Jose Mourinho | Sacked by Roma

Goldfiessli

Supports
FC Basel
Surprised to see Roma's style of play. They're so attacking and create chances for fun.

They have been unlucky in a few massive games this season.

He's also doing a splendid job with the youngsters. Zalewski is brilliant in this role Jose is using him in.

Jose is still targeting Xhaka next season based on rumours.
I think Granit's style of play would be much better suited to Italian football. He seems to struggle with pace/intensity of the PL which manifests itself in his impressive collection of red cards.

unplayable

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I think Granit's style of play would be much better suited to Italian football. He seems to struggle with pace/intensity of the PL which manifests itself in his impressive collection of red cards.
He picked up more than enough red cards in the Bundesliga tbf.

TenonTen

Supports
Neutral
He picked up more than enough red cards in the Bundesliga tbf.
Bundesliga is one of the fastest and most end to end and physical leagues around. Similar to PL in that regard which is why mostly young energetic players thrive there and the games are so entertaining.

Serie A is more tactical and veterans and slower technical players tend to excel in that league.

It's no longer a low scoring league whatsoever(the opposite infact) but the tempo and pace of the league would suit Xhaka so well.

Sort of like the game he played against France. I think it'll be a shrewd signing. Mourinho will control his temperament as and when needed. This is a guy who coached and got the best of Pepe and Ramos. He'll manage it with Granit and probably give him the armband.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
He might be salvaging his reputation and legacy, there obviously is the chance of him imploding again but so far from what I've seen his roma side are moving in the right direction.
And overall he was probably correct about the state of our players in this club.
His roma side are surprisingly aggressive and attacking as well do it'll be interesting to see what he does with it with some new signings and a bit more time to implement his mindset.

TenonTen

Supports
Neutral
He's just a manager who needs the utmost power at the club. Just like Pep and Klopp do actually.

In Jose's biggest successes he was the big fish and the main superstar of the project. Give him that and it's much less "toxic".

He has done very good work with the youth at Roma. The young Italian starters like Pellegrini, Mancini, Christante have improved drastically. Has made Zalewski a regular starter and Afena Gyan a good option. Turned Tammy into a beast.

He has also got a tune out of the experienced players. Infact with players he previously fell out with like Mkhitaryan and Smalling.

I think the board really messed up the window by being cheapstakes for the Xhaka deal(literally didn't pay 3 or 4 million more) while spending a lot on dross like Vina and Shomurodov. Patricio and Oliveira are very shrewd deals.

He also has Spinazzola yet to come back who is an amazing player when fit. He's shown great patience with Zaniolo(so talented) who's incredibly frustrating with his end product and behavior(picking up cards needlessly) but I think it might be time to cash in on him and get 50 million.

At Roma, Mourinho is the big fish and no one will question/undermine him for no reason, which is how it should be. Even in the 2 strongest teams right now, Pep and Klopp have all the authority. That's the recipe for a healthy club in 2022. Period.

TenonTen

Supports
Neutral
Got on the pitch in stoppage time to scold Veretout for getting up too quickly after a foul instead of lying down and wasting time. Never change Jose. Never change! :lol:

Love him or hate him, Football is so much more fun with him.

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
This conference league is minimum expectation for a club like this, well done but not nearly as impressive as his team being finalist in the other two competitions.

Adds something to it though, i suppose, more people will watch that final now, with Mourinho there, thats something.

Paul_Scholes18

Roma had a really good season. Although missing CL football is a failure from them.

It is similar to our first season with Mourinho when we won EL. Although that gave us CL football.

Irwin99

Be interesting to see how Roma does next season and if he can build on reaching a final and maybe winning it (potentially the first trophy for Roma in quite awhile.). Their fans seem happy with him and they'll have Spinazzola back next season.

Pintu

It is no major trophy but I want him to lose it... We haven't won anything since firing him and he is going to get some silverware before we do. :nono::nono:

Lecland07

It is no major trophy but I want him to lose it... We haven't won anything since firing him and he is going to get some silverware before we do. :nono::nono:
Think it is for Roma. They haven't won anything for 14 years.

Zoo

Roma had a really good season. Although missing CL football is a failure from them.

It is similar to our first season with Mourinho when we won EL. Although that gave us CL football.
How can it be a really good season when they have failed in one of their main objectives?

Pintu

How can it be a really good season when they have failed in one of their main objectives?
Top 4 was always a dream, more than a realistic objective. The bookies had them 6th or 5th at best. I think he failed in the Coppa, didn't really give Inter any fight in that quarter-final. But he's doing the job in this Cup.

Think it is for Roma. They haven't won anything for 14 years.
I think the fans would have preferred the Coppa Italia, but yes any silverware is good silverware, and more so after a 14 years drought.

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
Daje (Come on), Jose… Mickey Mouse trophy is still better than no trophy!

city-puma

He seems undergoing some kind of self evolution in Roma. Maybe he can still become one of the best again. Let’s see how things go in his second and third season.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
If he wins it, it wouldn't really look nice on spurs with them remaining as the only team that he hasn't won stuff in.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
If he wins it, it wouldn't really look nice on spurs with them remaining as the only team that he hasn't won stuff in.
Not to mention sacking him days before a cup final.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Not to mention sacking him days before a cup final.
Yeah, I think there was some clause in his contract that made lewy do it but still pretty pathetic, and they would go on to bend over against city anyway .

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Just checked it, his cup final record is insane and surprise surprise the only blemish on it is with us, he hadn't lost a single cup final till the fa cup with us, typical united :(

Edit: it seems I was full of shit here ,he had perfect record in England before United but still had lost cup finals, 1 in Portugal and the other to Atletico Madrid in his time with Real.

Last edited:

Charrockero

Supports
Chivas de Guadalajara
Just checked it, his cup final record is insane and surprise surprise the only blemish on it is with us, he hadn't lost a single cup final till the fa cup with us, typical united :(
Didn't he lose also the UEFA Supercup 2017 to Real Madrid?

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
crying over a europa conference final. Jose of old would be ashamed to see what he’s become :lol:

I think he knows he’s finished so this is some reassurance for himself that maybe he can still do it.

city-puma

crying over a europa conference final. Jose of old would be ashamed to see what he’s become :lol:

I think he knows he’s finished so this is some reassurance for himself that maybe he can still do it.
Tbf, he is trying to reinvent himself in Roma. Maybe he can do it.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
Found it a bit cringe that he appears to care about this shite comp. If it was with some shit under dog team fair enough, but Roma!.?

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist

I think it means a lot to him after the past 5 years. Was snowballing down and I think he really needed a job like this to find his level again and build himself back up, and I think getting to the final here means a lot for him. Anyway, trophy is a trophy. Hope they win it, happy for him.

Charrockero

Supports
Chivas de Guadalajara
Found it a bit cringe that he appears to care about this shite comp. If it was with some shit under dog team fair enough, but Roma!.?
Well, in a strict sense Roma is a small club. They only have 2 Scudettos and have never won any major European competition.

What gives Roman certain pedigree is that they have significant fandom, have had World Class players in their squad and have had their times of protagonism without much success. In my opinion, teams like Parma or Napoli have higher status due to winning European competitions.

So returning to your comment, I think this Cup suits them fine.

Irwin99

I'm no expert on Italian football but I was surprised when I looked at Roma's trophy cabinet: only three league titles but a pretty big domestic cup team (9 Coppa Italia). Fair to say they're a 'Spurs level' club in their own league?

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.

Still 1 more trophy than utd if they win it

Pintu

I'm no expert on Italian football but I was surprised when I looked at Roma's trophy cabinet: only three league titles but a pretty big domestic cup team (9 Coppa Italia). Fair to say they're a 'Spurs level' club in their own league?
Exactly. They are like Spurs.

Not so long ago they were losing a CL semi-final after knocking out Barça in the quarters... And finishing 3'd in the league. But Mourinho would rather win this thing and finish way behind. Poch would think otherwise.