Jose Mourinho Sack Watch | Sacked per 19-04

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Imagine getting such an incredibly fortunate call on the goal, and then trying to make out Pogba leaning into Aurier is a red.

Amazing.

He's trousering millions a year there though. Beyond that, there was never anything he could realistically achieve there.

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
Even Spurs-fans doesnt like him much, hasn't really for months.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Not really sure why people are laughing about that interview. Thought he was pretty much spot on about VAR. The Pogba stuff was a reach, but most managers do that after a defeat.
Yeah Dan you're right.
Apart from the decision to rule the goal out being a disgrace, and trying to absolutely farcially make something serious out of nothing with Pogba, you're spot on.

I'm going to follow your posts for similar insight Dan.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Genuinely wouldn't surprise me if he goes Arsenal next.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
I have the feeling he doesn't really care about football anymore. He goes through the motions at the clubs he's at and he knows he'll pick up a fat severance package, so there's no real need to bother with it all anymore.

He's either unable to change or simply doesn't want to. He was an innovator and a maverick, and he's neither of those things now.

You'd never have guess that he'd turn from what he was 10 years ago to what he is now. You'd have also thought his pride, what it was, would never have allowed for such a decline, with him retiring before such humiliation could befall him.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
It'll come down to him or Kane in the summer

Levy has a decision to make, keep Mourinho and see Kane push for a move or sack Mourinho and convince Kane it'll be better under a different manager

Djemba-Djemba

Fair play @balaks for being here after a bad defeat.

For all Spurs have annoyed me in both games this season and as much as I dislike Mourinho I do hope you beat City.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I’d love it if we were the ones who got him sacked. Don’t think they’ll make a change til the summer though.

He’s finished & has been for about 6 years.

always_hoping

Can't see past City winning but fingers crossed Jose can win the upcoming League Cup final. Winning that will be enough to keep him on for at least another season (win win situation)

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
It'll come down to him or Kane in the summer

Levy has a decision to make, keep Mourinho and see Kane push for a move or sack Mourinho and convince Kane it'll be better under a different manager
Mourinho will lose them other things, such as money for missing out on EL/CL, wont lose them Kane though, almost nobody can afford him regardless.

IncyWincySpider

Terrible approach to football. Take another big pay-off when it comes and sod off out of the EPL please.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I’d love it if we were the ones who got him sacked. Don’t think they’ll make a change til the summer though.

He’s finished & has been for about 6 years.
It's very much the same story, second season always the peak, and third season melts down.

Except the "peaks" get lower each time.

He was exceptionally fortunate to play us when we had no pre-season and had 10men and collapsed as a few games round then gave the false impression they were some sort of wild goal scoring threat unlike the usual Jose approach.
Remember the title talk! That happened.

Dan_F

Yeah Dan you're right.
Apart from the decision to rule the goal out being a disgrace, and trying to absolutely farcially make something serious out of nothing with Pogba, you're spot on.

I'm going to follow your posts for similar insight Dan.
Right. Next time I’ll just post something laughing at him instead. Would that be better “insight” for you.

You don’t agree that the way he answered the question on the disallowed goal was right?

city-puma

Spurs squad is full of quality players. That’s the only thing to consider with what westham has.

Ladron de redcafe

It is pretty funny though that they are 7th with a cup final on the horizon and he is finished as a coach and offers nothing

Yet, according to the media, Arteta is a really promising coach, having Arsenal in 11th and potentially on their way out of their only other competition.

When the media decides on a narrative, they really double down.
Yes, what an incredible job he has done:lol:
Picked up a perennial top 4 team that often contended and has them 6 points behind David Moyes' Westham and will have the lowest points total Spurs have had since atleast 2015.

Picked up a UCL finalist and just got eliminated in the Europa League by getting his tactics wrong and blew a 2-0 lead.

All this with what is - in his own words - an incredible squad with better players than he had at United. Tremendous, indeed!

BorisManUtd

Unless they win the league cup he'll be gone in the summer. Even if they win it, not sure if his position would be safe, that would probably depend on how they finish the season in PL (in terms of results and brand of football, if they finish it well then maybe it would be enough for Levy to keep him even without top 6 finish)

Getting knocked out of Europa League by Dinamo was so stupid, it was an easier route to securing CL football next season.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Despite the amount of times they piss 1-goal leads up the wall, they continue to bank on them. They were pretty good up until they scored, then they went ultra-negative. They do it nearly every time. Even against teams they should be blowing away, like Newcastle the other week. They came close to blowing it against Fulham too, who were quite unlucky.

Jose used to do the same with us, but not to the same extent, as far as I remember.

It'll be interesting to see when they pull the trigger. Jose is probably fortunate the games are still BCD. They'd be booing the hell out of him this afternoon if fans were in the ground.

RashyForPM

Thanks mate
We never got our ‘customary’ penalty :)

In all seriousness, fair play for sticking around because many oppos don’t after defeats. Always good banter in the Mourinho threads. Do the Spurs fans want him out now?

Status
Not open for further replies.