Jorge Mendes and Wolverhampton Wanderers

Art Vandelay

Started the season very well. Think we’ll do what I said at the start 8-12th. Would love to push for 7th
If you consistently pick up points and then invest again in January then pushing for 7th isn't at all outlandish. You seem to have a decent team and everything below top 6 is wide open.

DanWWFC

Supports
Wolves
If you consistently pick up points and then invest again in January then pushing for 7th isn't at all outlandish. You seem to have a decent team and everything below top 6 is wide open.
I think we’re already picking up points consistently, drew with two of the top 4, beat all the teams who we’d expect to be around expect Leicester which was while we were stil gelling. Unbeaten in 6 now too, Watford a big test.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout

Apparently replacement is also Mendes player.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
You should see what he does in Portugal with Benfica and Braga.

Hate this guy.
To be fair running two big clubs, the national team, the federation and half of the sports magazines should be admired.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
To be fair running two big clubs, the national team, the federation and half of the sports magazines should be admired.
He’s a crooked as they come and for that reason I could give a feck less about him.

Footballing world will be better when he is no longer a part of it.

dev1l

Yet Another nasty agent. Most of them are scumbags anyway.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Should be some sort of investigation into him.

But as no-one can even pin anything on Man City, there's not much chance of this guy getting found out!

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Signing Fabio Silva for 35m from Porto. :lol: 15 games last season, 1 goal.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
You won’t be laughing when you see him play.

Been following him since U18 level and he’s an all round striker and has been lethal at youth level.

This is exactly the kind of player I’d expect Real Madrid to come in for in 2 years time.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine

Been following him since U18 level and he’s an all round striker and has been lethal at youth level.

This is exactly the kind of player I’d expect Real Madrid to come in for in 2 years time.
Yup, have a feeling this guy will be a star, highly thought of at Porto, although not at wolves, the way they play doesn't suit him.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
Yup, have a feeling this guy will be a star, highly thought of at Porto, although not at wolves, the way they play doesn't suit him.
He has everything you’d want in a striker and I think he’ll be fine at Wolves given a season to bulk up.

Mic

No doubt, he's a great youngster, only 18 but just won the UEFA Youth League, Portuguese League and Portuguese Cup

+
Best new youngster U19 2018/19;
Top Scorer for Portugal U19.

DanWWFC

Supports
Wolves
“Supports Aston Villa” comment makes sense.

He’s so highly rated we’ve been scouting him since he was 16. Portugal have such high hopes for him, so pleased he’s at Wolves.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
“Supports Aston Villa” comment makes sense.

He’s so highly rated we’ve been scouting him since he was 16. Portugal have such high hopes for him, so pleased he’s at Wolves.
Does seem to be a jealous Midlands vibe to it.

This is the kind of signing Villa could only dream of. Instead they’ve got probably the most useless ST in the league.

Idxomer

Should put a cap on the number of Portuguese players Wolves allowed to sign.

Mogget

Supports
Arsenal
For all the talk of how highly rated he is, can anyone think of any other 18 year olds with only 12 league appearances being signed for so much money?

That's what stands out to me

SportingCP96

Supports
This fee makes ZERO sense and is absurd.

For one the kid has 3 senior goals to his name and has not even played many first games in the first team to begin with.

The simple answer is...this is a Jorge Mended deal. A lot of corrupt business as usual. An 18 year old kid with Zero first team experience for “40M” is simply absurd.

This smells like a flop waiting to happen given the “price tag”.

SportingCP96

Supports
For all the talk of how highly rated he is, can anyone think of any other 18 year olds with only 12 league appearances being signed for so much money?

That's what stands out to me
The reason is Jorge Mendes. He is a corrupt corrupt man and he basically owns Wolves.

He puts who ever he wants in Wolves and makes a majority Of his money that way.

The kid is not near 40M or 30M or 20M

He has proven nothing at all. On top of that Portugal are not known to produce quality forwards we have never done it in our history besides lightning in a bottle a couple of times.

For the price tag he will flop big time.

SoCross

Didn’t they sign another highly rated young striker last season and then sold him off within 6 months?

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Does seem to be a jealous Midlands vibe to it.

This is the kind of signing Villa could only dream of. Instead they’ve got probably the most useless ST in the league.
:lol: Calm down, fella. This Silva might turn out to be good but it’s entirely reasonable to question spending 40m euros on an 18 year old who started 1 game for Porto last season.

Infestissumam

just another Mendes special. That whole Wolves/Fosun/Mendes setup reeks ... if at least they were fun to watch on the pitch, but I'd honestly prefer to watch paint dry than sit through a Wolves game.

SportingCP96

Supports
:lol: Calm down, fella. This Silva might turn out to be good but it’s entirely reasonable to question spending 40m euros on an 18 year old who started 1 game for Porto last season.
Your not wrong mate. The fee makes zero sense.

SportingCP96

Supports
just another Mendes special. That whole Wolves/Fosun/Mendes setup reeks ... if at least they were fun to watch on the pitch, but I'd honestly prefer to watch paint dry than sit through a Wolves game.
Mendes owns the club plain and simple.

RoyH1

The superagent is absolute poison for the game. How I wish Ceferin was serious about limiting their influence. All empty talk as always