Jose Mourinho Sack Watch | Sacked per 19-04

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert

Who was the poster that called this?

Bobski

Its the negative vibe he brings to all his teams now . He just seems to suck any positivity out off his players . He never looks happy the players don't look happy and the same for the people watching
Yes. Add to that he makes it entirely too obvious that he is only there to enhance his own myth and legacy and cares little for the club, their history and traditions. That may true of most managers but what is also true is that they generally hide it better and try to create a camaraderie and spirit in the group. Mourinho is upset with poor performances because it reflects poorly on him rather than the club. Creating a group mentality used to be his strength, lost that in Madrid and lacks the humility to question his own methods.

Awful man, should never have been permitted to manage Utd.

Bosnian_fan

Supports
Sarajevo
How long is the typical shelf life of a top level football manager anyway? Might deserve its own thread, but how does Mourinho compare with other top managers in the game's history?

Mourinho won his first league title in 2003 and his last (to date) in 2015, and has had his top management credentials questioned since then. So a peak of 12-13 years with only one or two seasons without success in that period.

Fergie became successful and more or less maintained it since Aberdeen's first title in 1980, until retirement in 2013, with two fallow/rebuilding periods (1987-1990, 2004-2006). But what about others?

Wenger was Arsenal's manager for 22 years but ultimately he wasn't at the very top of his profession for large periods, most notably ~2009-2018.

Can't be bothered looking at other managers' Wiki's so if anyone else has any examples or reference points... To be honest, if Mourinho is truly done as a top manager then he's hardly had a bad run, has he?
I'd say it's actually somewhat closer to two decades, although it is hard to say what exactly constitutes as a top manager. But Guardiola has been there for over a decade and doesn't look like he's going to be displaced any time soon. Klopp has been there for much longer, he's had two decades of constant growth and improvement. Doesn't look like he is going out either.

Eddy_JukeZ

Sir Bobby was right. He knew after all. This man isn’t and wasn’t the right man for the United job
He also thought Moyes was a good choice to replace SAF.

But to Sir Bobby's credit, he was always consistent in never wanting Jose.

People should have realised that if a manager as good as Poch was struggling at Spurs, they were in bad shape.
Too many years operating on a shoe string finally caught up with Poch and Mourinho has fexking no chance of turning it around. Their defence in particular should have been flogged for decent money when they had chance, now it just needs throwing in the bin.

Many still don’t realise the amazing work Poch did there, for years he had them miles better than the sum of their parts. Finally like Klopp’s last Dortmund season, it caught up with him.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin

Who was the poster that called this?
that’s his ‘Sevilla’ Spurs moment. God he’s so annoying! How is this going to motivate the players?Everything is always about him. He’s finished. Someone said above when he was young he was an impressive guy. He had a dry wit and most importantly he was winning stuff all over the shop. He’s made a mess of his last few jobs through falling out with players and it’s going to happen again sooner than any of us imagined I’d say. Will he even get a summer window??

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
that’s his ‘Sevilla’ Spurs moment. God he’s so annoying! How is this going to motivate the players?Everything is always about him. He’s finished. Someone said above when he was young he was an impressive guy. He had a dry wit and most importantly he was winning stuff all over the shop. He’s made a mess of his last few jobs through falling out with players and it’s going to happen again sooner than any of us imagined I’d say. Will he even get a summer window??
The difference being that was the straw that broke the camels back for the majority of United fans.

Infestissumam

he's just doing everything quicker this time around. His Shaw moment came early with Ndombele last weekend, his Sevilla moment came today. Give it two more games and we're at "this isn't even 30 percent of my team". The man is finished, and has been for a while. Levy must have been on one hell of a binge when he signed off on that deal.

izec

Quite delighted, i enjoy his misery. I also love the same excuses from him and the fans, it is like going back in time.

'Squad not good enough', 'injuries', 'Leipzig amazing players, all their bench options would start for me', 'what is he supposed to do?'

Manage. Unfortunately for Jose, he won't get a top team in a top league anymore, he will have to win without 11 world class players on the pitch. He is so past it, it hurts. He is a dinosaur in every aspect of the football game, stuck in 2005. If he doesn't win you games, he is useless. Would be funny if he doesn't even win a cup there. He should stick to punditry if he doesn't adapt in a way. He is out for the money though while speaking about the past success.

Brilliant, delighted as Kevin would say

Yagami

Good post resistant
Sir Bobby was right. He knew after all. This man isn’t and wasn’t the right man for the United job
A lot of us never wanted him here either. I never got why some made out he was perfect for us. Never a United manager in a million years.

moodyred

Well if he doesn't get a result he'll be in serious trouble you'd have to think. If he goes classic Mourinho park the bus tactics it's something we'll really struggle with.
If he parks the bus, we will put him under it. We get that first goal and they will panick. Then we hit another 4 or 5 just to add to complete his week.

Sad Chris

Parking the bus hasn’t really been working very well for him at Spurs:
  • Spurs have kept just three clean sheets in 26 matches since he replaced Mauricio Pochettino in November
  • Only Aston Villa (42) have conceded more goals among Premier League clubs in all competitions than Spurs (38) since Mourinho's first game in charge

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
People should have realised that if a manager as good as Poch was struggling at Spurs, they were in bad shape.
Too many years operating on a shoe string finally caught up with Poch and Mourinho has fexking no chance of turning it around. Their defence in particular should have been flogged for decent money when they had chance, now it just needs throwing in the bin.

Many still don’t realise the amazing work Poch did there, for years he had them miles better than the sum of their parts. Finally like Klopp’s last Dortmund season, it caught up with him.
Yep, there should be an apology thread in the Spurs forum for Pochettino. There are still some fans on here, that don’t think Pochettino did a fantastic work with this Spurs team. It is ridiculous.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
I feel like Jose in his current state should wait for a club with little competition in the league like PSG or Inter before even thinking about becoming a football manager again. He needs to feel good about himself and achieve something more than anything. He looks like a defeated man. An egoist that is failing is a very very miserable and antagonistic human being. A league title and breaking records (that probably no one outside of the league cares about) will do a world of good for him. Switching from Punditry to Tottenham was very brave. Should have enjoyed his sabatical this man.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
I feel like Jose in his current state should better wait for a club with little competition in the league like PSG or Inter as his next destination. He needs to feel good about himself and achieve something more than anything, He looks like a defeated man. A league title and breaking records (that probably no one outside of the league cares about) will do a world of good for him. Switching from Punditry to Tottenham was very brave. Should have enjoyed his sabatical this man.
Why will PSG hire manager like Jose? They are looking for progressive and modern managers.

Inter have plenty of competition, they are not miles better than other teams like Juventus are. Again they had chance to sign him but rejected and signed Juventus legend, says it all.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Why will PSG hire manager like Jose? They are looking for progressive and modern managers.

Inter have plenty of competition, they are not miles better than other teams like Juventus are. Again they had chance to sign him but rejected and signed Juventus legend, says it all.
Maybe not anytime soon. That's why He needs to wait than to get into tough leagues like the PL with a team that lingers around top 6. Inter have plenty of competition but not as ridiculous as Tottenham in it's current state and with less exposure. Soon He will fight everyone again and tarnish his reputation even further.

jackal&hyde

Maybe not anytime soon. That's why He needs to wait than to get into tough leagues like the PL with a team that lingers around top 6. Inter have plenty of competition but not as ridiculous as Tottenham in it's current state and with less exposure. Soon He will fight everyone again and tarnish his reputation even further.
But the main problem imo is not his reputation now, is that he doesn't seem able to organize a team anymore. He has 2 strikers missing ok, but the defense and mid look terrible and that's on him. Even in the season when we finished second let's not forget that we were conceding chances a lot and it was DDG in super human form that kept us competing. I don't know if he's incapable of motivating his players or his tactics have just been found out but something is very wrong with his coaching.

Meep

He looks so bitter and full of it. Reminds me of my father who thinks that he himself does nothing wrong and only whinges all the time about everything and everyone.. when it's really just down to himself to change. If he could just go see a shrink (Mourinho) and turn his mindset around I actually think there is someone inside that brain that could make spurs play alright. Not good but alright. Like the second season at united. Don't think that will happen though and this will not hopefully be the end of his misery which is his current coaching career.

I have a really hard time with "coaches" that pushes you down. For me, that is not a coach that is a dinosaur.

Red_Aaron

There's no doubt in my mind that during his 3rd season with us he was deliberately acting out in order to secure his payout, his disparaging comments about all aspects of the club and his personal distancing from it made it clear imo

This has already started to feel similar, but its so early into his tenure its amazing to me. There's no way a man of his intelligence can say those things without knowing the negative impact on the players and the club as a whole. How can he sit there tonight and state quite plainly that his players aren't good enough to even feature on leipzigs bench and then go into work tomorrow and tell them he thinks they can beat man utd? He's struggling to get a positive result of any sort but they're supposed to believe the next game will be different.

It winds me up on here when people complain about Oles positivity in the face of poor results and performances but how anyone can feel this performance of public criticism from the manager of a team is a better approach is baffling. They'll be some claiming he's trying to create a siege mentality, the problem with that at the moment is he's positioned himself outside of the castle! He's one of the people laying siege on the squad when he should be at the heart of their defence! (not literally though he'd probably be better than dier)

I cannot see levy going big enough in the summer to satisfy him. It looked a bad fit from the off and the moment I think the majority of people will be proved right

Pass and Move

Where would you like to see him manage next? I would love to see him at Liverpool, Man City or Real Madrid.

Liverpool isn't going to happen. City could possibly happen but again very, very unlikely, so Madrid it is please.

Status
Not open for further replies.