Jose at his best

Andy_Cole

Apologies for another Jose thread.

I personally have always thought he was great. From when he celebrated like a lunatic at Old Trafford as Porto boss to his winding up of Wenger, I've always wanted him to be our manager. He was my first choice 3 years ago.

I love his character, love that he's a cnut. Then again I'm one of those guys who always supports the villain in movies/ TV Shows.

So thought we should have a thread of Jose's best moments.

We can start off with the part in the documentary where he tries to wind up Pep when it is Inter vs Barca.

It's at 5:19

Last edited:

ADJUDICATOR

Supports
THE BRAVE AND THE BOLD
It's a given he'll be a pratt a lot of the time but I hope he at least brings entertaining football and finally rids us of Young/Fellaini/Rojo/Jones.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
It's a given he'll be a pratt a lot of the time but I hope he at least brings entertaining football and finally rids us of Young/Fellaini/Rojo/Jones.
What, you don't want Fellaini going to the back post and trying to get knockdowns as the main tactic?

NC11

Fantastic glimpse into the character of a winner. Whatever happens, and however he conducts himself, we are more likely to win the competitions that matter (PL, CL) with him then without him.

izzydiggler

JM was the perfect choice when SAF retired - a winner to steady the ship and show everyone that Manchester United would be fine without SAF, where results were pretty much the only concern and there was a squad to provide them.

Now it's a huge rebuilding job and there's so much work to do...that Moyes appointment is still bewildering. But there's no question JM is the best person available - we may have to put up with some antics and a lack of youth investment but right now, we need a winner, who has the ego to own the place.

Fener1907

I disliked him for many years and thought his petulance became stale, especially towards the end of his second Chelsea stint. Prior to that, it was what I perceived to be his sheer arrogance and audacity to act like he was lord of the manor wherever he went, only giving Fergie the respect he deserved when he eventually lost against him.

All of that said, quite simply, this guy's a winner and has the personality you need at a club of United's size. The last two reigns - and I'm referring to the meek admissions of their failures and inability to turn things around - are something we'll certainly see a departure from under him. People can talk all they like about how he's not the right fit for United, how he'll get people's backs up, and how he brings no assurances for the long-term. If furiously tapping away on Twitter and saying these things with the authority as if they're Nostradamus makes them feel better, good for them. Deep down, however, Jose Mourinho the Manchester United manager isn't what fans of rival clubs want to see. And you know for a fact that it's not bluster, because we're not just getting some prospect who's shown promise. This is a serial winner in charge of a club with a penchant for winning.

If this appointment fails in a similar manner, I will actually be very surprised. Meanwhile, rival fans can do little but cross their fingers and pray that it does.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach

8:20 Jose trolling dippers = legend :drool:
Still incredible to look back.

Pool fans and ex legends turning up expecting it to be a title party.
Chelsea fielding a very fringe team.
Stevie's slip after saying this does not slip.
Stevie then having about 25 pot shots.
Then that second goal.
Title over.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
JM was the perfect choice when SAF retired - a winner to steady the ship and show everyone that Manchester United would be fine without SAF, where results were pretty much the only concern and there was a squad to provide them.

Now it's a huge rebuilding job and there's so much work to do...that Moyes appointment is still bewildering. But there's no question JM is the best person available - we may have to put up with some antics and a lack of youth investment but right now, we need a winner, who has the ego to own the place.
Is it that huge a rebuild?
We've got a good squad, that just needs a couple of quality additions, and much better management!

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I disliked him for many years and thought his petulance became stale, especially towards the end of his second Chelsea stint. Prior to that, it was what I perceived to be his sheer arrogance and audacity to act like he was lord of the manor wherever he went, only giving Fergie the respect he deserved when he eventually lost against him.

All of that said, quite simply, this guy's a winner and has the personality you need at a club of United's size. The last two reigns - and I'm referring to the meek admissions of their failures and inability to turn things around - are something we'll certainly see a departure from under him. People can talk all they like about how he's not the right fit for United, how he'll get people's backs up, and how he brings no assurances for the long-term. If furiously tapping away on Twitter and saying these things with the authority as if they're Nostradamus makes them feel better, good for them. Deep down, however, Jose Mourinho the Manchester United manager isn't what fans of rival clubs want to see. And you know for a fact that it's not bluster, because we're not just getting some prospect who's shown promise. This is a serial winner in charge of a club with a penchant for winning.

If this appointment fails in a similar manner, I will actually be very surprised. Meanwhile, rival fans can do little but cross their fingers and pray that it does.
It's set up well. Guy who has massive experience of big clubs, at the biggest club in the league. Loves a huge budget, and he has one.
It has every chance of working. But he'll need a couple of excellent additions.

Fener1907

If he does this to Klopp. :drool:

I love that he's never been fond of Liverpool, and that he appears to see them for the deluded lot that they are. That said, didn't you see that post from over at RAWK? Klopp's supposedly going to rip Jose's head off. To be fair, his boxing record literally can't be worse than his record in finals.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I respect his achievements but I've never like him. Not his football style and not his never ending cuntishness. So apart from stopping Liverpool in 2014, I don't have any "favourite" Mourinho moments. I suppose I enjoyed his inter win at the time but that was more due to being biased against Barcelona.

Hopefully those moments will start now, for me.

Long Ball

Is it that huge a rebuild?
We've got a good squad, that just needs a couple of quality additions, and much better management!
I'd say it's more of a mentality rebuild than a squad overhaul.

Confidence and swagger is badly missing

MikeUpNorth

Wobbles like a massive pair of tits
I personally have always thought he was great. From when he celebrated like a lunatic at Old Trafford as Porto boss to his winding up of Wenger, I've always wanted him to be our manager. He was my first choice 3 years ago.
Yep, absolutely. And I've always wanted Zlatan at United too, so it could be a very good week...

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach

Ibra would certainly help bring that. Him and Mourinho would probably add a load more winner to our dressing room in an instant.
There's Rooney/Carrick and Schweinsteiger who have won loads, but probably only one of them will definitely start next season.

Long Ball

Ibra would certainly help bring that. Him and Mourinho would probably add a load more winner to our dressing room in an instant.
There's Rooney/Carrick and Schweinsteiger who have won loads, but probably only one of them will definitely start next season.
Totally agree. I hope carrick is kept on. Even if only to "have around the place" as a guide for the younger team members

Jackylad

Still incredible to look back.

Pool fans and ex legends turning up expecting it to be a title party.
Chelsea fielding a very fringe team.
Stevie's slip after saying this does not slip.
Stevie then having about 25 pot shots.
Then that second goal.
Title over.
Good end to a terrible season

Sparky Rhiwabon

If there are any non-United football fans left who don't hate United, this will soon change that. Love it! :devil:

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
He hates the dippers as much as we do.
He's also not fond of Wenger. In fact, I have mates who are Arsenal and Pool fans who hate his guts.

Funny thing is, he pretty much fought against everyone bar Fergie.

Ask most non-United supporting fans and the only manager they hated more than Mourinho was Ferguson. If being an arse is a necessary trait of being a winner then bring it on.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off

Good thing is fighting spirit is definitely back.

Swagger will only truly come once we improve our attacking options. The team looking at Memphis and Rooney in the early parts of the season for inspiration in attack, does not bode well for swagger.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
Ask most non-United supporting fans and the only manager they hated more than Mourinho was Ferguson. If being an arse is a necessary trait of being a winner then bring it on.
With Jose you'd have to say he understands it's not always about domination.

Leicester have proved it this year, you don't have to be the best team to win games, you can beat anybody.

The story above of going up to Pep and Ibrahimovic when they said it's all over shows that. Fergie had those moments with the 99 CL final saying "It's not going to extra time".

The language he uses saying "we have to win" it's not a "this is going to be a tough game" or "do your best", it's a must win games, that's the difference here.

I think expect good things, Pep doesn't have the brilliant wingers he's used to and that's something I think he is going to struggle with next year.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Even when he was at Chelsea, you could at least laugh with him. I think you'd have to be a very precious person indeed to actually hate him.

MoBeats

Conspiracy Buff
Funny how the things people love him for are the same things I hate him for.

Natener

Nice interview, talks about what he looks for in his players among bunch of other things eg. SAF (the Boss).

ti vu

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't he celebrating towards Chelsea fans there? He's facing the away end of the stadium.
He was out of his permitted technical area. Dipper fan were on his sides. He knows what he's doing to piss them off and get away.

Mr Smith

Apologies for another Jose thread.

I love his character, love that he's a cnut. Then again I'm one of those guys who always supports the villain in movies/ TV Shows.

So thought we should have a thread of Jose's best moments.

We can start off with the part in the documentary where he tries to wind up Pep when it is Inter vs Barca.

It's at 5:19
Never apologise for another Jose thread.

salford_

To be fair, it is quite pathetic to see same journos who slammed his behaviour and brand of football in last 2 years, suddenly saying his type of football is great and he does use youth.