Jonny Evans image 35

Jonny Evans Northern Ireland flag

2015-16 Performances

View full 2015-16 profile

Status
Not open for further replies.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
He's not leaving until we secure a legit defender it seems but two weeks should be enough time to come up with something.

Scorpy

Absolutely crapping it and loving it!
Wants to join Everton, according to Sky. Tottenham, WBA and Stoke want him as well.

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"
Wants to join Everton, according to Sky. Tottenham, WBA and Stoke want him as well.
That could hike up the fer we could get...sell to highest bidder....lets not allow EVerton to cleverely us again...he signs elsewhere or trains with the reserves....we need a hardline stance, we are being mugged in terms of transfer fees especially sales to them ...has to end

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
That could hike up the fer we could get...sell to highest bidder....lets not allow EVerton to cleverely us again...he signs elsewhere or trains with the reserves....we need a hardline stance, we are being mugged in terms of transfer fees especially sales to them ...has to end
The players we've taken from you in the past you have clearly not wanted. We've not mugged you off. You've payed highly for our players because they were a) Highly rated ala Rooney or b) we needed big money to purchase other players/they have came off the back of an excellent season ala Fellaini.

Getsme

To Cleverly us again?

That is a trerrible post by the way.

K2K

The players we've taken from you in the past you have clearly not wanted. We've not mugged you off. You've payed highly for our players because they were a) Highly rated ala Rooney or b) we needed big money to purchase other players/they have came off the back of an excellent season ala Fellaini.
I'm not saying the wrong has been on your part...its been on ours for allowing that...and even when unwanted, they were very good players below market value...which sets a precedent...i think thats what led to everton low balling us when we had already agreed a much higher fee with Villa...we need to reset the expectations...and woody and kenwright dont seem to have a good relationship either

K2K

To Cleverly us again?

That is a trerrible post by the way.
we had recieved and accepted an 8 mil fee with villa , when everton came in with a much lower fee, and the player then refused to move..we were then forced to loan him even though he had a year left on his contract.

Thanks for the concern. The word is 'terrible' btw

Last edited:

Getsme

we had recieved and accepted an 8 mil fee with villa , when everton came in with a much lower fee, and the player then refused to move..we were then forced to loan him even though he had a year left on his contract.

Thanks for the concern. The word is 'terrible' btw
No we didn't.

Shimo

If Everton want him - would let him go. Nothing to do with Stones but, he really needs a change of scenery. I still think with a shot of confidence, he can be a quality CB for a team like Everton. I just don't see him getting his confidence back here, the fans I think are ready to turn on him soon as he makes a mistake and he probably realizes that - which will just make him scared on the pitch.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
We have to realise that we'd be giving Everton Stones' replacement as he goes to Chelsea. Ergo, we'd be strengthening a rival.

Get maximum amount possible from Evans to make it at least worth it. Or heck, just get Stones ourselves and give money plus Jonny :wenger:

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Don't even think about it without securing a proper defender. We offloaded Nani and RvP too quickly I think without knowing what's ahead of us but this time we should just take actions before making a decision to get rid players too quickly. The sake of minimizing the risk if you will.

Yes, Evans looks not too sharp these days but right now Jones is fecked on the start of the season. Complications, nothing new.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Bit of chatter down South that he's signed for Saints.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Bit of chatter down South that he's signed for Saints.
Would be a good move for him if so. It seems evident that he's not going to feature in our future plans, so it'd be a real shame if he's spending some of the main years of his career struggling to play football. He'll likely get some game time at Southampton, and it'll be good for him to feature for a side who could easily push for a decent top half finish again.

Brophs

The One and Only
That'd be a fantastic move for him. Hopefully it's true. Koeman could be a good manager to learn from for him.

Cantona'sCollar

That'd be a fantastic move for him. Hopefully it's true. Koeman could be a good manager to learn from for him.
Indeed. Koeman remains one of the greatest CBs of all-time, and seems to be a competent manager who plays good football. For all the **** Evans takes on this forum, let's not forget about the talent he has. He showed his capabilities in that 2008-2011 period whenever one of Rio or Vida were absent, so his decline is exactly just that - a decline. He wasn't always this bad. He was once a very reliable back-up defender and perhaps he will rediscover some form at another club, if he sorts himself out mentally. He isn't United first XI quality (though he once looked like he would be our future CB for many years) but he receives far too much criticism for the [admittedly] terrible last two seasons he has had.

It seems his departure is a done deal. He's served us well and has always appeared to be dedicated and professional. I've met him & can say he is a nice person, too. I wish him the best of luck wherever he goes.

ZDwyr

Yeah I'd probably rather he went to Southampton than Everton. Purely because if he went to Everton it would mean Stones goes to Chelsea.

Loublaze

ATLien
Yeah I'd probably rather he went to Southampton than Everton. Purely because if he went to Everton it would mean Stones goes to Chelsea.
If we're not in for Stones I don't see why this should bother anyone. Its inevitable that he'll join Chelsea if they keep up their interest and keep offering more for him

ZDwyr

If we're not in for Stones I don't see why this should bother anyone. Its inevitable that he'll join Chelsea if they keep up their interest and keep offering more for him
I'd prefer to delay it as long as possible though, considering how poor Chelsea look in defence at the moment.

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
If I was a mid table prem club I would be in for him for sure. Patchy form for a couple of seasons, but before that he looked very high class and with regular football he could easily be a top PL defender for many years to come.

Dans

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Evans. I think he's doing very well on the bench.

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
£6m rising to £8m.

Really thought he would be our best defender when van Gaal was announced. Just seemed an ideal fit compared to Smalling and Jones. Now I'm not sure who we'll miss more - him or his wife (MUTV presenter Helen McConnell)...

What a sad state of affairs for Jonny. Thanks for the medals and sterling performances throughout his career, it's a shame it's ended like this but we should all wish him the best and hope he can rejuvenate his career with Pulis.

Status
Not open for further replies.