José looking to sign 6 players in summer - 2CM, LB, RB, W, CB [Times]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Gonna be a very depressing summer. I'm not looking forward to anything at the moment. Really starting to just give up on this current manager
Fixed it for you ;)

Last edited:

Fer

So based on the current rumours so far, it seems like we are going for

CM - Fred, SMS
LB - Sandro
RB - ?
RW - Talisca
CB - Alderweireld

Would be a very good window.
Is Talisca a winger?

Fer

More of an attacking midfielder in any of the positions behind the striker. My take is he will play the Mata role (start on the right, come inside to playmake). And he’ll be a huge improvement on Mata and his sideway passes.
Interesting...
But, is he able to play in a midfield of 3?

AgentP

More of an attacking midfielder in any of the positions behind the striker. My take is he will play the Mata role (start on the right, come inside to playmake). And he’ll be a huge improvement on Mata and his sideway passes.
Instead of doing that, why don't we buy an actual RW! I'm sick and tired of us buying players who don't fit into our system or formation.

VancouverUtdFan

Supports
Canucks + NE Patriots
Instead of doing that, why don't we buy an actual RW! I'm sick and tired of us buying players who don't fit into our system or formation.
No one said he’s going to play RW if we get him. He’s a CAM/SS who for the most part plays behind the striker.

Kapardin

Until I see evidence on the pitch, not going to get excited over signings. Too many players who were great at their former clubs just suddenly turn to shit in our system, I wouldn't be surprised if Savic and Sandro signed for us and then started playing like Herrera and Shaw mk2.

Hopefully next season, Jose manages to find a way to extract the best out of the players.

AgentP

No one said he’s going to play RW if we get him. He’s a CAM/SS who for the most part plays behind the striker.
Yeah I know man. I was just responding to that post. But I still think that we don't need a CAM/SS as it will mean Pogba will have to play in a 2-man midfield. Our RW will still need to be improved. I'd rather we just bought a proper RW and play Sanchez as SS when necessary.

Walters_19_MuFc

CAM/RAM - Talisca
CM - Fred
LB - Sandro
RB - Sidibe
CB - Alderweireld​

Sanchez Lukaku
Talisca
Pogba Matic Fred
Sandro Alderweireld
Bailly Sidibe
De Gea

Why get one Brazilian when you can get three?

beingshe7don

CAM/RAM - Talisca
CM - Fred
LB - Sandro
RB - Sidibe
CB - Alderweireld​

Sanchez Lukaku
Talisca
Pogba Matic Fred
Sandro Alderweireld
Bailly Sidibe
De Gea

Firstly, having Brazilians in your team does not mean automatic flair and improved style of play or winning the league. Not every Brazilian is Ronaldinho, Neymar or Pele. Then again not every Brazilian is a Kleberson, Anderson and so on. Fred and Sandro are quality players that would improve the team. Talisca is average and not good enough for United.

Nate Dogg

Don't Make Me Angry
The OP should read Mourinho looking to sign only 6ft plus players.

beingshe7don

I know it's farfetched but the summer would be amazing if we could use Sanchez in a swap for Griezmann from Atletico. It would solve all our issues.
  • Martial gets game time on the left along with Rashford
  • Pogba's space on the pitch wouldn't be taken up
  • Griezmann would play on the RW
  • Bringing Griezmann would almost certainly improve team spirit and chemistry
  • Martial, Pogba and Griezmann playing together would almost inevitably be beneficial for the French team
Sanchez + 40m for Griezmann.... What say?

--- Martial ---- Lukaku ---- Griezmann ---
---------- Pogba ------- Fred --------------
------------------ Matic --------------------
--- Sandro --- Bailly --- Rojo --- Sidibe --
------------------ De Gea ------------------

red4ever 79

Honestly dont give this guy another penny. Woodward should put his foot down. Absolutely sick of seeing the club spunk loads of dosh. He should be made to do something with the players he has.

paulscholes18

So based on the current rumours so far, it seems like we are going for

CM - Fred, SMS
LB - Sandro
RB - ?
RW - Talisca
CB - Alderweireld

Would be a very good window.
Hope you are right, but my feeling is Talisca will be instead of SMS, and Willian (hope I’m wrong) will be RW

Nick.

I know it's farfetched but the summer would be amazing if we could use Sanchez in a swap for Griezmann from Atletico. It would solve all our issues.
  • Martial gets game time on the left along with Rashford
  • Pogba's space on the pitch wouldn't be taken up
  • Griezmann would play on the RW
  • Bringing Griezmann would almost certainly improve team spirit and chemistry
  • Martial, Pogba and Griezmann playing together would almost inevitably be beneficial for the French team
Sanchez + 40m for Griezmann.... What say?

--- Martial ---- Lukaku ---- Griezmann ---
---------- Pogba ------- Fred --------------
------------------ Matic --------------------
--- Sandro --- Bailly --- Rojo --- Sidibe --
------------------ De Gea ------------------
I wish but Sanchez is paid like 300k a week they probably can't afford even if they wanted him.

beingshe7don

I wish but Sanchez is paid like 300k a week they probably can't afford even if they wanted him.
We could pay 1/4 of his wages for the first couple years. I think some teams have offered that sort of deal to get rid of some of their players. It's sad but Sanchez is a cancer in our team and slowly but certainly, we'll be losing every limb (aka Martial and Pogba).

Paying someone 300k in wages for doing absolutely nothing. Players like Pogba, Lukaku and De Gea will be like.... this piece of shit hasn't done anything and earns much more than I do. Absolute disgrace... Pogba and Sanchez arguing on the pitch during the FA Cup final is just a trailer of what's happening in the dressing room. People getting picked just because they happen to be Jose's favorites. Fellaini, Lukaku, Sanchez, Jones... No objectivity of any kind.

VancouverUtdFan

Supports
Canucks + NE Patriots
CAM/RAM - Talisca
CM - Fred
LB - Sandro
RB - Sidibe
CB - Alderweireld​

Sanchez Lukaku
Talisca
Pogba Matic Fred
Sandro Alderweireld
Bailly Sidibe
De Gea

Why 3 when you can get 4?

Sign Willian up as well imo (serious)

Alabaster Codify7

Seriously, it won't matter. We're still going to play negative, reactive football and so our problems won't really improve. We may be defensively, more solid, I guess. But in terms of goals and exciting football, nothing will change. Jose is creating the team in his mould, he wants a team full of big, slow and steady players to slow and steady football without taking risks.

VancouverUtdFan

Supports
Canucks + NE Patriots
Seriously, it won't matter. We're still going to play negative, reactive football and so our problems won't really improve. We may be defensively, more solid, I guess. But in terms of goals and exciting football, nothing will change. Jose is creating the team in his mould, he wants a team full of big, slow and steady players to slow and steady football without taking risks.

Yep, that’s exactly why we’re linked with Sandro and Talisic and Fred and Alderweireld and he brought in Alexis and Pogba.

Good one m8

beingshe7don

I completely agree with you.

Amir

Yep, that’s exactly why we’re linked with Sandro and Talisic and Fred and Alderweireld and he brought in Alexis and Pogba.

Good one m8
I'd agree that this is not the football Mourinho wants us to play. Problem is the bottom line isn't much better - in two years and after tons of money, he can't get a team to play as he wants. Or just cohesive football.

VancouverUtdFan

Supports
Canucks + NE Patriots
And put him where?
RW. Talisca isn’t an everyday starter if we get him. More of a primary sub and tactical start against weaker sides.

ST - Lukaku
LW - Alexis
RW - Willian

(L)CM - Pogba
C(D)M - Fred
CDM - Matic

...if we’re facing weaker sides, I can see Matic sitting, Fred playing CDM with Pogba and Talisca ahead of him. Hypothetically if we get them.

VancouverUtdFan

Supports
Canucks + NE Patriots
I'd agree that this is not the football Mourinho wants us to play. Problem is the bottom line isn't much better - in two years and after tons of money, he can't get a team to play as he wants. Or just cohesive football.
We have 2 failed wingers playing fullback for us. That’ll definitely mess with the cohesiveness of a group.

beingshe7don

Good one m8
Dude... you're delusional if you feel getting those 4 players will automatically make us start playing free flowing attacking football like City, Liverpool and Spurs. It needs to come from the philosophy of the manager which has always been NOT to LOSE..... instead of GO FOR THE WIN.

VancouverUtdFan

Supports
Canucks + NE Patriots
Dude... you're delusional if you feel getting those 4 players will automatically make us start playing free flowing attacking football like City, Liverpool and Spurs. It needs to come from the philosophy of the manager which has always been NOT to LOSE..... instead of GO FOR THE WIN.
We will have a proper Xl if we get the signings needed.

As of now, we have 2 failed wingers playing FBs for us. We don’t have a link up CM in between Pogba and Matic which caused us to play Pogba as a box-to-box which he’s ineffective at and relied on Fellaini/Herrera (bench options aka average/subpar players) to be starters. Our RWer is idek who. Our best CB was out all year (Bailly) and we had 2 bench players starting CB for us + lack a starting CB2 to play alongside Bailly.

Get an Alderweireld and we get a ball playing CB who doesn’t panic and can make a break out pass to start an attack/counter. Get proper FBs and we’ll have link up play on the left and right sides of the field. Get a linkup CM and it’ll free up Pogba. Get a RWer and our entire right side will be revived along with the new RB (as of right now we literally have no right side).

If you think that won’t make a difference...YOU’RE DELUSIONAL.

Kirky1878

I can see the potential six signings being Sandro, Alderweireld, Talisca, Fred, Willian and I am not sure about the right back. Whoever it is must be similar in class and style to Sandro because the thought of Valencia, Young or Mensah being first choice does not fill me with optimism. They are all capable squad players but we need a serious upgrade in the full back area - the weakest part of the team in my opinion.

Alderweireld and Willian for me would be solid additions. They both bring a wealth of upper tier Premier League experience and would slot straight into the first team. Alderweireld is the proven, upgraded version of Lindelof that would nicely compliment Bailly or Smalling. The four mentioned and Tuanzebe getting his chance would be a strong enough group moving forward. The rest are deadwood and would be better moving on.

Willian and Talisca could add a new cutting edge to the attack as we are currently pretty predictable. I don't know much about the latter but he has had an impressive year with goals and assists. I've seen him a few times this year in the Champions League and he definitely has talent. At times we have heavily relied on Lingard to provide quality from this area. He has improved and earned the praise he has received but we need more threat than just him because Mata has been missing for a while now. I would be sad to see Mata leave but I think it's time for something new. These two replacing himself and Fellaini would be an exciting upgrade. The returning Pereira could also provide competition if he stays.

Fred is another I haven't seen much of but the comparisons to Fernandinho and the fact he is still young enough to improve are positives for me. Making the Brazil squad for the World Cup isn't bad either. Not the successor to Carrick I would like but he would be another option for the midfield that allows Pogba the freedom he needs to thrive in a midfield three. He could also help take some of the burden away from Matic who isn't getting any younger. Fred, Herrera and McTominay would all provide him with a rest when required.

As for the options in attack - Lakaku will be the first name on the team sheet alongside De Gea. Alexis, fresh from a football free summer and first pre season under his belt should be ready to show everybody that he really is a world class talent that we were right to take a gamble on. His arrival has put Martial and Rashford's future in question. The former will be leaving I think. It's a shame because he has huge potential, more so than Rashford in my opinion, but I think Tony will be pushing for the move more. However, Rashford MUST improve in the coming season because his standards have dropped after a very bright start to his career. We may need another forward in January?

Last edited:

Amir

We have 2 failed wingers playing fullback for us. That’ll definitely mess with the cohesiveness of a group.
Two better fullbacks will help, but only slightly. If you work right you can get a bunch of limited individuals and a bunch of great players to play very good football. If it doesn't work to the extend it hasn't with United, replacing players with better ones will not be a magical solution.

Xaviboy

We really need to address the full back positions. We need attack minded full backs with good end product on both sides. We struggle to break down teams that sit back and feel with good overlapping full backs it could be the cutting edge to creating good chances for us against the teams that sit back. At moment Ashley Young always cuts back on to his right foot to swing a cross in and Valencia just stops the ball and plays inside. We're set up to play very narrow in the final 3rd and feel this is where overlapping full backs need to come in to it. Question is will Mourinho allow us to have both full backs to get forward all the time.

Laurentiu amt

Dunno what Jose is planning but may it be SMS.
I'm watching him for the 30th time this season and he seems better with every match. He's dominating Inter atm.

Joseunited

Dunno what Jose is planning but may it be SMS.
I'm watching him for the 30th time this season and he seems better with every match. He's dominating Inter atm.
Watching him too,he does occupy the same space as Pogba but looks more effective, no silly flicks and tricks, he's direct,good with the ball at his feet and a danger in the air(feck off Fellaini then) and also looks like he's a danger at dead ball situations.

No brainer,sign him up.

reddaz71

According to Spanish journalist Diego Martinez Utd have given Mourinho a £500m war chest for the summer!

VancouverUtdFan

Supports
Canucks + NE Patriots
:wenger:
According to Spanish journalist Diego Martinez Utd have given Mourinho a £500m war chest for the summer!
Not in a billion years (okay, maybe 10 years :p)

...Sheikh owners don’t even give such budgets to their clubs. Just bs of the utmost here :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.