Jose Mourinho | 2017/18 Assessments | Poll Added

Your stance

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jonno

I am observing if there was some shifting of votes after the Martial news by Bouhafsi. Interestingly enough, there was no big shift at all and I remember the share for sacking being 33% some time ago.

All in all, if a manager has 1/3 of his club‘s fanbase calling for his head, that is a sign that things are going south rather quickly. If that number rises to 50% or thereabouts, you would think it would be unavoidable to sack him. Or else you risk a Wenger situation, with a manager who dominates everything on the inside and has no confidence from the outside, leading to a toxic environment and trust issues on all sides.
Except it's not 1/3 of the clubs fanbase, is it. It's 1/3 of a football forum for Manchester United. We have a whole range of football fans on here from all clubs, and whilst 'most' will be Manchester United fans, the majority of forum posters like to post when things are in a negative state or things aren't going right, or basically coming online for a moan. We all do it including me, but that then creates a place where things seem much worse than they are. I'm pretty sure if you forced the poll on every fan inside OT, it wouldn't be 1/3 saying calling for his head.

How you're comparing our current situation to Wenger at Arsenal is completely beyond me. Did we just finish 6th? No, 2nd.

Manchester United's trajectory post SAF - 7th, 4th, 5th, 6th, 2nd - Mourinho has quite clearly created an upward trajectory in Manchester United's premier league fortunes. Wenger: 4th 3rd 2nd 5th 6th - Downward trajectory, along with incredibly poor squad building in the transfer market, along with the inability to win against the other top sides. Compared to Mourinho's excellent ability to squad build in the transfer market, and excellent ability to beat the top sides as demonstrated when he beat every side in the top 6 in the final 2 months of the season.

I can tell you that the majority of fans (not 1/3) that I know personally, and I know a lot of United fans as I've been a season ticket holder for 10 years, are realists and appreciate the poor position United were in when Mourinho took over, and appreciate our first top 2 finish in years, the first moment of stability in years, one of the most successful managers currently in the game at our club.

Holding onto a manager without the trust from the outside (fans, players, agents, sponsors etc) makes no sense and the most successfull clubs are those who act quickly nowadays.

Look at Real Madrid in 2015, they lost ground in La Liga with Benitez, changed him for Zidane and won the CL at the end of the season.

Likewise Bayern, got rid of Ancelotti sitting in 3rd place a few weeks into the season, lured back Heynckes and won the title in convincing fashion.
Real Madrid in 2015 had a MUCH better squad than United currently have right now. Should we get Zidane in now and see if we win 3 CL's in 3 seasons? United don't even have a recognised CB pairing, don't even have actual Full Backs, have only just finally sufficiently completed their CM's... This current United squad is miles off the Real Madrid team from 2015.

The exact same can be said for Bayern. They have a tremendous monopoly of players in the German league. They should win the league every season without contest.

Barca does the same if a manager doesn‘t deliver (anymore). Luis Enrique was treble winner in 2015, domestic double winner in 2016 and domestic cup winner in 2017. His performance in La Liga and CL was not good enough in 2017, they changed him for Valverde and won the league at a canter in 2018.
I would love to see any manager come in, take this United team and propel them to about 105 points next season, which is what it would take to win the league. If you think someone should come in and 'win the league at a canter', then we should be aiming for about 115 points, yeah? Who in world football can do that? Maybe Mourinho is actually doing a better job than you give him credit for, over 80 points with a depleted team is quite an achievement. This squad is probably another 2 years away from being complete and that isn't his fault, it's Moyes and moreso LVG's fault for selling badly and buying terribly.

Mourinho inherited a midfield of Rooney, Schweinsteiger and Schneiderlin, wingers of Depay and Januzaj. This re-build has come a long way but it's still got a long way to go.

Keep in mind the player material in every one of those situations was of course very good, but also they performed badly under the old coach and the squads were not transformed in huge scale. Some guys like Heynckes or Zidane couldn‘t make big signings and Valverde even lost his second best player.
Keep in mind the calibre of player Zidane, Heynckes and Valverde have at their disposal in comparison to United. You think Real Madrid would have won 3 CL's with Blind, Darmian, Jones, Rojo, Shaw, Young, Fellaini, etc etc etc.... come on. We have 1 world class player and that's DDG, Real Madrid have about 5 so changing the manager will allow a new manager to influence WORLD CLASS PLAYERS to win things. You change Mourinho, it's not going to turn Phil Jones into Sergio Ramos, Fellaini into Kroos, Martial into Ronaldo..... come on.

Last edited:

fellaini's barber

We were comfortably the 2nd best team in the entire division, only to a team that smashed every record written in the Premier League.

A team that has completely outspent us

A team that has at least 2 world class players in every single position
. This has taken about 5-6 years of good spending. United have only had a clear transfer policy and been wise in the market since Jose arrived, 2 years ago. Previous to that we were messing around with random agent offerings like Falcao, Di Maria, Schweinsteiger, Darmian, Blind, Fellaini, Depay, Schneiderlain, Rojo, etc etc etc - so when you consider City were heavily investing in world class stars at that same time, preparing for this period with Pep, you will realise that we are still 3-4 years behind City in terms of constructing a complete squad and yet what, you demand more points than City?

Literally, no manager in the history of the PL has constructed a team that can reach over 100 points in a season apart from Pep.

But continue to moan that this seasons results of a 3rd cup final in 2 seasons and a 2nd place finish, scoring over 80 points, weren't good enough.
:lol:Come on man, defend the man all you want but no need for ridiculous exaggerations. Stones, Delph, Otamendi, Walker, Sterling, Jesus are nothing close to world class and neither are their back ups and they made the bulk of his team most of this season.

Its really ridiculous how much people in their bid to defend Jose put down our players and overrate City's.Otamendi, Stones, Delph, Jesus, Sane, Sterling,Sane, Walker. ...they're all fecking world class all of a sudden and all ours are suddenly shit. Not one single person thought this about any of these players before last season. Pep had a record breaking season with a squad of 3-4 arguably world class players and a couple of other decent-very good players not extraordinarily better than what we have, but everyone keeps going on like this guy claiming he has 2 world class players in every position. In the meantime Jose has spent $300 million over 4 windows yet our only world class player is still the keeper he inherited. What's the excuses for that?

Don Alfredo

Supports
Germany
Except it's not 1/3 of the clubs fanbase, is it. It's 1/3 of a football forum for Manchester United. We have a whole range of football fans on here from all clubs, and whilst 'most' will be Manchester United fans, the majority of forum posters like to post when things are in a negative state or things aren't going right, or basically coming online for a moan. We all do it including me, but that then creates a place where things seem much worse than they are. I'm pretty sure if you forced the poll on every fan inside OT, it wouldn't be 1/3 saying calling for his head.

How you're comparing our current situation to Wenger at Arsenal is completely beyond me. Did we just finish 6th? No, 2nd.

Manchester United's trajectory post SAF - 7th, 4th, 5th, 6th, 2nd - Mourinho has quite clearly created an upward trajectory in Manchester United's premier league fortunes. Wenger: 4th 3rd 2nd 5th 6th - Downward trajectory, along with incredibly poor squad building in the transfer market, along with the inability to win against the other top sides. Compared to Mourinho's excellent ability to squad build in the transfer market, and excellent ability to beat the top sides as demonstrated when he beat every side in the top 6 in the final 2 months of the season.

I can tell you that the majority of fans (not 1/3) that I know personally, and I know a lot of United fans as I've been a season ticket holder for 10 years, are realists and appreciate the poor position United were in when Mourinho took over, and appreciate our first top 2 finish in years, the first moment of stability in years, one of the most successful managers currently in the game at our club.
I don't think there is any incentive for opposition fan's to vote in the poll and even if there is, the numbers will be too small to have any significant impact. I agree that there are unhappy people who go online to moan, but it is just an indication for many people in the Utd fanbase being not happy with the performances. You can see it here, with very big and vocal numbers arguing against Mourinho. Twitter also has many fans who are not happy with him and did you really had the impression of Old Trafford wondering in awe at the scintillating style and results they were served? I don't want to pretend the 1/3 number is true for sure, but you can't deny there is not a small number of fans who are turned off by the football /results / decisions. Take it just as an indicator.

The Arsenal comparison is not right in terms of positions. Arsenal operates on a lower level because of Europa League for the second year in the row (never happened at Man Utd) and they are not as rich. I still think you can compare the toxicity and the disappointments of the fanbases relative to the expected success. Arsenal fans expected Top4, Man Utd fans expected a title challenge and both were out of their respective races before Christmas.

Real Madrid in 2015 had a MUCH better squad than United currently have right now. Should we get Zidane in now and see if we win 3 CL's in 3 seasons? United don't even have a recognised CB pairing, don't even have actual Full Backs, have only just finally sufficiently completed their CM's... This current United squad is miles off the Real Madrid team from 2015.

The exact same can be said for Bayern. They have a tremendous monopoly of players in the German league. They should win the league every season without contest.
Of course no one can expect to win the CL 3 times in a row. You can expect to do better against Sevilla in the CL, to win against 5th placed Chelsea with a manager who is virtually gone and you can expect to not be the team with the 5th most goals scored in the league.

The thing with the CB's and full backs: It's on Jose to work that out, he had many transfer windows already. He signed Bailly and Lindelof, none of them could earn a starting spot every week. He could have sold Jones / Rojo / Blind / Darmian / Shaw because they are not reliable and sign some actual fullbacks instead of playing 32 year olds there.

Of course should Bayern win the season every season, just like Utd should win every time against Sevilla at OT. When Ancelotti was sacked, many people on here said how Bayern is finished, the squad is too old etc. Heynckes actually pushed Madrid to the limits with a very good game at the Bernabeu even though his best winger was out injured (Coman). He did not only win the title, he completely transformed the team and made them CL contenders again after the PSG embarassement.

I would love to see any manager come in, take this United team and propel them to about 105 points next season, which is what it would take to win the league. If you think someone should come in and 'win the league at a canter', then we should be aiming for about 115 points, yeah? Who in world football can do that? Maybe Mourinho is actually doing a better job than you give him credit for, over 80 points with a depleted team is quite an achievement. This squad is probably another 2 years away from being complete and that isn't his fault, it's Moyes and moreso LVG's fault for selling badly and buying terribly.

Mourinho inherited a midfield of Rooney, Schweinsteiger and Schneiderlin, wingers of Depay and Januzaj. This re-build has come a long way but it's still got a long way to go.

Keep in mind the calibre of player Zidane, Heynckes and Valverde have at their disposal in comparison to United. You think Real Madrid would have won 3 CL's with Blind, Darmian, Jones, Rojo, Shaw, Young, Fellaini, etc etc etc.... come on. We have 1 world class player and that's DDG, Real Madrid have about 5 so changing the manager will allow a new manager to influence WORLD CLASS PLAYERS to win things. You change Mourinho, it's not going to turn Phil Jones into Sergio Ramos, Fellaini into Kroos, Martial into Ronaldo..... come on.
You missed to mention a few big names when discussing the squads. Pogba 105m? Lukaku 75m? Sanchez? Mkhitaryan? It is not like Mourinho hadn't had his shot at building a squad of very good players. Of course he doesn't have Ronaldo, but he didn't buy Salah either. A modestly cheap player, who performed like an expensive one.

What Mourinho has to do is to have his team perform given the expectations based on the player material. That would be getting 85-90 points, getting to the QFs/Semis of the CL and scoring WAY more goals with attackers like Sanchez, Lukaku, Rashford, Martial, Pogba etc

That should be the absolute minimum of any top club (still no title in that scenario!) and akin to Valverde winning La Liga with Barca.

On top of that, there are added expectations because he is Jose Mourinho, the 2nd most decorated manager of this century and once regarded as the best coach in the world. He is not supposed to perform like his player material suggests, he is supposed to outperform the quality of his squads. That is how he produced the biggest outsider CL win of the century, that is how he dominated the best league in the world in an unseen fashion and that is how he produced the best season any Italian side ever had.

It feels like his magic is long gone, last seen 2012 in a record points season to beat Pep's Barca to the la Liga title.

Doing something really outstanding, coming out on top even if you don't have the best players or the best conditions. To make a team more than the sum of it's parts. That's what Pep did in the PL this year or what Klopp did in the CL. That's what the best coaches in the world do and with Mourinho and the current Utd, the team feels like less than the sum of it's parts.

Jonno

I don't think there is any incentive for opposition fan's to vote in the poll and even if there is, the numbers will be too small to have any significant impact. I agree that there are unhappy people who go online to moan, but it is just an indication for many people in the Utd fanbase being not happy with the performances. You can see it here, with very big and vocal numbers arguing against Mourinho. Twitter also has many fans who are not happy with him and did you really had the impression of Old Trafford wondering in awe at the scintillating style and results they were served? I don't want to pretend the 1/3 number is true for sure, but you can't deny there is not a small number of fans who are turned off by the football /results / decisions. Take it just as an indicator.
You're using Twitter as a measure of how happy fans are? You know the majority are kids in India who can't even spell Manchester, right? Twitter is the hotbed of abusive tweets, I could give a donation of 100 quid to every single twitter user and they'd still find something abusive to write back. You look at hashtags for every manager, every player and there is tonnes of abuse. Please do not use Twitter, or Redcafe as a barometer of how Manchester United fans feel about Mourinho. You can't even say it's an indicator, because it isn't. If 1 third of United fans want Mourinho sacked, then why can't I hear 20,000 fans on Old Trafford chanting for him to be sacked? 20,000 fans, like you say, inside Old Trafford, want him sacked. I don't hear them shouting Mourinho out..... Why haven't they put a quid each into a pot and flown a plane over?

Discontent with tactics maybe, but not about the progress and results. I'm one that is discontent with the tactics, but I appreciate a first top 2 finish in 5 years. Context.

The Arsenal comparison is not right in terms of positions. Arsenal operates on a lower level because of Europa League for the second year in the row (never happened at Man Utd) and they are not as rich. I still think you can compare the toxicity and the disappointments of the fanbases relative to the expected success. Arsenal fans expected Top4, Man Utd fans expected a title challenge and both were out of their respective races before Christmas.
Arsenal operate on a lower level, because Wenger took them to a lower level. He took them from Champions League finishes to Europa League finishes. They are in the Europa League for the second year in a row because Wenger took them there. It never happened at United because Mourinho helped United qualify for the Champions League last season, and this season. This was not a normal occurrence under Moyes and LVG. He has steadily improved our finishes in the league and secured us back to back CL finishes, for the first time since Fergie retired! Progress, context.

Of course no one can expect to win the CL 3 times in a row. You can expect to do better against Sevilla in the CL, to win against 5th placed Chelsea with a manager who is virtually gone and you can expect to not be the team with the 5th most goals scored in the league.
Barcelona lost to Roma, you were marvelling over Barca's new manager in your previous post, well why didn't he get them to a CL final?

The thing with the CB's and full backs: It's on Jose to work that out, he had many transfer windows already. He signed Bailly and Lindelof, none of them could earn a starting spot every week. He could have sold Jones / Rojo / Blind / Darmian / Shaw because they are not reliable and sign some actual fullbacks instead of playing 32 year olds there.
It's called one step at a time. When Mourinho took over, there were probably 15-17 players in our squad that ARE NOT GOOD ENOUGH for Manchester United. Mourinho has, window-by-window, begun clearing the squad, improving the squad, position by position. To say he's had time to replace the CB's and Full backs is unfair. He had to prioritise other areas. CM was in desperate need of strengthening. Matic, Pogba, Fred have come in. Strikers, Sanchez and Lukaku have come in. These were drastic improvements that were NEEDED. Compare that to City, who didn't need drastic improvement. They had a core of world class players, they brought in fullbacks to complete the jigsaw. Their midfield and strikers were complete and were gelled and in sync so he didn't need to touch that area. Just some fullbacks. Much easier than Mourinho having to re-build every single position bar the goalkeeper. If he focused on fixing the wingbacks, he wouldn't have been able to fix the midfield. You criticise our CB's, yet United had an impeccable defensive record last season.

Of course should Bayern win the season every season, just like Utd should win every time against Sevilla at OT. When Ancelotti was sacked, many people on here said how Bayern is finished, the squad is too old etc. Heynckes actually pushed Madrid to the limits with a very good game at the Bernabeu even though his best winger was out injured (Coman). He did not only win the title, he completely transformed the team and made them CL contenders again after the PSG embarassement.
United should beat Sevilla. Mourinho's job shouldn't hang on the Sevilla defeat. I was angry, annoyed, dissapointed and upset that we got knocked out like we did. But it was a bad performance by the players and the manager. Every manager has a bad performance.

Your comparisons that we should be doing as well as Bayern is so strange. They wouldn't have won the PL last season, they'd have come 2nd like we did. They didn't win the CL, they didn't come close. This despite having the monopoly of all the best players in the Bundesliga. We do not have the monopoly of the best players in the PL. Arguably Tottenham have a stronger squad than United, yet Mourinho still managed to get us over 80 points.

You missed to mention a few big names when discussing the squads. Pogba 105m? Lukaku 75m? Sanchez? Mkhitaryan? It is not like Mourinho hadn't had his shot at building a squad of very good players. Of course he doesn't have Ronaldo, but he didn't buy Salah either. A modestly cheap player, who performed like an expensive one.
Pogba was a very good purchase, but not to provide us with guaranteed, instant success. He is inconsistent, unpredictable and has problems with his form both at club level and at International level. That's not stopped him from getting many man of the match awards and growing into the team. But he's not world class, neither is Lukaku. I would take Kroos and Ronaldo over Pogba and Lukaku, by a clear mile. You're forgetting that both are young players and we've invested for the future. You also have to appreciate that Pogba replaced Fellaini in the starting lineup. Fellaini. Lukaku replaced Zlatan, who replaced Rooney. these signings were massively essential. The squad without these two players isn't worthy of top 4 football. Without Lukaku and Pogba, we're on par with Arsenal in squad levels. Yet you think we should be on par with Real Madrid and Bayern Munich! Ridiculous. Utterly ridiculous.

What Mourinho has to do is to have his team perform given the expectations based on the player material. That would be getting 85-90 points, getting to the QFs/Semis of the CL and scoring WAY more goals with attackers like Sanchez, Lukaku, Rashford, Martial, Pogba etc
Why should Rashford and Martial be getting us 90 points? When have they ever done that for their clubs? When has Lukaku? 2nd best in the PL is arguably where we deserve to be. Yet you seem to think we should be getting 90 points? You know where we would be with 90 points? 2nd. The same position we are currently in.

On top of that, there are added expectations because he is Jose Mourinho, the 2nd most decorated manager of this century and once regarded as the best coach in the world. He is not supposed to perform like his player material suggests, he is supposed to outperform the quality of his squads. That is how he produced the biggest outsider CL win of the century, that is how he dominated the best league in the world in an unseen fashion and that is how he produced the best season any Italian side ever had.
So you think Mourinho should just be instantly sacked for progressing Man United's league finish from 6th to 2nd? 2nd to only a record breaking star studded peak City team?

You want the impossible. City have spent 5 years investing in this current squad, they have 2 world class players worth 50m in practically every position. United are still depleated and it will take time. But fans like you just moan for instant success. Spoilt fans who can't see the evident progress that has been made in 2 years. Evident of the opposition of City on over 100 points. Find me a manager who would get 105 points with this squad.... I won't hold my breath.

Doing something really outstanding, coming out on top even if you don't have the best players or the best conditions. To make a team more than the sum of it's parts. That's what Pep did in the PL this year or what Klopp did in the CL. That's what the best coaches in the world do and with Mourinho and the current Utd, the team feels like less than the sum of it's parts.
So why don't you give him time to build his team, rather than demand we yank the carpet from under his feat? He is currently mid-way through his project, he has driven us from 6th to 2nd, 3 cup finals in 2 seasons, improving the playing squad, yet you're opinion is, na, sorry, not good enough. You are the 2nd most decorated manager in the game, you do know how to build world class squads and win trophies, but sorry, 2 years in, your improvements in the league taking us to over 80 points and being higher in the league than Liverpool, Spurs, Chelsea etc doesn't count for a step in the right direction because you didn't win the CL and PL straight away.

That my friend is a very spoilt-brattish child like demand. I'd understand if he took us from 6th to 8th. Or 6th to 6th. Or 6th to 5th. He's strided us forward and improving us. One step at a time, have some patience, please.

Jonno

:lol:Come on man, defend the man all you want but no need for ridiculous exaggerations. Stones, Delph, Otamendi, Walker, Sterling, Jesus are nothing close to world class and neither are their back ups and they made the bulk of his team most of this season.
Meh, Im exaggerating to an extent, but the fact is, City's squad and squad depth is miles better than United's. Or at least when both Pep and Mourinho took over there was a gulf of a gap.

Stones v Jones? Stones
Delph v Shaw? Delph
Otamendi v Rojo? Otamendi
Walker v Young? Walker
Sterling v Martial? Sterling
Jesus v nobody because we don't currently have an out and out back up striker? Jesus.

Their squad depth is insane, they have spent 5 years spending close to a billion pounds on this squad to take them to where they are.

Mourinho has inherited a squad of mis-fits. Agents forcing their players on a naive Woodward (much improved since), who trusted LVG to sell everyone and buy everyone. Whilst this was happening, City were invseting in credible, quality players. We are left with a raft of rejects. Schneiderlain, Schweinsteiger, Rooney and Fellaini were our CM's for christ sake! Compare that to KDB, Silva, Fernandinho..... Leagues apart.

In the meantime Jose has spent $300 million over 4 windows yet our only world class player is still the keeper he inherited. What's the excuses for that?
Harsh really. Pogba and Lukaku accounting for almost 200m of the 300m you've just mentioned and have been essential purchases to replace Rooney who is barely a Championship level player, and Fellaini who is not a CM. Essential purchases, and good ones. Lukaku has been excellent for us and really matured under Mourinho. Pogba has had his issues, but still provided us with man of the match performances at times, and may still yet blossom into a world class midfielder. But signing Lukaku and Pogba, do NOT make you title contenders. Far from it. It merely makes you able to compete for the top 4. So the 300m you just mentioned gets swallowed up pretty quickly when you're investing it into a squad probably 5th best in the league. City have invested a lot more, and when Pep took over they were the 2nd best team in the league and recently champions with a lot of players in their mid 20's.

Tottenham compete for top 4 and have Kane, Eriksen, Deir, Dele, Vertongen, Allderweireld, Lloris, etc... it's taken a couple of windows to match their squad. Surely allow the guy another 2 years to take us from where he's already taken us (bang average 5th best PL team to undisputed 2nd best), to the next level? I'd understand if we just finish 5th...

Andersons Dietician

I've past the point of caring. Its just that 33 percent wants him out isnt a clear indication of 33 percent of united fans wants him out. Not when a big chunk of it wasnt a united supporter to begin with
You’ve said this again and not provided the proof. Listen not everyone is happy with what Jose is doing, I speak to mates, people on here and a lot of people can’t wait till he leaves. He has supporters as well but I could easily turn to you and say the 40% of pro votes or whatever is mostly made up of oppo fans.

People trying to find excuses or rubbish other fans and so on because they don’t agree with their point of view. Easier if we all just accept it. He has his supporters, he has his detractors but everyone still supports the club.

Web of Bissaka

So, according to Indy Boonen, Kieran McKenna...
McKenna won the Premier League northern title last season with an exciting brand of football and has made a name for himself with his attention to detail and unpredictable training sessions.

"When Kieran became the new under-18s manager, he changed everything," the Belgian told MEN Sport. "He is one of the best coaches I ever had.

"It's the way he wants to play football and the way we trained and improved. The way we trained was how the opponent played on the Saturday. If you played against West Brom, you trained how they are and focused on their weaknesses.

"He has everything to have a big, big career as a manager in the future."

(Source MEN)
I wonder why that sounds so familiar... Reactive Tactics.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
So, according to Indy Boonen, Kieran McKenna...

I wonder why that sounds so familiar... Reactive Tactics.
Focusing on opponents weakness is not reactive tactics, focusing on opponents strength and planning to negate is.

MUFC OK

Like most on here, I'm inevitably going to be behind him until we have out first stumble/loss/bad patch of the season, then I will be back on here creating 1000 character posts about how he has under delivered. Anything other than Jose winning the title next year, playing sexy attacking football and blowing teams away whilst promoting youth team players and integrating them and he should rightfully be sacked immediately or walk in shame.

Bring on next season.

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
If he doesn't sign a LB I actually wonder about his judgement.

Not an abundance of great options out there, but he can't seriously go into the new season with Ashley YOUNG as his undisputed first choice LB.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
People trying to find excuses or rubbish other fans and so on because they don’t agree with their point of view. Easier if we all just accept it. He has his supporters, he has his detractors but everyone still supports the club.
He is and always was a highly controversial figure who is (and always was) bound to split opinions. How anyone can believe (if the actually do) that he's universally loved by United fans (those who don't care much for him, as such, are ABUs or whatever it is these people think, or pretend to think) is beyond me.

They can't have been paying attention to...anything, really. We've had three distinct groups of fans on here since he was appointed - which is pretty accurately reflected in the poll as it stands: 1) His fan club (many United fans have been wanting him in charge since before Fergie retired), 2) Those who considered him the right man for the job due to his track record (winning major trophies quickly, relatively speaking), and 3) Those who can't stand him.

The two latter groups combined were the majority. Which means that you could say a) that most United fans welcomed his appointment at the time - but at the same time b) that only a minority of United fans thought he was some kind of dream appointment.

LawCharltonBest

Enjoys watching fox porn
Fellaini staying.
Valencia and Young first choice full backs for one more year.
Martial potentially leaving.
Still no new contract for De Gea.

Next season will absolutely 100% be Mourinho's last season. Awful planning. No vision. No ambition.

Kapardin

Fellaini staying.
Valencia and Young first choice full backs for one more year.
Martial potentially leaving.
Still no new contract for De Gea.

Next season will absolutely 100% be Mourinho's last season. Awful planning. No vision. No ambition.
Not saying anything at the moment. Jose has made his decisions and while they test our patience, let us wait and see. This is his last chance because if he fails again, it will be a big failure.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
I'm not going to start calling for his head before the season starts. That would be ridiculous.
Just want his defenders to know.
This season, there is nowhere to hide.

LawCharltonBest

Enjoys watching fox porn
Not saying anything at the moment. Jose has made his decisions and while they test our patience, let us wait and see. This is his last chance because if he fails again, it will be a big failure.
With Valencia and Young playing every game again (they're declining rapidly) and Fellaini as a regular then it definitely will be a big failure. This was the Summer we had to freshen up the team. He hasn't. Getting into the top 4 will be an absolute miracle.

Zoo

With Valencia and Young playing every game again (they're declining rapidly) and Fellaini as a regular then it definitely will be a big failure. This was the Summer we had to freshen up the team. He hasn't. Getting into the top 4 will be an absolute miracle.
Yeah sure.

Chriss10

It’s June....

Kostur

海尔的老板
We've bought two additions to the positions most of us agreed that needed reinforcing, market is not over and, perhaps but just perhaps, ongoing WC might make things slightly more difficult in the transfer market at the moment. Fellaini hasn't been a regular last season, with Fred coming it's even less likely he'll be a 'regular' this season. No idea how you expect him to move things forward with DDG's contract either, Martial hasn't left yet and wasn't a key player for us last season either so, provided he leaves, we won't be hit half as badly as many want to believe it.

Long story short, you managed to spout massive amount of shit within two posts of yours, congratulations. Only thing I can agree on is that we should be getting a left back.

Raw

You know the transfer window isn't shut yet right? I'd be very surprised if Fellaini became a regular when he played a combined 828 minutes last season and we've just bought Fred.

LawCharltonBest

Enjoys watching fox porn
We've bought two additions to the positions most of us agreed that needed reinforcing, market is not over and, perhaps but just perhaps, ongoing WC might make things slightly more difficult in the transfer market at the moment. Fellaini hasn't been a regular last season, with Fred coming it's even less likely he'll be a 'regular' this season. No idea how you expect him to move things forward with DDG's contract either, Martial hasn't left yet and wasn't a key player for us last season either so, provided he leaves, we won't be hit half as badly as many want to believe it.

Long story short, you managed to spout massive amount of shit within two posts of yours, congratulations. Only thing I can agree on is that we should be getting a left back.
I miss Manchester United, pal.

I miss the swashbuckling, attacking, top class Manchester United. I used to watch United and feel sorry for other clubs.

Now the club is accepting mediocrity, including fans with an attitude like yourself. We need to be absolutely ruthless, have a complete "feck you" attitude in our pursuit of being the absolute best. That means getting shot of the beaten down old useless dogs like Fellaini. Keeping him is charity. United are soft, unambitious and losing their identity. You can accept that, I won't.

LawCharltonBest

Enjoys watching fox porn
It’s June....
The window ends in, what, 5 weeks?

It's well reported there's no LB coming. Fellaini is staying and earning money which suggests he will actually play some games, which is obviously tragic for our chances. We could sign Ronaldo and Messi, with Valencia, Young & Fellaini as regulars, we'll struggle.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?

I miss the swashbuckling, attacking, top class Manchester United. I used to watch United and feel sorry for other clubs.

Now the club is accepting mediocrity, including fans with an attitude like yourself. We need to be absolutely ruthless, have a complete "feck you" attitude in our pursuit of being the absolute best. That means getting shot of the beaten down old useless dogs like Fellaini. Keeping him is charity. United are soft, unambitious and losing their identity. You can accept that, I won't.
Here comes the identity bollocks again. It’s Ferguson you miss, not United, and he isn’t coming back. The short term, privileged mentality of some of our fans is laughable, and the continuous hounding of players, owners, managers and anyone else that doesn’t fit precisely into their own lofty ideals is far more disgraceful than giving our 5th choice CM an extended deal. You want to talk about a loss of identity? Cast your minds back to when we as a club supported our own, and we laughed at the primadonnas that flittered in and out of our rivals door. That’s what I miss.

Kostur

海尔的老板

Jesus, you make it sound almost as if we've lost the best manager in the history of football couple of years ago.

LawCharltonBest

Enjoys watching fox porn
Here comes the identity bollocks again. It’s Ferguson you miss, not United, and he isn’t coming back. The short term, privileged mentality of some of our fans is laughable, and the continuous hounding of players, owners, managers and anyone else that doesn’t fit precisely into their own lofty ideals is far more disgraceful than giving our 5th choice CM an extended deal. You want to talk about a loss of identity? Cast your minds back to when we as a club supported our own, and we laughed at the primadonnas that flittered in and out of our rivals door. That’s what I miss.
Identity bollocks?

I've spent a fortune on United tickets for this upcoming season. I have the right to go to a game and enjoy what i'm watching. Liverpool fans go to games and they enjoy watching their team. Spurs fans do. United are big and bad enough to create a team that people want to watch and they haven't. It has nothing to do with identity.

Kostur

海尔的老板
Identity bollocks?

I've spent a fortune on United tickets for this upcoming season. I have the right to go to a game and enjoy what i'm watching. Liverpool fans go to games and they enjoy watching their team. Spurs fans do. United are big and bad enough to create a team that people want to watch and they haven't. It has nothing to do with identity.
Yeah @ivaldo, this is not some identity bollocks, this is the customer mentality.

Do you also go to a theatre/cinema and demand a live performance from Marilyn Monroe?

LawCharltonBest

Enjoys watching fox porn
Jesus, you make it sound almost as if we've lost the best manager in the history of football couple of years ago.
And they've spent about half a billion creating a new squad. Yet still line up with two past-it wingers at full back.

city have managed to create a whole new team in that same time period that is superior in every way.

Status
Not open for further replies.