Jose Mourinho | 2017/18 Assessments | Poll Added

Your stance

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ace of Spades

We won, but we still look very disjointed as team. We will win against the weaker teams by relying on superior players, but against the top teams we will struggle as we always do.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
People are falling for this "laying down the law" shite?

Classic Mourinho, this. By dropping Pogba and Martial today he made it apparent that Wednesday's result was not his fault. He gave them instructions they didn't follow.

He's always pulled stunts like this. Instead of owning up to playing the wrong game, he benches popular 'stars', picks a team that should still theoretically best Huddersfield, and strengthens his position in the media.

Blame Pogba and Martial. Don't blame me...

Call me cynical and call me crazy, but it's classic Mourinho.
This is a classic case of letting your hate for Jose get in the way of your thinking. :lol:

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
He need to find a way to put our best players in squad and to get the best from them. Pogba is not dmc and martial is not right winger. Besides that he is doing excellent job

Kag

This is a classic case of letting your hate for Jose get in the way of your thinking. :lol:
I don't hate him. I've wanted him to manage us for a very long time (and presently still do). I just don't have my head up his arse.

Why was Pogba dropped today? Was it because McTominay was more likely to win us the game?

Dropping Pogba was a statement. A convenient one, I think, that strengthens Mourinho's position. He's the savviest manager there is - I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss it.

Paul_Scholes18

We know his flaws and strength by now. We do the job against the smaller teams but lack in the big games. Champions League will be a big test to come.

mike bird

Supports
Boston Celtics
I don't hate him. I've wanted him to manage us for a very long time (and presently still do). I just don't have my head up his arse.

Why was Pogba dropped today? Was it because McTominay was more likely to win us the game?

Dropping Pogba was a statement. A convenient one, I think, that strengthens Mourinho's position. He's the savviest manager there is - I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss it.

I m sure you like Jose. Out of your 13,028 posts in here, you slaughter him in the 13, 001 ones. But thats ok, we respect your opinion (NOT REALLY).

mike bird

Supports
Boston Celtics
Can the board sing him up for another 10 years? Not because I care, but I really like to piss off some haters in here.

Thanks Woody, get on with it then.

Kag

I m sure you like Jose. Out of your 13,028 posts in here, you slaughter him in the 13, 001 ones. But thats ok, we respect your opinion (NOT REALLY).
This is the second time you have opened dialogue about/with me since today's match has ended and it's been equally boring. On both occasions you haven't offered any viable sort of debate, just poorly formatted rubbish.

Leave it out.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Can the board sing him up for another 10 years? Not because I care, but I really like to piss off some haters in here.

Thanks Woody, get on with it then.
You see, I'm the opposite. Not because it'd "piss off" some of José's fans, but because it'd benefit Man Utd.

mike bird

Supports
Boston Celtics
This is the second time you have opened dialogue about/with me since today's match has ended and it's been equally boring. On both occasions you haven't offered any viable sort of debate, just poorly formatted rubbish.

Leave it out.

What are you on about dude? It s not really worth it to get in a dialogue with you. I m bored and don t care for negative sad people.

If you don t want people to open dialogue with you, stop posting.

Kag

What are you on about dude? It s not really worth it to get in a dialogue with you. I m bored and don t care for negative sad people.

If you don t want people to open dialogue with you, stop posting.
But that's exactly what you did.

Ban

We won, but we still look very disjointed as team. We will win against the weaker teams by relying on superior players, but against the top teams we will struggle as we always do.
I think we looked pretty good today. Not the whole game but certainly disjointed wasn't the word that popped into my head at all. Lots of movement, combinations..

Womp

idiot
Did we? We came up against a team that had almost no ambition to play, were set up with two banks of four and were playing an offside trap. Not to add the constant fouls which were killing any momentum we were building. We were playing some quick, fluid stuff at times.

haram

Deserves credit for;

- Improving Lingard as a player
- Giving McTominay a start in a PL game

His decision to play Mata on the right in games like this is 100% correct

RedPnutz

Why don't we try to fly with a submarine? Or, wait for Panda eggs? Of course he'll be bad, the whole team was. Badly played chess.
Your analogy works better if Mourinho was trying to play Kobe Bryant in a football midfield.

Managers will always tinker with the team. SAF played Rafael in midfield, Rooney at right back, etc. There's a purpose. Doesn't mean it always works. Just move on.

RedPnutz

When the oppositions main aim seems to be defending deep and fouling your players, I'd imagine that looking disjointed would be pretty normal. I recalled when SAF told our players to rough up the Arsenal team - I bet they were disjointed too.

AshRK

I still don't see our attacking play being properly coached. He really needs to send more time in improving our attacking football. The talents we have in attack is amazing , needs to utilise to its full effect.

walkinhop

Your analogy works better if Mourinho was trying to play Kobe Bryant in a football midfield.

Managers will always tinker with the team. SAF played Rafael in midfield, Rooney at right back, etc. There's a purpose. Doesn't mean it always works. Just move on.
This an absolutely valid explanation and I would be moving on if was any true in our case.
We keep trying to do the same thing, we are not tinkering, we are stubbornly repeating ourselves.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Nah, I can see his point. I want Jose as our manager. Best manager out there for us. However there is a pattern with big games. We play poorly, get overrun, lose, then two star players seem to get dropped.

The game has moved on a little. Jose needs to do the same in bigger games. We also now have a wealth of talent and the most part of an excellent team. Jose needs to get that team playing better especially in big games. Then if one or two players let him down...drop them. When it's the whole team in almost every big game.....it's on the manager.

eat_grass

Luke Shaw said in a recent interview that even while Mourinho was blasting him in the press, Shaw always felt like Mourinho was always good to him one-on-one and behind the cameras. I bet he didn't blast Pogba in the locker room. He just dropped him form the lineup and expected Pogba to understand why. In fact, Lampard recently said the same thing on Sky: Mourinho would stop talking to him, so he'd start analyzing his recent performances to figure out what he'd done wrong, and fix it. Then Mourinho would start talking to him again. :lol:

An absolute fact about Mourinho: he will not hand-feed you the answer. He demands that you think and find the answer yourself. It's without a doubt the one thing I admire most about his approach/character.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
Mourinho is undoubtably better than Moyes and LVG but I cannot understand all this “best manager in the world” comments at all.

Despite spending an absolute kings fortune on new players, we still appear disjointed and severely undercoached from an attacking perspective.

You have the worlds most expensive midfielder at your disposal and then you shackle him by playing him in a defensive two man deep lying midfield. He’ll do a job there but you’re only getting 50% of what he’s capable of.

Sanchez, who’s one of the best offensive players in the world was back defending in front of his own penalty box again yesterday. Mourinho needs to feck off with that bullshit.

Mourinho has steadied the ship that was drifting into uncharted territories under the previous managers, but I have serious doubts over whether he’s the man to get us playing the attacking football that Manchester united fans demand.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
Nah, I can see his point. I want Jose as our manager. Best manager out there for us. However there is a pattern with big games. We play poorly, get overrun, lose, then two star players seem to get dropped.

The game has moved on a little. Jose needs to do the same in bigger games. We also now have a wealth of talent and the most part of an excellent team. Jose needs to get that team playing better especially in big games. Then if one or two players let him down...drop them. When it's the whole team in almost every big game.....it's on the manager.
You are right, It is on the manager. Like it is at any club. But bizarrely a lot of our fans Would rather believe that 3/4 of our squad are Shite rather than it being a tactical and managerial deficiency of Mourinho.

If Mourinho is the tactical genius that many on here believe he is, why hasn’t he formulated a tactic to get the best out of Pogba and provide Lukaku with the type of service he needs?

Fracture90

@The Bloody-Nine erm because defending deep and catching opposition on the counter in the last 10-15 minutes of the game when you're 1 up and they go all in isn't really playing attacking football per se. It's stat padding if anything .

Z1L3

Supports
Partizan Belgrade
You are right, It is on the manager. Like it is at any club. But bizarrely a lot of our fans Would rather believe that 3/4 of our squad are Shite rather than it being a tactical and managerial deficiency of Mourinho.

If Mourinho is the tactical genius that many on here believe he is, why hasn’t he formulated a tactic to get the best out of Pogba and provide Lukaku with the type of service he needs?
Is it possible that we can all see that 433 with Pogba on the left works much better than 4231, but Jose doesn't? I don't think so.

This is a guy who; after winning everything with Porto in his first season, including the UEFA cup; felt that his players were losing tactical discipline due to overconfidence, so he changed the formation from 433 to 442 diamond because that formation demands much higher tactical discipline in order to be effective. They went on to win the Champions League in the second season.

This is a key concept of Mourihno's coaching method; he doesn't demand a thing from his players; he rather creates situations that demand certain things from the players. I wouldn't be surprised if his insistence on 4231 is a method to train players to evolve their game. For example, Pogba is great going forward, but right now he is a defensive liability because of lack of defensive awareness, lack of work rate without the ball, and poor decision making with the ball in his own half. Forcing him to play as a holding mid could very well be a training method to improve on those aspects of his game. On the other hand, adjusting the formation to suit his game would benefit the team in the short run, but then Pogba would never evolve.

Then again, I might be wrong.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia

The million dollar question. That's what he needs to do going forwards

MThomas

Figo: In Spain we called Benitez 'píldora para dor
Still not sure about some of his decision making. What's the point of the story about Matic carrying an injury for the past 6weeks, only to start him at home against Huddersfield. I mean, it's the perfect chance to give him a bit of a rest, so why not use it, or is it his way of proving a point about squad depth ?

Nicolarra90

Mourinho is undoubtably better than Moyes and LVG but I cannot understand all this “best manager in the world” comments at all.

Despite spending an absolute kings fortune on new players, we still appear disjointed and severely undercoached from an attacking perspective.

You have the worlds most expensive midfielder at your disposal and then you shackle him by playing him in a defensive two man deep lying midfield. He’ll do a job there but you’re only getting 50% of what he’s capable of.

Sanchez, who’s one of the best offensive players in the world was back defending in front of his own penalty box again yesterday. Mourinho needs to feck off with that bullshit.

Mourinho has steadied the ship that was drifting into uncharted territories under the previous managers, but I have serious doubts over whether he’s the man to get us playing the attacking football that Manchester united fans demand.
That's Alexis way of playing, has always done it in every team. Also in our NT. He tracks back everytime he can or losses the ball

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Pogba was dropped because he didn't follow the manager's instructions. He didn't 'blame' Pogba for the loss in the media; because he actually defended him in the media by saying it wasn't a punishment!

eat_grass

I laugh when haters claim Mourinho is blind to his environment -- that he doesn't hear the criticism and doesn't understand football anymore.

[1:20]

Status
Not open for further replies.