g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Jose Mourinho admits he is powerless to stop Marouane Fellaini leaving Manchester United

sergiosigurvinson

Mourinho wants him to stay and he loves to stay at the club.
He is offered a one year contract and that's the problem, because he wants an extra year to stay at the club.

Clubs that are really interested in him are Paris Saint-Germain, Juventus, Monaco, Besiktas, West Ham and Leicester. They all offer him a contract to even up to 3 years

Ekeke

He is offered a one year contract and that's the problem, because he wants an extra year to stay at the club.

Clubs that are really interested in him are Paris Saint-Germain, Juventus, Monaco, Besiktas, West Ham and Leicester. They all offer him a contract to even up to 3 years
Sounds perfect. He gets what he wants by leaving

tony54

I'd like him to stay because I think he is a good squad player who gives his all and can get important match winning goals.
Whatever happens I wish him well.

Morpheus 7

It's not that, we are offering as long a contract. The issue is that we are offering less money compared to the rest.

sergiosigurvinson

Sounds perfect. He gets what he wants by leaving
Can't you see that he wants to stay at our club, he loves the club, the team, the coach,...
He can sign for a year and than easily go to China where he can earn more than double what he gets here. So the money is no problem, he wants to follow his heart. A rare breed in the football world

coolredwine

lameredboots
Can't you see that he wants to stay at our club, he loves the club, the team, the coach,...
He can sign for a year and than easily go to China where he can earn more than double what he gets here. So the money is no problem, he wants to follow his heart. A rare breed in the football world
Is this a joke?

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
You haven't seen his recent quotes then?

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
If he loved the club and wanted to stay he would have signed the contract we offered him. He’s following the bread my friend.

Ekeke

wat

you make it sound like hes willing to play for free. If its anything like you suggest he can sign for 1 year on whatever wage we offer and he can go to china or all the previous clubs you mentioned after that year

Bestietom

It is not just the long contract he is after, he wants more money.

Let him off I say. He should be taking a cut in wages not wanting more.

spiriticon

Jose genuinely seems too clueless to understand this guy's capabilities. Which is crazy considering how much he's won as a manager.

Fellaini's only use is as a number 10. That's it. Jose actually tried to play this guy as a deep lying passing midfielder last night. Let that sink in.
And he isn't even particularly good at it. I can understand if he's popped up with 20 goals +assists this season playing as a target number 10, but more often than not he's fairly ineffectual.

I don't get it. We would be better off with someone like Giroud if we needed a target man.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Fellaini leaving could be the biggest transfer of our summer. With him gone, we lose the hoofball possibility which should hopefully drive a change in the playing style.

The fact he's holding the club to ransom makes it a no-brainer for all but Mourinho, ot seems.

SteveW

Use
And he isn't even particularly good at it. I can understand if he's popped up with 20 goals +assists this season playing as a target number 10, but more often than not he's fairly ineffectual.

I don't get it. We would be better off with someone like Giroud if we needed a target man.
He's an emergency striker for the last few minutes of games. That's it. Let him go

jean-louis feys

Supports
standard de liège
No plan F tonight.

We in Belgium know what we can and can't expect from Fella. He'll never dribble 2 men. But he'll make it more difficult for the adverse team.

That's maybe his problem: he's sometimes more efficient in perturbing the play of the adverse team than making a positive contribution to his own team. That maybe why he's more popular by trainers than by (united) supporters.

I'm sure he's gonna play more minutes in Russia than Moussa Dembele or Nadja Naigolan, 2 players quite popular in RC. All the trainers (Moyes, Van Gaal, Mourinho, Martinez) loves him. Must be a reason don't you think?

Marcky411

I really wish we were powerless about Jose leaving, unfortunately he will be staying.

NoLogo

The fact alone that José rates him as a footballer will be the reason he is always going to be seen as inferior to managers like Guardiola, Klopp and everyone that actually tries to play football. There are tons of managers who have won trophies an no one remembers and José is going to be one of them because no one cares about the football he plays.

AshRK

No plan F tonight.

We in Belgium know what we can and can't expect from Fella. He'll never dribble 2 men. But he'll make it more difficult for the adverse team.

That's maybe his problem: he's sometimes more efficient in perturbing the play of the adverse team than making a positive contribution to his own team. That maybe why he's more popular by trainers than by (united) supporters.

I'm sure he's gonna play more minutes in Russia than Moussa Dembele or Nadja Naigolan, 2 players quite popular in RC. All the trainers (Moyes, Van Gaal, Mourinho, Martinez) loves him. Must be a reason don't you think?
That's all fine and good but the fact that our manager is begging for him to stay isn't a good sign.

AshRK

The fact alone that José rates him as a footballer will be the reason he is always going to be seen as inferior to managers like Guardiola, Klopp and everyone that actually tries to play football. There are tons of managers who have won trophies an no one remembers and José is going to be one of them because no one cares about the football he plays.
I understand jose is not the most popular guy today but trust me people will always remember Jose even after 50 years for his trophies at inter and Porto.

NoLogo

I understand jose is not the most popular guy today but trust me people will always remember Jose even after 50 years for his trophies at inter and Porto.
No they wont, well okay Portuguese people maybe, but the rest won't. Ever heard of Cruyff and Sacchi? I'm certain you have, they are managers that brought football to another level, the modern game would be unthinkable without these names and their trophies pale in comparison to Mourinho but they are remembered because they actually brought football to another level, a manager who won with an underdog team playing catenacio, the most boring of all football philosphies will not be remembered past the dates of his success. Do you here everyone outside of Porto fans rave about his CL win with them? No because it wasn't a notwonotew victory just as litle as that Chelsea manager who won the CL, do you still remember his name, be honest.

Kapardin

No they wont, well okay Portuguese people maybe, but the rest won't. Ever heard of Cruyff and Sacchi? I'm certain you have, they are managers that brought football to another level, the modern game would be unthinkable without these names and their trophies pale in comparison to Mourinho but they are remembered because they actually brought football to another level, a manager who won with an underdog team playing catenacio, the most boring of all football philosphies will not be remembered past the dates of his success. Do you here everyone outside of Porto fans rave about his CL win with them? No because it wasn't a notwonotew victory just as litle as that Chelsea manager who won the CL, do you still remember his name, be honest.
Erm, Jose is and will be one of the best managers in modern football. And will be remembered as such for sure. Honestly can't believe your dislike of his style is making your opinions so myopic.

AshRK

Your hate of his style is clouding your judgement. He will always be recognized as one of the top managers. People will always remember Jose and his achievement with inter and Porto. He is not avram grant or di matteo to be forgotten

fellaini's barber

Says we missed his presence today, and I think he's right. We play like Stoke so he's definitely an important player in that set up

NoLogo

Erm, Jose is and will be one of the best managers in modern football. And will be remembered as such for sure. Honestly can't believe your dislike of his style is making your opinions so myopic.
Your hate of his style is clouding your judgement. He will always be recognized as one of the top managers. People will always remember Jose and his achievement with inter and Porto. He is not avram grant or di matteo to be forgotten
Without looking it up who invented catenacio? You don't know it because it's not noteworthy. Certain clubs fans may remember him, for those whom he brought a level of success never thought possible. Real certainly won't. Ask anyone in ten or 15 years who he was, no one will care that h ever was their manager. José in 20 years will be a nobody and the only ones who will remember him are those who gonna quote his, admittedly impressive tophy collection

You can argue all you want but managers who don't play exciting football or don't manage to put their stemp on an era of football will become a side note and honestly of our era preibbaly evey manager bar Guardiola and maybe Klopp will fall to that date but don't act like we have a manager that represents anything special about this game.

Garethw

Every dog has their day and Mourinho’s day is long gone.

The very best reinvent themselves, but Mourinho looks too stuck in his ways to change.

Nobody will ever forget his achievements, but his legacy is being tarnished. Literally everybody outside of his diehard supporters believes the football he’s serving up is absolutely dire and very much outdated. Only he can now change this perception.

AshRK

Without looking it up who invented catenacio? You don't know it because it's not noteworthy. Certain clubs fans may remember him, for those whom he brought a level of success never thought possible. Real certainly won't. Ask anyone in ten or 15 years who he was, no one will care that h ever was their manager. José in 20 years will be a nobody and the only ones who will remember him are those who gonna quote his, admittedly impressive tophy collection

You can argue all you want but managers who don't play exciting football or don't manage to put their stemp on an era of football will become a side note and honestly of our era preibbaly evey manager bar Guardiola and maybe Klopp will fall to that date but don't act like we have a manager that represents anything special about this game.
Again you are just basing jose's legacy with Manchester United . Jose may not have invented anything new like cryuff or sachi but that does not mean people will forget him.

According to you only those manager who manage their team to play attacking football will be remember fair enough but then going by your analogy Eddie howe and rodgers will be remembered more than Jose and simeone. That's not how it works. You may personally not like Jose but history books cannot erase his achievements

AshRK

Every dog has their day and Mourinho’s day is long gone.

The very best reinvent themselves, but Mourinho looks too stuck in his ways to change.

Nobody will ever forget his achievements, but his legacy is being tarnished. Literally everybody outside of his diehard supporters believes the football he’s serving up is absolutely dire and very much outdated. Only he can now change this perception.
Not denying any of what you said and honestly that was not the most point my reply was to. It was regarding the legacy of Jose.

Garethw

Not denying any of what you said and honestly that was not the most point my reply was to. It was regarding the legacy of Jose.
I don’t think anybody can deny his legacy mate. If you look back at my posts on here you will see that that I was one of the posters that desperately wanted us to sign him due to that legacy. The guy was a serial winner.

Unfortunately, I feel that we have received but a shell of the Mourinho they we all thought that we were getting.

I like Mourinho and I desperately want him to succeed here, but I hate the football he has us playing. I can take the not winning trophies and championships, but the cowardly approach that I’ve seen so many times this season is not in line with what this great club represents. It’s horrendous and completely unnecessary.

van der star

newprawn warrior
Scout
Italian media is reporting that United have offered him a one year extension but with worse compensation than that being offered by Milan and that's why he's reluctant to commit. Milan are offering a package of 1.5m, which is apparently more than what United and some MLS clubs have offered.

Distracted Steward

Italian media is reporting that United have offered him a one year extension but with worse compensation than that being offered by Milan and that's why he's reluctant to commit. Milan are offering a package of 1.5m, which is apparently more than what United and some MLS clubs have offered.
~£29k/wk?

£1.5m/52wks=£28.8k/wk. It’d be hilarious if the club were offering him that coming off a supposed £100k/wk contract!

I’d like to see him go, but if he signs a deal out meltdown will be on rival forums.

Last edited: