José looking to sign 6 players in summer - 2CM, LB, RB, W, CB [Times]

Status
Not open for further replies.

SBD

I don't see us signing 4 players, yet alone 6. Assuming we are signing 6 players, with each costing 50m, that's going to take our spending to 300m. Do you see us forking out that kind of money? Some of the names quoted here would definitely cost more than 50m.

I think 4 would be an idealistic target. A RB, LB, CM, RW or another CW. Assuming we aren't offloading anyone.

RedNed77

Sandro - Martial + £20m (to us)
Meunier -£45
Alderweireld - £60m
Dembele - £60m
Willian - £45m (can be trusted to play in midfield when necessary too)

Mainly old, but plenty of experience and knowledge of the premier league in the areas you’d want it. All largely available too. Clear out the obvious suspects for reasonable if not great fees and we’ll be spending around £150m this summer.

Darmian - £6m
Smalling - £18.5m
Blind - £8m
Rojo - £8m
Shaw - £15m

————————-God——————————

—-Meunier-Alderweireld-Bailly-Sandro—-

———————Matic-Dembele——————

—Willian————-Pogba————-Sanchez-

————————Lukaku—————————

It might not be the youngest team but it’d be ready to challenge next year and looks like a Mourinho team.

Dolf

Mourinho himself has said in a press conference that he won't be buying more than 2 or 3 players so why do you all trust the times more than Jose himself?

Gordon S

Mourinho himself has said in a press conference that he won't be buying more than 2 or 3 players so why do you all trust the times more than Jose himself?
Jose doesn´t really want everybody to know what the club is up to and well, the more players we can speculate about the better...

Jezpeza

In my opinion, wing backs need addressing most. On Saturday Young had to stop every time he got to the byline and cut back to cross on his right. Every time Cahill and Rudiger ate the cross.

Also need a better centre half to play next to Bailly and then keep lindelof and smelling as back up. Jones should be sold, he tries hard but just isn't good enough and I always feel he has a mistake in him.

Need a better passer of the ball next to matic so we have more penetrative passing, someone in the scholes mould, and Not sure why everyone hates martial so much he actually ran at Chelsea and looked good when he came on.

Sandro looks obvious. Not sure about others. With lukaku, lingard, pogba, Sanchez, martial, rashford, Mata, we have so much going forward we just need to sort it tactically not sign more attackers. That's more the manager though. We don't need wingers like people say if we have good wing backs, that's the modern game and the main difference I feel between us and then the attacking teams like Liverpool, Tottenham, and man city.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dennis Viollet

The reverse .Rossi
if the player are these... we have to compete for the title.

Sandro
Milinkovic -Savic
Alderweireld
Fred
Willian

sadly I'm afraid no RB will arrive in this transfert window.

maniwin

and leave our RB and LB as is? No thanks. We can't go into next season with such mediocrity in those positions.
RB and LB is the position we needed the most, i am sick with Valencia who can't cross and can't even take on player anymore and Young who always cut inside or try to nutmeg every defender instead, both also start losing their pace. There will be something wrong with us if they keep being our first choice next season.

davidmichael

Looks like we’re going to go for Alderweireld, Alex Sandro and Willian then Jose himself has said we’ll need two midfielders if/when Fellaini leaves on the back of Carrick retiring so that’s 5 and more than the 2 or 3 Jose said after signing Sanchez in January.

VanGaalEra

Luckhurst saying we're working on 3 deals, Alderweireld, Sandro and Fred for now.

That would be 3 excellent signings. Add a RB and another CM (SMS hopefully) and we should challenge next season.

...................De Gea

Meunier - Bailly - Alderweireld - Sandro

Savic - Fred/Matic - Pogba

Let the attack thrive with this behind them.

Alfie092

My ideal/realistic 6 signings would be:

1) Willian
2) Savic
3) Fred
4) Alderweireld
5) Sandro
6) Sidibé

The red panther

princess transfer emo
I want Gelson Martins for our right wing. He is a very good dribbler and he is labelled as the next Ronaldo. Seems like a better investment than 30 year old willian.

https://www.transfermarkt.nl/gelson-martins/profil/spieler/257448

For the midfield I want Sergeij Milinkovic-Savic and Fred

For the leftback I want Ryan Sessegnon, this kid is pure class and has everything in him to become a star. Combine this with his english nationality and it is simply to good to pass up. He is still very young and raw so we got to make sure we have alternatives in the team for if he has a setback so we can protect him a bit. For this reason I also want us to sign a versatile rightback that can comfortably play on the left if needed, together with Ashley Young in the team that would be sufficient cover.

For the rightback I want Djibril Sidibé. He is a versatile fullback that can also play on the left, he is ambidextrous.

For centreback I want Toby Alderweireld.

Finally I also want us to sign Justin Kluivert as a replacement for Martial who will likely be sold

----------------------DDG--------------------
Sidibé---Alderweireld---Bailly----Sessegnon
----------------------Fred---------------------
--------------SMS---------Pogba--------------
Martins-----------Lukaku------------Sanchez

-------------------Romero---------------------
Valencia---Smalling----Rojo----------Young
--------------------Matic----------------------
----------McTominay----Pereira--------------
Lingard------------Rashford---------Kluivert

Ramshock

CAF Pilib De Brún Translator
Swimming against a tide of idiots and spoofers
I want Gelson Martins for our right wing. He is a very good dribbler and he is labelled as the next Ronaldo. Seems like a better investment than 30 year old willian.

https://www.transfermarkt.nl/gelson-martins/profil/spieler/257448

For the midfield I want Sergeij Milinkovic-Savic and Fred

For the leftback I want Ryan Sessegnon, this kid is pure class and has everything in him to become a star. Combine this with his english nationality and it is simply to good to pass up. He is still very young and raw so we got to make sure we have alternatives in the team for if he has a setback so we can protect him a bit. For this reason I also want us to sign a versatile rightback that can comfortably play on the left if needed, together with Ashley Young in the team that would be sufficient cover.

For the rightback I want Djibril Sidibé. He is a versatile fullback that can also play on the left, he is ambidextrous.

For centreback I want Toby Alderweireld.

Finally I also want us to sign Justin Kluivert as a replacement for Martial who will likely be sold

----------------------DDG--------------------
Sidibé---Alderweireld---Bailly----Sessegnon
----------------------Fred---------------------
--------------SMS---------Pogba--------------
Martins-----------Lukaku------------Sanchez

-------------------Romero---------------------
Valencia---Smalling----Rojo----------Young
--------------------Matic----------------------
----------McTominay----Pereira--------------
Lingard------------Rashford---------Kluivert
Jose will go for Sandro over Sessegnon. I see RS playing further forward as his career progresses.

The red panther

princess transfer emo
Jose will go for Sandro over Sessegnon. I see RS playing further forward as his career progresses.
I think so aswell but personally I would prefer getting Sessegnon. He is the type of player I can see (maybay in 1 or 2 years) setting the PL on fire. I also think he will progress to be a Left winger in time but whatever he becomes I want to see it at Manchester United and not at any other club. Whoever signs him will have such an exciting player and if we don't sign him now I don't think we will ever get the chance anymore.

endless_wheelies

feeling dizzy
Everyone hates Fellaini (despite everything he's done for us) but if we're going to achieve our summer plans he needs to stay.

paulscholes18

Sandro - Martial + £20m (to us)
Meunier -£45
Alderweireld - £60m
Dembele - £60m
Willian - £45m (can be trusted to play in midfield when necessary too)

Mainly old, but plenty of experience and knowledge of the premier league in the areas you’d want it. All largely available too. Clear out the obvious suspects for reasonable if not great fees and we’ll be spending around £150m this summer.

Darmian - £6m
Smalling - £18.5m
Blind - £8m
Rojo - £8m
Shaw - £15m

————————-God——————————

—-Meunier-Alderweireld-Bailly-Sandro—-

———————Matic-Dembele——————

—Willian————-Pogba————-Sanchez-

————————Lukaku—————————

It might not be the youngest team but it’d be ready to challenge next year and looks like a Mourinho team.
I’m sure a near 31yr old Dembele would cost a lot less than 60mil

VancouverUtdFan

Supports
Canucks + NE Patriots
My ideal/realistic 6 signings would be:

1) Willian
2) Savic
3) Fred
4) Alderweireld
5) Sandro
6) Sidibé
I’m on the board with this.

RB can be a number of candidates but the rest are who I’m hoping the club get.

pascell

I hope we sign Alderweireld, we're in desperate need of a leader at CB, someone who can organise a defence, motivate their team mates and also calm them down when we're up against it so to speak.

jesperjaap

Why do so many people name the players we are linked with one week to the next. Just scroll one week to another and the names change, Talisca now named for example?
Ideally we should see 7 or 8 players leave and sign two new full backs, a centre back, two central midfielders and a right winger with perhaps a young back up strikes.
Not even going to name names or discuss some of the names we are heavily linked with as bar Toby or Spurs not seen majority of them play barely. I would say there are a lot of young full backs and central midfielders that can add so much to us we are barely seeing named though. One problem position for me is right wing and not sure excited by any of the players being mentioned there which is something we need for balance.

T A

He said it when we bought Sanchez in January. Things have changed since then, Martial and Fellaini are both now set to leave. Jose did say weeks ago if Fellaini left, he would buy another midfielder to replace him. Hence Martial

::sonny::

Alderweireld
Alex Sandro
Willian

Are players I approve :-)

Nothing against Pogba & Fellaini sales

RedNed77

I’m sure a near 31yr old Dembele would cost a lot less than 60mil
You’d hope so, but it is Levy. Thought I’d be over cautious, but for me I wouldn’t be too unhappy if we did get up to somewhere near that fee. He’s pretty much what we need IMO. Even if he is only good for 2/3 years.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Mourinho also said once we werent getting anyone in January but if some opportunities come up, they can hard to pass up

Status
Not open for further replies.