Jose Mourinho Sack Watch | Sacked per 19-04

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamesjimmybyrondean

I think Tottenham don't have the balls to sack him after one season even when it's clear Mourinho's washed up and done

romufc

Having watched spurs in 3 games post lockdown, reminds me of exactly how we used to play.

Everyone on here critcised Ole for relying on individuals, what does Jose do? He has no attacking play, alot of the goals come from good individual play.

The worst part is how he likes to sit of teams, no matter where they are in the league.

slored1

Football is a wonderful game. Here is a fun fact for you:

Jose at Spurs (19/20 PL SEASON) 31 points in 19 PL games = 1.631 pr. game
Ole at United (19/20 PL SEASON) 52 points in 32 PL games = 1.625 pr. game

If you're operating on data only, Ole should be scared.
You can't and shouldn't compare Ole and Mourinho like that. Ole's team had fecking Pereira and Dan James in the starting 11, whilst Mourinho had for example Son and Lo Celso in the same positions. Before the season we all thought that Spurs have a much better squad than us, and yet it's us that play better football, score more goals, concede less, have more shots on goal.. He's done a much much worse job than Ole regarding the circumstances.

R'hllor

Wondering is haram on some Tottenham fan forum, he is 100% on Inter one

KeanoMagicHat

For the life of me I can't understand why do United Fans hate and abuse Mourinho so much? Mourinho was easily the best post-SAF manager -took us to 5 finals within 2 seasons won 3 cups and got us to 2nd from where his plans for bridging the gap was stalled and handicapped by the board's refusal to back him after signing an extension half a year ago. Why all the hate?
Not backed by the board? He moaned about centre backs yet the board bought him Lindelof and Bailly the previous season. Lukaku cost 75m and Pogba cost 85m. Ibrahimovic and Sanchez were on massive wages. Sanchez was entirely to get one over Man City and he sidelined Martial for it. In fact he wanted to sell Martial for Willian only the board stopped him. We’d have Martial scoring 15 goals for Chelsea now while United would have 31 year old Willian on a big contract if he had his way.

He moaned constantly when he was here, drained all the life out of the club. Doing something similar to Spurs. He used to do the opposite he would bring life to any team. He disrespected the club in his football heritage speech. Ole or any manager that really cared about the club would never do that. In fact everything is about the cult of Mourinho. He left the club in awful shape. He left the least fit team in the league that took about a year to catch up if you wanted to play modern football.

CM

Even Joses EL winning team cost a bomb and we weren’t really playing great football at any stage. He’s never going to build another successful team without a blank chequebook and who would trust him with unlimited funds. When you look at his work over the last few years it’s obvious he’s lost his touch. His style of football just isn’t effective anymore, he’s lost the ability to motivate flair players as his tactics are nearly always negative and reactionary and he’s such a bad loser in a league where anyone can beat anyone on their day you can see how things quickly get toxic when he’s around. Busted flush.
He also had the easiest run to the final imaginable and it still took hobbling over the line in extra time against Anderlecht and being a heartbeat away from being knocked out by Celta. The second leg performance against Celta was not at all dissimilar to the one where Sevilla put us out of the Champions League.

This isn't even me trying to discredit him but I can't think of one good thing he did for us without throwing in a caveat, and I think that's indicative of where he is now.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Not backed by the board? He moaned about centre backs yet the board bought him Lindelof and Bailly the previous season. Lukaku cost 75m and Pogba cost 85m. Ibrahimovic and Sanchez were on massive wages. Sanchez was entirely to get one over Man City and he sidelined Martial for it. In fact he wanted to sell Martial for Willian only the board stopped him. We’d have Martial scoring 15 goals for Chelsea now while United would have 31 year old Willian on a big contract if he had his way.

He moaned constantly when he was here, drained all the life out of the club. Doing something similar to Spurs. He used to do the opposite he would bring life to any team. He disrespected the club in his football heritage speech. Ole or any manager that really cared about the club would never do that. In fact everything is about the cult of Mourinho. He left the club in awful shape. He left the least fit team in the league that took about a year to catch up if you wanted to play modern football.
If someone tells you that Mourinho wasn't backed just tell them that the board allowed him to increase the wage bill by almost 120m£. Maybe they will understand why we had less money for transfers.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
He will have another season, but unless he somehow makes magic happens again he will be sacked by October.

He also had the easiest run to the final imaginable and it still took hobbling over the line in extra time against Anderlecht and being a heartbeat away from being knocked out by Celta. The second leg performance against Celta was not at all dissimilar to the one where Sevilla put us out of the Champions League.

This isn't even me trying to discredit him but I can't think of one good thing he did for us without throwing in a caveat, and I think that's indicative of where he is now.
brought in Zlatan - that was 100% Jose.

clearly he was past his best. But it was a joy to watch him play for Utd, and did beg the question of what if we got him when he went to PSG.

Jose did what Jose does. He’s very enigmatic and charismatic at the start, and there is something about him I still like. He was a great manager, it like most great managers their shelf life has a limit as the game moves on. Happened to Clough, happened to Wenger.

so I certainly don’t hate him, and if he had come in after Fergie, I think we would have been better off - there still would have been the meltdown, but the positives would have been greater.

having said that, thank god he’s no longer our manager. He‘s both outdated and lost his hunger. He’s only doing it for the money. No top club will touch him now, I suppose that’s why he went to spurs :-) Levy should get rid of him at the end of the season, next year will be a disaster for them - although entertaining for the rest of us!

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout

The games against Zorya almost killed me, we won both but it felt like torture.

Redfrog

For the life of me I can't understand why do United Fans hate and abuse Mourinho so much? Mourinho was easily the best post-SAF manager -took us to 5 finals within 2 seasons won 3 cups and got us to 2nd from where his plans for bridging the gap was stalled and handicapped by the board's refusal to back him after signing an extension half a year ago. Why all the hate?
If you look at the trophies, all right. And even then I prefer the FA cupand not 2 second rate trophies ( you can't count the community shield).
But he was so negative and controversial as well as disrespectfull toward the club. Sir Bobby Charlton didn't want him and you know why. The man is all about himself. It kind of tolerable when he is winning but when not it's unbearable.
The fan base was so split with him.

With him it is all about winning. United are more then that. The club has his history, his playing identity, his academy and you have to keep that no matter what.

I think Ole can be a success because he knows the club, his soul, his heartbeat. And players were always supportive toward him because they know he wants to get us back the United way. After our disastrous run, players didn't hide but fought for him.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
I wouldn't be upset with that to be honest. We desperately need a proper quality center back coming into their prime who is a leader.
Unfortunately they are either unavailable or not sold for the price range Spurs can gather from sales. Jose's eye in the market for a center back hasn't been great either, at leas during his time at United. United might sell you Smalling though and he'd still be a solid upgrade for both Spurs and Arsenal.

izec

Unfortunately they are either unavailable or not sold for the price range Spurs can gather from sales. Jose's eye in the market for a center back hasn't been great either, at leas during his time at United. United might sell you Smalling though and he'd still be a solid upgrade for both Spurs and Arsenal.
Smalling is massively overrated on here. he wouldn't make a big difference. We lost him, and nothing., Roma acquired him and nothing. He wouldn't make any sort of decent positive impact at Spurs and Arsenal, he is a squad player for any club with top 4 ambitions.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I genuinely think he'd be sacked at the end of the season if they finish below Arsenal. What's more damningis that they are are overachieving on the xG, xGA and xPts metrics by a considerable margin!

Revaulx

I don't know if I agree with that characterisation of LVG vs Mourinho. LVG was attempting to build the club some sustainable success from the ground up, continually hamstrung by his own god-awful man management, bizarre tactical decisions, and a hideous string of bad transfers. Mourinho attempted to win however he thought he could from day one, and there was never any sense of a plan with a future longer than his traditional three seasons. Mou won more trophies but if you had to stick with one of them for ten years, LVG would leave you in a better position by the end. Mou would probably have murdered everyone and burnt down Old Trafford by then.
Plus LvG’s egomania was hilarious, whilst Jose’s was merely annoying, at least by the time he’d got to United.

jackal&hyde

Smalling is massively overrated on here. he wouldn't make a big difference. We lost him, and nothing., Roma acquired him and nothing. He wouldn't make any sort of decent positive impact at Spurs and Arsenal, he is a squad player for any club with top 4 ambitions.
I don't rate him to much but he would be a big upgrade for Arsenal at least. Spurs too the way things are looking. He just can't pass much.

fps

Quite the opposite, things were starting to come together towards the end. We started playing better, we won the FA cup and the youth was the heart of the project. Under Jose we were slipping away into nothingness he tried to ruin our team, he would have sold our best players and left us with an ageing team.
It's not all or nothing - I thought both were terrible Man Utd managers. The first team and squad Van Gaal left us with was truly appalling, especially given Martial and Rashford were years off being the players they are now becoming. Mourinho wanted to get rid of Martial, which was an awful shout, and got Rashford and Martial the wrong way round up front. He would also have left a poor and ageing team, yes. But the club won more trophies with Mourinho. Neither was right for United, for reasons of style and recruitment. Van Gaal drained the team of any spirit and flair, Mourinho of any boldness and joy.

EwanI Ted

He was a selfish, divisive manager who thought he was bigger than the club, who spent a fortune assembling mediocre players who he then used to build a short lived team that played dreadful out of date football, grinding his way to some modest successes in second rate cup competitions, while never looking close to bridging the gap to the top of the table. He then had a massive meltdown and left us in a worse state than when he arrived.

I mean, what's to hate?

Fosu-Mens

He will have another season, but unless he somehow makes magic happens again he will be sacked by October.
Not unlikely. Can't understand why they appointed him. Already visible to see how much their collective ability as a team to bring the ball into the final third has deteriorated. Players look less able on the ball, more coincidental in attack...
Mourinho's approach to football does not suit a team that aims to compete... If you are an underdog fighting for relegation, his approach would work, but his personality or ego would not make him take a relegation job.

RedDevilUnited369

He’s not getting sacked unless there is a clause in the contract regarding top 4/CL football.

He is one of the highest paid managers in the league and Spurs can’t afford to pay to sack him. I think they still owe Poch £10m following his departure.

Shiva87

Cringe.. That Heritage speech needs to be wiped off our collective memories. I feel disgusted every-time I am reminded of it. Doesn't help that I watched that on live TV when I was so pissed that we set up so negatively in a relatively easy knockout tie against Sevilla. (That was the start of the Pogba - Jose divide as well).

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Not unlikely. Can't understand why they appointed him. Already visible to see how much their collective ability as a team to bring the ball into the final third has deteriorated. Players look less able on the ball, more coincidental in attack...
Mourinho's approach to football does not suit a team that aims to compete... If you are an underdog fighting for relegation, his approach would work, but his personality or ego would not make him take a relegation job.
it's clearly a motivation issue: he doesn't show the same patience to get results as before. His Porto stint didn't start so well with some poor results, but then the team grew and results showed up.
Same at Chelsea: Arsenal was looking like they could won the title again, but the team got better and results came naturally.
Now he wants things immediately and will rant all over the place when things are not working. He completely forgot what being a leader is which is mainly being consistent and assertive.

yan man utd

Cringe.. That Heritage speech needs to be wiped off our collective memories. I feel disgusted every-time I am reminded of it. Doesn't help that I watched that on live TV when I was so pissed that we set up so negatively in a relatively easy knockout tie against Sevilla. (That was the start of the Pogba - Jose divide as well).
‘eritage....’ you just reminded me. I was fuming... Man united manager is the best job in the world - biggest club in the world. You’re in the champions league and the reason you have been hired Is to win it or at least look like you can.

Real Madrid and Barcelona fire managers after 3 months if they don’t look like they are making progress. To try to make United look like a club that should not expect to do better smacks of mourinho’s defensive attitude, lack of confidence and attempts to lower expectations

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin

No it’s true. We were very close to getting it snatched away from us a few times. We were playing against clubs who’ve barely spent any money at all. It wasn’t this huge managerial feat and we were All hoping it was a warm up for better things which never materialised. The following season in the CL was miserable.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
He chooses clubs where the supporters are on the verge of being disgruntled with the chairperson, board or owner, and then exploits this dissatisfaction when he begins to fail in order to protect his reputation for succeeding.

DarkLord

You can only beat what is in front of you and it's not Mourinho's fault we have the luck of the draw. Europa League as you should know by now is not an easy and a very unpredictable competition. It's still the second most prestigious trophy in European football after the Champions League and I'll always be grateful to him winning that trophy for us which is our only missing trophy. You can say whatever you want about Jose but he is still by far our most successful manager post SAF. The trophies and league position/points speak for themselves. He lost the dressing room and that's when everything went downhill for him. His ability as a manger was never in doubt for me.

paraguayo

Supports
neutral
This documentary is incredible :lol:

Anyone knows if the future episodes are leaked somewhere or something?

Rajiztar

Supports
Chelsea
Many will be surprised by Spurs coming season. One domestic trophy and top 4 finish can be achieved by them.

Status
Not open for further replies.