Jose Mourinho Sack Watch | Sacked per 19-04

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
For the life of me I can't understand why do United Fans hate and abuse Mourinho so much? Mourinho was easily the best post-SAF manager -took us to 5 finals within 2 seasons won 3 cups and got us to 2nd from where his plans for bridging the gap was stalled and handicapped by the board's refusal to back him after signing an extension half a year ago. Why all the hate?
Yeah, i don't get it either.

izec

Massive wanker, who doesn't love a Jose sacking. I'd question any United fan who loves this cnut

manutddjw

Tanguy Ndombele, I think.
Tanguy is his “the former manager left me with such a poor squad” scapegoat.

I mean his “this popular player is toxic and turned the whole team against me, who wouldn’t follow my instructions even though I’m a winner” scapegoat.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
For the life of me I can't understand why do United Fans hate and abuse Mourinho so much? Mourinho was easily the best post-SAF manager -took us to 5 finals within 2 seasons won 3 cups and got us to 2nd from where his plans for bridging the gap was stalled and handicapped by the board's refusal to back him after signing an extension half a year ago. Why all the hate?
With Mourinho (certainly this version) there's a trade off. Given how much money he asks for, how results oriented he is and the controversy he causes he can only justify himself by getting one of the big two trophy's.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Surely he'll be laughed out of town if he finishes below this Arsenal?

Classical Mechanic

With Mourinho (certainly this version) there's a trade off. Given how much money he asks for, how results oriented he is and the controversy he causes he can only justify himself by getting one of the big two trophy's.
All the shite 30 year old cloggers that he buys (or tries to) too.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
He sucked the joy out of the team I love. Absolutely detest the man, he was never fit to be Man Utd manager. Spent a fortune, didn’t coach is players, and then didn’t take any personal responsibility for his mistakes (of which there were so many). The fact is he’s just a washed up, egotistical nightmare and he would have driven this club further into the ground. Just an absolutely shocking manager and Ole has already proven himself to be 10X better for me.

Brightonian

It's strange that he keeps taking these jobs, if he thinks all the players he inherits are so crap.

This is the end for him in English football. No club of the stature he would consider worthy of him will want him now. I see a spell at an Italian side, one of the chasing pack beneath Juve. Or possibly a generously compensated couple of seasons somewhere like Fenerbahce or Galatasaray.

Skills

Snitch
It's strange that he keeps taking these jobs, if he thinks all the players he inherits are so crap.

This is the end for him in English football. No club of the stature he would consider worthy of him will want him now. I see a spell at an Italian side, one of the chasing pack beneath Juve. Or possibly a generously compensated couple of seasons somewhere like Fenerbahce or Galatasaray.
He's a club legend at Inter. Yet even they went for Juventus legend Conte over him last summer when he was free. He's pretty much finished at any remotely top job - the next step down for him is to end up managing West Ham (which will probably happen).

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Looks like the classic Jose cycle is shrinking and the highs are getting lower.

Surely can't last more than half a season more there.

Chairman Steve

I’m largely indifferent to Jose but he got us finishing the highest since 2013 and won two trophies. I knew what I was getting when we hired him and anyone expecting anything different was delusional.

Moyes is still the worst for me. Someone who can take a championship winning team down to 7th and feck up royally in the transfer market is the reason why Jose Mourinho is given a four year contract with Spurs and David Moyes is given 18 months with West Ham.

To be honest he’s already done everything in club football anyway, so I can see him possibly taking the Portugal job when it comes up and that’ll be it for him.

I really dont think he works as a good manager for the established giants. He’s the ultimate manager to have if you’re the club just below the giants and are starved of the silverware they typically pick up, hence why Chelsea, Inter Milan and Porto are perfect clubs for him.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
LVG >>>> Mourhino
In what world?

Let's not go hyperbole now, every manager post Fergie has been a clear and obvious upgrade over the last, LVG was better than Moyes but LVG spent a lot of money on shit players whilst also selling those who were no worse ability wise but at least knew what it took to play for United and then Mourinho came in won 2 trophies in his first season and then got us our highest points tally in his second. Yes we shithoused our way to all 3 of those achievements but it was still better than LVG

Brightonian

I really dont think he works as a good manager for the established giants. He’s the ultimate manager to have if you’re the club just below the giants and are starved of the silverware they typically pick up, hence why Chelsea, Inter Milan and Porto are perfect clubs for him.
Are you not perfectly describing Spurs there?

Real Madras

Supports
Real Oviedo
Because he wanted to buy Perisic and sell Martial. I dislike him because he would have sold Pogba. He probably would have said no to Bruno. I am so delighted he wasn’t backed and rightly so.

Greck

Stuff like this is why he is hated. Imagine convincing half the fanbase that the second biggest transfer spend and the largest wage bill in football wasn't being backed and a valid reason to turn the entire club toxic. Even worse were the people he had spreading his nonsense and vilifying anyone who didn't buy their saviour's beliefs. He didn't handle his exit with grace then spent his time out of football pointing to our struggles as his vindication. It's perfectly natural that we return the favour and point to his struggles as our vindication for sacking him

Brightonian

In what world?

Let's not go hyperbole now, every manager post Fergie has been a clear and obvious upgrade over the last, LVG was better than Moyes but LVG spent a lot of money on shit players whilst also selling those who were no worse ability wise but at least knew what it took to play for United and then Mourinho came in won 2 trophies in his first season and then got us our highest points tally in his second. Yes we shithoused our way to all 3 of those achievements but it was still better than LVG
I don't know if I agree with that characterisation of LVG vs Mourinho. LVG was attempting to build the club some sustainable success from the ground up, continually hamstrung by his own god-awful man management, bizarre tactical decisions, and a hideous string of bad transfers. Mourinho attempted to win however he thought he could from day one, and there was never any sense of a plan with a future longer than his traditional three seasons. Mou won more trophies but if you had to stick with one of them for ten years, LVG would leave you in a better position by the end. Mou would probably have murdered everyone and burnt down Old Trafford by then.

Møllemanden

Football is a wonderful game. Here is a fun fact for you:

Jose at Spurs (19/20 PL SEASON) 31 points in 19 PL games = 1.631 pr. game
Ole at United (19/20 PL SEASON) 52 points in 32 PL games = 1.625 pr. game

If you're operating on data only, Ole should be scared.

Perth Reds

The biggest problem JM has now is the players don't respect him and stop playing for him
time for him to hang his note pad up and run to the hills with another colossal payoff

Greck

Tbf Ole has gotten a good amount of criticism for it on here.

Perth Reds

JM inherited a team that were CL finalists the year before, Ole inherited a team devoid of ideas and confidence

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.

That looks worse for Mourinho considering Ole's managed more than 1.5 times that Mou and has a near identical record. Mourinho inherited a Champions League runners-up squad while Ole has had a Europa League team.

always_hoping

Hate is too strong of a word. When he was appointed the excitement levels was high and was expectations that United could at least challenge for the title again.

Instead United ended up with a washed up version of Jose, football was awful to watch and that includes his highlight at the club (Europa league success)

By the end things had gotten so toxic, he had fallen out with pretty much everyone and he wanted to get sacked months before he was.

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC

What's the stats from the same amount of games? From when Jose took over?

Møllemanden

Dunno. Don't care. I've been pro Ole all the time. Fact is, the ins and outs have been poor between Fergies exit and Oles intro. Since Oles appointment the ins and outs have been very very good.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
20 games
Ole: W10 D6 L4 G35 (3rd best) GA19 (2nd best) 36 Pts (3rd)
Mou: W9 D4 L7 G33 (4th best) GA27 (better than only 5 teams) 31 Pts (6th)

Needham

Mourinho is spot on when asked have you spoken to the referee and answers, "Which one? The one on the pitch is not the referee."

utdalltheway

Sexy Beast
He’s happy in London so not ready for any moves yet. When it’s time, in a few years, he’ll be off back to portugal where he can buy a nice plot, about 1/2 the country, with all his money.

jackal&hyde

You would have to ignore the building process going on at United with the youngest squad in the league that is clearly improving while Spurs are getting worse.

fps

LVG >>>> Mourhino
While I didn’t like anything about what Mourinho was doing, at least Man Utd felt like a big club under him. Under LVG United were sliding away to nothingness.

I assume his next step will be Portugal manager, with Ronaldo having just retired so he’ll have an excuse when they don’t compete for things.

While I didn’t like anything about what Mourinho was doing, at least Man Utd felt like a big club under him. Under LVG United were sliding away to nothingness.

I assume his next step will be Portugal manager, with Ronaldo having just retired so he’ll have an excuse when they don’t compete for things.
Quite the opposite, things were starting to come together towards the end. We started playing better, we won the FA cup and the youth was the heart of the project. Under Jose we were slipping away into nothingness he tried to ruin our team, he would have sold our best players and left us with an ageing team.

Status
Not open for further replies.