Jose Mourinho | Sacked by Roma

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
To be fair they haven't started badly. Too many changes today but the score line is surprising.
Bodø-Glimt lost 3-2 to Milan at San Siro last year, they're not a backwater awful side.

I'll give Roma this though, it was snowing and their home stadium is on astroturf (A necessity due to the northern location of the pitch with snow large parts of the year) , both factors favori Bodø-Glimt heavily AND they are in good form domesticly. Combine that with Roma fielding a lot of rotational players most of whom are wholly unused to the surface and maybe even the climate and you give the opposition every opportunity to win.

Dve

When asked if he had underestimated the opponent, his answer was "no, I overestimated my own players".

He surely is a special one.

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
Bodø-Glimt lost 3-2 to Milan at San Siro last year, they're not a backwater awful side.
I don't watch much Norwegian football, but i remember them scoring for fun and playing quite nice football when they won the league.
They lost some top players (after Noggie league standards), but seem to still be quite alright.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Maybe because he was at United up and close, but man... I've never disliked any manager more than him.

It seems like he develops mental issue over the years, since his Madrid's stint.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
He just never learns does he? He's an intelligent man, he must know that these kind of remarks won't help anybody, least of all his players. He must be doing it deliberately, wants to be sacked with another payoff so he can take the Newcastle job. Such a detestable figure. Was a great manager, now a washed up miserable old bastard.

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
Zidane’s humility is amazing considering his stature in the game. The man turned everything he touched into gold.
I mean, the most famous moment of his career is him blowing a world cup final in his last ever game due to losing his rag. That could be pretty humbling.

Traub

I mean, the most famous moment of his career is him blowing a world cup final in his last ever game due to losing his rag. That could be pretty humbling.
I would argue his most famous moment is that header in the 98 world cup final, probably followed by THAT champions league final goal.

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
I would argue his most famous moment is that header in the 98 world cup final, probably followed by THAT champions league final goal.
You'd be very wrong then.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
Yeah, he had some scintillating moments but I remember that headbutt more than anything. Helps that it was one of his last actions as a player, really.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Yeah, headbutt is most memorable for me too - though I hadn't been properly following football for that long prior to it so that is probably why.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
Yeah, headbutt is most memorable for me too - though I hadn't been properly following football for that long prior to it so that is probably why.
For me it showed he was actually human and as prone to an uncharacteristic outburst as any of us. If I just think about his skills on the pitch he is an otherworldly being.

diarm

It's not often you come across a team you've genuinely never heard of in European football.

Imagine then learning that they're almost as good as 2007 United.

Traub

Fair enough. I first started following football in 98 so that World Cup is imprinted on my brain.

Kaos

It seems the new Mourinho expedites the signature 3rd season meltdown to his first and second seasons now.

InfiniteBoredom

The funny thing is the other day I came across a video of some plonker of YouTube praising him to the hilt after winning 5/5 to start the season, and after that they have lost thrice in the league already prior to today's thrashing.

BorisManUtd

Another tried and true classic off of his greatest hits compilation :lol:
My God he is SO toxic, it's hard to even read his quotes, let alone listen to him. There was always bit of arrogance about him, but he had charisma, was probably fun to most of his players and they probably enjoyed playing under him, but it mostly disappered these days and it's just toxic and negative Jose. In the past it he'd become unbearable in 3rd season, now it took 3 months it seems. It's odd as they've had an okay season so far I believe.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
The funny thing is the other day I came across a video of some plonker of YouTube praising him to the hilt after winning 5/5 to start the season, and after that they have lost thrice in the league already prior to today's thrashing.
Yeah they've done o.k start of season but only really beaten lower half teams, lost to Lazio and Juve although they played well in both.

Will be similar to Spurs really as his big game record has generally gone to pot last few years, think he lost 3 of his 4 meetings with Chelsea, all 3 meetings with Liverpool and lost a couple of times to OGS so Man. City was only team he had a good record against.

Roma will likely finish 5th-6th.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He’s such a cock. I’ll say it for the rest of my life — he should’ve been sacked on the spot after his post-game comments for us against Sevilla

Brophs

The One and Only
Probably fancies a nice little early pay off and then back to Newcastle for a swift half and a four year contract before closing.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Just saw the highlights :lol: .

They were celebrating like they won't the world cup as 4, 5 and 6 went in.

EtH

He’s such a cock. I’ll say it for the rest of my life — he should’ve been sacked on the spot after his post-game comments for us against Sevilla
Yes and yes. Still burns me up.

RedDevil@84

Probably fancies a nice little early pay off and then back to Newcastle for a swift half and a four year contract before closing.
Naa.. Not going to happen.

The first clause of Newcastle manager contract is "All severance payoffs will be done at nearest embassy"

Bosnian_fan

Supports
Sarajevo
I'm not really sure Newcastle needs another Bruce after Bruce.

And I'm being harsh on poor Steve.

Born2Lose

My thoughts are with the countless Mou fans on here at this awkward time. Got to be honest I'd hoped he'd be a success at Roma so I didn't have to see his slapped arse face back in the Prem.

Nothing ever changes, players' fault when they lose, his glory when they win.

Piratesoup

Supports
Bayern München
He's been shit for nearly a decade and clubs still can't wait to throw money at him. Goes to show how long you can ride on past success at the top level.

Focusmate

Supports
Non League
He always had a sharp tactical brain plus relied on players willing to run through a brick wall for him.
He is now a shadow - unable to get the player buy in and resorting to calling them out - his trophies for United and mainly his last title for Chelsea where he turned them around in a year are his last hurrah - he needs to retire now

Knux

Supports
AIK Stockholm
I think Ole's head to head isn't that bad either to be fair.
Ole’s head to head against managers:

Mourinho W2 D1 L2
Tuchel W2 D1 L2
Guardiola W4 D1 L3
Klopp W1 D3 L2
Lampard W3 D1 L1
Potter W5 D0 L0
Ancelotti W2 D2 L0
Nagelsmann W1 D0 L1

So yeah decent H2H stats but nothing spectacular

RedDevil@84

He just never learns does he? He's an intelligent man, he must know that these kind of remarks won't help anybody, least of all his players.
He believes that talking s**t about players in public, will fire them up to prove him wrong. And only those players who work harder to prove him wrong are worthy of playing in his team.

Doesn't work with the new generation of players.

Macern

Pee pee pants

I'll give Roma this though, it was snowing and their home stadium is on astroturf (A necessity due to the northern location of the pitch with snow large parts of the year) , both factors favori Bodø-Glimt heavily AND they are in good form domesticly. Combine that with Roma fielding a lot of rotational players most of whom are wholly unused to the surface and maybe even the climate and you give the opposition every opportunity to win.
I watched that game and thought Glimt was the better side actually. Jens Petter Hauge was electric, and was signed by Milan shortly after. Glimt also lost their other two forwards from that season to Watford and to some middle eastern club IIRC, but they’ve replaced them really well and is still an incredible team for a Norwegian standard. I could see them beating us on one of our shit days, they’re pretty ruthless and have some really good ball players.

Glimt and my local team Tromsø are the two main northern-Norwegian sides, and my team played Galatasaray 10-15 years ago, not on astro turf and it looked like this:

Luke1995

If he fails at Roma, will his past achievements still get him a job at a big french or dutch team ?

Can't see a big PL team going back in for him, and it appears that the doors in Italy and Spain would be closed aswell.

If he can't get into a PSV/Ajax or PSG/Lyon team, where would he end up in your eyes ?

Kaos

If he fails at Roma, will his past achievements still get him a job at a big french or dutch team ?

Can't see a big PL team going back in for him, and it appears that the doors in Italy and Spain would be closed aswell.

If he can't get into a PSV/Ajax or PSG/Lyon team, where would he end up in your eyes ?
A Dutch team definitely won't take him. Mourinho's playstyle is completely antithetical to how Dutch teams setup and play. Can you imagine Ajax going from Ten Hag to Mourinho? As for France? Even if a Lyon or Marseilles type team take him, I think his ego will only accept Paris, who definitely won't take him.

I reckon he'll wait for the Portuguese national team role. I think it would actually suit him quite well too.