Jose Mourinho Sack Watch | Sacked per 19-04

Status
Not open for further replies.

Revaulx

Well I was talking about Hoddle in this post. But, I’ve never understood the love for Harry Redknapp. He was always a whiny, entitled twat who left financial chaos behind him at Portsmouth. That and his dogs bank account.
Can’t stand him, and don’t blame Levy for sacking him after his constant pleas to be given the England job.

His sides, Spurs included, did have an excellent record of playing attractive football though.

Has our resident troll gone into hiding after this match?

Jose doing Jose. No drama drawing to wolves, they are are a good team. But it’s the manner of the performance. No ambition, no invention, no clue.

do Spurs fans enjoy watching this kind of football?

I know the pay off for Jose is that he will probably win a trophy - but Spurs are a good side, and it’s only a matter of time. They don’t need Jose to win the EL, League Cup (especially if they keep getting byes!) or the FA Cup.

is it worth it?

Robindinho

Classic Jose, it’s never his fault - shifting the blame and putting it on the players when everyone knows they’re just following his instructions/tactics.

Says about not having ambition, yet starts with a back 5 with Winks and Hojberg sat in front and subs off Son and N’dombele to try and see the game out. :confused:

Judas

Open to offers
Feels like Spurs have sold their soul a bit if this is how they want to finally win a trophy again. I still think they will with Jose, but feck me it'll be ugly.

TheReligion

Abusive
Classic Jose, it’s never his fault - shifting the blame and putting it on the players when everyone knows they’re just following his instructions/tactics.

Says about not having ambition, yet starts with a back 5 with Winks and Hojberg sat in front and subs off Son and N’dombele to try and see the game out. :confused:
Exactly this. He can't argue he was ambitious when this was what he did during the game.

Cloud7

Feels like Spurs have sold their soul a bit if this is how they want to finally win a trophy again. I still think they will with Jose, but feck me it'll be ugly.
Win what though? A league cup? An FA cup? Is that really worth it to endure Mourinho football week in week out? You're supposed to enjoy football, not just hope for the ninety minutes to go quickly so that you can look at the result.

Even our Europa league campaign we just about scraped through and came very close to not even making the final. Domestic cups seem to be about Jose's ceiling these days, and personally that's not worth his football and all the chaos that surrounds him.

Sylar

It's been said before but that United teams biggest achievement was helping Jose finish second

DeGea

He makes things difficult for himself as every single bloody time he will hang out a player to dry in the media. This time it is Delle Ali.

He just cannot help himself. It must be his personality. He then loses the dressing room a little bit at a time and then it all unravels.

Shows you what kind of season it’s been and will continue to be. A few weeks ago they were 1st, a win today they would have gone 3rd and we’d be 5th. But they drew and went from (don’t quote me) 7/8 to 5th.

Same can happen to us. A few wins on the trot and we can be much higher than anyone expected, a few defeats and we can be 8th again.

izec

Was never going to last. His football is successful as long as Kane and Son score, but they won't score every time to help him out. Was funny when people thought they really had the chance to win the league. The season is open for sure, but Spurs are playing awful stuff and got a lot of times over the line due to the brilliance of their 2 world class forwards. But you need more than that. A past it Jose doesn't help.

R'hllor

Anyone else remembers when he threw a game vs West Ham on purpose to prove his point about needing a defender? Funny how he still has fans among United supporters, what a cnut.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Win what though? A league cup? An FA cup? Is that really worth it to endure Mourinho football week in week out? You're supposed to enjoy football, not just hope for the ninety minutes to go quickly so that you can look at the result.
Been a very long time since Spurs won a trophy. Their fans would love either of the domestic cups and seen a few say to sack Mourinho after they've won this season's league cup so they can like watching their team again and have some silverware too.

Foxbatt

Anyone else remembers when he threw a game vs West Ham on purpose to prove his point about needing a defender? Funny how he still has fans among United supporters, what a cnut.
Didn't he play McTominay in defence? As he is now playing for Scotland? Never thought Scott was good as a defender but Jose must have seen something. He is a toxic manager. Probably the most toxic manager certainly in the PL.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Anyone who signs Mourinho knows what they are signing up for
But that's the thing, do they? Fans of all his clubs since Real were convinced he would change for them and he didn't.

always_hoping

Been a very long time since Spurs won a trophy. Their fans would love either of the domestic cups and seen a few say to sack Mourinho after they've won this season's league cup so they can like watching their team again and have some silverware too.
2008 league cup under Juande Ramos their last trophy. Jose has a great record in final and it could be lucky 13 for him in April 2021.

tomaldinho1

Almost guarantee he’ll win the league cup and do f all else then proclaim it his best achievement in football.
He arguably has the best attack in the league and he’s playing backs to the wall, counter attack football against every team.

Poch going to PSG and winning the CL would bring this full circle.

renandstimpyfan83

Supports
Real Oviedo/England
This guy trying to gaslight us into believing that the tactics he’s used for twenty years weren’t actually down to him but his players is unbelievable. Who actually buys this garbage?

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
I don’t understand why there’s always a movement who thinks he will change.

After the 2012 La Liga win with Madrid it’s quite clear his deterioration, I am not one of those who thinks quality is measured by being offensive or defensive, but it’s quite clear even from a defensive point of view his teams are worse than when he was at his best.

Maybe he wins the odd cup, but it’s impossible this days to win a Domestic League without having a decent offensive organisation, even if we compare the quality of the counter attacks between his 2012 Madrid and the teams he coached since he returned to England... and this against the poorest version of Wolves since they returned to the Premier League.

It’s just pathetic to watch, at least for those who knew with some details how he worked at Porto and his first Chelsea, it’s just like watching a ghost.

Scroto Baggins

Supports
Newcastle Jets
Not many of the Spurs fans on here tonight, which says it all.
Looking at the table I think Spurs are about where they ought to be, in the mix for top 4. Had they come through this run of hard fixtures which they just concluded in 2nd or 1st you could easily argue they were in the mix for the title. But they have slipped down the table a bit so I think top four. Im pretty sure that is what Levy/the board's goal is, get back in the CL, and maybe win a trophy, the Europa, League Cup, or FA Cup.

Raredaredevil

If he wins Spurs the league Cup which I'm almost certain he will, he will probably declare that as his biggest achievement with Spurs which is rightly so as the last time they won a trophy was in 2008.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Looking at the table I think Spurs are about where they ought to be, in the mix for top 4. Had they come through this run of hard fixtures which they just concluded in 2nd or 1st you could easily argue they were in the mix for the title. But they have slipped down the table a bit so I think top four. Im pretty sure that is what Levy/the board's goal is, get back in the CL, and maybe win a trophy, the Europa, League Cup, or FA Cup.
They are close to 4th place but if we are talking about league position then it's not really proper position. They are level on points with City, City have game in hand. They are just a point above Villa, Villa have 2 games in hand.

If we go by points per game, they would be around 7th or 8th.

renandstimpyfan83

Supports
Real Oviedo/England
He did the same thing with his Chelsea team the last time they won the league. First half of the season they were beating everyone and then for no reason he switched things around and they ended up grinding out the rest of the season when there was no need for them to.
Because Robben got injured. The “Chelsea played good attacking football” defence was always a myth based on about ten games when Robben was incredible and they regularly smashed teams 4-0 and 4-1. They started the season with boring defensive football too. Their first 8 PL games finished 1-0, 1-0, 2-0, 2-1, 0-0, 0-0, 1-0, 1-0 before they lost 1-0 at City. Robben made his debut in the next match and they went on a 15 game run with a goal difference of 40:6. Robben was injured in the next game and they went back to shit on a stick.

Reactions: sizzling sausages

3KDré

I don’t understand what they’re doing. Up until the Palace game they were completely fine. It wasn’t attack attack attack but it was measured, wing backs were joining in, they were scoring goals, committing people forward. 60 mins into the Palace game it’s like a switch was turned on and they must now always be super defensive and attack only a few times in a game. Mental and not at all sustainable for getting results.
Happened with us too. 16/17 at the beginning we were playing good footie then we played City and our midfield of Pogba- Fellaini got completed dominated. We got more negative after that. Same again the next season. Started off scoring for fun on the counter. Then I think it was another game against City and we got battered and the Mourinho meltdown started from there...peaking at Sevilla.

Shiva87

This. Also, it's not easy to start playing football after going all-defensive for 90% of the game. The momentum isn't there. It's all relying on individial brilliance for Mourinho.
He had 3 CDMs on the pitch to defend a 1-0 lead and took off Son and Ndombele for Sissoko and Lamela. Tells you all you need to know.

Not an iota of positive attacking play left in his bones :P

Would love to see what he says if he is ever asked why his Spurs squad (who he rates better than the United squad) is performing worse for two seasons in a row than United. The 6-1 looks more like an abberation by each passing week.

RashyForPM

I’ve noticed this pattern with Mourinho’s style of football after his Inter tenure where he comes into a club and is actually pretty proactive and attacking until a particular event goes unbelievably tits up for his team. After Inter, where his decline began after two years of massive success culminating in the CL win in 2010, he went to Real, Chelsea, us and then Spurs.

At Real, while his team still scored 105 goals in La Liga in his final season, he shifted to a more defensive game after the Bayern SF loss in the CL in 2012. The 105 goals only came because of the unbelievable attacking talent he had in his ranks. All of us could have got that Real team to a similar amount of goals that season, and that isn’t an overstatement. I mean, Ronaldo, Benzema, ADM, Ozil and Higuain as backup! Then, at Chelsea, it was the 5-3 and 2-4 debacles to Spurs and Bradford respectively. Over here, it was the Pool game where he inexplicably let an off-form Pool team dominate us. Then, finally, at Spurs, it was the 3-3 bottle job against West Ham.

Therefore, this is why he will never be as successful, or even successful at Spurs or any top club bar PSG where titles are guaranteed for any manager, until he switches it up. He is desperate for any excuse to move to a defensive style of play, and until that changes, he is nothing more than a mid-table manager.

hmchan

He had 3 CDMs on the pitch to defend a 1-0 lead and took off Son and Ndombele for Sissoko and Lamela. Tells you all you need to know.

Not an iota of positive attacking play left in his bones :P

Would love to see what he says if he is ever asked why his Spurs squad (who he rates better than the United squad) is performing worse for two seasons in a row than United. The 6-1 looks more like an abberation by each passing week.
Seems funny that you intentionally skip the first substitution, where Mourinho tries to be more attacking by putting Bergwijn in for Reguilon.

Ladron de redcafe

The Athletic has a full account of Mourinho's last few months at Chelsea (2.0). Happy to share the article in full if someone call tell me the correct procedure for doing so.

https://theathletic.com/2240737/202.../?article_source=search&search_query=mourinho
Please! (Assuming it is fine to share the article and that it doesn't contravene any rules here).

There was a tremendous book by Diego Torres about the end of his tenure at Madrid called "The Special One: The Dark Side Of José Mourinho".

In my opinion, the debacle at Chelsea was even worse than the one at Madrid. So I can't imagine what a circus it was by December of 2015.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I’ve noticed this pattern with Mourinho’s style of football after his Inter tenure where he comes into a club and is actually pretty proactive and attacking until a particular event goes unbelievably tits up for his team. After Inter, where his decline began after two years of massive success culminating in the CL win in 2010, he went to Real, Chelsea, us and then Spurs.

At Real, while his team still scored 105 goals in La Liga in his final season, he shifted to a more defensive game after the Bayern SF loss in the CL in 2012. The 105 goals only came because of the unbelievable attacking talent he had in his ranks. All of us could have got that Real team to a similar amount of goals that season, and that isn’t an overstatement. I mean, Ronaldo, Benzema, ADM, Ozil and Higuain as backup! Then, at Chelsea, it was the 5-3 and 2-4 debacles to Spurs and Bradford respectively. Over here, it was the Pool game where he inexplicably let an off-form Pool team dominate us. Then, finally, at Spurs, it was the 3-3 bottle job against West Ham.

Therefore, this is why he will never be as successful, or even successful at Spurs or any top club bar PSG where titles are guaranteed for any manager, until he switches it up. He is desperate for any excuse to move to a defensive style of play, and until that changes, he is nothing more than a mid-table manager.
Tbf, it went tits up after loss to Huddersfield a week before that. Pool was the 1st time he pulled it off on that scale (after Pool 0-0 and City 0-0 the year earlier). But yeah, I feel it was Pool game in the 2nd season where the players would have thought, "We are better than them, why are we playing the way we are"

niklas32

Supports
Olympiacos
They need someone who can take free kicks
Embarrasing post match comments from him. Who decides the tactics? You or the players?
He kept repeating "we had 89 minutes to score more goals" like this occured due to players inability or something. Typical José. A toxic man - apart from his parking the bus tactics.

I couldn't even watch man utd on his era.

Status
Not open for further replies.