is 23cm shorter than Joe Gomez and according to Google weighs…. 77kg.

SER19

The added time was ridiculous. The clock already turned 120 during the break for the winner.
exactly, i thought he was going to blow as we countered.

Watching parts on catch up again now, and honestly, its an appalling performance from the ref. Barely 5 minutes passes without a terrible decision

Adebisi's Hat

Supports
who do you feckin think ?
The one where I think it was Diaz went in high studs on Harry, I was waiting for a red and then he gives Liverpool a free kick :houllier:. 4 mins extra time too was mad, crap ref.:houllier:

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
"Be stronger" :lol:

It was such an obvious foul

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Added time in extra time was a genuine piss take. Horrible cnut.
5 minutes extra time from 15 minutes of football. Wouldn't we be getting 15 minutes extra at the end of regular halves of football with that logic?

I bet you could comb through the entirety of that second half of extra time and not find even 3 minutes of injury time. I might just do it.

SER19

back in to post a reminder of the bruno cross that literally flew off course after a lunging block by a liverpool defender, and the guy gave a throw to liverpool. One of about 20 inexplicably bad calls

SER19

5 minutes extra time from 15 minutes of football. Wouldn't we be getting 15 minutes extra at the end of regular halves of football with that logic?

I bet you could comb through the entirety of that second half of extra time and not find even 3 minutes of injury time. I might just do it.
4 minutes after a 45 minute second half. and he manages to add 4-5 after a 15 minute half.

Why, why, why, are there not refereeing reports a couple of days after games explaining things like this.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Gomez gets the ball first, Bruno is waiting for the contact. If we had a goal disallowed for that I can imagine what would be on here about the ref.
No he doesn't. Just rewatched it, he goes through Brunos thigh to get to the ball.

arnie_ni

What did he do wrong. Was only listening? Bruno was lucky not to be off from the commentary?

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

Adding on an extra 4 minutes stoppage time for a goal scored in the 120th minute was a fecking disgrace. If Amad puts that shot wide he 100% blows the FT whistle immediately afterwards. I'm not one for conspiracy theories but it did feel like he wanted Liverpool to win that game, as has been the case for most of the officiating in their games ever since the Diaz offside mistake vs Spurs in September.

HaliRed

The one where I think it was Diaz went in high studs on Harry, I was waiting for a red and then he gives Liverpool a free kick :houllier:. 4 mins extra time too was mad, crap ref.:houllier:
I think it was Mac Allister, who was already on a yellow, on Harry. I couldn't believe that call.

2 deflected goals against and a foul for their third, and we still won. Good times!

HappyCamper

Supports
Liverpool
Adding on an extra 4 minutes stoppage time for a goal scored in the 120th minute was a fecking disgrace. If Amad puts that shot wide he 100% blows the FT whistle immediately afterwards. I'm not one for conspiracy theories but it did feel like he wanted Liverpool to win that game, as has been the case for most of the officiating in their games ever since the Diaz offside mistake vs Spurs in September.
2(?) of the 4 minutes went to celebrate the last goal? Rashford scored another one, Kelleher got a yellow for timewasting, every throw in took forever and Liverpool also made a sub. Yet people call for investigation.

Most people are not "the one" for conspiracy theories but at the same time there is plenty of conspiracies going on, even for stuff that can be broken down in seconds.
Feelings trump objectivity and usually the eyes just see what the brain wants them to see.

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

2(?) of the 4 minutes went to celebrate the last goal? Rashford scored another one, Kelleher got a yellow for timewasting, every throw in took forever and Liverpool also made a sub. Yet people call for investigation.

Most people are not "the one" for conspiracy theories but at the same time there is plenty of conspiracies going on, even for stuff that can be broken down in seconds.
Feelings trump objectivity and usually the eyes just see what the brain wants them to see.
The goal was scored in the 121st minute wasn't it? So why do you need to factor in the 2 minutes celebration into stoppage time? If Amad puts the shot wide then the full time whistle is blown, but because he scores then that warrants more additional time? It makes no sense.

RedRocket9908

John Brookes did his bit trying to help Liverpool win today and failed

HappyCamper

Supports
Liverpool
The goal was scored in the 121st minute wasn't it? So why do you need to factor in the 2 minutes celebration into stoppage time? If Amad puts the shot wide then the full time whistle is blown, but because he scores then that warrants more additional time? It makes no sense.
A guy just broke it down in the VAR and refs-thread. Goal scored 120:07.
I would assume Brooks added 2min and all the original added time went to celebrating, so it obviously have to be factored in?
From 105:00 to 121:53 the match was stopped in 7mins and 27 seconds of it (or 5min 20 seconds before 120:00 if that is more preferable).
2 minutes of actual stoppage time sounds about right to me at least.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
Didn't think he did much wrong.

Second Liverpool goal was annoying. It wasn't a foul but it's one the linesman gives literally 99% of the time. If you don't give it once then don't give it for anyone and there isn't a problem. That's on the linesman though not the ref. If you repeatedly give those as fouls to the defending team as they nearly always do, players are entitled to fall over and expect one, and it looks like bias when you randomly choose to ignore one in every 100

Ref could have sent Bruno off. There wasn't really any controversial decision to make otherwise, luckily

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
Didn't think he did much wrong.

Second Liverpool goal was annoying. It wasn't a foul but it's one the linesman gives literally 99% of the time. If you don't give it once then don't give it for anyone and there isn't a problem. That's on the linesman though not the ref. If you repeatedly give those as fouls to the defending team as they nearly always do, players are entitled to fall over and expect one, and it looks like bias when you randomly choose to ignore one in every 100

Ref could have sent Bruno off. There wasn't really any controversial decision to make otherwise, luckily
So the Gomez and Mac Allistair ones were perfectly normal decisions to you?

Beyond those 2 relatively big ones (and the clear foul on Bruno for their goal), there were a million little things that all went their way - clear fouls close to their box not given for some reason, throw ins awarded the wrong way, lack of consistency in leniency shown for certain infringements...

It was an objectively terribly officiated game. But again, nothing will be made of it because we edged it.