Jose Mourinho | 2017/18 Assessments | Poll Added

Your stance

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Win big trophies, yes. But when? Did they say, "If you don't win a 'big' trophy in your first two seasons, then we'll fire you?" We don't really know that, do we? People need to be a bit more humble in making assertions. Use words like 'if', 'maybe', 'perhaps'.
He didn't say anything about sacking Mourinho. You're making stuff up.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
I think we have made progress in the big games this season (even if little) we've picked up more points, but I still don't think its been good enough overall.

R'hllor

It's pretty amusing how even balanced views wind up the extremely pro Mourinho lot. They seem to lack perspective and tolerance just as much as ones at the opposite end.
Not even close. I am yet to see anti JM brigade going all on someone who has positive and negative view in same sentence.

Issues people have about certain things being ignored completely, hell even posts regarding that table above says it.

GM K

What are you even on about? This seems to be more about you feeling threatened by by kid gloves not been used in a post on the internet, which is a bit odd.

It's pretty amusing how even balanced views wind up the extremely pro Mourinho lot. They seem to lack perspective and tolerance just as much as ones at the opposite end.
What are you even on about? This seems to be more about you feeling threatened by by kid gloves not been used in a post on the internet, which is a bit odd.

And it's pretty amusing how you think your initial response to my post is close to being 'balanced'.

GM K

He didn't say anything about sacking Mourinho. You're making stuff up.
You might need to read what I first wrote and how he responded since you are keen on intervening. But if this is how you choose to sum things up, I can't help it. Good luck to you. No need to keep on about what he said or didn't say or what he meant or didn't mean like kids.

Hawks2008

Progress has been made, we are definitely better off now than when he arrived. That being said it isn't a total success. We have not challenged for top silverware under him yet (league cup and EL aren't big trophies) and the football is pretty dour (often effective but not always the most exciting or stimulating stuff) and these are problems IMO. An even bigger problem is bridging the gap to City. They probably (hopefully) won't replicate their ridiculous run next year but they are still streets ahead of everyone in personnel, coaching, planning, and money spent and will likely be dominant again next season. I'm not calling for his head yet but I think that extension was a little premature and IMO if he fails to deliver the league title next season then questions have to be asked.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
And it's pretty amusing how you think your initial response to my post is close to being 'balanced'.
Sure is. But I wouldn't expect someone with one dimensional views to comprehend that.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Not even close. I am yet to see anti JM brigade going all on someone who has positive and negative view in same sentence.

Issues people have about certain things being ignored completely, hell even posts regarding that table above says it.
That's true. And it actually pushes those on the fence to have to say even more negative stuff. So well done to them for beating their own posts to pulp I suppose.

Crashoutcassius

Hard to watch the way Liverpool play and not want to get back to that type of play. Mourinho is here to steady the ship but we know we won't achieve what we want the way we want to without change.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Hard to watch the way Liverpool play and not want to get back to that type of play. Mourinho is here to steady the ship but we know we won't achieve what we want the way we want to without change.
Personally, I'm not asking for Liverpool style of play, that will never come and I'm not sure it's the way to go.
Just want our attack to look like a functioning unit.

Return of the Manc

Personally, I'm not asking for Liverpool style of play, that will never come and I'm not sure it's the way to go.
Just want our attack to look like a functioning unit.
Don't think this will happen unless we stop playing reactive football where we make changes (even if only subtle) trying to out-do an opposition team on a microscopic level week in an week out. I just want to see a team that attempts to play the same type of football or 90% of it every match.
I can look at a lot of the other teams in the league- can not follow a match & still have an idea the way they would attempt to be playing - a solid gameplan that changes for no-one.

Whether we play against Barcelona or stoke or against Huddersfield or Chelsea - I want us to be playing pro-active football where the fans can close their eyes & visualise the next movement before it happens. That never does happen & its because we are a reactive team with minimal partnerships across the field - not even up to our CB's.

It was actually one of the only thing I did like about LVG earlier on - that no matter who we played, we played football the same way - I could see connections starting to build sometimes & partnerships starting to build. It was the 90% of other teams (Big & Small) that changed their tactics to become reactive around our tactics; sitting back completely and allowing us all the opportunity in the world to try & break through them - even though it hardly ever happened.

Reactions: sizzling sausages

GM K

Sure is. But I wouldn't expect someone with one dimensional views to comprehend that.
Okay Mr. Multiple Dimensional views and member of the United Board. Nice chatting with you. I concede you were right. Run along now.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
Mourinho is not getting anywhere close to the best out of this team. Not even close.
Well, last season, we won 2 trophies, which was very good, given the strength of our squad. He won more trophies in 1 season, than the previous 2 managers did in 3 seasons.
This season, we are in 2nd place in the league, still in the CL, still in the FA Cup. Let's wait and see how this season plays out.

Personally, I think that given the squad available to him, Jose is doing fantastically well.

Akshay

Staff
Don't think this will happen unless we stop playing reactive football where we make changes (even if only subtle) trying to out-do an opposition team on a microscopic level week in an week out. I just want to see a team that attempts to play the same type of football or 90% of it every match.
I can look at a lot of the other teams in the league- can not follow a match & still have an idea the way they would attempt to be playing - a solid gameplan that changes for no-one.

Whether we play against Barcelona or stoke or against Huddersfield or Chelsea - I want us to be playing pro-active football where the fans can close their eyes & visualise the next movement before it happens. That never does happen & its because we are a reactive team with minimal partnerships across the field - not even up to our CB's.

It was actually one of the only thing I did like about LVG earlier on - that no matter who we played, we played football the same way - I could see connections starting to build sometimes & partnerships starting to build. It was the 90% of other teams (Big & Small) that changed their tactics to become reactive around our tactics; sitting back completely and allowing us all the opportunity in the world to try & break through them - even though it hardly ever happened.
I'm completely fine with us adapting our tactics to the opponent instead of always being predictable. If the fans can visualize the team's next move so can the opposition coach and players. All big teams are capable of playing on both the front foot as well as counterattacking, and so could United under Sir Alex. That's what we should be aiming for. At the moment the fluidity and understanding between our attackers just isn't on the level it needs to be, and we also have problems building from the back. It's not a reason to throw out our strengths like being tactically flexible and defensively robust.

Greek9

Supports
Panathinaikos
I wonder if it will change some of the fans perception of him if we win the next 3 games? Surely a qualification to the quarters of CL and a victory against Liverpool will have some positive effect even to the most negative fans? I know there is no saving the ones who are after 'entertaining' football but winning important games could be a step in the ''Okay I'm fine with him staying now" direction.

Member 90887

Yeah, he has to be our man of the match. cracking subs.

We finished the game with 2 CBs 1 FB and a CM and 6 attack minded players!

Donnie Brasco

People couldn't wait to write "Jose out", we are shite, we should of get Klopp, Pep, Poch bla bla, the constant negative comments...

Two comeback wins in a row. :drool::drool::drool:

Greck

Second game in a row his subs have brought us from behind/won us the game

el3mel

Hardluck to all those that we were preparing their knives after Palace second goal. :)

AndyJ1985

The football is dreadful and we always start games on the back foot. His subs usually change things but it's worrying that the subs are always needed to change it. Why can't he get it right from the first whistle?

spiriticon

Shite tactics at the start, then decided to go all Fergie when we lose a goal, throw attackers on and we have won the last 2 games coming from behind.

Just do it Fergie's way from the start, Jose.

Ban

The football is dreadful and we always start games on the back foot. His subs usually change things but it's worrying that the subs are always needed to change it. Why can't he get it right from the first whistle?
Love your tagline. :lol:

Kag

Another largely dreadful performance that a last minute goal doesn't really change.

After almost two years, the quality of our football is unacceptable.

Hamadovich86

Deserves all the credit for changing the way we played in the second half, he took a massive risk using all his subs so early on and it paid off.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
He was fantastic today, constantly screaming at players and giving instructions.

Some of the players were horrible but it looked like he never lost hope.

Ban

That's nice. Now back to Mourinho.
Ups sorry Sir.
:houllier:

Great subs and it was good to see he went for it completely.
I agree we started slowly and that tends to happen. We proved today and vs Chelsea that when we go for it we have it in our locker to be really dangerous.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Another largely dreadful performance that a last minute goal doesn't really change.

After almost two years, the quality of our football is unacceptable.
This. Amazing comeback and I’m buzzing to see that again, when was the last time we came from 2-0 down? Mourinho also deserves credit for the proactive subs, however, your point is absolutely correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.