View full 2023-24 profile

5.6 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

massey

I gave him some criticism at first after the arsenal game I think mainly due to the fact I thought he was past it and how our standards have dropped soo much we have to bring in past players of his age and not invest etc but I hold my hands up and have to acknowledge that display today was top class defending and if used in some games he can still do a job well played johnny I guess coming from the last era of a once winning team shows sometimes its a shame he's back with a far inferior one now.

Trequarista10

City wanted him a few years ago...

Evans should never have been sold when he was.
One of LVG's worst decisions. We ended up with Blackett and McNair in the team.

And Rafael, Nani, Hernandez, and to a lesser extent arguably even Welbeck, Fletcher and Januzaj, all shipped out hastily. But letting Evans go was ridiculous.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Other than (genuinely) brings in "good feeling" factor, his performance has been absolutely quality.

United888

Very good performance. At his current age, Jonny is still better than Lindelof and Bailly and offers much more value for money than Maguire. I think it sums up how bad our recruitment and the sporting director had been. We don’t know how to spend money and value players at all.

NoPace

Great game. He's the perfect back up. What else do we want? He came on a free, probably on low wages, and putting an excellent performance in Anfield. Arguably our best signing this summer as far as value is concerned.
Yeah, it's depressing to think that the right free transfers could have put up better performances than some of our big money signings this season:

Lerma - Casemiro
Evans - Lindelof
Kamada - Mount

Casemiro probably wasn't being sold, but selling Lindelof and not buying Mount and we're up like 70M or so is my guess (big Kamada wage package to get him over Napoli, so let's say about half the Lindelof fee is gone).

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Great game. He's the perfect back up. What else do we want? He came on a free, probably on low wages, and putting an excellent performance in Anfield. Arguably our best signing this summer as far as value is concerned.
He's easily been our best signing of the summer regardless of value. It's not particularly close either for me!

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
He has been very good whenever he played, very good signing for a back up position who can perform to decent level.

Herman Toothrot

He was good, as he has been since he came back. A nice bonus. It was good to see him having a word with Mainoo and being the senior pro, even if in my mind I still see Evans as a promising youngster....

Oscar Bonavena

Should definitely now be ahead of Lindelof in the pecking order for the rest of the season. A great presence to have in the squad.

BorisManUtd

Turns 36 in January. He's been really impressive since coming back given his age. Martinez, Varane, Maguire, Evans, Lindelof + Shaw. We have good group of CBs. Hope that can give us platform for better 2nd part of the season.

Kostov

Thanks LVG for selling Evans for peanuts while splashing money on Rojo.

Jokes aside, Evans is absolute top notch option to have. Great game.

BorisManUtd

Thanks LVG for selling Evans for peanuts while splashing money on Rojo.

I hated LvG's transfers (more in hindsight though). Sold Rafael, Evans, Kagawa, Zaha, Nani, Chicharito, Welbeck. Most of those had decent careers afterwards and could've been useful players for us if we kept them.

Alemar

On merit, I would think he should be 4th option - ahead of Lindelof (but behind Martinez, Varane and Maguire)

lex talionis

One of LVG's worst decisions. We ended up with Blackett and McNair in the team.

And Rafael, Nani, Hernandez, and to a lesser extent arguably even Welbeck, Fletcher and Januzaj, all shipped out hastily. But letting Evans go was ridiculous.
Agreed. I was angry at the time what that clown gutted our squad and with the passage of time LVG’s looks more and more like the beginning of a Dark Age for United that extended through Ole’s reign.

Evans was excellent yesterday.

IRN-BRUno

Perfect guy to have around the side really, he's an excellent professional who's spent enough time at the club to understand the standards required, a good leader and happy to be a squad player. In a tough period like we've had I've no doubt he's someone who can calm everyone down and keep the squad together. Despite that I was against his signing because I felt he wasn't good enough to still be playing at this level but he's proving me wrong so far.

arthurka

I was waiting for this pairing to happen, both players pretty solid on the ball ooze experience and good readers of the game. If I was ETH I would try this lineup again, both controlled the line very well and kept Shaw and Dalot focusing on their tasks.
Casemiro and Mainoo plus a solid striker would do this group good.

Jericho

Last senior CB standing. Thank feck we got him in. And to think how many people were outraged at us bringing him in as 5th choice.

LInkash

This old man young man pairing is doing well so far. It's like things have gone full circle for Evans.

Ekeke

Did a good job under the circumstances and I feel like he's one of our more confident passers from CB, happy to play a long pass with either foot to bypass midfield and try to find an attacking player

Bobski

Dude has done great given that he was brought out of semi retirement.