Jose Mourinho | Sacked by Roma

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
There's nothing to hide. You have no clue if you think people have to hide this kind of thing on an online forum.
I'm a Mourinho fan. Unapologetically so. Not really a Roma fan. Find Serie A to be an awful league to watch post the Prime Serie A days.
Ok then, fair enough, and rest assured nobody can really question any personal propension… yet again, your “Supports” field saying “neutral” instead of “Mourinho” signals the existence of some inhibition if not a problem… not my business, anyway. Stay happy, stay safe. Cheers.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
I’m not a part of this childish discussion and don’t give a shit about Italian football, but what is the point with your post? Mourinho failed at Chelsea part 2, he failed at Manchester United, he failed at Tottenham and he is doing a woeful job at Roma in record speed, that’s the here and now. Obviously him winning the CL with Porto and Internazionale matters very little decades later, so again, what is the point of your post?
Well if failure at Chelsea pt 2 was winning the PL, then I guess you could claim to be right....

Markolan

Supports
AC Milan
Received two-match ban. Here's the sentence:

José Mourinho - disqualified for two match-days with a fine of 20,000 euros, for having, at the 45th minute of the second half, addressed serious insinuations to the match director when addressing the fourth official, as well as for having entered the field of play with a threatening attitude, blatantly contesting the referee's decision; finally, at the end of the match, in the tunnel that leads to the locker rooms, for having repeated the above-mentioned insinuations towards the match director while trying to restrain his own sports director.

He'll miss Spezia-Roma and Roma-Atalanta games. The situation is getting worse and worse

Wolf1992

Supports
No team in particular.
Would it be fair to say that defensive oriented managers lose it faster/more dramatically than offensive oriented managers? Seems like the second group have a better track record of staying relevant until retirement.
No they don't.

If you are example of offensive managers are only Guardiola and Klopp, yes.
However those aren't the only offensive managers out there, there are many offensive managers who have failed when they changed clubs like Marco Rose, Peter Bosz, Emery, Sampaoli, Sarri, Spaletti, etc
LVG is also an offensive manager, and his career at club level ended pretty bad at United, Wenger is another example of offensive manager ended his career in a very underwhelming way.

Mourinho has imploded, but Lippi and Capello knew when to retire from club football, and moved to international Football in the right moment.
Mourinho has been a failure since he left Chelsea in 2015...7 years ago.

That's not taking in account that Conte and Allegri are still doing OK, unlike Mourinho.

You are cherry picking Guardiola,Heyckens and Klopp as representation of average offensive managers, but they aren't.
Regardless of football philosophy, most managers are meant to fail, only a few can claim to be the best.

Ladron de redcafe

By this logic, Guardiola has failed at Barcelona and Klopp has failed at Dortmund.
It wouldnt. Guardiola won 3 titles in 4 years after taking on a team that was 3rd spot and trophyless. He didn't leave them in a relegation battle, but in 2nd place, having won the Copa del Rey in a season which saw his team suffused with injuries.

Try again.

Hound Dog

Supports
Whoever I bet on
It wouldnt. Guardiola won 3 titles in 4 years after taking on a team that was 3rd spot and trophyless. He didn't leave them in a relegation battle, but in 2nd place, having won the Copa del Rey in a season which saw his team suffused with injuries.

Try again.
The talent levels of the teams they managed are not comparable.

Woodzy

The longer it goes since he managed here the more I like him again tbh.

He has this unique quality of being entertaining and a miserable cnut at the same time.

Pintu

You made the bad analogy. I was pointing out how silly it was.
It is only silly if you expect similar results from two very different teams in different circumstances. Mourinho failed in some aspects and had some success in others. Every coin has two sides.

One can point out that Guardiola took a Bayern that had just been to 3 CL finals in 4 years, winning the last one, and with that previously almost flawless Bayern he failed to get to the CL final at least once in 3 years. He has the lowest win rate in CL's KO stages for Bayern coaches in the last decade.

Cloud7

The longer it goes since he managed here the more I like him again tbh.

He has this unique quality of being entertaining and a miserable cnut at the same time.
Mourinho is great entertainment to have around football when he isn’t at your team. Then you can fully enjoy his antics without worrying about their negative effects on your own team.

Ladron de redcafe

It is only silly if you expect similar results from two very different teams in different circumstances. Mourinho failed in some aspects and had some success in others. Every coin has two sides.

One can point out that Guardiola took a Bayern that had just been to 3 CL finals in 4 years, winning the last one, and with that previously almost flawless Bayern he failed to get to the CL final at least once in 3 years. He has the lowest win rate in CL's KO stages for Bayern coaches in the last decade.
I don't expect similar results. I'm disputing the ridiculous suggestion that winning 3 out of 4 titles and 2 UCLs is a "failure" as big as leaving a contender in relegation battle with 15 points from 17 matches played.

Not sure what the last paragraph there is about. Win rates aren't relevant in the UCL, and the only thing that matters is wins. Neither Mourinho nor Guardiola have won in recent times. But that has nothing to do with the discussion, which is about Guardiola's work at Barcelona.

Pintu

I don't expect similar results. I'm disputing the ridiculous suggestion that winning 3 out of 4 titles and 2 UCLs is a "failure" as big as leaving a contender in relegation battle with 15 points from 17 matches played.
I read his message about Klopp at BVB and Pep at Barça and thought he said Bayern, then saw your answer which should have set me straight on that the 2 of you only meant Pep's Barça experience. Mea culpa.

But to be honest, without being a Mourinho fan at all, I really have a hard time accepting the general consensus that Mourinho's second act at Chelsea would be worse than Guardiola's Bayern results, given how the 2 clubs were when they got there.

By this logic, Guardiola has failed at Barcelona and Klopp has failed at Dortmund.

Ladron de redcafe

I read his message about Klopp at BVB and Pep at Barça and thought he said Bayern, then saw your answer which should have set me straight on that the 2 of you only meant Pep's Barça experience. Mea culpa.

But to be honest, without being a Mourinho fan at all, I really have a hard time accepting the general consensus that Mourinho's second act at Chelsea would be worse than Guardiola's Bayern results, given how the 2 clubs were when they got there.
Yeah, no issues. Regarding your stance, I can't say you're wrong, but it's a matter of opinion. I think that winning the UCL is an accomplishment but I don't consider not winning it a failure because its a cup competition. In my opinion, the barometer is domestic dominance (and European domination is a step above). When you win the league every season, I can't classify that as a failure.

But it's a matter of opinion, and I don't think I can invalidate those who hold the same criticism of Sir Alex. I just don't necessarily view the Champions League the same way.

BorisManUtd

So far this season with Roma:

5th in Serie A, having played one game more than Juve and Atalanta. Got knocked out of Italian Cup by Inter, but also in round of 16 of Conference League and should go far.

Had some moments and post match interviews where he sounded like Jose from Spurs/3rd season with United and Chelsea, that big loss against Bodo/Glimt but other than that it's been solid season so far for Roma it seems. Still with chances to finish in top 4 + fight for European trophy in ECL.

Josh 76

He will go all out to win this. Mourhino would rather win a Charity shield than finish top 4!

Then he can boast about how many “trophies” he has won when he has a rant!

Dolf

He will go all out to win this. Mourhino would rather win a Charity shield than finish top 4!

I kind of get it though. In the end football is about winning trophies. Ofcourse top 4 would be nice for them but if you can’t even win the conference league, do you really need to play in the CL?

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
This is Roma, and their biggest problem is mentality. Winning a trophy of any kind can only be good for them

Tap

What’s wroNg with chasing after trophies especially for the likes of Roma?

If our own drought continues, i’ll also choose winning actual silverware over yet another 4th placed finish.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020

Roma haven’t won a trophy in 15 years. They’ll want to win something

Josh 76

What’s wroNg with chasing after trophies especially for the likes of Roma?

If our own drought continues, i’ll also choose winning actual silverware over yet another 4th placed finish.
There is nothing wrong with wining trophies, but to boast about wining this conference cup is a joke. How the mighty have fallen !

youmeletsfly

There is nothing wrong with wining trophies, but to boast about wining this conference cup is a joke. How the mighty have fallen !
How is it wrong when Roma haven't won a trophy in 15 years?
Even if it's a minor trophy, the players will still run their socks for it and put in a massive effort to win it, what's wrong to gloat about that?

Some of you are acting like clubs where Mou has been were winning UCL's left and right before he came in, get a grip ffs.

Josh 76

How is it wrong when Roma haven't won a trophy in 15 years?
Even if it's a minor trophy, the players will still run their socks for it and put in a massive effort to win it, what's wrong to gloat about that?

Some of you are acting like clubs where Mou has been were winning UCL's left and right before he came in, get a grip ffs.
I was talking about Mourihno rather than Roma, when I said how the mighty have fallen.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
Conference cup is our only realistic chance of winning any silverware next season!

Pintu

Derby this weekend. And Mourinho said this last night after qualifying to the 1/4s of the ECL.

Last edited:

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
They’re doing well. Top 4 is too much to ask for but they have a good chance for Europa league football next season.

SirAF

Ageist
They're cooking now - that bad spell last fall really screwed them in terms of top 4.

fil1542

Supports
Jose Mourinho
They're cooking now - that bad spell last fall really screwed them in terms of top 4.
The meltdown against Juventus also really hurts. Had Roma held on to the 3-1 lead, they would be one point in front of Juventus (as it stands at the moment before the Juventus-Inter game).

SER19

Hes doing a good job really, they have an average squad and recent finishes of 7th, 6th and 5th, a big distance from the top. Probably that bad run they had has cost him top 4 which would have been an excellent achievement with this side, especially if he added an albeit small, European trophy

Jacko21

Watching this live, I thought there’s no way he’s doing this just to waste time.

Turns out Pellegrini was one yellow card away from suspension. He’ll miss the game against bottom of the table Salernitana - making him available for the games against Napoli and Inter.