Jose Mourinho Sack Watch | Sacked per 19-04

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moonwalker

Re: Naglesmann that's what I mean by "he wouldn't". I don't think it's generally a good idea for someone that young to be in this league anyway, as AVB seemed to show just how eager the media can be to undermine a manager that is young that some players. If he wants an easy ride he'll hang on for a big job that practically does itself, like your PSG/Barca/Real/Juve type things.

I think Jose has taken on the same issues at spurs as he did at United. Can't play too attacking, because the defence is too bad. Can't play too defensive, because the results will suffer.

It's a weird season, and if Jose goes he'll always have COVID as an excuse.
Absolutely, especially since no other team has been affected by it.

RashyForPM

Except Pep, Ole, Rodgers, Moyes, Klopp, Tuchel, Ancelotti, Smith, Nuno, Bielsa, Hasenhuttl, Dyche, Potter, Parker, and that’s just in England.

The guy has had it at the top level of club football. He needs to manage Portugal.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
The thing about the past, erm, decade of Mou is that I now genuinely question how good he was. It's not like that Chelsea team wasn't the most expensive, and easily best squad in the league when he was in charge. They also won things without him.

Inter feels the most impressive, but the way that team played and the reliance on moments of serious fortune...I dunno.

I wonder if tactically he was ever all that.

DoomSlayer

Always thought he couldn't possibly go lower, but I guess Mourinho's ego is truly the biggest in football, at least when managers are concerned.

To be continuously getting embarrassed and still come up with this crap takes a world class level of delusion.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
A dramatic fall from grace, even the hardest haters couldn’t predict this after they were «title contenders» a bit earlier. They never were of course. Joke of a club, they hate trophies, absolutely hate them.
Course you could. I even put money on Spurs dropping out of the top 4 when they top in October. This demise was obvious because Mourinho is the worst manager in the league currently, he’s so past it.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
I think he should call it a day. He's suffering. I hate seeing great sportsmen like this.

Kablamo

Supports
Chelsea
Dusted. Has been for years.

All the signs were there to see during his second stint at Chelsea. Incredible how few people paid attention.

No Idea For Nickname

Patroness Saint of the anti-RAWKites

acnumber9

The thing about the past, erm, decade of Mou is that I now genuinely question how good he was. It's not like that Chelsea team wasn't the most expensive, and easily best squad in the league when he was in charge. They also won things without him.

Inter feels the most impressive, but the way that team played and the reliance on moments of serious fortune...I dunno.

He won two European trophies with Porto too. He was obviously a good manager.

Sylar

Re: Naglesmann that's what I mean by "he wouldn't". I don't think it's generally a good idea for someone that young to be in this league anyway, as AVB seemed to show just how eager the media can be to undermine a manager that is young that some players. If he wants an easy ride he'll hang on for a big job that practically does itself, like your PSG/Barca/Real/Juve type things.

I think Jose has taken on the same issues at spurs as he did at United. Can't play too attacking, because the defence is too bad. Can't play too defensive, because the results will suffer.

It's a weird season, and if Jose goes he'll always have COVID as an excuse.
Wow
To be fair, I'm still glad there are some spurs who are giving him excuses to use

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt

I think he was all that. His Chelsea side were incredibly efficient. Beating his side was a rare occasion. Remember he went something like 5/6 years without losing a home game. At a time there was no one better at spoiling a game a preparing his team for a match. People forget Roman also gave Ranieri money but he wasn't a patch on Mourinho.
He's lost his edge and football has evolved past him. His personality makes unbearable when things aren't going his way which seems more and more the case these days.
But don't take away from him that between 2004-2010, he was arguably the best manager in the world.

Shark

@NotShark
The obsession among some United fans to still defend this guy is just plain weird. I've a friend who has literally just said that Pep would have finished outside the top four with the squad Mourinho finished 81 points with. How do you even reason with that? :lol:

Infestissumam

I for one am absolutely shocked that Jose Mourinho would absolve himself from any blame and try to convince everybody that it's the players' fault. Could have never ever seen it coming.

OmarUnited4ever

Spurs might need to let him go now and bring someone who can bring more out of Spurs' squad which supposed to at least be fighting for a top 4 at this juncture

thepolice123

Its the same story all over again. Once they concede first and the opposition defend deep they are essentially fecked. Throw all the attackers out in the second half and eveyone plays like they just met on the team bus.

city-puma

In football, things are changing overnight. Jose is starting to change things, even though it could be too late for them to finish in the top six. His change is not fundamentally important by now.
I think everyone now finds out Jose is not good to build a team anymore. His philosophy is not good either. Any club should look for new generation of managers rather than him. Feel sorry for him, but his time is up.

Brophs

The One and Only
I wonder how many more clubs will get burned by Jose ‘Guarantee of Success’ Mourinho.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
The generally feeling from the 'fan' side, reading opinions throughout the saga, is that someone like Potter or Parker is the type of guy that should be next - not a big name. A young manager who has a good style of play with lesser players (basically what pre-Spurs Poch was).
Parker's a little too wet behind the ears though, as Frank was, but I think Potter has a good CV. Unlikely to be available in the short term.

Allegri and Nagglesman seem to be itching for a chance, but I think Allegri said (when he was linked to Utd) that he wouldn't take over mid-season, and JN wouldn't (I doubt), so the only option would be a caretaker imo. It just depends on whether they'd give Sacramento or King a go of it, or blow the cobwebs off David Pleat, or even get Ryan Mason to cover. Who knows.

My general feeling is that nothing will happen. What's different here is that he doesn't seem to have lost the dressing room or anything, and I imagine Kane wants a trophy and will feel that Jose is his best chance or it.

Our issue is that we have a comedy show at the back, rather than the same complete lack of effort/passion that beset the last 6 months or so of Pochettino that people wistfully forget about. He went a good 10 months of this form in the league, with more worrying signs - not just 6 games.
Potter would be a mistake I think. I don’t think his first team is that bad at all, yet, he has only won 5 games all season.

Spurs can’t take that risk and could well find themselves mid table under him.

Zlaatan

Parody Account
Yeah but his objective is to have a go at Eriksen. Bringing up players you've had success with in the past is not the right way to motivate new players who are going through a tough patch. Not only that the tone is far too serious.
Are we watching the same video? All I see is Eriksen asking what Lampard was like and Jose giving him a very simple answer.

cjj

Supports
Spurs
Potter would be a mistake I think. I don’t think his first team is that bad at all, yet, he has only won 5 games all season.

Spurs can’t take that risk and could well find themselves mid table under him.
I think if you look at their stats they've been making lots of chances, but don't have the players to put them away. I'm not that into spreadsheets or calculators, but they seem to play a bit like Warnock's cardiff did and they have a go, so you have to admire that in them.

Technically we're mid-table under Mourinho, so can't really get too hung up over being there with another :lol:

Problem is that Mourinho isn't a project manager, so the position we're in has no real 'optimism' about it. If we had a young guy with these results people might be saying "we should have won" and "still learning", but Jose's not the type of guy that you can apply that kind of logic to.

I think we're gong to struggle unless we get a more passive guy in who doesn't care about what Bale/Dele do in training, or just get rid of Dele at least because he's doing nothing for the team now. I honestly don't know what the answer is, but I think I'd prefer a wild card to another big disappointing name.

cyberman

Even Kane seems off form. When they had that 3 on 1 he had no reason to hold on to it for so long and get to the byline. He had an easy enough option to lay it across for Son.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
I think he was all that. His Chelsea side were incredibly efficient. Beating his side was a rare occasion. Remember he went something like 5/6 years without losing a home game. At a time there was no one better at spoiling a game a preparing his team for a match. People forget Roman also gave Ranieri money but he wasn't a patch on Mourinho.
He's lost his edge and football has evolved past him. His personality makes unbearable when things aren't going his way which seems more and more the case these days.
But don't take away from him that between 2004-2010, he was arguably the best manager in the world.
They'd have still won the league with Ranieri despite Mo being the better manager.

saivet

The Athletic say there isn't a break clause in his contract. Seems like Spurs will have to give him a massive pay off even if they win nothing and miss out on top 4.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain

He was great until 2010 and even very good until 2012/13. After that it has been a steep decline.
Also even leaving his great Porto and Chelsea 2004-2007 achievements aside, with worse teams (in RM’s case slightly worse) he stopped arguably the best team ever from winning 3 CLs in a row, a 2nd treble and 4 league titles in a row. In all three cases he went on to win the competitions himself.
His downfall was when he refused to acknowledge that he wasn’t among the best anymore and as a result refused to change his methods.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
He will be off to Germany soon. Its so open over there that a shithouse like Jose would thrive because they can sit back and be assured of success on the break.
The only teams that can afford to buy him, won't, and when he was with us he lived in a hotel so he could keep commuting to his beloved London.

Genuinely wouldn't be surprised to see him manage Arsenal in a couple of years, followed by Portugal and end his career.

Status
Not open for further replies.