Jorginho | Arsenal player

Zoo

Never been a fan and him struggling in England was very predictable. The Italian Leon Britton.

Kostur

海尔的老板
But but but he made 101205435918247 passes for the first time in the league and had 90% accuracy.

The worst thing about him is that he's Sarri's man.

Mick321

Think you need to focus on your posts actually reflecting what you mean. Nobody is bothered to go through your posting history.
Go through my posting history? They are the posts you replied to in the last 15 minutes you clown :lol: Christ almighty.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
A liability defensively. He can pick a pass but cannot run to save his life.

RedDevil5

He's fecking wank

Between him and Fred what was Pep thinking? Unless it was part of the master plan?
Probably just fooling teams like us and Chelsea to buy shite players to be honest. Same with Sanchez. I honestly believe that is what is happening. Too many times now. He is trolling us and others into buying poor players.

el3mel

He wouldn’t get nowhere near that City bench, never mind the starting 11.

Just simply isn’t good enough. Horrendous player!
At this point I think he would have preferred being on City bench or even staying in Napoli than this shite. :lol:

totaalvoetbal

Supports
Ajax
Nonsense. Busquets can move the ball and cope with pressure.
Why try to water down his ineffectiveness?
Busquets looked worse in the last 2 seasons and Barcelona fans were complaint that he was in 'poor form'. The space got bigger and he had to defending 1v1s a lot more and looked terrible.

That's not his game. The same thing with Jorginho. When he is pressed where are the passing options? when he is defending how much space is he having to defend?

Again Barcelona fans and the Spanish media kept emphasising how poor Busquets was. Same situation but Busquets was playing with superior players.

Habs

What's he been told to do in this side? All he does is pass the ball 2 yards sideways for someone else to do something with it. I honestly reckon I could do that and not look anywhere near as slow as he does. Pointless player.

cyberman

Busquets looked worse in the last 2 seasons and Barcelona fans were complaint that he was in 'poor form'. The space got bigger and he had to defending 1v1s a lot more and looked terrible.

That's not his game. The same thing with Jorginho. When he is pressed where are the passing options? when he is defending how much space is he having to defend?

Again Barcelona fans and the Spanish media kept emphasising how poor Busquets was. Same situation but Busquets was playing with superior players.
But he does have passing options. He plays in a midfield three with a ball playing midfielder behind him with Pedro and Hazard in front.
The first tactic opposition try to implement is to press Jorginho. Not cut off his passing lanes etc, its to press him. Whats worrying for him is that they tend to drop points when they have the majority of possession so it's not a lack of passing options that's the problem.
Press Jorginho and you starve their front line. He can't be trusted on the ball.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
Rarely have I seen a player less suited to Premier League football. He’s not a bad player by any means, but he’s a player that can only play in one system, in one way and when he’s exposed he is a massively liability. He has no legs at all, and is physically frail. He’s slow and unimposing. He may have done okay at City where the lines are so compact, but even there I think the pace of the league would’ve exposed him.

He should go back to Italy.

Rajma

Rubbish, Busquets is streets ahead of Jorginho you couldn’t get near him even when he was playing with Iniesta on his final legs and guys like Rafinha or Paulinho he was keeping that midfield together...Wait a minute aren’t you the same guy who’s told me that Jesus is much superior to Aguero at the start of last season and Pep is going to offload him?

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
I will say this, even Busquets at his best wouldn't do much better than Jorghino is at this moment.
I think your posts on the subject have generally been very knowledgeable and show a really good understanding of the game. However, I think you’ll agree that you were guilty of some absurd hyperbole with that last statement.

TheRedHearted

What situation was Busquets dominant in defending?

haram

Yeah, you have to question what the players around him are doing and offering. Of all the players he is the one that will understand what Sarri wants the most.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
I have defended Sarri's use of him. Realistically, where Sarri is playing him is the only position he can play.
He is struggling physically, massively. He's being bullied. Teams tell their attackers to press him and that's the end.

Jib

Jorginho, De Jong, Weigl, Paredes... they can only for Barcelona, City, Dortmund, Ajax or Napoli.

Overrated midfielders only good on Twitter

Canagel

Getting man marked is sign of respect. It only happens if the player is dangerous. I think the players around him are not makjjg the right movements like they should be doing. For what it is he may be ill suited for English football but I think there's bigger problems around him.

thepolice123

I think your posts on the subject have generally been very knowledgeable and show a really good understanding of the game. However, I think you’ll agree that you were guilty of some absurd hyperbole with that last statement.
There’s some element of truth in it. I don’t think Busquets would improve this Chelsea team. Their midfield is malfunctioning on a fundamental level. On paper it looks balanced, but all 3 players are struggling to read their positions. Today Kante was playing something which resembled a wide right midfielder whereas Barkley played way too high up the pitch. And they lost the ball whenever they carried it forward. Jorginho had to cover too much space and was starved off possession. It’s like three midfielders were thrown in and asked to play their game. It’s just a mess.

Alabaster Codify7

I can see him leaving the UK in 1 more season, he doesnt have the physical attributes to implement his game properly. We'll eat him for breakfast next week, stick Herrera on Hazard and someone like Lingard to drift and nip his heels for 90mins and they'll buckle.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
What I said in reference to him in the "midfield metronome" thread back in September:

Sure the stats looks impressive, but what had it actually acheived? Chelsea had over 70% possession against West Ham, but managed only 6 shots on target, that's 1 in every 15 minutes against a side that has the 3rd worst defence in the league. They simply lacked penetration, and once West Ham had set their stall out, Chelsea very rarely looked like they could break them down.

BobbyManc

Supports
Man City
As things stand looks like City got lucky they were outbid for both Fred and Jorginho.

haram

I have defended Sarri's use of him. Realistically, where Sarri is playing him is the only position he can play.
He is struggling physically, massively. He's being bullied. Teams tell their attackers to press him and that's the end.
If a player is being pressed it opens up spaces elsewhere. The other players need to help him. No one says anything about what Kovacic is doing, they also keep banging on about Kante not playing as the deepest player.

Johan07

Utter fraud. Need to stick Lingard on him next week.
I am also guessing that is what we are going to do. Move Lingard inside as the top of the diamond/false 9 as we used him at Spurs and stick him on Jorginho. Like a proper Ji-sung Park.