Jose has a dig at the crowd

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
All right. In this post I've clearly formulated it as if I'm taking a dig at exactly those who traveled to Moscow, which is quite unfair.
The starting point of why I'm unsettled with our support is why 35k in Moscow can support their team for 90 min, while they're being battered and why can't we support our team when we're winning in a so long awaited CL game.
Quite a contradiction there.

Sir A1ex

To all the people who were saying: "Well... our home support is always slow, the away support is where we excel". What's your answer after tonight's game?
Winning 4:0 and still couldn't hear a single fan. It's really sad our fans at the stadium aren't as good as I wish them to be.
:lol:

After the first line I presumed this was going to make the quite valid point that Moscow's fans proved not all large home crowds need to be as shit as they are in the Premier League. I was really impressed, 4-0 down and still making an absolute racket.

We wouldn't be used to hearing our own fantastic away support so clearly every other week if other English fans made that noise at home!

Pavl3n

All right. In this post I've clearly formulated it as if I'm taking a dig at exactly those who traveled to Moscow, which is quite unfair.
The starting point of why I'm unsettled with our support is why 35k in Moscow can support their team for 90 min, while they're being battered and why can't we support our team when we're winning in a so long awaited CL game (citing the Basel game).
Quite a contradiction there.
No you weren’t.
Are you fecking retarded?
You're telling me I'm contradicting myself in one post and then you quote a totally different.
You're more interested in arguing with me than seeing the point of my frustration.

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
You're telling me I'm contradicting myself in one post and then you quote a totally different.
You're more interested in arguing with me than seeing the point of my frustration.
You're an idiot pal. You chose last night to bump this thread then go on to claim your reason for it was due to our fans not outsinging the away support in the Basel game. Keep digging you clown.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
The original complaint seemed to be that people claimed the away support is better, then having a go at the away support in Moscow, as if to prove this is wrong.
Then that changes on this page to make out it was actually a point about CSKA fans being loud at home so why can't OT be like that?

The point about being in a different country so not able to support doesn't really fly when you're complaining about fans that travelled to Russia either. Unless you're an aussie or something.

M18CTID

Supports
Manchester City
There is a saying that when in a hole stop digging, yet you're just exacerbating the situation mate.

Christ, even as a City fan I thought your post was way off. Do you realise how much time, money, and effort goes into following one's team away in Europe? For trips to Moscow compared to trips to most Western European countries you can multiply the hassle factor several fold. Even just applying for a Visa to get into the country is a time consuming exercise. Yet you're getting all judgemental while watching the game from the comfort of your armchair or down your local pub and slagging off several hundred fans that have gone to admirable lengths to see their team play simply because you couldn't hear them through your TV above the din being created by the home fans:lol:

Pavl3n

Alright, got myself in a whole and I keep digging.
Most probably the post that bumped the thread right after last night's game was poorly put together and it sounded as I'm taking a dig at the away fans. Don't want to disrespect any of the away fans - respect to those who traveled all the way to Moscow. Don't want to disrespect anyone here, nor I want to be a wum.
What am I going on about then?
Firstly I opened the thread after Jose Mourinho's comments in a post match conference, regarding our support. Everyone had it's own opinion, I had mine. We had discussion.
Next time I wrote here was after the game vs Basel. Why did I write again after that game? Let me explain myself.

We as fans have been longing for CL football and good winning performances. I'd assume that we all agree our place is in the CL. I'd also agree that in recent weeks our team has been performing pretty well - a contrast of those dire 0:0 during LVG or the frustrating draws we had to endure last season.
So after such a long time without good fluid attacking football, especially in the CL, we welcomed it all in one. The team played very good and we were winning in our first CL game after a long time.
Honestly, I was expecting better from our crowd, but to my dislike Basel fans were singing their lungs out and supporting their team better and louder than us.
When I made that point I got responses that it's always like that and nothing will ever change, because it's a Champions League game and we're at home - I shouldn't be expecting much, but rather our away support is the one that stands out.
Last night, again the support of the team that got battered was the standing out. I know there were 700-800 fans there and that much people can't make a difference. No disrespect to those who traveled. Thank you to those who were there and supported the team.

I clearly didn't read my post before posting. I apologize. I'm in fault.

I want to get back on topic and discuss our fans at Old Traford. Or ... not the fans but the atmosphere. Why is it that when 3:0 up, we're quiet like it's a chess game, why fans of other teams (CSKA springs in mind, since the game was just last night) manage to create such an atmosphere.
Aren't we striving to be the best in the world in every aspect there is in the football game?

M18CTID

Supports
Manchester City
Most probably the post that bumped the thread right after last night's game was poorly put together and it sounded as I'm taking a dig at the away fans. Don't want to disrespect any of the away fans - respect to those who traveled all the way to Moscow. Don't want to disrespect anyone here, nor I want to be a wum.
Firstly I opened the thread after Jose Mourinho's comments in a post match conference, regarding our support. Everyone had it's own opinion, I had mine. We had discussion.
Next time I wrote here was after the game vs Basel. Why did I write again after that game? Let me explain myself.

We as fans have been longing for CL football and good winning performances. I'd assume that we all agree our place is in the CL. I'd also agree that in recent weeks our team has been performing pretty well - a contrast of those dire 0:0 during LVG or the frustrating draws we had to endure last season.
So after such a long time without good fluid attacking football, especially in the CL, we welcomed it all in one. The team played very good and we were winning in our first CL game after a long time.
Honestly, I was expecting better from our crowd, but to my dislike Basel fans were singing their lungs out and supporting their team better and louder than us.
When I made that point I got responses that it's always like that and nothing will ever change, because it's a Champions League game and we're at home - I shouldn't be expecting much, but rather our away support is the one that stands out.
Last night, again the support of the team that got battered was the standing out. I know there were 700-800 fans there and that much people can't make a difference. No disrespect to those who traveled. Thank you to those who were there and supported the team.

I want to get back on topic and discuss our fans at Old Traford. Or ... not the fans but the atmosphere. Why is it that when 3:0 up, we're quiet like it's a chess game, why fans of other teams (CSKA springs in mind, since the game was just last night) manage to create such an atmosphere.
Aren't we striving to be the best in the world in every aspect there is in the football game?
No worries mate and fair play for stopping digging ;)

Yeah, there's a big problem with home atmospheres in top level football in England in general so it isn't just confined to United. Our game has become increasingly sanitised and that, coupled with no standing areas plus a general apathy from many fans towards singing at games, has contrived to make our atmospheres pretty poor in comparison to our European counterparts.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout

It's discussed a fair bit already in here mate.

There are many reasons why European football has better atmosphere. In trying to create an ultrasafe, family friendly stadium, they've made it boring (this is Prem-wide though). It's time they shoved the family stand up into the north, then made that entire end standing, amongst other things.

DuncanEd

I am just back from Moscow I an assure you those who made the trip from the UK along with the Russian reds did sing consistently the entire first half but there was not a lot of us really and from what I could hear it was their Ultras who I heard the most behind the goal, the CSKA fans to our right I don't think joined in at all.

I would honestly say at a guess we maybe had 5-600 in there total despite what ticket sales might suggest they laid on 12 coaches that I counted when they dropped us back at red squre, one broke down on the way to the ground which I was on as luck would have it and there was at least two totally empty so 10 x 52 seater plus those local reds who perhaps walked or took a metro.

Martial song was sung the most and it was sung for 20 mins solid at the end of the fist half and whole way through the break into second half.

Cock song justice warriors will be pleased to know Man Uniteds number 9 was sung in praise of Rom. No cock songs.

Jose was able to hear us as were the players as Jose was able to give us a wave a few times. Sometimes you will find the mics just are not able to pick up away ends.

That's happened at PSV for example where your behind a plastic wall. Away end was bouncing yet on TV can barely hear anything.

FC midtjylland was another one where we sung 'we're fecking shit' at the end as the players came over. That was belted out yet watch the game back you would think no one was singing at all. I think on that occasion BT actually cut the sound of the mics to stop the profanity being broadcast.

Big giveaway regarding the mics is when we score, believe me everyone is screaming when a goal goes in yet ive flicked through highlights of CSKA game you can barely hear any cheers.

Pavl3n

I am just back from Moscow I an assure you those who made the trip from the UK along with the Russian reds did sing consistently the entire first half but there was not a lot of us really and from what I could hear it was their Ultras who I heard the most behind the goal, the CSKA fans to our right I don't think joined in at all.

I would honestly say at a guess we maybe had 5-600 in there total despite what ticket sales might suggest they laid on 12 coaches that I counted when they dropped us back at red squre, one broke down on the way to the ground which I was on as luck would have it and there was at least two totally empty so 10 x 52 seater plus those local reds who perhaps walked or took a metro.

Martial song was sung the most and it was sung for 20 mins solid at the end of the fist half and whole way through the break into second half.

Cock song justice warriors will be pleased to know Man Uniteds number 9 was sung in praise of Rom. No cock songs.

Jose was able to hear us as were the players as Jose was able to give us a wave a few times. Sometimes you will find the mics just are not able to pick up away ends.

That's happened at PSV for example where your behind a plastic wall. Away end was bouncing yet on TV can barely hear anything.

FC midtjylland was another one where we sung 'we're fecking shit' at the end as the players came over. That was belted out yet watch the game back you would think no one was singing at all. I think on that occasion BT actually cut the sound of the mics to stop the profanity being broadcast.

Big giveaway regarding the mics is when we score, believe me everyone is screaming when a goal goes in yet ive flicked through highlights of CSKA game you can barely hear any cheers.
No disrespect or offense intended towards you and all those who attended and supported the team. My post was a very poor selection of words and had more intent to seek answers from other people, not the ones traveling.

I want to say big thank you for making the effort and traveling to Moscow and supporting the team.

Pogba's Barber

Supports
Droylsden FC
I could hear the United fans on TV. I was watching on a stream of American sports channel TSN, and could clearly hear our chants every now and then, amongst the constant rumblings of the home fans. Not sure what Pavl3n is on about to be quite honest...

Token Sheet

"No 6 bus to Old Trafford 6p, Admission to re
There is a train of thought that the English atmosphere ie increase in noise, chanting reacting to what is happening on the pitch, is actually more noticed by the players and arguably more beneficial to the team.

Compare that to the "manufactured" constant din on the continent,which has no relevance to what is happening on the pitch and does it therefore actually spur the team on?

Also factor in the "it's all about us" and not the team attitude you seem to get with some of these ultra groups. I mean most of them don't even watch the game as it's going on.

I'm not saying that I agree with this but it does give a different view to what is a good atmosphere or not and what is actually more beneficial to the team.

DuncanEd

No disrespect or offense intended towards you and all those who attended and supported the team. My post was a very poor selection of words and had more intent to seek answers from other people, not the ones traveling. I want to say big thank you for making the effort and traveling to Moscow and supporting the team.
No offence taken mate your right about home games though it is quiet. Goes quiet at some aways for a spell sometimes also but as the below post says that's how english crowds work for any team they react to the pitch and the game.

There is a train of thought that the English atmosphere ie increase in noise, chanting reacting to what is happening on the pitch, is actually more noticed by the players and arguably more beneficial to the team.
Evra told andy mitten he preferred old trafford to any European crowd for exactly the reasons your saying. Makes sense to me if something happens which makes people suddenly start roaring then it would give you a little lift.

Plato

We have a load of dull chants at the moment.

The banks of the Irwell song in particular is easily the dullest song I've heard at a football match. The tempo of the song and the fighting lyrics are a complete mismatch. I remember when it was created a few years ago, there were videos of it with small groups and it sounded all right but there's something about hearing it at a stadium that grinds my gears, like people are being forced to sing it against their will and can't wait for it to finish. Just labouring through it like sex with your wife of 35 years. Routine, not passion. Woah woah, hey hey hey. It just doesn't work with that monotonous Manc twang. It probably wouldn't work with any twang though.

This scene from Peep Show sums up my feelings on our new songbook compared to the halcyon days of 07/08:

The United Irishman

"Martial is championship material at best"
There is a saying that when in a hole stop digging, yet you're just exacerbating the situation mate.

Christ, even as a City fan I thought your post was way off. Do you realise how much time, money, and effort goes into following one's team away in Europe? For trips to Moscow compared to trips to most Western European countries you can multiply the hassle factor several fold. Even just applying for a Visa to get into the country is a time consuming exercise. Yet you're getting all judgemental while watching the game from the comfort of your armchair or down your local pub and slagging off several hundred fans that have gone to admirable lengths to see their team play simply because you couldn't hear them through your TV above the din being created by the home fans:lol:
Spot-fecking-on Guy's on a total WUM